• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
So I was about to ask how the melee meetup went

anyways I'll be there next week

Mikezor you should come and give it another chance I wanna melee with you <3

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
And I can use my extensive knowledge of law lingo because i watch a lot of law and order.

I'll be the next diane neal.
Just make sure to slam your hands on the desk and yell "OBJECTION" when you want to make a point. The louder you are, the righter you are. :D

Also dylan, why are ya going to court dood? You rob some kids of there lunch money in a brawl match? =p

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
So I was about to ask how the melee meetup went

anyways I'll be there next week

Mikezor you should come and give it another chance I wanna melee with you <3
It was nice (other than the drama that I was unaware of O.o). 5 people to melee with. Was fun.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium

YOU WILL NEVER UNSEE
NEVERNEVERNEVERNEVER!

And for the love of your eyes virginity, please....do not google this if you don't get the joke.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Tim, do you ever read Oglaf comics?

My god that is the funniest ****. Just read through the entire thing straight.

-Ran

Smash Master
So, how is the Denver scene? I might be moving there in August. I play both games and I'm accustomed to hosting events, since I ran more or less all New Orleans events.

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure since I haven't been to a lot of get-togethers lately, but Tournament scene is pretty much nonexistent with the occasional casual smashfest.

Buuuuut welcome to CO!

Steam

Smash Hero
we actually have a half respectable ammount of smashers in or around denver. just no one to host events who doesn't charge like 40 dollar venue fees. :>

-Ran

Smash Master
Well, that would have to change if I'm coming. I run the Nola monthlies, so I'd be looking to get something going in Denver if I moved.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
It'd be pretty cool to actually meet you in real life.

Also, if you weren't number 1 on the PR where you live now, you will be here.

-Ran

Smash Master
I was number 3, when I was active. [We don't count Lee. >>] I just started playing again recently, but I could reclaim that spot at anytime. If I entered a tournament, I'd be fourth seed if everyone was Pr'ed that was there, regardless of not going to a tournament since November.

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
Woo :D More people to run things :D

As it is though, Colorado Power Ranking is non-existent sadly :(

But what Moblin said: Welcome to CO if you move here :D

-Ran

Smash Master
Well, I'm pretty much an organizer at heart. I'd get things running so that I could have stuff to do during the weekends. =p

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
Same :) I love organizing events :)

As it is though, I'm pretty busy with moving. That alone killed the event I had planned for the summer (Zournament 3) :(

Where in Denver are you thinking of moving to?

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
Ah gotcha (praying it's on the South side of Denver)

A few of us are in the Springs, and we have weekly events. Albeit they're more casual than anything, it's still a fun gathering to be a part of :)

-Ran

Smash Master
It won't matter; I'll have my car. I'm twenty-five, so I'm not opposed to driving to go to places.

She lives in Centennial.

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
\o/

Just saying Southern Denver because it's much easier. The location of where we meet is actually right off the interstate too.

EDIT: Centennial? That's perfect!

Also wanted to ask: You mentioned you played both games (assuming Melee and Brawl). You enjoy any others?

-Ran

Smash Master
Well, I'm decent at whatever I play. I've learned Melee after Brawl, since I didn't like being left out when they'd pop in the Melee disk. I've become pretty competent at it. I'm into FPSes, and really, anything. I'm not a salty guy, so I tend to play whatever.

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
Gotcha. Very cool!

I mainly play Marvel and Melee, with the side of Brawl at times. FPS's aren't my forte except for TF2, but what they did to TF2 makes me sad.

Hoping to be able to meet you sometime in the near future!

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Hi person. Centennial is an awful place to live. You have to live in the same town as me.

So with gameon, they ran like 3 tourneys, then neither the smash scene nor the fighter scene heard from them again. If you could get them doing things again, it'd be chill, but I don't think their typical scene enjoyed the tournament experience.

EFL is a bunch of awesome guys, but whenever we had smash tourneys with them, attendance was terrible. So I stopped trying to get them to run it. You could always try again, but we'd have to supply crts and smash because they're pretty much all hi def tvs anymore.

-Ran

Smash Master
I wouldn't be asking them to run it. I'd handle everything in regards to organizing them. I just need to find a cheap venue. At the moment, the move is looking like 95% going to happen. I intend to have monthlies happening for Brawl and Melee.

Top Bottom