• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Rizen

Smash Legend
This is a fine topic.
Agree. I meant why are we talking about this? Did you have a report?
The amount of food you consume is ~twice as much as an omnivore

@Arizen:

I'll generalize health care all I want. It's the ****ing truth. Until it's impossible for someone to get in their car, go down to mcdonalds, and get whatever amount of food they want for a reasonable price, nobody is going to give two ****s about their health or nutrition because LOLSUSTAINABLEFOOD or whatever bull**** it is the fast food companies feed us nowdays.

America has SHOWN that's it not ready for health care for this reason.

Honestly I should probably just shut the **** up and stop arguing but i think this is fun so w/e
*America's health is a whole other issue- volatile at that, so focus on the environment for this.

*Don't generalize people.
^*These were separate comments.

The reform did pass. Either way it's not part of an environmental debate. One fuse at a time, you know.
Forgive me, as im not really concerned about the environment and don't know that much...
But having a clean environment is a group effort, and theirs no way everyones gonna cooperate. Although theres a law about recycling, ALOT of people still break it. I dunno it just feels like unless everyone's forced to do environmentally friendly things they won't. People will still smoke, litter, use gas guzzling cars unless all that stuff is magically gone.
A lot more people don't litter now than before. Everyone never completely cooperates. Don't be defeated by things not magically working out like Disney movies.
Yeah... I'll just PM you my thoughts Dylan, instead of allowing for people to pick apart my view and troll.
What Z said here^ is why i mentioned debate threads.
Also MK needs to be banned. It's obvious he's causing global warming with his constant drilling. With Meta out of the picture, tornadoes would decrease tenfold.
Lol.
A majority of the produced crops are nothing more than corn. That's all that's fed to the livestock (mostly) as opposed to live grazing and this is how most of our meat is consumed (Are you happy now? I stopped 'using' numbers but would be HAPPY to go find my paper and cite this **** even if you wouldn't be able to see it because i used our Libraries online resources).

So basically, you're talking about a complete ROTATION of all of americas crops into other edible foods (which, keep in mind, the land is probably too harsh due to the genetic alterations made to this corn). Then, additionally, we're talking a distribution of all of this new food to keep us healthy.

It is not a sustainable or viable plan to have everyone in the United States become vegeterian. There's not enough space, not enough manpower, and once again, NOT ENOUGH WANT IN THE HUMAN MIND.
The preferred foods, specifically cattle and corn, are disrupting natural water systems. Mexico's getting the raw deal from the USA's agricultural influence on water systems.
"have everyone in the United States become vegeterian" <Unfeasible, yep. More people drinking the recommended amount of water each day would dramatically improve America's average health and lessen the demand for soda/juice etc, which has high fructose corn syrup, which means less demand for corn.
Also, I don't once again want to go off on another tangent,
Renewable energy>Food.
Less talking about all this environment stuff, more liking trees.
Trees <3
God damit Spelt and Zaj, I had to scroll for 10 minutes to get through that ****.
^
(were there subliminal messages?)
That's easy, jamaal! Vegetarianism is more sustainable because meat doesn't grow on trees!
Tim is awesome.:chuckle:
Now, while it may be true that cows consume more food than they provide, the quality of the food is much better. It provides more nutrients, is more filling, and (for me, at least) much tastier. You can't really sustain yourself on just corn for a week.
'Can't argue with that^.
tl;dr- Corn is cheaper than cow, cow provides more nutrients than the lifetime's worth of corn would. Cow is cheaper and more efficient than corn. You could dedicate more space to farming a bunch of plants, or you could do what's been done for forever. At this point in time, sustaining the omnivore diet is more practical. Also, tasty.

I would accept if we stopped eating cows and pork in favor of fish, but importing fish to landlocked areas is pricey and gay. Also, I love bacon and steak. :3
I agree with this. Cows and corn are hogging the spotlight. Other options make an appearance!

<><><><><><>
So guys, I love debates. I also know that debating is a fabulous way to seriously pisssomeoneoff without meaning to. This is a lighthearted debate with no intention of hurting feelings or anything personal. Peace out.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
(soy and hemp being the two I can think of off the top of my head, but I could just be blowing smoke).
Ah, don't even get me started on hemp... it's an extremely under appreciated plant that could solve a LOT of problems. 1 acre of hemp is more productive than 4 acres of trees, not to mention even as a drug it's safer than alcohol. Growing hemp would probably end our need to cut down a single tree for paper or fabric. And that's not even the start. http://www.momsformarijuana.com/ (no, I'm not a mom nor do I plan to be, but their website has epic info)

A lot more people don't litter now than before. Everyone never completely cooperates. Don't be defeated by things not magically working out like Disney movies.

More people drinking the recommended amount of water each day would dramatically improve America's average health and lessen the demand for soda/juice etc, which has high fructose corn syrup, which means less demand for corn.

Renewable energy>Food.

I agree with this. Cows and corn are hogging the spotlight. Other options make an appearance!
1- That's very true. Large change doesn't happen instantly, it happens gradually.

2- You mentioned HFCS. Arizen, you are awesome. I do have to note that diet sodas do not have HFCS, but they still have aspartame, which is still bad either way.

3- This.

4- Other options including hemp!

God damit Spelt and Zaj, I had to scroll for 10 minutes to get through that ****.
LOL XD

Also MK needs to be banned. It's obvious he's causing global warming with his constant drilling. With Meta out of the picture, tornadoes would decrease tenfold.
:laugh:

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
@MES: Nah, I'm just really interested in the subject. I turned my report in on Tuesday. And with my current job it's a lot of what I talk about now.

Also I love everybody in this thread.

Tranzworld

Smash Apprentice
yeah, I'm not hating anyone here. I'm just saying.

Also Tony rationalized alot of what I want to say, bigger post coming tomorrow when i'm not getting ***** by cell signaling.

Bees!

Smash Ace
Trees are good! Wish there were some in Pueblo West; also adding to this discussion in clockwise order starting from the top left hand corner:
Spelt, Jamaal, Zajice, Tranzworld and Dylan.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Splet, get back in the kitchen. We're not done making sandwiches for the redheaded dork, the blackanese guy, and the homo.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
homo ain't getting no sandwich from me.

he can have some salt water, though.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
With great heart, comes great sandwiches.

And if anything im the fabulous one here~! See that?! That was a squiggle at the end of my sentence!

Look down. Now look back up to me.

My comment is now diamonds~!

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I'd propose Mikezor's. Only because I really really really need to clean the house/my room, and I keep getting distracted. If no one is here, I get bored and clean. And if I finish soon enough, I can take the bus to mikezor's house and catch a ride back wif Tim.

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie

And if anything im the fabulous one here~! See that?! That was a squiggle at the end of my sentence!

~ = The Fabulation mark

Wow.......
I know, rite?

You can be Dr.Blight Tony! You both have pretty hair, like a girl!

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Its a pretty solid opening. The fact that platinum got a butt shot is disturbing. ._. No loli fan service ktnx. Other then that its pretty fun to watch. =w=

And i'll try and make it to Mcfest for you steamy~! :> If not that, then splat. Im definitely going to splatfest~!

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
That intro kicked ***.

The first time Tao got any decent animation too. Finally.

Makoto's little bit is entirely fanservice. Also at the end of it, her boobs bounce about 5 times in less than a second.

Rachel and Kokonoe needed more screen time imo.

Steam

Smash Hero
Its a pretty solid opening. The fact that platinum got a butt shot is disturbing. ._. No loli fan service ktnx. Other then that its pretty fun to watch. =w=

And i'll try and make it to Mcfest for you steamy~! :> If not that, then splat. Im definitely going to splatfest~!
<3 Bang for saving tao.

and I might not make it to splat due to family thanksgiving plans. But I will try.

and remember it's tonighttttt. and it's at the garden of the gods road exit on I-25, take the exit, take a left and go under the overpass, and you'll see it on the left. it's literally right there

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I'm getting my car back!

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Rizen

Smash Legend
My couch and chairs are made of hemp.

Am I on the verge of realizing innuendo? ...not sure.
ffffffff this post was supposed to be an edit
Double post?! You trouble maker.

Top Bottom