• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Code Geass Mafia: OVAH

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
vote count

blue yoshi (1) - blue yoshi
adumbrodeus (2) - frozenflame751, gheb_01
sworddancer. (2) - -rei-, kevinm
gustave (2) - xonar, vult redux
gheb_01 (1) - sephiroths masamune
vult redux (2) - overswarm, sworddancer.
-rei- (2) - adumbrodeus, rockin

not voting (3) - meta-kirby, dark_ermac, summonerau

deadline is last second of 5/23 est
with 15 alive it takes 8 to lynch

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
i'm sorta confused on vr and ff since both have claimed they are in the same neighborhood but has no conditions to winning

vr states that they are allowed to converse among each other but why just these two? unless there is more members in their neighborhood.

maybe the other members won't reveal themselves since they have a specific goal in mind but has no winning condition making them want to stay in the shadows

i also believe that he should tell us the specifics of his neighborhood since more information would help town.

since he can't tell us. i deduce that the neighborhood might be related either being for or against the mafia which has some rule that doesn't let them win.

there has to be a purpose to this group, since i doubt they can just talk at night.
We have win conditions. They're not exclusive to the Neighborhood.

Why would more information help the Town? If I claimed my role right here and now, that would give the Town information, but it wouldn't help the Town nearly as much as it would the Scum. There's no reason to. Stop fishing.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Neighborhood does not dictate win conditions.

I don't know what's so hard to understand about it.
No no, I talking about the win condition you just said right there (the fact that you and FF have one, I mean).

But meh, whatever. I just found it really odd you randomly said that. You should really think before posting -_-;;

Rei - would it matter if it's just them conversing?

anyway, who do you feel is scum and why? (this is still directed at Rei)

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Thats the thing: Your basing your reasons that one/both are mafia because of their ROLES, not because either of them have done something scummy. Instead of beating up something that is obvious, bring something about them that is actually scummy. Neighbor roles are not 100% scummy.
I didn't say "they are scum lets take them down now!" I'm just saying it's a possibility.

I guess the mod didn't see my unvote, so here it is again.

Unvote

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
The neighborhood does not add to any win conditions its members might have. This is common to neighborhoods as a general rule.

I think that was what Vult was trying to say; that he has a win condition and that the neighborhood has no bearing on what it is.

I'll admit that the "I have an individual win condition" language sounds really bad though. Possible independent slip but based on the way Vult has chosen to express himself throughout the game I still think its just more dumb town choice.

The reason why I don't want to reveal if there are any more people in the neighborhood and who they are if there are anyway is because knowledge of the composition of the neighborhood, as of right now, is still partially exclusive. If there are scum in the neighborhood as it stands, then they already know all there is to know about the neighborhood. If there aren't any scum, then potential people in the neighborhood who have not been named are only known to be in it by me and Vult. I'm expecting different dynamics with respect to how the neighborhood plays out depending on whether or not scum are in the neighborhood to be begin with. If the scum know everyone who is in it, for sure, regardless of whether or not they are already in it (i.e. if we revealed everything to the public) then my entire theory falls to pieces.

This is what I was talking about when I said there are a lot of things that go in to calculating when it is prudent to fully disclose that type of information and when it is not. As of right now I think my idea is salvageable and it will take at least one night to see if it has any merit, which is why I'm against having to disclose full details about the neighborhood prior to the end of day 1.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
I don't think I'm going to get any info/ support on Rei until he posts again, This does not mean I change my mind about him.

Gheb, You tried to push for a quick lynch on D1 and before everyone had a chance to post.

Unvote,

Vote: Gheb

I would like to hear from you concerning this.
Have your views changed about Rei or did you just forget about it a little bit? Do you find gheb more suspicious than Rei at the present time or do you have a specific reason for keeping your vote on Gheb? Right now, there's support for a Rei lynch so are you going to change your vote back?
Overswarm said:
Seph, could you outline your case in detail for us?
I'd also like to know if there's any reason you didn't reply to this

Overswarm, what do you think of the large gap between Rei's #142 and his #273? If I've read it correctly, he's lost most of the votes against him. Would you consider this similar to the classic D1 play you brought up in one of your recent posts or do you think it's just an odd coincidence?

Frozen, I was about to start a "some people who said Rei was sus now aren't following up on it imo" but I read you were looking into links between Rei and people who were saying stuff about him, I thought I'd remind you because I got too frustrated with the amount of tabs I have open right now and decided to just leave it here at the moment(I'll jump into it again later on today). Would you agree that some of the people who said Rei would be looked into more are now not doing much about it and have instead changed the focus?

Apologies in advance if this post seems muddled, it's because I'm at uni and have my mind on other things as well.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
@SAU (Is that ok if I call you that for short?) No my views have not changed, at the time of the post, I was trying to pressure Gheb but I do feel the same way about Rei.

Atm I'm at the school, I have some what of a case on Rei at home.

It's obviously just a move of drawing off suspicion, he thought if he was on the bandwagon, he wouldn't have to post and people would get off his back for not posting. But when I called him on it he quickly changed his vote thinking it would undo the action he just made. This is a scummy move, if you don't think it is your either blind, or trying to save him.

Most of the other players either think it was either a useless or scummy move, why don't you?
This was shortly after OS posted that, I thought this was enough to satisfy him atm.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
hmm, I must have missed that particular post Seph.

To others, what do you think of Seph's vote of Rei once he was asked about it? Rei had been mentioned in recent posts and that he just Unvoted instead of changing to Rei straight away. Do you think it's just seph being forgetful or a slip?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Reading VR's post is like maddening because of how stupid he chooses to phrase things.

Still think Sword Dancer is the way to go on this one.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
You said that most of the people that are playing this are dumb, right after I said most of us think that VR should be lynched. I was just merely stating what I think you said. Please explain what you meant by that statement then.
First of all, I never called anybody "dumb". I don't mean to insult people when I say somebody is "bad" at this game. It simply means that some people's argumentation skills and - most of all - their scumhunting is still unrefined. Which is only natural since it's many people's 2ndor 3rd game on SWF. But that also means that their scumtells are pretty weak in general and therefore most of them openly suspecting VR doesn't mean anything to me. I still think he's town.

Meta Kirby/Gheb - Why do you two feel the need to rid of me? I can't help but feel Gheb's was just a joke, but I gotta make sure :p
Yeah, it was a joke. You know, somehow I'm always after you in almost every mafia game we played. It's tradition.

Plenty of better lynches though.

@SAU (Is that ok if I call you that for short?) No my views have not changed, at the time of the post, I was trying to pressure Gheb but I do feel the same way about Rei.
No offense but a single vote of you with weakish reasons doesn't put any pressure on me. I think you're town though so you should just proxy your vote on me then we can win this together.

Still think Sword Dancer is the way to go on this one.
Right now I'd say Sworddancer, Meta-Kirby, Blue Yoshi are good plays followed by Xonar and Ermac. Adum's probably just way off with his scumhunting.

Unvote
Vote Blue Yoshi

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Man, that's actually a pretty huge lynchpool. Not liking that. Step your games up, guys!

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Okay yeah it's definitely true that I haven't done much in this game, and all cases that I have presented were pretty week. I accept all blame for that. I'm finding it kinda hard to keep up with this game. I'll try to have a real case up by this afternoon. I might replace out if I find that I'm really not getting anywhere in this game.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Overswarm, what do you think of the large gap between Rei's #142 and his #273? If I've read it correctly, he's lost most of the votes against him. Would you consider this similar to the classic D1 play you brought up in one of your recent posts or do you think it's just an odd coincidence?
The most common thing I've seen in mafia games is for a mafia member to go inactive after pressure gets put on them early game. They always survive. Always.

So, it's quite possible. If you look at Rei's, or Vult's, post history and they were posting elsewhere but not here during that time... they get plus a dozen scum points in my book.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Rei posted elsewhere during the gap I mentioned.

I can also see that it's possible, do you think it's scummy or not?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
FoS: Rei

Rei, could you explain why you left when the heat was on you but were fine posting elsewhere?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Okay yeah it's definitely true that I haven't done much in this game, and all cases that I have presented were pretty week. I accept all blame for that. I'm finding it kinda hard to keep up with this game. I'll try to have a real case up by this afternoon. I might replace out if I find that I'm really not getting anywhere in this game.
Nice AtE and glad that you have no interest in the game thanks for taking the spot from someone that would.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Just something I'm throwing out there.
Let's assume that there is a scummer in a neighboorhood, this means that he probably would've told his scummates about the phenomenon.
If we assume Adum is scum, we can assume that he knows of the neighboorhoods. He initially responded surprised about there being neighboorhoods. If I was scum, and I bet most of you will agree with me, I would not respond in that way as to avoid too much spotlight. Now, not being in a neighboorhood isn't especially scummy, as there are probably multiple ones if the game is true to the flavor. So, I'm to lazy to figure out the pros/cons, but I'm saying he's town according to this atm. The natural response to something you already know in mafia is not to respond surprised, especially not as scum. I don't think if Adum thought it through this far if he was scum, I can't really meta him on that >_>
/thoughts.
Don't assume I'm not in a neighborhood, however I'm not gonna claim either way until there's a good reason to.

If I was chastizing Vult for the mistake of making a claim far too early, why in God's good name would I make the same mistake?

Gameplay-based question I'd like everyone to answer:

Assuming there was 3 hours left in the Day and there was no guaranteed lynch candidate, would you rather

A) lynch an inactive that hasn't been posting much, if at all

or

B) lynch someone who has a slight case against them

Personally, I always lean towards A on D1 and B on D2 and beyond.
You should already know this from my play, A.

Him claiming didn't ease things at all. This puts Frozen and Vult at a bad spotlight, as many has said that neighbors are a nerfed masonary. Usually, I disregard any 'n00b card' whatsoever, cause I've seen several of those 'noobies' turn to maf. However, after futher post, I'm start to see that as a dumb mistake on his part, and as soon given me a slight town feel. People such as Seph and Adub putting such pressure on something stupid has further my disinterest of lynching Vult.

So far, I see a town read on Frozen. The only beef I see with both Vult and Frozen is the fact that Vult slipped with the neighbor thing and that isn't going to be enough to lynch either of them IMO. Seph and Adub's questions about their roles is useless IMO cause, no matter what, we can't deduct if either are town or mafia till further on in the game.

I don't understand why Adub (or anyone) thinks Gheb is scummy. Throughout all his posts, I'm seeing him as town.

Constant pressure on Frozen's and Vult's neighbor makes Adub look scummy, not to mention I don't see too much from him. I want to also say that useless play' isn't scummy. Town and Maf could evenly do this. Look at SSBF on Super Smash Bros. Mafia
As you might have noticed, I hate useless town, I'd said that multiple times, bad town makes it easy to disguise scum and takes away from scumhunting. I've been following DBZ mafia and halfway feel that SSBF should universally be the day one lynch whenever he's in a game.

Gheb I disliked because he targeted me for what seemed to be almost no reason and the quicklynch thing, but was actually my stance against useless town, which at this point seems to be a philosophical disagreement then anything else.

I'm not particularly suspicious of him atm.

Oh, I see!I have my own individual win condition. Just like Frozen does and any Neighbor would. the Neighbor doesn't make the win condition. It's just an extra "ability", if you will.
Dear god what are you doing?

I'm halfway thinking you're a jester this game.

Independant slip/dumb town, not sure which.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Separate post, so no excuse for missing it.

on my defense, i am trying to be as active as possible. by active, i don't mean amount of posts but the content of the post. the reason is a person that posts a lot can get away with fluff while one that posts less will not be able to get away with that. they would have to keep adding information on their current thoughts.
You have yet to post an adequate defense for why you just jumped on the wagon with almost no reasoning, and then switched votes as soon as you were pressured.

Explain.

And now, why'd you go inactive when there was pressure?

Thank you Rei, for taking the role of my number 1 lynch target for the day.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
hmm, I must have missed that particular post Seph.

To others, what do you think of Seph's vote of Rei once he was asked about it? Rei had been mentioned in recent posts and that he just Unvoted instead of changing to Rei straight away. Do you think it's just seph being forgetful or a slip?
I didn't want to automatically change it to Rei. I was planning to put my vote on him when I displayed my case, but you questioned me first. I felt if I said things so strongly against him I should at least back it up with a vote.

Regarding the case, everything has already been said over and over. I feel as though displaying a case would be redundant as it's all common knowledge at this point.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
We have win conditions. They're not exclusive to the Neighborhood.

Why would more information help the Town? If I claimed my role right here and now, that would give the Town information, but it wouldn't help the Town nearly as much as it would the Scum. There's no reason to. Stop fishing.
i just confused on the reason the neighborhood existed. if you say, it is important to keep away information to help the town since it benefits more to mafia. i think its safe to keep this unknown for the time being.

No no, I talking about the win condition you just said right there (the fact that you and FF have one, I mean).

But meh, whatever. I just found it really odd you randomly said that. You should really think before posting -_-;;

Rei - would it matter if it's just them conversing?

anyway, who do you feel is scum and why? (this is still directed at Rei)
he mentioned that they are allowed to converse amongst each other. meaning they could be speaking about anything in game.

also question to vult: what time of the day are you allowed to speak? during the day or night phase of the game?

all you have to state is that and nothing else that can give your role away

at the moment i feel sworddancer is scum since he posts not much of his thoughts when he does a read through. i don't feel that he has not been adding anything.

also vult because of the neighborhood comment along with her neighbor frozenflame.

FoS: Rei

Rei, could you explain why you left when the heat was on you but were fine posting elsewhere?
i was spamming the premium room which requires no thought lol

i usually do this as i'm doing hw which usually is reading since that i'm a language and literary major.

i'm typing this in the comp lab while waiting for my next class in less than an hour

Separate post, so no excuse for missing it.

You have yet to post an adequate defense for why you just jumped on the wagon with almost no reasoning, and then switched votes as soon as you were pressured.

Explain.

And now, why'd you go inactive when there was pressure?

Thank you Rei, for taking the role of my number 1 lynch target for the day.
the reason i voted for vult was because of his edit. also he claimed that he was in a neighborhood. i don't know the specifics about this but i can it seems really weird that there is a group that can speak with each other. i'm can't remember if he mentioned the time they are allowed to speak with each other. also he mentioned now that their are no winning conditions for the group itself. it just makes me wonder what its purpose is.

the reason i switched was because there were many votes on vult since i was ninja'd by gustave. since i didn't know what to do at the moment, it was probably safe to not let it end with a quick lynch with whatever scum did not vote yet.

i wanted to no more information about him and i believe that can be done with having them voted on to add pressure. although i am still asking him questions, i still have an fos on him.

since i have sworddancer on vote atm:

why haven't you been posting more?

can you add more input on your fos and ask more questions to them, since i feel like your analysis are really just summaries of what has occurred with some initial reaction added to the side

if i missed a question could you please quote them and i can answer it after class.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Any and all potential members of the neighborhood Vult and I are a part of can only speak to each other in private during Twilight Phase (the time between when a lynch is secured and the mod officially declares it night) and the Night Phase.

As much as I think voting for someone because you don't understand the purpose of their role in the game is really bad reasoning, it doesn't seem like particularly scummy reasoning.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
This just got interesting.

Rei, are you confirming that you aren't in a neighborhood?

And yes, this is direct fishing. Are you in a neighborhood, Rei?

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Okay, no lynching Rei or Adum today.
Haven't really read everything all that well, but my eyes are dead tired and I have to get up fking early again tomorrows. Sigh.

I actually don't like FF, but it's more vibes. I'll reread on him and possibly make a case in the day after tomorrow. >_>

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
"blah blah blah bad wording blah"

You guys don't have to echo what everyone else said to make yourself feel like part of the crowd.

If people read what I mean in context then there will be no problem.

Thinking of jumping on Sworddancer wagon, but I need to reread posts first. Last few pages flew by too quickly.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
*shrugs* It was bad wording.

Still don't think your a lynch candidate just think it was bad wording and bad play.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party

I don't see why this question needs to be answered unless you can state a good reason.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest

i'm neither confirming nor denying that if i am in a neighborhood or not

the reason being this would not help town but help mafia more seeing who is in a neighborhood or not

which means if they find out whatever reason the neighborhood(s) exist, they could target those in it

at the moment we are intensely looking for anything within vult's and frozenflame's posts since they claimed

we are putting a lot of our attention on these two, when we could be not seeing scum slips in other members

for that reason i am not answering with a clear answer

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
I didn't want to automatically change it to Rei. I was planning to put my vote on him when I displayed my case, but you questioned me first. I felt if I said things so strongly against him I should at least back it up with a vote.

Regarding the case, everything has already been said over and over. I feel as though displaying a case would be redundant as it's all common knowledge at this point.
So, you didn't vote him straight away because you decided to vote and post your case as the same time, but you then decided not to post the case and just vote afterwards?

I'm not saying this isn't the case, I just want to be sure :]

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Vote: Rei

FoS: Overswarm

leaving the vote here for now. inb4 3 inactives get active and vote Rei without checking the votecount.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
why exactly did you vote for me?

not stating a clear reason is sorta scummy

i mean you ask members about me but i can't find anything your opinions about me

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I don't see why this question needs to be answered unless you can state a good reason.

Would you like me to explain a trap before or after it is sprung?

Rei said:
i'm neither confirming nor denying that if i am in a neighborhood or not

the reason being this would not help town but help mafia more seeing who is in a neighborhood or not

which means if they find out whatever reason the neighborhood(s) exist, they could target those in it

at the moment we are intensely looking for anything within vult's and frozenflame's posts since they claimed

we are putting a lot of our attention on these two, when we could be not seeing scum slips in other members

for that reason i am not answering with a clear answer
Cool story, bro.

unvote vote Rei

Stays on until you answer, and answer honestly.

Funny thing about neighborhoods: you can't lie unless everyone else in your neighborhood decides to lie with you... which would be insane.

So truth up Rei.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
i just confused on the reason the neighborhood existed. if you say, it is important to keep away information to help the town since it benefits more to mafia. i think its safe to keep this unknown for the time being.

he mentioned that they are allowed to converse amongst each other. meaning they could be speaking about anything in game.

also question to vult: what time of the day are you allowed to speak? during the day or night phase of the game?

all you have to state is that and nothing else that can give your role away

at the moment i feel sworddancer is scum since he posts not much of his thoughts when he does a read through. i don't feel that he has not been adding anything.

also vult because of the neighborhood comment along with her neighbor frozenflame.
Saved for later:

the reason i voted for vult was because of his edit. also he claimed that he was in a neighborhood. i don't know the specifics about this but i can it seems really weird that there is a group that can speak with each other. i'm can't remember if he mentioned the time they are allowed to speak with each other. also he mentioned now that their are no winning conditions for the group itself. it just makes me wonder what its purpose is.
So... in other words, you were jumping onto an easy bandwagon? That's not scummy at all.

the reason i switched was because there were many votes on vult since i was ninja'd by gustave. since i didn't know what to do at the moment, it was probably safe to not let it end with a quick lynch with whatever scum did not vote yet.
So, you had no reason, you switched under pressure.

i wanted to no more information about him and i believe that can be done with having them voted on to add pressure. although i am still asking him questions, i still have an fos on him.
You wanted no more information about him...

I'm gonna assume that this was meant to be "know".

Regardless, you conveniently chose to target somebody with an information hunt when you had no action to pressure him based on EXACTLY when somebody pressured you....

Yeah, expect to get lynched today.

So, you see what position you're in, if you have a claim or information to give, now's the time to do it, you just might be able to make the bandwagon back off you, if it's useful enough.

So, now's the time to comment on what you said above, are you in a neighborhood?

Stop voting Rei, don't want an accidental hammer.
WE ARE AT LYNCH -2, meaning two more votes for Rei and she gets lynched.

No excuses now.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Especially since Rei is online now and can see the thread is updated.

Top Bottom