• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Code Geass Mafia: OVAH

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
You usually start taking a stance on your own. It's not like you've ever been not vocal about your suspects.

:059:
Yeah but it would make me feel special darling.

Also Sworddancer I mean you didn't take any real hard stances in your PBPA, you just kinda gave slight reasons why the poster might have said that etc.

You didn't grill anything about the suspects you had presented instead you just gave us this giant unorganized vanilla analysis with a look I'm doing stuff attitude and that was that.

It's psuedo scumhunting.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I'm back at work now.

If anyone has any questions in particular for me... let me know. Otherwise, I might miss 'em. I have a lot of re-reading to do.
Ok I have one. from earlier.

Got second at my tournament :D

Still there, so no real posts til Sunday/Monday.

I feel like we've reached a standstill with a lot of investigations and it's coming down to tunneling-esque details for both sides, with the exception of Rei who hasn't been touched on much. Just about everyone has been ignoring Rei, including myself, except for Seph. Weird.
*Posting from PSP*

Weird as in me applying pressure, or weird that everyone is ignoring him?

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I don't want to make this a DBZ mafia and almost get modkilled, but seriously Seph, you're an idiot.
Most of your post have been half ***ed or parroting off of other players, I have yet to see any real contribution.

Your last post was all an assumption with no base for evidence, that was where I was getting at.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I was ninja'd by Overswarm's question, so might as well answer it. I haven't read the recent posts, so I don't know if it has anything to do with recent events or not (other than me knowing that I've been fairly inactive due to being busy... but I'm not too busy now lol).

Depending on how big the case is on someone, and how useful/often the inactive person is.

If I were playing this game (not as myself... as in I'm someone else in this game), before my post #360, if there were 3 hours left, I would have lynched myself (well... I, as not Blue Yoshi, would have lynched Blue Yoshi). I'm assuming I was the "barely posting, if at all" person.

I'm using myself as an example, since... well, I know how inactive I've been, and don't know how inactive others have been.

So... basically, I'd lynch the inactive person, all depending on how inactive and how big the case (small I'm assuming is something that is slightly scummy but could also be a null-tell).

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Most of your post have been half ***ed or parroting off of other players, I have yet to see any real contribution.

Your last post was all an assumption with no base for evidence, that was where I was getting at.
Results in this:
Your going after him because he's not in a neighborhood...

Bring more evidence if you want to hold a case on someone. You have been next to useless the whole game, try to find concrete evidence before you try to contribute again.
You have a strange way of getting at things.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Gameplay-based question I'd like everyone to answer:

Assuming there was 3 hours left in the Day and there was no guaranteed lynch candidate, would you rather

A) lynch an inactive that hasn't been posting much, if at all

or

B) lynch someone who has a slight case against them
I would do A if there wasn't a big enough case to select B. But I would pick B if there was a big enough case. so it's all circumstantial.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
vote count

blue yoshi (1) - blue yoshi
adumbrodeus (2) - frozenflame751, gheb_01
sworddancer. (2) - -rei-, kevinm
gustave (2) - xonar, vult redux
gheb_01 (1) - sephiroths masamune
vult redux (2) - overswarm, sworddancer.
-rei- (1) - adumbrodeus

not voting (4) - meta-kirby, gustave, dark_ermac, summonerau

deadline is last second of 5/23 est
with 15 alive it takes 8 to lynch

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Weird as in me applying pressure, or weird that everyone is ignoring him?
Both. I can see Rei having a slight case, but not small enough for everyone to just ignore it. At the same time, you're zeroed in on Rei. It's weird.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Both. I can see Rei having a slight case, but not small enough for everyone to just ignore it. At the same time, you're zeroed in on Rei. It's weird.
I'm only giving it light so it doesn't fade completely away, I could comment on other cases, but right as of now I don't see much of one on anyone other than those who are inactive.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Well, I read to post 186, was going to finish the page and stop, but saw how long 187 was, so I'll stop at 186 for now. At the current moment, from what I've read so far, here's my suspect list:

1. Vult Redux

then: Rei, Adum

Didn't like Gheb's first few posts, but... well, from where I stopped, he only posted a few times, not enough for large suspicion yet... but I have a slight suspicion on him.

Well, I'll take a break from reading for now. I'll either finish later today, or Tuesday/Wednesday.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Unvote

For emphasis

Vote Vult Redux

He got himself in hot water, then went inactive for an extended period of time. I did the same thing in DBZ mafia like, a week ago. It's a pretty classic D1 manuever that I've never seen fail.

Sworddancer is my "inactive" pick, but I want to see Vult hop back in the discussion immediately, or my vote stays.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Lol you had your vote on him already.

Vult you have been inactive after the Incident I would like to see more activity from you as well.

Unrelated, what time zones are you guys, I'm rocky mountain time. This is so I can get a good analysis of when your on.

ATM it is 2:32

Overswarm

is laughing at you
EST. And it's 4:30, so I'm out of work and going home!

And yes, I know. It was just for emphasis :)

M.K

Level 55
@OS, I'm comin' off a week of exams and leading right into another. Cut me some slack plzzz.

Anyways, I'm completely fine with a Vult Redux lynch. He's definitely my prime suspect. The claim was completely out of place and hasn't sat with me very well at all. Anyone who's THAT eager to claim at that pressure level seems to have something to hide.
If we aren't going to go for that, Rockin's good too in my book. Gustave did not sit well with me AT ALL, and now this replace-out is sort of just...possibly a cop out?

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I keep going over Vult and I seriously just keep getting a read of "townie that made a really stupid mistake because he misinterpreted something I said in the neighborhood and did a really bad job at seeking clarification in the public forum." Obviously my account as biased here since I know what he said but like I still think the confused townie read is pretty easy to get from what he's done here.

I guess it isn't though seeing as how he's a pretty popular lynch atm.

I'm considering just posting what we said in the neighnorhood here in the thread because I really think this is a misguided lynch. As Gheb and I have said he's definitely the "easy target" of the day and what he's done just seriously isn't that scummy.

@ Overswarm, as far as your options go, and would always go with the lynch of a person who has a case related to them as long as a decent number of players have identifiable stances with regard to it. Getting flips that ARE CONNECTED TO REMAINING PLAYERS WITH IDENTIFIABLE STANCES is like, the most important thing in mafia, atleast as far as flips are concerned. Lynching a random inactive (or even if it isn't random) will typically not net you the type of informational gain that lynching someone who's had a case made on them and posed a defense will.

Lynching inactives last minute is basically just a backup plan in my book. I wouldn't do it unless there is like literally no well established case on anyone, or if there isn't enough voting power to lynch someone with a case and lynching the inactive is situationally better than a no lynch.

Sword dancer's post def. reeks of pseudo scumhunting as Kev said.

Still looking at sephiroth. The fact that he has like 70 posts but doesn't have incredibly well developed stances sorta bugs me.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
That's totally not what I'm getting at. Why are you trying to twist my words?

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm EST.

Just because a lot of people want someone lynched doesn't make them any more likely to be scum.

He made a dumb mistake. My personal analysis has led me to conclude it was a dumb townie mistake. Other people seem to be convinced that he made a scum slip. This is a very common scenario in mafia and figuring out which is true is a huge part of the game.

If people go back and really re-read the stuff in question that Vult said, I think you might understand where I'm coming from. If this wagon stays strong though I'll probably explain what happened in the neighborhood in greater detail so we can have some new discussion.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
That's totally not what I'm getting at. Why are you trying to twist my words?

You said that most of the people that are playing this are dumb, right after I said most of us think that VR should be lynched. I was just merely stating what I think you said. Please explain what you meant by that statement then.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Okay, first of all, I like people to please disregard both post No 345 and post No.346 from Gustave, mainly cause he was replacing out and yet decide to post his 'final opinion' before posting, thus not giving the replacee much of an opinion. =/

Second of all, I reread the thread from start to finish and I'm going to post my opinion on things right now

Third, Gheb and Meta Kirby are meanie heads. >:O

*ahem*

At the first few post, I couldn't make out what Vult was really saying. However, that uncertainly soon moved to him being scummy. I generally disliked how he has posted early game.

Nonono. My post 81 explains it, kind of. But to better explain: I voted him because he seemed to completely disregard a gambit. I'd expect a Town player to consider it or perhaps even look into it further [like Overswarm did when I meta'd me!]. Disregarding it entirely gave me the impression that it was Scum jumping on an easy wagon under the guise of "he's useless. period. off with his head."

Okay fine. Frozen is my Neighbor.
Him claiming didn't ease things at all. This puts Frozen and Vult at a bad spotlight, as many has said that neighbors are a nerfed masonary. Usually, I disregard any 'n00b card' whatsoever, cause I've seen several of those 'noobies' turn to maf. However, after futher post, I'm start to see that as a dumb mistake on his part, and as soon given me a slight town feel. People such as Seph and Adub putting such pressure on something stupid has further my disinterest of lynching Vult.

So far, I see a town read on Frozen. The only beef I see with both Vult and Frozen is the fact that Vult slipped with the neighbor thing and that isn't going to be enough to lynch either of them IMO. Seph and Adub's questions about their roles is useless IMO cause, no matter what, we can't deduct if either are town or mafia till further on in the game.

I don't understand why Adub (or anyone) thinks Gheb is scummy. Throughout all his posts, I'm seeing him as town.

Constant pressure on Frozen's and Vult's neighbor makes Adub look scummy, not to mention I don't see too much from him. I want to also say that useless play' isn't scummy. Town and Maf could evenly do this. Look at SSBF on Super Smash Bros. Mafia

Overswarm needs to stop activity policing, as it doesn't contribute to town's cause at all. In terms of activity, I don't expect people to be constantly active, but people. Aside from that, I don't see anything majorly bad about him.

Sephy is one of those people that needs to stop focusing on Vults and Frozen's role.

I'm talking about how he hasn't posted between RVS and now, yet there are others who haven't. I'm just saying that you said KevinM was a great mafia player, and him being inactive is just a little suspicious considering it's the end of the day. But that can be said about all of them.
Erm, okay? everyone has a life, just like everyone else. Also, it seems that a lot of people has been posting a lot of content, so I'm not too surprised that peeps like KevinM got left behind.

On that note of massive posting, I'd like to see Dark_Ermac, Xonar, and Blue Yoshi to post more. They've kinda been left behind and I'm interested to hear what they have to say.

Vult & Frozen both mafia: neighborhood faked
Vult mafia: less likely now, after rereading and finding the explanation.
Frozen mafia: Possible, frozen has been here a long time, so has had time to improve his mafia skills. If he's mafia, he's doing good enough to convince Vult at least.
Neither mafia: Potentially all-town neighborhood, potentially 3+ neighborhood with at least 1 mafia, unless the GM is sadistic enough to purposely orchestrate an implosion of an all-town neighborhood as those involved attempt to uncover their "traitor".
In my opinion, I wouldn't want to vote either of them today unless something really bleeds through.
"Derp, I'm going to deduct the possibility that either or both are mafia. However, I will note vote cause I want to cover my ***."

Rei is the most bothersome IMO. Not only some of his post looked like he skimmed, but that same post completely contradicts with his post no. 285 Not to mention he doesn't do a good job adding pressure to those he feel so. So far, I'm fine with going with either Adub and Rei

vote: Rei

Got some questions for some of you.

Xonar, Dark, Summoner, Blue Yoshi - as soon as you guys catch up with the game, who do feel is scum/suspicious?

Meta Kirby/Gheb - Why do you two feel the need to rid of me? I can't help but feel Gheb's was just a joke, but I gotta make sure :p

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
@Rockin, Because I didn't like Gustave.
Nothing against you, but Gustave bothered me.
Err...kay, so you wanted me to go based on his play?

also, I forgot to add that the reason why Rei's post were contradict were because Vult claimed before Rei's real game post, thus of him skimming royally and jumping on a possible bandwagon.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
i'm pst

from what i've seen is that sworddancer's post seems like to be a quick summarization of all the posts with some of his thoughts to be sprinkled on to make it seem as he's scum hunting

i want to hear more than just his thoughts but also want to see details he is picking up such as a condradictory statement or something of the like

i'm sorta confused on vr and ff since both have claimed they are in the same neighborhood but has no conditions to winning

vr states that they are allowed to converse among each other but why just these two? unless there is more members in their neighborhood.

maybe the other members won't reveal themselves since they have a specific goal in mind but has no winning condition making them want to stay in the shadows

i also believe that he should tell us the specifics of his neighborhood since more information would help town.

since he can't tell us. i deduce that the neighborhood might be related either being for or against the mafia which has some rule that doesn't let them win.

there has to be a purpose to this group, since i doubt they can just talk at night.

unless both are scum and are using the word neighborhood as code for mafia but that wouldn't be smart at all

since he did mention that they do not know each other's role using the wiki page which makes it a large possibility that one, both, or neither is scum.

my fos on gustave was mostly since he rarely added anything to the town

but his last post he gave a lot of insight which made him less scummy

i still have to consider his posts since he did make some posts i irked at

mostly not wanting to use his fos to help pressure, so he was told to use his vote, which he agreed was stronger. only he didn't

not until the end he told us his candidate which was adumb

i don't know why he held back for so long but it bothered me a little also

i believe that his final posts should still be taken into consideration

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
also, I forgot to add that the reason why Rei's post were contradict were because Vult claimed before Rei's real game post, thus of him skimming royally and jumping on a possible bandwagon.
i don't understand how does a claim before my post make me be contradictory?

it would make sense if he claimed afterwards but not before

and yes i did read every single post

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
also i forgot to add my input on the bandwagon

no i was not bandwagoning

since he made a claim to be in a neighborhood with another member

at first you want to know if it was true

that member did agree to the claim which made it more suspicious

also when i made the vote, gustave made the vote at the same exact time

making me get ninja'd

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Sephy is one of those people that needs to stop focusing on Vults and Frozen's role.
Why, they both have means of communicating and we aren’t entirely sure if either are mafia, they could be both be mafia and just covering each other’s bases. But this is all speculation, I will give it less thought if needs be, but it is still a possibility.

Also, I forgot to do this earlier,

Unvote

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
That example shows that he was reading the thread, he never gave satisfactory responses to the charges against him. That's what I meant by "not in the fact that you're reading".

If he wants to give a complete summery of his opinions on everyone's play, that's fine, but he needs to post a defense too.
Oh, I see!

ok. i just wanted to know the purpose of the neighborhoods. you mentioned that you have no win conditions but what are you allowed to talk about at night?
I have my own individual win condition. Just like Frozen does and any Neighbor would. the Neighbor doesn't make the win condition. It's just an extra "ability", if you will.

He explained that in a response to frozen before, do you need him to explain it again?
I must've missed it...

Why is there information that you do not want to share with other townies? I know scum can see what you post, but that could just as well be the case in your private neighbourhood. Keeping information private is NOT the way to go.
Of course keeping information private can be useful! We aren't all claiming role in our first posts. If we decide it's worthwhile for the Town to know, then we'll disclose it. Just like any role claim.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
i don't understand how does a claim before my post make me be contradictory?

it would make sense if he claimed afterwards but not before

and yes i did read every single post
I'll explain

Nonono. My post 81 explains it, kind of. But to better explain: I voted him because he seemed to completely disregard a gambit. I'd expect a Town player to consider it or perhaps even look into it further [like Overswarm did when I meta'd me!]. Disregarding it entirely gave me the impression that it was Scum jumping on an easy wagon under the guise of "he's useless. period. off with his head."

Okay fine. Frozen is my Neighbor.
This was from Post No. 103

i'm here now

from what i see is that vult redux edited his post

i'm sorta new in dgames also

so i want to ask what is your experience in mafia?

vote: vult redux
Post no. 105. As you can see, you skimmed a lot of post and went straight for the easy target, showing your only base was Vult changing his post (to which meant you skipped over the claim at that moment). Even when you post, you didn't immediatly unvoted, to which I'm sure you saw the claim. You say you have a 'gun ho' style of play and you use your votes to pressure others. However, I didn't see no pressure or any of the sort to your vote, to which makes be believe you was bandwagoning.

this was done on notepad while i read:

okay from what i see is vr claimed some sort of masonry and voted for one of his neighbors.
In this bold spot, you clarify that you saw him claim 'some sort of masonary,' but you didn't retract the vote at all from that moment. This is why I feel it's contradicting.

well i use my vote as pressure to find more information

since i want more of the inactive players and know more about them

unvote; vote: sworddancer

well there is also the possibility of finding contradictions in a person's statement which can lead to a slip or more information to be drawn out
I don't understand on how you vote for someone so as to 'pressure and find information' when you don't even ask a question to that said person you vote for.

Why, they both have means of communicating and we aren’t entirely sure if either are mafia, they could be both be mafia and just covering each other’s bases. But this is all speculation, I will give it less thought if needs be, but it is still a possibility.
Thats the thing: Your basing your reasons that one/both are mafia because of their ROLES, not because either of them have done something scummy. Instead of beating up something that is obvious, bring something about them that is actually scummy. Neighbor roles are not 100% scummy.

Top Bottom