• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Code Geass Mafia: OVAH

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
vote count
blue yoshi (1) - blue yoshi
vult redux (1) - overswarm
adumbrodeus (2) - frozenflame751, gheb_01
-rei- (2) - sephiroths masamune, vult redux
sworddancer. (1) - -rei-
gustave (1) - summonerau
gheb_01 (1) - adumbrodeus

not voting (6) - xonar, sworddancer., kevinm, dark_ermac, meta-kirby, gustave

Deadline is last second of 5/23 EST
With 15 alive it takes 8 to lynch

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Neighbors is a sub-division of mason, so if I wanna say, "you're telling us you can communicate privately, but you're not saying that there's any alignment confirmation of any type", so I go to the most general version, "masons" of which everything else is a sub-type.
Yeah I disagree. Mason and Neighbor are completely different for me. But it definitely depends in the environment you play in. So I can buy that.

So, what did he say?
Undisclosed at this time. See my and Sephiroth's conversation during the whole last page.

I think I need to take a break to work on my overdue research paper [that I've been too focused on this game to work on] and to let more people catch up. I'm off until later tonight/tomorrow.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
This game has begun less than 12 hours ago and I'm already behind by nearly 200 posts. -_-

Hold up, I'm reading up.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Elaborate.
If, for example, frozen flame / vult wanted some way to confirm they were neighbors, they can leave hints that would otherwise not be noticed or important.

I've seen in one game a cop posted a certain smiley face in response to a player's post, once per day; that player was the one the cop chose to investigate. He'd post a follow-up smiley later depending on their alignment. He'd post later in the game, this person could back it up by saying "Look, I investigated the following people. I investigated THIS guy last night, and I know he's scum. So either I randomly used this smiley face on every single person I tracked, or I'm telling the truth. Look at the flips, they match perfectly."

Things like that.

Sephiroth, I think it's pretty clear Vult knew it would make him look bad. The question I think you should be asking yourself is "Why would scum go out of their way to make themselves look bad after being focused on so much?"
You're giving him too much credit.

sephiroth said:
I don't like how KevinM hasn't been active considering how much credit OS has given him.
KevinM
Last Activity: Today 11:09 AM

Check first before pointing any suspicion at someone.

unvote vote Gheb

I don't like your approach, Gheb. This is different than I remember. Why so jumpy?

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
KevinM
Last Activity: Today 11:09 AM

Check first before pointing any suspicion at someone.

unvote vote Gheb

I don't like your approach, Gheb. This is different than I remember. Why so jumpy?
I'm talking about how he hasn't posted between RVS and now, yet there are others who haven't. I'm just saying that you said KevinM was a great mafia player, and him being inactive is just a little suspicious considering it's the end of the day. But that can be said about all of them.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I hate that half of the players aren't saying anything.

@frozenflame751: I get what your saying, but if you and VR are scum and that's how you neighborize? And you just backed up his claim to save your scum buddy. It's a double edged sword if one of you turns up scum then the other is a the best candidate for the next scum lynch. On the other hand you could both be as you say you are and have instant town claims.

Also how do you feel about Rei?
DO NOT make this assumption. As has been stated, neighbors are like masons who's alignments are UNCONFIRMED to one another. I have no indication of VR's alignment by being a neighbor of his, nor does he have any indication of mine. The fact that we are neighbors should not be weighed heavily if and when either of our flips are used to analyze the other. What we've been discussing here will be a much better indicator.

I'll talk about Rei at the end of this post.

Activity and discussion is inherently pro-town, and anything that acts as a springboard for activity is pro-town, because without it, the town cannot catch scum.
By this logic, anyone who posts ever is inherently pro-town. Wrong. Being active is generally good, but being active and not scumhunting, attacking easy targets for bad reasons, using WIFOM logic, and a handful of other bad things are ALL anti-town. Generally speaking being active is preferable to being inactive, but that does not make activity inherently pro-town. Certain types of activity are, but activity in and of itself is value neutral.

So... randomly joking about a person's name isn't fluff?

The awesomeness of my name and jokes related to it has no relevance to scumhunting, I suggest you concentrate on it.
Sure, technically that's fluff, but was it the focus of my post? No. Was it constructed in a way meant to distract from the core points of my post? No. Did it in any way muddle the scumhunting in my posts or the points I was trying to make? No. Did it serve to distract anyone from the topic at hand. With the exception of yourself who seems to enjoy making a big deal out of it (which by the way, is making the "fluff" more distracting than it needs to be, thus contradicting what you're telling me to do), no.

Because it did none of those things, I don't know where you're coming from saying there's absolutely no room for anything that isn't direct scum hunting. That's such an outrageous demand that doesn't even focus on what make scummy fluff posting and harmless fluff posting different.

Nice misrepresentation/tunneling, I said she's scum or useless, we can't be sure which (because being a useless townie IS a scum tell, in case you haven't realized this), here's our priorities for kills:

1. Scum
2. Useless/inactive players

We can't afford useless or inactive players in lylo, because one bad vote and it all goes down the drain. Of course finding scum is first priority, but for now, she's my lynch target unless somebody turns out to be more scummy.
Sure this is tunneling, but that doesn't make it bad. Tunneling on issues that are devoid of strong analysis or are just logical dead ends is bad. Tunneling on someone because they're saying scummy **** and need to be pressure is not.

Firstly, being useless is NOT a scum tell. It's a reason to exact greater scrutiny on a player, but not a straight up scum tell. There's a very common predicament of "scum or dumb" that you'll run into A LOT when playing mafia. It's part of the game and a very important one at that to be able to discern dumb townie play from intentional underhanded or otherwise detrimental scum play. INTENT is a huge part of analyzing posts, and you seem to be far too focus on simple content to even realize that importance. INTENT is what separates dumb town posts from scum posts.

Scum benefit from anti-town actions, so anti-town actions mean somebody is more likely to be scum.

The nice thing about useless players and inactives is that them being in the game is anti-town, so if we lynch then and they flips scum, awesome. If we lynch them and they flip town, it's still one less wasted seat.

This is especially important in lylo.
First two sentences are just plain wrong, going back to the "dumb or scum" predicament. It doesn't make people more likely to be scum at all, it just means that they need to be scrutinized in order to figure out what their true intent was.

Lynching townies regardless of how "useless" you might deem them is just straight up anti-town. You base your entire case for how "good" it is to get rid of them by fear mongering and saying that if you let them live to lylo they will absolutely drop the ball and make the town lose. This is a horrbly flawed assumption, and an ironic line of argument to take coming from the guy who was just earlier telling me I shouldn't be afraid of voting because "we were nowhere near a lynch and no where near lylo". So when should we be afraid of lylo? When you say we should? When it best suits your value judgements?

Yay for tunneling, my scum-senses are tingeling.

You support a DAY 1 FIRST RL DAY QUICKLYNCH!

Unvote

Vote: Gheb_01

How obvious you gotta make it? Seriously.

Soft-pushing for inactivity, pushing for a quicklynch on the first day the thread is open, crazy tunneling... are you just trying to get lynched?
Even though these accusations are complete BS, I'm curious as to how Gheb earned your vote when by your logic I'm guilty of basically everything that he's done, except I did it first.

So why Gheb over me? Or do you just not have a reason because you're scum feeling the pressure and just wanted to lash out on the most recent attacker?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few other notes:

People who think that discussing adum in greater detail will lead to us forgetting about Vult and what he's done are just ****ing dumb. I'd like to think we have memories that last longer than 24 hours here people. Just because the focus of the game is dynamic and moves around doesn't mean we can't go back to old issues or discuss what we have previously. We play in an uneditable thread for a reason, to be able to GO BACK and bring old topics and questions back up when they become relevant.

Still slightly suspicious of Rei but its just a nagging feeling. Adum saying he thinks Rei is a "little scummy" kind of in a non-committal and unprovoked manner makes me think they could be scum buddies but its not a connection I'm sold on.

Still really confident that adum is the play today.

@ Overswarm: How is Gheb being jumpy? From what I see he's got a strong read on adum like me and is anything BUT jumpy. Regardless, whatever you might be defining "jumpy" as, wouldn't I be equally "jumpy" by your logic, and if so why does Gheb get this particular distinction and attention despite our obvious similarities? I find it curious that you just decided to call his actions into question as if they were principally isolated.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'm talking about how he hasn't posted between RVS and now, yet there are others who haven't. I'm just saying that you said KevinM was a great mafia player, and him being inactive is just a little suspicious considering it's the end of the day. But that can be said about all of them.
He hasn't been on; he can't post. While it's possible he's ghosting the thread, his current user activity shows his KevinM account hasn't been on. As such, we have no way of knowing if he's even aware of how much activity shows up. Give him more than 24 hours :p

Why not?

l
Because he's jumpy.

Summoner said:
Overswarm, how do you feel about the suspicions around Rei?
Haven't looked into it much yet. Nothing jumped out at me, and Gheb was more interesting. I'm waiting until the Rei case grows a little bit before I make any opinions on it.

Frozenflame said:
By this logic, anyone who posts ever is inherently pro-town. Wrong. Being active is generally good, but being active and not scumhunting, attacking easy targets for bad reasons, using WIFOM logic, and a handful of other bad things are ALL anti-town. Generally speaking being active is preferable to being inactive, but that does not make activity inherently pro-town. Certain types of activity are, but activity in and of itself is value neutral.
"Bad" activity can be caught and used as a scum tell. Inactivity gives no information other than inactivity, so you're taking a gamble whenever you kill an inactive. As mentioned earlier in this thread, the majority of straight up inactive posters end up being town anyway! Activity is a big thing on the pro-town checklist. It rarely hurts town.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
@ Overswarm: How is Gheb being jumpy? From what I see he's got a strong read on adum like me and is anything BUT jumpy. Regardless, whatever you might be defining "jumpy" as, wouldn't I be equally "jumpy" by your logic, and if so why does Gheb get this particular distinction and attention despite our obvious similarities? I find it curious that you just decided to call his actions into question as if they were principally isolated.
Other games of his I've read as well as TMNT mafia where we played together (he was town, I was scum), he was incredibly patient and had a set pattern to his accusations. In this game, he deviates from this strongly. Regardless of how big a scum tell you consider Adumbrodeus' actions, the Gheb I've seen wouldn't have called him out so strongly in this way. I find it interesting. This isn't necessarily a scum tell in the slightest, but does require closer observation. I myself change my playstyle every game I play so I can't effectively be meta'd, but I have no seen this behavior from Gheb prior to this game.

As a side note, virtually everything adumbrodeus said he said earlier in my FF6 Mafia game I was running in the BBR. He was town there, so while this does not confirm him as town I don't consider anything he's saying as a big scum tell. From his recent postings alone, at worst he's making statements people disagree with. Adum isn't cleared, but he isn't a suspect at the moment for the reasons you consider it suspicious. This is meta, of course, but if you see someone say "activity is pro town" in two games and in one of them he's town and the other he's unsure, you don't use "activity is pro town" as a scum tell.

Lynching townies regardless of how "useless" you might deem them is just straight up anti-town.
As another side note, I'd prefer to lynch all inactives/useless townies before D3 if we don't have any strong scum reads. And yes, I'm okay with lynching someone simply because they're inactive/useless. If I have a strong scum read I'll push for that one, but if we're in the dark I'll kill someone who's detrimental. I won TMNT mafia because a player was inactive for over two weeks.

People who think that discussing adum in greater detail will lead to us forgetting about Vult and what he's done are just ****ing dumb. I'd like to think we have memories that last longer than 24 hours here people.
*looks back at DBZ mafia*

Tell that to them, I was L-1 and just went inactive for a day and someone else got lynched. Dropping cases is never good for town; squeeze as much blood as you can from that stone.

Speaking of which, I'll do so in the next post. My turn for questions.

(I'm separating my question post for ease of quoting)

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Ah, but you're missing the point, inherently activity is more pro-town then inactivity, and while there are bad ways to be active, those serve an easy purpose of telling town who needs to be removed before lylo (or ignored, if it's impossible) or who is themselves scum.

Town can use it wrong, but activity is always an asset to town.

Sure, technically that's fluff, but was it the focus of my post? No. Was it constructed in a way meant to distract from the core points of my post? No. Did it in any way muddle the scumhunting in my posts or the points I was trying to make? No. Did it serve to distract anyone from the topic at hand. With the exception of yourself who seems to enjoy making a big deal out of it (which by the way, is making the "fluff" more distracting than it needs to be, thus contradicting what you're telling me to do), no.

Because it did none of those things, I don't know where you're coming from saying there's absolutely no room for anything that isn't direct scum hunting. That's such an outrageous demand that doesn't even focus on what make scummy fluff posting and harmless fluff posting different.
Past RVS, fluff in general is bad, I was merely pointing

Sure this is tunneling, but that doesn't make it bad. Tunneling on issues that are devoid of strong analysis or are just logical dead ends is bad. Tunneling on someone because they're saying scummy **** and need to be pressure is not.
Tunneling is picking out a player and taking everything they do whether pro-town or anti-town as scummy.

You have massive tunnel vision atm.

Firstly, being useless is NOT a scum tell. It's a reason to exact greater scrutiny on a player, but not a straight up scum tell. There's a very common predicament of "scum or dumb" that you'll run into A LOT when playing mafia. It's part of the game and a very important one at that to be able to discern dumb townie play from intentional underhanded or otherwise detrimental scum play. INTENT is a huge part of analyzing posts, and you seem to be far too focus on simple content to even realize that importance. INTENT is what separates dumb town posts from scum posts.
Here's the thing, we don't know which is which for sure until the flip, since scum can easily pretend to be dumb town, it depends on the player.

At this point, I'm not sure which VR is, so he's/she's on the list.

First two sentences are just plain wrong, going back to the "dumb or scum" predicament. It doesn't make people more likely to be scum at all, it just means that they need to be scrutinized in order to figure out what their true intent was.
Ok, you're pushing yourself closer to that category too.

Lynching townies regardless of how "useless" you might deem them is just straight up anti-town. You base your entire case for how "good" it is to get rid of them by fear mongering and saying that if you let them live to lylo they will absolutely drop the ball and make the town lose. This is a horrbly flawed assumption, and an ironic line of argument to take coming from the guy who was just earlier telling me I shouldn't be afraid of voting because "we were nowhere near a lynch and no where near lylo". So when should we be afraid of lylo? When you say we should? When it best suits your value judgements?
Lynch -3 is near a lynch, especially with a runaway bandwagon like that. At this point, we still need information.

Yes, if they're playing dumb they'll drop the ball in lylo, and this doesn't make sense, how?

This is basic play theory, since dumb play is anti-town, you have somebody who is more likely inherently to be scum

Even though these accusations are complete BS, I'm curious as to how Gheb earned your vote when by your logic I'm guilty of basically everything that he's done, except I did it first.

So why Gheb over me? Or do you just not have a reason because you're scum feeling the pressure and just wanted to lash out on the most recent attacker?
Did you read my posts?

Gheb pushed for a day 1 irl quicklynch on day 1 of the game. Town needs information to analyze and ending the day that prematurely is... ridiculously anti-town.

Unless you did too and I didn't notice, in which case kindly point it out.

Because of that, you just seem like a tunneling townie.

People who think that discussing adum in greater detail will lead to us forgetting about Vult and what he's done are just ****ing dumb. I'd like to think we have memories that last longer than 24 hours here people. Just because the focus of the game is dynamic and moves around doesn't mean we can't go back to old issues or discuss what we have previously. We play in an uneditable thread for a reason, to be able to GO BACK and bring old topics and questions back up when they become relevant.
I think most people just think you're being stupid on this.

Still slightly suspicious of Rei but its just a nagging feeling. Adum saying he thinks Rei is a "little scummy" kind of in a non-committal and unprovoked manner makes me think they could be scum buddies but its not a connection I'm sold on.
I was committed on it, I voted earlier to pressure Rei. Gheb just made like the scummiest play ever however. More important.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Pre-emptive statement on activity

Code:
User Name Posts 
Sephiroths Masamune  45 
Vult Redux  38 
adumbrodeus  28 
Overswarm  23 
Gustave  20 
-Rei-  13 
Gheb_01  9 
SummonerAU  8 
frozenflame751  8 
[B](。◕‿‿◕。)  5 [/B]
Dark_Ermac  4 
Blue Yoshi  4 
Sworddancer.  3 
Meta-Kirby  3 
Xonar  2 
KevinM  2 
Marshy  2
Anyone below the moderator on that list is going to be considered a detriment to the town late game. If I don't get a strong scum read, I'm going to try to wagon one of the players there. Just saying this in advance so people know to post. You shouldn't have posts below the moderator; even "useless" posts are more useful than this because then at least we know you're stallling or useless rather than inactive.

Questions

Gheb

1. What are your thoughts on Rei?

2. Assume for a moment that I am confirmed town. I tell you that Adumbrodeus is posting the exact same sentiment towards mafia play as he did in a game you cannot see. There is little to no variation. Do you believe me, and do you consider Adumbrodeus' actions scummy?

3. What are your thoughts on Vurt?

Vurt / Frozen Flame

1. You two are now confirmed neighbors. Don't give names or numbers, but are there MORE in your neighborhood or are you alone?

2. Vurt, why did you announce FFlame was a Neighbor?

3. Vurt, why did you put suspicion on FFlame so early on? Paraphrase discussions in the neighborhood if need be, but I'm more concerned with your overall intentions than the steps leading to them at the moment.

4. Flame, why do you think Vurt brought suspicion on you before your first post?

SummonerAU

1. Why ask me specifically about Rei?

Adumbrodeus

1. What are your thoughts on Rei?

Sephiroth's Masamune

1. What are your thoughts on adumbrodeus?

2. Do you feel your case on Rei has gotten stronger or weaker as time has gone on?

Dark_Ermac
Blue Yoshi
Sworddancer.
Meta-Kirby
Xonar
KevinM
Marshy

Post something. At the very least, give your thoughts on Vurt or Rei.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
unvote Vote Xonar

Xonar

You woke up and said "omg 15 pages?!" and then started trading PMs with someone. Who were you PMing and why?

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
unvote Vote Xonar

Xonar

You woke up and said "omg 15 pages?!" and then started trading PMs with someone. Who were you PMing and why?
You have received an infraction at Smash World Forums
Dear Xonar,

You have received a 1 point infraction at Smash World Forums for Minor Spam. If you have six or more infraction points, you will no longer be able to post at Smash World Forums until some of your points expire.

For a full explanation of the rules and a detailed list of infractions, please review the Global Rules.

Original Post:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=10267912

Quote:
No but seriously, chair is king
If you have a question about this infraction, please contact the moderator who issued it. If that does not resolve the issue, visit Forum Support.

Remember that, unless specified otherwise, all infractions expire.

All the best,
the Smash World Forums staff

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
While I hate to say it, I see the chances of Adum being scum slim. I'm not going to explain it, so my apologies for that.
Adum is annoying nonetheless, but I rather not lynch him. That said, I'm not done reading yet.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Vote: Gustave
Has had no intention to scumhunt yet. I know his scumgame, it's basicly just join discussion and post while having no part in the scumhunting.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Because I wanted to know how you felt about Rei even though you were focused on another person.

Since we're asking questions OS, since you've said you don't see anything here (I'm refering to Sephiroth's #108) why do you think Sephiroth doesn't have anything? What do you believe the intent behind Rei's post and what do you think of Rei's next few post?

Also, how rude Xonar.

Gustave seems to have completely ignored my vote and hasn't even bothered to tell me I'm wrong. He even quotes a post made after my post! Gustave, why didn't you reply to my post at the time? Feel free to tell me how wrong I am about you being scummy too. You seem to be happy for votes to be flying but as soon as the attention shifts around to other players you start saying things like 'not supporting a lynch as of yet" etc etc

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Because I wanted to know how you felt about Rei even though you were focused on another person.
Fair enough

Since we're asking questions OS, since you've said you don't see anything here (I'm refering to Sephiroth's #108) why do you think Sephiroth doesn't have anything? What do you believe the intent behind Rei's post and what do you think of Rei's next few post?

I'm not sure what you mean. I don't believe I've made a statement on Rei, or whether or not Sephie has anything.

I'll have my full thoughts on Rei shortly. Waiting for adumbro/seph response, as well as Gheb's response to previous statements.

Also, how rude Xonar.

Gustave seems to have completely ignored my vote and hasn't even bothered to tell me I'm wrong. He even quotes a post made after my post! Gustave, why didn't you reply to my post at the time? Feel free to tell me how wrong I am about you being scummy too. You seem to be happy for votes to be flying but as soon as the attention shifts around to other players you start saying things like 'not supporting a lynch as of yet" etc etc
unvote vote Gustave

I personalyl don't like the "vote" with no words, but I can see how it can be useful. Word time now thogh gustave.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Here's why I said that I don't want to lynch someone so soon when it went to Adumbrodeus.
Because I did not at all find Adumbrodeus suspicious. When the votes were on Vult, I understood why they were there and agreed with them.
Vult did something stupid to begin with. I'd lynch him of nothing else came up.
Adumbrodeus, I couldn't see the reasoning behind voting or wanting to lynch him.

Summoner, I didn't respond to your vote earlier because I didn't understand why you voted for me, but in your previous it was clear enough. I generally don't freak out over one vote.

Xonar, have you read or skimmed the last 15 pages?

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Sephiroth's Masamune

1. What are your thoughts on adumbrodeus?

2. Do you feel your case on Rei has gotten stronger or weaker as time has gone on?
1. adum doesn't seem scum to me at this point I see why he went for Gheb, after that whole push for a quick 1D lynch.

2. Only a little due to people talking about it instead of letting it slide. I would like to hear more from him, he left right in the middle of the heat.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Ok guys, just letting you know I still exist in this game... yesterday I had to work, and didn't have time to read everything in this thread. Today, I'm heading to work now, and after, heading to a smash fest... and Saturday, I work then head to a tournament after the events are over. So... that said, I probably won't be posting anything useful until Sunday... since... well, I'm busy, and won't have time to read everything until then.

Dark_Ermac

Smash Apprentice
I'm not dead!

I'm not sure about -rei-, he hasn't done anything for a few days and could be an idiot town, but I'll have to delve deeper into his posts to see what I can make of him.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Cool story, bro.

What do you think about me, Dark Ermac? I've given more than enough information to at least make everyone think about my alignment for a moment.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Someone just rushed onto a band wagon without much of an arguement ,and then jumped off when he was pointed out. How is this not a big scum tell?

People lose because they underthink acts such as these.

Top Bottom