• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Tranzworld

Smash Apprentice
Nuuuu dunt use thaaaaaat vid D:

lol so in melee is it better to use a button to jump when wavedashing or use the control stick jump? or does it matter?
Is it even possible to wavedash with tap jump? Buttonzzzz

Also on the subject of evolution and semantics, It's not even something you can really say because evolution isn't even a theory so much as a thought process anymore.

Jorgeme

Smash Cadet
What is the grab that combos into f-smash that marth has on jiggz? When i try forward throw on Dave it only works at low % then he can DI out (luckily he forgets to half the time :))
Plz answer of melee experts.

Also definitely easier to wavedash w/ button not control stick

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
Plz answer of melee experts.

Also definitely easier to wavedash w/ button not control stick
u d-throw to tipper around 40-60%, they can di out of it but generally it works because its hard to react, alternatively if u predict they are gonna di a d-throw, then f-throw instead. Also you can f-throw wavedash to f-smash....hope that helps

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
You don't seem to understand why I've always disliked Peach. You play the ONE character in this game that it's impossible to play flashy against.

Play me with any other real character and you see my pretty Marth.

Also happy birthday to Steam! I'd do it on AiB but he was getting obnoxious so I had to block him.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Martha's quite beautiful. :3

Only character I consider *flashy* though is captain falcon. So much gutsy risky stuff you can do with him, that hardly ever works, but looks ****** when ya do it. Everything marth does just feels far to easy to land to be epic. Maybe a suicide Dair spike?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIRvy2s6V6g

Edit: Holy crap its your birthday steamy? :D Happy birthday my wittle fuzzbucket~! <3

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
*likes a lot*
Time to complete the story.

So my college had a little gaming fest thing whatever. Smash was there, and I figured it was my time to hang around and beat kids for free. So there was this guy who wanted to 1v1 whoever won the next FFA. For whatever odd reason, this meant a team match where I assumed the two were going to fight each other. So I'm on the winner guy's team (who was actually cool people and not totally bad) vs Mr.1v1 and some girl.

I forgot who I even picked (I think Snake), but my teammate picked Zelda, and Mr.1v1 picked Wolf. We started off and there were items still on. Mr 1v1 complained after losing a stock, calling it stupid and we had to quit out and turn 'em off.

So start second match. Mr1v1 picks Lylat Cruise, and off we go to battle. I try to leave 'em be, letting them fight while I take on the girl. BTW, girls love Lucario for Brawl, I know 3 females who play as him whenever they do. But here and there, Mr1v1 tries to attack me. I dunno if it's accidental or not or whatever. Then he starts to complain, "They're only winning because that Snake is staying back." Eh... whatever. I start acting on the Zelda's strategy of use Side B a lot and run, and I was just his personal defending force.

Then Mr1v1 starts complaining "They're only winning because of this stage and that Zelda is spamming!" While the second part was pretty true, though a still legit tactic, HE PICKED THE STAGE. I even brought it up and he said something that musta been SO bad that my brain turned off, cause I can't remember it now. But I was fed up. I sighed and just said "Look man, do you just wanna 1v1 and get this over with?" And he seemed SO happy and accepted it without question.

I lol'd

So I go good ol' Flaco. He goes Wolf again. Then he picks Eldin Bridge. Ohhh man, it was over! I'm pretty sure that's the worst level possible in a Wolf/Flaco matchup. So we start, and of course, I go in for a chaingrab. He starts crying about it right away. So I stop and just use simple approach tactics; which was a bunch of short hop attacks, mostly nairs of course. He starts complaining about me using the same moves over and over and over. I stopped caring and just fake-combo'd him, since he wasn't di-ing. They were actually pretty sexy tbh. Even his friends got in on it saying they "smelled cheese." Hoo hoo hoo!

Everything I did from then on out was cheap. He tried laser spamming. Except he did it while I was like way out of range. So I hit him with my lasers. Then I just approached with Perfect Shields. That was cheap. Seeing as he was an expert Wolf, he used Fsmash a lot. A LOT. I'd just Perfect Shield or Side Dodge to Dsmash. That was also cheap. He tried to attack out of the air. Shield to grab. That was cheap too.

Note, I didn't use run away laser tactics, SH Phantasms, or even my reflector once. Nor did I chain grab him off the edge of the stage like he deserved to be.

Here's a list of things I said during the match
"That's not cheap"
"No, you're just not that good."
"Then get better."
"I'm trying to let you know that you aren't that good."
"There's people who easily beat me in this state, you aint jack."
"Why don't you be cheap then?"
"You can do things too besides attack."
"Check out Smashboards.com. There's a Colorado thread of people who play Brawl. Wait, no there isn't."

The girl seemed amused by this guy getting beat the hell up by me, even though she started the match backing him up saying I'm gonna lose.

So I hilariously won and he was hilariously salty. Then he lost the next FFA to my Metaknight. MY METAKNIGHT. I know I'm one of the best Metaknights in state along with Tim, but he, and everyone else, lost to it. And he was on my *** too. Yay for Metaknight Dsmashes!

Either way, that is all. GG college kids, may you be less nerdy in the future.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Is it even possible to wavedash with tap jump? Buttonzzzz

Also on the subject of evolution and semantics, It's not even something you can really say because evolution isn't even a theory so much as a thought process anymore.
Yeah, it is. I can do it with a good chunk of the cast.

I think it's better to use the buttons to wavedash, but I use the stick for random things like wd OoS, or pretty much anything out of a shine. I also use the stick for my wiggle-out-of-hitstun-then-jump-and-waveland-on-a-higher-platform shenanigans.

Also, I accidentallied a religion thread on fb. :(

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
And Yang already covered the tipper combo. Pretty much after a given percent, you can choose between fthrow and dthrow. They DI one of them wrong, they get tippered. Or faired. Whatever.

I kinda think Marth and Sheik should still be in top tier. If it weren't for them, the "top tier" would have to face more characters that can do some stuff against them.

Brown NITE

Smash Apprentice
Not the law of evolution, so as an academic, isn't it your job to simply acknowledge it?

I mean, semantics and all, but yeah...

And who cares about Melee/Smash anymore anyway?

Aside from Cali, I mean. And 12 year olds. Also, Dylan. And maybe a few other people.

EDIT:

Also, until Smash has an objective means of assessing a tier list, I dunno if they'll ever have a "legit" one.

I mean, I can agree with the current tier list for the most part, even Jiggz being top, but yeah. I prefer tier lists that use the point system based off MUs, personally.

Unfortunately, since CPing is so big in Melee, that's not really feasible. You havin' problems with Doc/Luigi/Ganon as Jiggz? Switch to Sheik. Problem solved.

Surprised, normally by this time, someone from OoS pops in and tries to start a debate like I care or something.

Oh, and nite's a scrub. :D
>.> Tony's opinion is not to be ignored! xDDDD
PSYCHE!!!!!!
Just ignore him and his post will only get bigger until they vanish

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
DEMACIAAAAAAAAAAAA

I wish I went to jamaal's school so I could ask "who is the worst character", then use them and mock the other guy.

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
DEMACIAAAAAAAAAAAA

I wish I went to jamaal's school so I could ask "who is the worst character", then use them and mock the other guy.
Also, they said Ike was the best character in the game, I forgot that too. So I avoided using my Ike, since he's a beast.

Steam said:
And now you see just one of the many benefeits to maining lucario.

BTW it's my birthday in 67 minutes :0 dun forget when the day comes!

Happy Birthday Steam!

Remember what now?

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I just had my first cigarette.

It really wasn't terrible.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Happy birthday Ryyudo.
Bad Meno, bad.

Z how are you banned with 69 points? Is that a title you typed in? Niiice.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Alright, soz I'm wondering who is showing up tomorrow. If you can chip in for massive food orders, that'd be awesome. Also, it'd be cool if EVERYONE can bring at least one set-up.

What I'm aiming for right now:

2-3 Melee
2-4 BB
1 Halo for each person interested

Anduhh, if you wanna LoL, bring your computer, I guess. Mine is still down for the count, though. :(

Also, if we meet the food prerequisite, I was thinking everyone chip in a lil more and we can get a keg. Or just a case and some rum or sumdat.

And maybe we can have some nice little side tournaments. :D

Jorgeme

Smash Cadet
Ty dan but i don't actually think he uses the move in that vid. It kinda looks like he does here but when i looked closer it seems like he is just jumping then doing a turn around up-b (thank you smash lab for labeling these!). I'll just pm bees my post.

Happy Birthday Steamen!

Tony how late is the fest thingy gonna go till? I might be able to show up but not sure.

Top Bottom