• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Code Geass Mafia: OVAH

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Got second at my tournament :D

Still there, so no real posts til Sunday/Monday.

I feel like we've reached a standstill with a lot of investigations and it's coming down to tunneling-esque details for both sides, with the exception of Rei who hasn't been touched on much. Just about everyone has been ignoring Rei, including myself, except for Seph. Weird.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Got second at my tournament :D

Still there, so no real posts til Sunday/Monday.

I feel like we've reached a standstill with a lot of investigations and it's coming down to tunneling-esque details for both sides, with the exception of Rei who hasn't been touched on much. Just about everyone has been ignoring Rei, including myself, except for Seph. Weird.
*Posting from PSP*

Weird as in me applying pressure, or weird that everyone is ignoring him?

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Vote Count

blue yoshi (1) - blue yoshi
adumbrodeus (2) - frozenflame751, gheb_01
sworddancer. (2) - -rei-, KevinM
gustave (3) - summonerau, xonar, Vult Redux
gheb_01 (2) - adumbrodeus, sephiroths masamune
vult redux (2) - overswarm, sworddancer.
KevinM (1) - Dark_Ermac

not voting (2) - meta-kirby, gustave

deadline is last second of 5/23 est
with 15 alive it takes 8 to lynch

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Eh, really didn't wanna make such a long post, but needed adressing.

Out for probably the rest of the day.

Yes the town needs activity to win. The town needs to lynch to win to. Does that make lynching inherently pro town? No! These things are GENERALLY protown, but they have blatant susceptibilities. They are not inherently of protown value but they ARE important to gameplay. How can you not see the difference?

As far as "useless" players in endgame goes, you're banking WAY too much on probability (treating probability like its an absolute which is just fundamentally contradictory), when the context of the game is far more relevant when it comes to making decision like who should go to lylo.

I'm not saying your actions have been generally scummy. What I AM saying is that you've been trying to build up your actions as MORE PRO TOWN THAN THEY REALLY ARE (when actually most of them are pretty value neutral) which IS SCUMMY. Trying to squeeze every townie point you can out of pretty value neutral statements and actions is scummy because it is manipulative and deceitful. Thus scummy.

That's the key difference you're missing here. Most of what you have said isn't particularly scummy STANCE wise. What IS scummy is the fact that you've gone to great lengths to try and make it seem like your stance is the most protown thing ever, when it is far from it. Gheb's most recent post that I quoted earlier pretty much perfectly explains everything I've been trying to say and really clarifies what I think is our shared stance on this matter.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Still working on Rei and some other reads I'm trying to develop.
And here's where you get into an issue with reading intent, especially when you have nothing to metagame the player with.

I have no interest in portraying the actions as inherently more pro-town then they are, simply as a necessity. As I stated before there is NOTHING that prevents a scum from taking this same stance to look like a pro-town player.

This is why I suggest that you take what I said earlier to heart, "there are no town tells, only scum tells", while not strictly true, it's definitely true of the vast majority of gameplay actions because scum can pretend to be anything useful to town. However, at a certain point, they have to play for scum otherwise their team will lose. It's then that you catch them.

As such, I have no intention of pretending this means I cannot be scum. But if you believe I'm scum, find something actually scummy instead of latching on me trying to make town play optimally.

You answered a huge part of your question yourself already: Preaching activity and poking less active players ... is not hard for scum to do. It's a safe stance epsecially since inactive players can't really fight back. It's not a scum-tell but it's by no means a town-tell.

Now I wonder where I've been going after you for said reasons. Either I don't quite understand you or you're just plain wrong. I think you're scum because what I've seen of you earlier (and still now largely) is basically going after the easiest target for what I consider a null-tell.

You speak in absolutes as if you were the god in your username but you see even you are "imperfect". I'd advise you to stop speaking as if the way people play this game is a mere black and white. You cannoot simply categorize things things as "a scumtell" or a "towntell". Circumstances change. Sometimes a role has an influence on a person's playstyle. Sometimes you don't understand everybody's reasoning. Simply put: You don't differentiate nearly enough. This isn't anti-town but the way you try to impose your flawed philosophy onto everybody else and demand everyboy to follow is anti-town.

Either you stop taking everything at face value and take things with a grain of salt (aka not everything is absolute) or I'll continue to think of you as scum. It might be because you're a bit new to Forummafia so consider it advice.

:059:
Ironically, "Adumbro" means "imperfect", you really think I'd put "god" in my username without a hook? (take it to VM if you wanna comment)

As I said above, I'm not pretending that a person who does what I'm doing cannot be scum, what I'm encouraging is what I view as general optimal play among town, a philosophy that is most likely to net us a win in the long run.

Simply put, those facts are the reason why we put pressure on somebody as opposed to immediately pushing somebody off as a lynch target, like I did, and like you didn't. If you pressure the wrong person/pressure the right person for the wrong reasons, you back off after gaining the information you need to make a decision.

No, we cannot know for sure, this is a game of imperfect information after all. But we have general reasonings behind certain picks and processes all the time, I'd be happy to back off, if VR proves himself/herself useful, but for now I'm leaning scum.

Numero Two: Adum: He continues to move back and forth between town and scum to me, right now I wouldn't push a lynch on him because I'm not entirely sure he's anti-town nor does he lean tooo heavily towards that sign right now. I didn't like however how he tried to flip things around on Gheb just because of his eagerness to lynch on D1, it's D1 a lynch has to happen eventually and Gheb shares my sentiment that if a lynch is pertinent that it should just happen. No dilly dallying and letting people make stupid mistakes like oh I don't know....
So, this is common around here...

I'm gonna strongly disagree here, there's a reason why scum sometimes self-hammer in that position, because this position makes it easier for town to get information, why not squeeze as humanly possible before tossing the hammer in?

Regardless, Rei, you're still being quiet, I'm interested in your responses, not the fact that you're reading.

Unvote
Vote: Rei

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well if your basic contention in response to my last post is I'm reading your intent incorrectly, there really isn't much left to say. You may want to consider how you choose to express your thoughts though if you don't want people to get that impression.

Just reread all of Rei's posts. I'm just getting a side-tracked, slightly confused, and basically low-level analysis townie read. He's sort of just been regurgitating a lot of what has been said about other people but what important is he hasn't been explicitly bandwagonning and just parroting people. I mean right now his vote is on sword dancer which is pretty random IMO.

So Rei, are you still just voting Sword dancer because he's inactive? If not, why?

I'm kind of curious what happened to Gustave. He was more active earlier and now he's kind of slipped into the shadows. Wouldn't mind hearing from him.

My read on Sephiroths Masamune has been back and forth across the fence all game. Probably gonna look over his stuff next.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Rei gave a lot of opinion in 285: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=10271423&postcount=285

In his next post [302] he explained that he wouldn't be here: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=10272090&postcount=302

wat.
Ok, logging out after this.

That example shows that he was reading the thread, he never gave satisfactory responses to the charges against him. That's what I meant by "not in the fact that you're reading".

If he wants to give a complete summery of his opinions on everyone's play, that's fine, but he needs to post a defense too.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
My purpose here was to get Gustave to talk about something. He unvoted without committing to a new direction.

How is this suspicious in the slightest?
i sorta missed something. i thought you dodged sephiroth's question but saw you later answered it. yeah i also believe that gustave should be adding more of his suspicions.

This is still Gustave, right? Which post is this?
yeah. that was for gustave. it was post 174

I never feel as if fingers actually bring any pressure. Votes feel a lot heavier.
Why I found Vult suspicious was because of the saying oh it will come later, but now, after his claim, I understand why he did that, so it takes my suspicion of him.
unvote
i just noticed that he meant it took off his suspicions not being suspicious of you. here he even mentions how he feels fos doesn't pressure other members but votes do. he unvoted without trying to go another direction as you stated. this is weird since he really isn't trying to go anywhere with scum hunting. i feel he i just trying to sit around and coast.

The purpose is to allow us to talk. It's not a faction with a specific win condition.

Yeah, I did it to save myself. Mind, though, that I never gave away his role. I don't know his role -- Neighbor status is independent of role.
ok. i just wanted to know the purpose of the neighborhoods. you mentioned that you have no win conditions but what are you allowed to talk about at night?

So Rei, are you still just voting Sword dancer because he's inactive? If not, why?
right now it's on sworddancer since it adds more pressure on the player to speak and add more information. also i found it weird that he came to read the thread but never added anything that day.

when he did add something the next day on what he read. most of it seemed to be parroting on other members. he rarely added anything but just said this is weird and i agree with this post.

we can also say that he got on the vult bandwagon when he voted, this is assuming he hasn't read past post 90, which he stated as his last read post.

i feel that sworddancer still hasn't added much hence my reasoning for voting for him

some for activity and some for suspicion.

If he wants to give a complete summery of his opinions on everyone's play, that's fine, but he needs to post a defense too.
on my defense, i am trying to be as active as possible. by active, i don't mean amount of posts but the content of the post. the reason is a person that posts a lot can get away with fluff while one that posts less will not be able to get away with that. they would have to keep adding information on their current thoughts.

my vote for sworddancer stays since i want him to be more active and have more input.

although i have an fos on gustave still for not really adding much and contradicting his statement that i quoted above.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Alright so so far I've only completed up to about post 160 on my analysis of the game and on top of that I've realized that I'm not really even providing all that much ore content with it so I've decided to drop it, unless people still want me to complete it. Anyways I'm going to just read through the game without making a comment on every post with content and instead just post my general thoughts of the game. But anyways here is the analysis that I was working on:

post 92: Points out to adumbrodeus that he was just joking when he said that it pained him to vote for adumbrodeus (as I thought). Also points out that adumbrodeus is begging the question and that he didn't like how adumbrodeus reacted to his post. I'm not really currently picking up too much of a scum read from adumbrodeus at this point.

Post 93: Hm, okay, adumbrodeus states that he doesn't see the difference between the scumminess of taking a soft stance, or hard stance, against the RVS. I think I understand the difference between hard and soft stances now, in which case I have to disagree with him. I don't even think that Guus was really taking a stance against the RVS to begin with, but if adumbrodeus really thought that Guus was taking a stance against the RVS then I think he would also recognize the difference between a soft stance against the RVS (just stating that you like it) and a hard stance against the RVS (speaking out against its use). Also accuses Frozen of posting fluff. I find that a bit of a weird accusation, as Frozen was just defending himself against adumbrodeus' earlier argument against him.

Vult continues to fail to recognize why people are angry at him for editing and continues to have to be told by others why.

Post 97: Vult makes a semi-decent point that one can take votes cast at him later in the game and use them to gain reads on people for the reasons that they voted for vult.

post 98: SM accuses Vult of changing his vote to counter pressure on him. Yeah, that is kinda weird now that he mentions it.

post 102: annnnd adumbrodeus makes a counter-point towards Vults post 97 point. He states that, if vult's town, then his gambit is deducting from scumhunting now. I do think that what he is doing now could be good for future reference, but I also agree that it's probably detrimental to disscussion now. I do think now that the cost outweighs the benefits, as we don't know how reliable future reads of Vult will be.

post 103: Vult defends against the accusation made against that he changed his vote because of pressure against him. He finally explains that the vote against Frozen was because he was his neighbor. . . okay, now that's interesting. I would really like to see what he means by this.

post 105: Rei makes a RVS like post late. Err. . . k whatever.

Later people point out that Rei jumping on Vult's wagon is scummy. It's a bad move for sure, and it does make me more suspicious of him, but he did state that he's new to mafia, so. . .

Eh but at the same time I know he might by lying, so I'll have to keep a lookout of him. fos Rei

post 109: Okay Vult counter points adumbrodeus counter point in post 102. He states that he is forcing everyone who votes for him to talk about it. I guess that's true, but I kinda now thinking that it might not be really even possible to tell who's scum from what they say (since it would be easy enough to just come up with a half-***** reson why they are voting the way they are) but I guess we could still see later.

post 110: Explains that Frozen said something scummy within his quicktopic. Okay, I'm glad he's explaining this now, it's definitly making me less suspicious of him. I don't really even blame him for explaining himself so late, I can see that he might of been catious about revealing information about neighbors (not wanting to give mafia information about it). So I'll guess I will unvote for now and leave a fos on Vult for now.

post 111: Rei defends his vote on Vult and asks some basic RVS stuff. This post seems a lot more newbish then scummish to me. Also to answer your question we should always to be active, as nothing is accompished when you're passive.

@Rei: How much experiance do you have playing mafia?

Later on Rei points out that he was ninja'd by Guus. I can see he was, so I'll remove my fos on him for now.

post 117: SM saids that he felt it was Rei reason for voting vult that made him look scummy. Rei later states that his vote on Vult was because of his edit. Right now I'm not feeling Rei too much.

post 120: Vult states that, now that he has cleared up the ambiguty, he has more information from the gambit he used. I hope that he'll be so kind to share with us it.

post 131: Adumbrodeus making more points here. Pretty much the same stuff about Vult wasting time, which I for the most part agree with, and then two arguments against Rei and Guus. Although I can understand people going after Rei, I kinda wish now people would drop that argument against Guus, as I don't feel it's really going to go anywhere.

A lot of the upcoming stuff is just spreading more pressure on Rei, who I'm feeling more as a newbie town then scum, so unless something particular catches my eye, I'm going to just ignore it.

Also something I notice that's odd is that in post 136 and onwards adumbrodeus scoulds Vult believing that Vult claimed mason. Vult tells him that he is not a mason and just is Frozen's neighborhood. Adumbrodeus, though, continues to pressure Vult about it. If he believed Vult was a mason, then why would he even waste time disscussing it? That's kinda hypricitical for someone who speaks out so much about usless disscusion.

post 143: Okay, now I'm curious. Adumbrodeus looked up "neighborhood" on mafia wiki when Vult never mentioned anything about a neighborhood, but just said that he was "neighbors" with Frozen. Vult points this out in the next post. Okay, why would he look up "neighborhood" then? I'm guessing that neighbors communicate within neighborhoods? If so, then that would imply that adumbrodeus already knew what neighbors were was since he looked up the releated term, but not the term that was actually said. I think this could of been a slip on his part.

post 147: Frozen makes more of a case against Adumbrodeus. I'm not concearned by that, but the fact that he confirms vult is his neighbor. That's definitly good to know.

post 157: Yes, it's definitly too early to lynch now. Gheb starts to join in on making arguments against Adumbrodeus. They are reasonably convincing, I don't agree with him pushing for Adumbrodeu lynch early, but I'm not going to hold it against him.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
@Rei: How much experiance do you have playing mafia?
i've currently played 2 full games of mafia in the premium room

i opted on 1 game due to finals

so that will be 3 games if including that opted out one

i am currently playing another game in the premium room

and this is my first game in dgames

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
You usually start taking a stance on your own. It's not like you've ever been not vocal about your suspects.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'm back at work now.

If anyone has any questions in particular for me... let me know. Otherwise, I might miss 'em. I have a lot of re-reading to do.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I'd actually like to hear opinions on Meta-Kirby and blue Yoshi as well. These guys haven't done shit all game.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Hey guys, I'm not going to able to give my full attention to this game, so I have requested a replacement. I think that would be in everyone's best interest.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Gustave, what are your top 3 scum reads and why(including notable posts)? If you had to pick between all the people with 2 votes on them, who would you pick? (gheb, vult, sworddancer and adumbrodeus)
What are your thoughts on the 3 people currently voting you?

Finally, if you don't mind me asking, why are you replacing out?

Gheb, are you tossing me amongst the 'people who haven't done anything all game'? if so :(

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
I also see you viewing this thread so if you leave without answering I will completely hold it against whoever replaces in.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Overswarm, what do you think of Summoner?
Completely reactionary. All of his posts have been worthless as far as giving the rest of us information; he merely siphons information out of others rather than contributing his own.

Also:

Summoner said:
I also see you viewing this thread so if you leave without answering I will completely hold it against whoever replaces in.
He's stupid. >_>

Gustave has been his main focus of conversation for a long time now (search his posts in this thread), which is of interest to me because Gustave hasn't really... done anything. He's been more active than others (Blue Yoshi and Meta-Kirby).

Overswarm

is laughing at you
by the by:

Code:
Sephiroths Masamune  70 
Vult Redux  48 
Overswarm  41 
adumbrodeus  35 
Gustave  26 
Gheb_01  22 
-Rei-  18 
Dark_Ermac  16 
SummonerAU  13 
frozenflame751  13 
Xonar  9 
Sworddancer.  6 
KevinM  6 
(。◕‿‿◕。)  6 
Meta-Kirby  5 
Blue Yoshi  5 
Marshy  4

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
The 3 people currently voting me;

SummonerAU: Voting me for coasting/not adding anything. It's a vote I can understand, I haven't given this game my full attention

Vult: Calling me on fence-sitting, kind of the same as the above

Xonar: Played games with me before, has his own opinion on my style and wants to convince you all of his one opinion.

At first, I didn't think of Adumbrodeus as suspicious at all, but after rereading the last part of today, something caught my eye.
Gheb is just more of a concern right now, if he doesn't give some reasonable material, I'm tossing him into my "very scummy, for future lynch" category and moving on to Rei, definitely by the end of the day.

After that, Rei is up next, then I go for inactives.
1. Making a list of who to lynch in order seems very nice, but really stupid. You don't know who mafia is going to kill.
2. Your ideal lynches would be 2 gone (Gheb and then Rei), 2 from the nightkills (ASSUMING ONE FACTION, AND NO KILLING YOUR SUSPECTS), which leaves us at 11 players. May seem like we have still have lots of room to play by lynching inactives, but seriously, don't underestimate how quick a game can go after 2 lynches. I think it's too late to lynch inactives after 2 nights.

Also, it shook me as odd to vote me for asking a question about people's stance on RVS. Even if it was my own opinion, it would not warrant a vote at all. sounds like you love to keep a tradition going.

Next is Overswarm. He asks some very reveiling questions and sounds like fishing to me.
Vurt / Frozen Flame

1. You two are now confirmed neighbors. Don't give names or numbers, but are there MORE in your neighborhood or are you alone?

2. Vurt, why did you announce FFlame was a Neighbor?

3. Vurt, why did you put suspicion on FFlame so early on? Paraphrase discussions in the neighborhood if need be, but I'm more concerned with your overall intentions than the steps leading to them at the moment.

4. Flame, why do you think Vurt brought suspicion on you before your first post?
I don't see how question 1 would be of use to town. You say it's to recognize buddying. You just want to know who could have connections with who, right?

However, Vult
(on question one)
Why do you need to know this?
He explained that in a response to frozen before, do you need him to explain it again?
(on question three)
Not disclosing until I have a chance to consult in private.
Why is there information that you do not want to share with other townies? I know scum can see what you post, but that could just as well be the case in your private neighbourhood. Keeping information private is NOT the way to go.

Also, Since Vult/Frozen are potentially neighbors, I believe that it's of the opposing sides variety, and Vult is attempting to off Frozen, who's on the other team.

His not posting the reason for his vote was initially because he was the only one to be able to understand his reasons, and his attempting to explain them would've outed him as a neighbor anyway.

Now, the only thing left to do is determine which of these two is on the mafia side.
I don't get it.
First, you're assuming they are the only two people who can communicate with each other, while I do believe a neighbourhood can easily exist of more than two people. Calling out that one of them is scum therefor is not a good idea. Gives a scum that could be in their neighbourhood feel relatively safe.

Quick inbetween answering a question I didn't see answer;
Gustave, what do you think of the statement 'Town members are more likely to ask why they are seen as scummy and scum members are more likely to ignore people's suspicions in fear of slipping'?
I only half support the statement. I think townies do ask the question, but only if the vote is completely void of any reasoning. If there is reasoning, they will try to refute that reasoning.
Scum on the other hand wants to know exactly what they did wrong, so they won't repeat their fault. Learn from their mistakes. AFTER that, they will defend themselves.

And then I landed here.
My top 3 suspects, I can't say, I do have two in particular. After rethinking how Adumbrodeus has been playing today, I start to find his play less townish. Second is Blue Yoshi, purely for not having seen ANYTHING from him since I started reading (bout page 17?). A bit hypocrit? Yes. Warranted? Yes.

I find Xonar hasn't done an awful lot either, just asking for votes on me because of his meta.
@Xonar, got any other suspects that you actually have something tangible against?

Read you post Summoner, it's nice of you to hold my actions against my replacement, you do that. I'm getting a bit annoyed though that people pull that stupid "current activities" argument out there. This is like the 3rd time I see it. I don't want to have to turn it off for this game because I'm being questioned about it.

Dinner time, I'm out.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Oh, forgot your questions of who of the 4 I would want to lynch?

I don't think I want to lynch anyone of them, though I'd go for Adumbrodeus, because he's the only one I could actually find something against.

I'm replacing out because I can't bring myself to actively participating in this game. I find it hard to sit down and read it all, it's really something with this game.
Other than that, I don't have all the time of the world for it, it's a busy time for me. I think I took too many games at once on my part (I'm currently in 2 other ones)

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
no no, I just wanted to see if you'd ignore it or not ;P

I don't think any townie would leave a game and give their replacement something like that.

Unvote: Gustave

That's all I was staying up for. I appreciate the effort you put in even when you're replacing out soon. Also, I was more thinking that your few posts back a few pages about "not supporting a lynch atm" was just you trying to hinder discussion on certain individuals/avoid talking about them.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
you said:
Next is Overswarm. He asks some very reveiling questions and sounds like fishing to me.
>:[

you in the same post said:
Keeping information private is NOT the way to go.
This cloak and dagger stuff only brings about false accusations and unnecessary suspicions. We have to be careful on what we reveal, but some information being revealed can only catch scum... while not endangering town.

Revealing information about roles, special powers, etc., = bad

This makes you a mafia target as well as a town target. There's a time and place for this kind of stuff, and it's never when you aren't under pressure at the beginning of the game. We now know, as does mafia, that there is at least one neighborhood.

Bad that comes with this: We now know that Frozen Flame and Vult are connected, but their alignments aren't given to each other. They can talk without us seeing and we're all in the dark.

Good that comes with this: It is unlikely that scum would claim something like a neighborhood without knowing a neighborhood existed. Since a neighborhood was claimed, we can assume that either

A) Vult is scum, since he claimed it, and is using this to put suspicion elsewhere (or to take it off of him if FFlame flips town, perhaps)
B) Vult is town, and made a poor play because he misread something (that we can't read)
C) Vult and FFlame are both scum, and one of them is in a neighborhood and let the other know, and there was a claim

are the most likely scenarios.

Here's another revealing question:

Is anyone in this game in a neighborhood with flame, but NOT with Vult (or with Vult, but not with flame)?

If someone says "yes" to that, it increases the odds that Vult is scum.

If there's more than two people in his neighborhood, it's more likely that there is at least one scum among them. If there's more than one neighborhood, it's increasingly likely that there is a scum member in one of the neighborhoods.

This is the only "tangible" information we currently have. Everything else is meta and people posting fluff.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Reasoning for not having enough time to read all the posts (I read about half the posts a while back):

Thursday, I worked until 10, then went to bed right after.

Friday, I had to work, then went to a LAN party after (well... more like arrived late and hung out at a friend's place until 4am).

Saturday I had work until 7:30, then spent time with my family.

Sunday, I had work until 6:30... but was so exhausted I fell asleep as soon as I got home.

Now I just woke up... quite literally.

So... yeah... Saturday I was able to read about 10 pages, but then had to go to bed since I started work Sunday.

So... yeah... I will read all the posts, and I will be useful this game. I just haven't had the time at all.

Sorry guys :(

Between Monday (today), Tuesday, and Wednesday, I have two days off (I work either Tuesday or Wednesday, don't know which), so basically by Thursday evening at the latest, I should have read everything. If not, then I don't blame you guys for wanting to lynch me for inactivity.

Once again, sorry guys :(

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Reasoning for not having enough time to read all the posts (I read about half the posts a while back):

Thursday, I worked until 10, then went to bed right after.

Friday, I had to work, then went to a LAN party after (well... more like arrived late and hung out at a friend's place until 4am).

Saturday I had work until 7:30, then spent time with my family.

Sunday, I had work until 6:30... but was so exhausted I fell asleep as soon as I got home.

Now I just woke up... quite literally.

So... yeah... Saturday I was able to read about 10 pages, but then had to go to bed since I started work Sunday.

So... yeah... I will read all the posts, and I will be useful this game. I just haven't had the time at all.

Sorry guys :(

Between Monday (today), Tuesday, and Wednesday, I have two days off (I work either Tuesday or Wednesday, don't know which), so basically by Thursday evening at the latest, I should have read everything. If not, then I don't blame you guys for wanting to lynch me for inactivity.

Once again, sorry guys :(
Can;'t you do something now, then?

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Just something I'm throwing out there.
Let's assume that there is a scummer in a neighboorhood, this means that he probably would've told his scummates about the phenomenon.
If we assume Adum is scum, we can assume that he knows of the neighboorhoods. He initially responded surprised about there being neighboorhoods. If I was scum, and I bet most of you will agree with me, I would not respond in that way as to avoid too much spotlight. Now, not being in a neighboorhood isn't especially scummy, as there are probably multiple ones if the game is true to the flavor. So, I'm to lazy to figure out the pros/cons, but I'm saying he's town according to this atm. The natural response to something you already know in mafia is not to respond surprised, especially not as scum. I don't think if Adum thought it through this far if he was scum, I can't really meta him on that >_>
/thoughts.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Adumbrodeus is intelligent, but not yet refined in the ways of mafia.

Every good town player lies and omits information in an attempt to illicit certain responses. Some town players, myself included, will sometimes deliberately post bad ideas or statements to see someone's reaction. It is unlikely adumbrodeus would do this; it's not his style. He's more logic traps than anything else, from what I've seen. Mafia left him alive all game in the BBR because of this, and adumbrodeus managed to call all three mafia, but had several bad reads early game due to poor play by other townies. This brought adumbrodeus into the spotlight. I'd imagine the game will be similar here if he's town.

I'm still unsure how to differentiate between bad play and scum in this game without metaing someone.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Your going after him because he's not in a neighborhood...

Bring more evidence if you want to hold a case on someone. You have been next to useless the whole game, try to find concrete evidence before you try to contribute again.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Gameplay-based question I'd like everyone to answer:

Assuming there was 3 hours left in the Day and there was no guaranteed lynch candidate, would you rather

A) lynch an inactive that hasn't been posting much, if at all

or

B) lynch someone who has a slight case against them

Personally, I always lean towards A on D1 and B on D2 and beyond.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I decided to re-read from the start again (since I somewhat forgot what I read the first time around). I am currently on post 81.

I was going to wait until I read everything before I posted, but Vult Redux has jumped out as scummy to me. So... instead of posting when I have read everything, I'll post stuff when I see something scummy/major.

In this case, Vult Redux has come up scummy twice so far to me. First time when he said he had reasons for voting FF but did not say why (he may have explained later... yet to get that far). I was going to ignore this, but he comes up a second time. Now (well... post 81), he edits his post (the bottom has "last edited by Vult Redux"). It could be nothing too important... but... well, first of all, we are not allowed to edit our posts, and second, the only real reason why someone would edit their own posts (in my opinion) was if they made a major scum slip and wanted to edit it.

So yeah... summary of this post (my post, #358 if I don't get ninja'd), up to post # 81, I see Vult Redux as scummy for not explaining himself when voting someone "seriously", and for editing his own post.

I know these have probably been discussed already, but I'm doing this for two reasons, one to let you guys know my thoughts on stuff, two to recap you guys on what I think have been scummy things to take note of, and three to prove to you guys that I am actually reading this and not going through the infinite loop of saying "bah I'll just read this later".

Well, time to go back to the kitchen... I mean, back to re-reading :p

Top Bottom