• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Tranzworld

Smash Apprentice
Regular ender for tauntloop = done
**** end for tauntloop = done
Oki end for tauntloop = almost good

GET AT ME STEAM LETS HAVE SOME TAO MIRRORS NEXT TIME WE PLAY

Steam

Smash Hero
I'll just wait until the balance patch til we play :D

@dan- you should upload our stupid matches :0

and the enders are the easy part D: . taunt loop is a pain in the *** when you use a pad

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Well, thanks for the suggestion. I will make some posts and see if I can get it to work. Also, if any of you have advice for the characters that I'm going to main, I would greatly appreciate it. I'm maining falco in melee and noel in bb.
I can help you with Falco in Melee. Only other person in CO who might know him better is Ferdi. If you can get him to teach you stuff, though, he's a better gamer overall.

I'll just wait until the balance patch til we play :D

@dan- you should upload our stupid matches :0

and the enders are the easy part D: . taunt loop is a pain in the *** when you use a pad
Assuming the balance patch ever happens, lulzzz.

I'd say "get a stick", but you're a lil kid. :( Borrow one of dan's, giving him some collateral? I dunno. Suck **** for a stick. lolz

Mike, once I can find my phone, I'll list what I think of all the artists. The XX, Ringo Sheena, and one other group I can't remember are really ridiculously good, though. Most of it's pretty awesome, and srsly, you gave the best birthday present. :D

Steam

Smash Hero
I can afford a stick... and I'm 17 :[

It's just that I can do everything else just fine with a pad and kinda prefer it TBH. plus I don't have to pay money since I already have them.

Underload

Lazy
Applicable to Dan and Zach:
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ymKLymvwD2U?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ymKLymvwD2U?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Scientologists are allowed to use the internet?
He renounced.
I can afford a stick... and I'm 17 :[

It's just that I can do everything else just fine with a pad and kinda prefer it TBH. plus I don't have to pay money since I already have them.
They're worth it, but if you're gonna stick with a pad, no johns about the pad. Just like I can't D:< about my controller cuz I'm using Tim's.

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. What up guys, here is a list of events that will be coming up for Cutthroat:

Call of Duty Midnight Release Party:

Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Come one come all COD players to Call of Duty: Black Ops midnight release at Gamestop hosted by Colorado Cutthroat. Come win prizes, a Free-for-all ranking in Colorado Cutthroat and more..

Call of Duty: Black Ops Midnight Release Website
http://www.coloradocutthroat.com/CutthroatPromoGaming10.php

Pre-registration:
http://nvgaonline.com/nvgaforms/register.php?form-id=32

Holiday Bash:

Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Christmas comes early and Cutthroat is here to delivery. Come spend the holiday season as Colorado Cutthroat host the 2nd annual Holiday Bash. This event has multiple goals one being to support those local charity foundations in Colorado. The other goal is to thank all the competitors, kids, families and the overall community for all the support going into 2011. Come get FOOD, CASUAL GAMING ALL DAY, RAFFLE GIVEAWAYS AND TOURNAMENT PLAY. As a gamer this is the place to be on the 18th. Players will have the ability to play in ALL TOURNAMENT GAMES at one price with no additional pot fees included. So if you like Smash, HALO, BlazBlue and Super Street Fighter 4 and you want to play in every tournament YOU CAN!!

Here is a list of charity organizations that will be involved in the Holiday Bash:

-Black Student Services (Omega Foundation)
-Toys for Tots

Date: December 18th, 2010

Location: 900 Auraria Parkway, Tivoli Building, Turnhall Room

Pre-registration: http://nvgaonline.com/nvgaforms/register.php?form-id=33

Steam

Smash Hero
aaand the 20 dollar venue fee is back.

@tony- It only really give me trouble on taunt loop because I have to D>B kinda fast and I have to reposition my hand or I'll hit C with the side of my thumb.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
My advice is beat the opponent and win games. :3
I use to have a bad habit of sucking at blazblue but with these 2 easy tips, i've learned how not to suck. =w=

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
...if anyone wants to play MS again, let me know...

I might start again. >_>
oh god.....the maple feverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I also found out that nexon disables inactive accounts and i think you have to go through support to get it activated again which is dumb. Also i'm assuming you got a new comp?

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
aaand the 20 dollar venue fee is back.

@tony- It only really give me trouble on taunt loop because I have to D>B kinda fast and I have to reposition my hand or I'll hit C with the side of my thumb.
Main reason to get a stick; you won't have this problem

Jorgeme

Smash Cadet
Hmm I see nothing about prize money at all for Holiday Bash, and the last two years prizes for first place was a goody bag right? I vote we hold a smashfest on Dec 18 (day of Holiday Bash).

Tranzworld

Smash Apprentice
Getting a stick was the best decision of my life when it comes to fighting games.

Get one for christmas or your birthday.

Oh and your execution gets 10000x better on stick, I can do combos that better players who have pads can't because pad gives you terrible execution

Also I can do tauntloops on pad. Not well, mind you, but I can do them on pad. Practice moar~

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Dan, you wanna come over for sumdat blablu later today?

oh god.....the maple feverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I also found out that nexon disables inactive accounts and i think you have to go through support to get it activated again which is dumb. Also i'm assuming you got a new comp?
Yeah, they disabled my LizzyInfamous account. ;_;

But IzzyInfamous still works, so haaaaaaaay.

Kindasorta, I fixed my mom's laptop. Playing LoL on it is a pain, but workable.

Hmm I see nothing about prize money at all for Holiday Bash, and the last two years prizes for first place was a goody bag right? I vote we hold a smashfest on Dec 18 (day of Holiday Bash).
I second this. We know that I can host bombass events (with Tim's approval, of course). So if no one else can do et, I'll set this shiz up. Lyn will be back from London, tho, so I might not be present the entire time. But we'll seeeeeeee.

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
Can't. I'm refing a pokemon tourney tonight, and then melee at 8 tonight.

Thursday night?

Also, you got a spare monitor? I got my second computer fixed, so I'd you're interested in it, I'm sure we can work out a deal mmhhmmmm

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
Core2Quad (forgot what speed... 2.4GHz I think)
EVGA 9800 GT2
4GB DDR3 OCZ

I can provide a temp harddrive for now (150gb Raptor)

The only thing that'll jack up the price is the liquid cool processor sync. Can easily OC it up to 2.6, if not more.

Get that cider too if you can. I wanted to try some last time.

MK.II

Smash Rookie
Can't. I'm refing a pokemon tourney tonight, and then melee at 8 tonight.

Thursday night?

Also, you got a spare monitor? I got my second computer fixed, so I'd you're interested in it, I'm sure we can work out a deal mmhhmmmm
Melee at 8 tonight? Details?

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
At my friend's dorm. Or just come to UCCS. We'll play in the pub instead.

Text me.

Also,

Bess the Bees!

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Ps3 controller really that bad that ya'll have to buy sticks n pads? '3'

To be honest, I would get them, but I don't like relearning configurations or adapting to something new.
Change scares me. >w>

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
I got BlazBlue. Watched a friend play it, played it a bit, and was like, "Well **** this, I'm getting a stick [my first one] and then learning."

Tranzworld

Smash Apprentice
When I tauntloop on Xbox controller i do

Drive = RT
Taunt = RB

So you get

214RT -> j.2RT~Y button -> RB

Makes for a nice rhythmn :3.

Also about the stick vs pad argument thingy. I knew i wanted a stick from the first day I played Blazblue..and even then I underestimated how much I'd love my stick once I got used to it. Stick play just makes EVERYTHING so much easier.

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
Everything is easier with a stick.
You can combo better with a stick.
You can spread the butter on your toast better with a stick.
You can better yourself as a person by spreading butter all over yourself better with a stick.
etc. etc. etc.

Steam

Smash Hero
taunt loop is now 2938423 times easier.

But after like 6 loops it stops comboing because they're too high up. even with the FC which is supposed to give you 12 loops. what part of the taunt loop do I slow down? D: or is this all in my head?

Tranzworld

Smash Apprentice
taunt loop is now 2938423 times easier.

But after like 6 loops it stops comboing because they're too high up. even with the FC which is supposed to give you 12 loops. what part of the taunt loop do I slow down? D: or is this all in my head?

Your execution sucks. Work on it.

Top Bottom