• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Code Geass Mafia: OVAH

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
vote count
blue yoshi (1) - blue yoshi
vult redux (2) - overswarm, gustave
adumbrodeus (2) - frozenflame751, vult redux
overswarm (1) - meta-kirby
-rei- (1) - sephiroths masamune
sworddancer. (1) - -rei-

not voting (7) - xonar, sworddancer., gheb_01, summonerau, kevinm, dark_ermac, adumbrodeus

i will try to do one of these every 40 posts.

Deadline is last second of 5/23 EST
With 15 alive it takes 8 to lynch

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
well i use my vote as pressure to find more information

since i want more of the inactive players and know more about them

unvote; vote: sworddancer

About activity leading to more scumslips;
That could work if scum isn't decent at this game, but don't expect that.
well there is also the possibility of finding contradictions in a person's statement which can lead to a slip or more information to be drawn out

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
well i use my vote as pressure to find more information

since i want more of the inactive players and know more about them

unvote; vote: sworddancer

well there is also the possibility of finding contradictions in a person's statement which can lead to a slip or more information to be drawn out
You keep slipping, I add pressure and you try to find the quickest escape out.

M.K

Level 55
Unvote
FoS: Gustave

Looking back, I really don't like that question, but that's the only thing.
Rei is acting suspicious since entrance. Odd.
@Vult, Frozen is your IRL Neighbor? O.o Is that what you mean?

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
well as i was reading

i saw he was sorta new to the boards and wanted to see his experience in mafia tbh

he also had 0 posts

so maybe he didn't know the no edit rule
Why does this warrant a vote? Couldn't you just, erm, ask me about my experience with the game? Without a vote?

Rei's changing his vote when I haven't yet given him what he seems to have voted me for in the first place means he's backpedaling out of the pressure. Am I right?

Unvote! Vote: Rei

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Rei is acting suspicious since entrance. Odd.
@Vult, Frozen is your IRL Neighbor? O.o Is that what you mean?
Why is Rei acting suspicious odd?

Why did you unvote without casting a new vote?

A Neighborhood is a group of players that can talk to each other.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
That's true, and not explicitly a bad thing either, is it?
Yes, it is. There's a saying I've come across, "there are no town tells, only scum tells". While it's not true in all cases, "proving your town" is almost impossible, so it's not worth our time, and why take up valuable time proving something that's almost impossible when you can simply scumhunt.

A tad bit?! Come on, let's make some concessions here... Or point out to me how anything posted before I posted is useful for the Town.

Not much harm will come from producing material about myself, especially now that I've cleared up the ambiguity.

Plus we now have information about others that we can pursue if need be. It doesn't have to be just me giving information.
NO.

As I firmly and categorically stated, if you are town, then you are WASTING OUR TIME BY EMBROILING US IN A DISCUSSION WITH VERY LITTLE POTENTIAL RETURN! If instead of gambiting stupidly you concentrated on letting us go out of the RVS naturally, we'd probably have a much more useful conversation going on.

No useful reads out of this convo have been produced for anyone except you, and do

You're firmly in my useless/scum category, you have a mountain of **** to climb out of before you're anything less then the lynch of the day, unless somebody else takes the title or you manage to prove your usefulness really quick.

You've taken enough of my time.

Vote: -Rei-

Your waffling under pressure is extremely scummy, and at the very least, stick to your questions, if you can't put consistent pressure and gain information, you're useless to town if you are town.

There's the original question.
I don't know how to word it better without making it sound like it's my own opinion.

About activity leading to more scumslips;
That could work if scum isn't decent at this game, but don't expect that.
"Making a recognizable anti-town play" is a scumslip, good scum is better at hiding it, bad scum is worse, but at a certain point, they gotta hurt the town, otherwise they can't win.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Fine, why did you place your vote on VR in the first place? Why did you change your vote after I pressured you? Why didn’t you try to defend yourself and instead asked for a challenge?

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
i mentioned before voting adds pressure

also editting can take out needed information such as a role slip

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
my play style is really gun-ho tbh

i'm not great on d1 but i try to find info

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Yes, it is. There's a saying I've come across, "there are no town tells, only scum tells". While it's not true in all cases, "proving your town" is almost impossible, so it's not worth our time, and why take up valuable time proving something that's almost impossible when you can simply scumhunt.
Disagree.

adumbrodeus;10262735No useful reads out of this convo have been produced for anyone except you[/QUOTE said:
My actions gave you a read on Rei, it seems.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
i mentioned before voting adds pressure

Then why bandwagon on somebody with a significant bandwagon already, wouldn't it be more efficient to pick somebody else from the start?

Why is Rei acting suspicious odd?

Why did you unvote without casting a new vote?

A Neighborhood is a group of players that can talk to each other.
*sigh*

Haphazard claims are ALSO a bad town play, and you just essentially did claim mason.

See, that's the kind of thing you keep secret, especially since there's no way it could be useful in reason for suspicion yet.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
Fine, why did you place your vote on VR in the first place? Why did you change your vote after I pressured you? Why didn’t you try to defend yourself and instead asked for a challenge?

the reason i voted for vr was since he could have held information in that edit.

wasn't here to see what exactly was edited.

i changed my vote since everyone was focusing on vr and he stated a lot of info that could help the town out. since he was being pressured, i felt there was no need to pressure him more and try to get an inactive person out.

like i said the more info out the better. that's why i will answer whatever.

my previous post

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
Then why bandwagon on somebody with a significant bandwagon already, wouldn't it be more efficient to pick somebody else from the start.
that's true, but it just felt weird that vr was causing confusion on the town so early.

adding more pressure has some help

yes i could have voted someone else. but then i would have to wait for him to respond and i'm not sure how long that would take.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Disagree.

adumbrodeus;10262735No useful reads out of this convo have been produced for anyone except you[/QUOTE said:
My actions gave you a read on Rei, it seems.
Please, just try to scumhunt and do something useful for now, I'll return to you if I see the need.

the reason i voted for vr was since he could have held information in that edit.

wasn't here to see what exactly was edited.

i changed my vote since everyone was focusing on vr and he stated a lot of info that could help the town out. since he was being pressured, i felt there was no need to pressure him more and try to get an inactive person out.

like i said the more info out the better. that's why i will answer whatever.

my previous post
Which leaves us with the question of why start with VR?

That seemed to be contrary to spreading the pressure.

that's true, but it just felt weird that vr was causing confusion on the town so early.

adding more pressure has some help

yes i could have voted someone else. but then i would have to wait for him to respond and i'm not sure how long that would take.
If your goal is to spread pressure around... that still doesn't make sense.

And you chose to remove the vote cause you didn't wanna wait?

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Are you offering this as a suggestion, or did you actually this this when you saw the edit?

you just essentially did claim mason.
um.

No, I didn't. At all. I didn't say anything about a Masonry. Neighborhoods and Masonries are two entirely different concepts. You seem like you're an experienced enough player to know the difference.

This post looks like you're trying to get me to slip whether I'm a Mason faking Neighbor.

Explain. Now.

@Frozen: Thoughts on this, please!

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
i'm just suggesting it

since i came in after a lot of post have been made

i mentioned i was unable to see what was edited out

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
um.

No, I didn't. At all. I didn't say anything about a Masonry. Neighborhoods and Masonries are two entirely different concepts. You seem like you're an experienced enough player to know the difference.

This post looks like you're trying to get me to slip whether I'm a Mason faking Neighbor.

Explain. Now.

@Frozen: Thoughts on this, please!
http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?search=Neighborhood&go=Go

No results, I've never heard of a neighborhood before this game, and the only power you have attributed to it so far is the ability for people to talk to each other, so the only attributes your claim has is attributes that are the same as masonries.

Anything to get suspicion off of yourself?

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
vote count
blue yoshi (1) - blue yoshi
vult redux (2) - overswarm, gustave
adumbrodeus (2) - frozenflame751, vult redux
overswarm (1) - meta-kirby
-rei- (1) - sephiroths masamune
sworddancer. (1) - -rei-

not voting (7) - xonar, sworddancer., gheb_01, summonerau, kevinm, dark_ermac, adumbrodeus

i will try to do one of these every 40 posts.

Deadline is last second of 5/23 EST
With 15 alive it takes 8 to lynch

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
For the same reason I initially applied to my vote, soft stances against something useful to town are only slightly less scummy then hard stances.

It's still taking the same opinion "that something which is important to the town is useless", so I fail to see how taking a hard stance is much less scummy then a soft one.
RVS is in no way inherently beneficial to the town. To are arguing that any stance (soft or hard) against it is scummy by virtue of this assumption which is a poor assumption to make. RVS is just a natural part of the early game, but it is by no means pro-town, nor necessary. Some games start with more formal procedures, like RQS, certain types of claims, etc. RVS is pretty value neutral, it springboards discussion but good mafia can tailor the focus to their needs in many situations. Claiming RVS is inherently pro-town is just plain naive.

So... that part was just as much fluff as before, only in a different way...

I haven't taken the time to metagame you yet, so I only know your abilities based on your experiences, if you clog the discussion up with fluff, whatever it may be, I can only assume you're not useful.
Sure, go ahead, call it fluff if you want, but it's not, at all. The fact that this is the depth of your analysis with regard to it means you're just trying to write off things you don't want to see or discuss as "fluff" to make the person look bad. Fair enough. You're earning my vote more and more with every post.

Vult is dumb for claiming but I will confirm that we are in the same neighborhood.

Rei's initial hop on the bandwagon was definitely iffy but he's new stalwart "come pressure me stance" isn't doing much for me right now. Not so convinced is a confident town driven stance or scum trying to flush a stupid wagon mistake away with a new tough "come at me" stance.

The fact that adum has said that vult is basically his solid lynch target for the day on the basis of "uselessness" and not scumminess despite him constantly calling for scumhunting just reeks of scum. Nice double standard thar.

Can we lynch adum soon?

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Yes, they have, and it will be reflected when the vote count on the next 40 ppp starts.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Can we lynch adum soon?
Considering greatly.

What do you think of Rei?

What do you think of the bit about Adum that I pointed out [rRole-fishing and then feigning ignorance, or genuine ignorance]?

I claimed because I foresaw a quicklynch coming soon if I didn't, because these people are unsatisfiable.

I agree that it's dumb and I didn't want to do it. Just so you know. <_<

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I hate that half of the players aren't saying anything.

@frozenflame751: I get what your saying, but if you and VR are scum and that's how you neighborize? And you just backed up his claim to save your scum buddy. It's a double edged sword if one of you turns up scum then the other is a the best candidate for the next scum lynch. On the other hand you could both be as you say you are and have instant town claims.

Also how do you feel about Rei?

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Considering greatly.

What do you think of Rei?

What do you think of the bit about Adum that I pointed out [rRole-fishing and then feigning ignorance, or genuine ignorance]?

I claimed because I foresaw a quicklynch coming soon if I didn't, because these people are unsatisfiable.

I agree that it's dumb and I didn't want to do it. Just so you know. <_<
It seemed more of a slip than a claim. -_-

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Making no sense is a definite scum tell.
Absolutely not.

Agreed. Breadcrumbing is fine (preferred even).
Elaborate.

It's in scum's interest to confuse the town in order to allow for mislynches.
What confuses town and what not is already extremely vague. The actions of a townie can confuse other townies without any (bad) intentions. If you lack knowledge confusion is inevitable.

As for secrets, it depends on the situation in the game, but hinting "I'VE GOT A SECRET GUYS"! Is really bad for all everyone on your side.
How so?

As I firmly and categorically stated, if you are town, then you are WASTING OUR TIME BY EMBROILING US IN A DISCUSSION WITH VERY LITTLE POTENTIAL RETURN! If instead of gambiting stupidly you concentrated on letting us go out of the RVS naturally, we'd probably have a much more useful conversation going on.
You're firmly in my useless/scum category, you have a mountain of **** to climb out of before you're anything less then the lynch of the day, unless somebody else takes the title or you manage to prove your usefulness really quick.
You've taken enough of my time.

Vote: -Rei-
Your waffling under pressure is extremely scummy, and at the very least, stick to your questions, if you can't put consistent pressure and gain information, you're useless to town if you are town.
"Making a recognizable anti-town play" is a scumslip, good scum is better at hiding it, bad scum is worse, but at a certain point, they gotta hurt the town, otherwise they can't win.
Can we lynch this guy please?

Vote: adumbrodeus

:059:

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Neighbors

The first word I used when I referred to him and myself was "Neighbor". You didn't look up "Neighbor" when you first saw the claim. Just, "Neighborhood"?

If you didn't understand the role why didn't you ask about it?

Is your experience on this site only?
I'm familiar with "neighbors" as another term for unconfirmed mason, but not neighborhood, and which which is part of the mason page?

Therefore, all we know about the role you claimed for you two is that you have the basic mason ability of talking. From your accusation, the fact that your alignment was unconfirmed is obvious.

So, in other words, we learned nothing, you made a claim without anything, it's changed nothing and more time is wasted.

RVS is in no way inherently beneficial to the town. To are arguing that any stance (soft or hard) against it is scummy by virtue of this assumption which is a poor assumption to make. RVS is just a natural part of the early game, but it is by no means pro-town, nor necessary. Some games start with more formal procedures, like RQS, certain types of claims, etc. RVS is pretty value neutral, it springboards discussion but good mafia can tailor the focus to their needs in many situations. Claiming RVS is inherently pro-town is just plain naive.

Activity and discussion is inherently pro-town, and anything that acts as a springboard for activity is pro-town, because without it, the town cannot catch scum.

Sure, go ahead, call it fluff if you want, but it's not, at all. The fact that this is the depth of your analysis with regard to it means you're just trying to write off things you don't want to see or discuss as "fluff" to make the person look bad. Fair enough. You're earning my vote more and more with every post.

So... randomly joking about a person's name isn't fluff?

The awesomeness of my name and jokes related to it has no relevance to scumhunting, I suggest you concentrate on it.

Tunnel much?

Vult is dumb for claiming but I will confirm that we are in the same neighborhood.
Noted.

The fact that adum has said that vult is basically his solid lynch target for the day on the basis of "uselessness" and not scumminess despite him constantly calling for scumhunting just reeks of scum. Nice double standard thar.

Can we lynch adum soon?
Nice misrepresentation/tunneling, I said she's scum or useless, we can't be sure which (because being a useless townie IS a scum tell, in case you haven't realized this), here's our priorities for kills:

1. Scum
2. Useless/inactive players

We can't afford useless or inactive players in lylo, because one bad vote and it all goes down the drain. Of course finding scum is first priority, but for now, she's my lynch target unless somebody turns out to be more scummy.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Tbh, I think it's a BIT early for a lynch (not even everyone has posted yet)
It's the first day of toDay, we have like a week. Take your time.

Also, I don't think I want to see adumbrodeus go from what I've seen so far. What you guys are putting forward isn't strikingly convincing to me, and VR, I think you'd love to see him lynched and be very glad that attention turns to him. No wonder you wouldn't mind seeing him go.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Also, just saying Adum, being useless isn't a scumtell.
In all the games I've been in where we lynched useless/inactive players they turned out town 90% of the time. Being scum generally more interesting, so it would spark your interest, keeping you from being lynched.

I'd like to say though, that it's still a sign of being useless which hurts the town tremendously as well. It's anti-town, just not scum.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect

Also, I don't think I want to see adumbrodeus go from what I've seen so far. What you guys are putting forward isn't strikingly convincing to me, and VR, I think you'd love to see him lynched and be very glad that attention turns to him. No wonder you wouldn't mind seeing him go.
I was thinking the same thing if adum goes VR's attention will go down.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
So, in other words, we learned nothing, you made a claim without anything, it's changed nothing and more time is wasted.
Attemps like these to incriminate other players are absolutely ridiculous. So because we didn't learn the whole truth from his claim it's automatically useless and therefore scummy?

If you pretend to do genuine scumhunting you should at least try to be convincing.

Activity and discussion is inherently pro-town, and anything that acts as a springboard for activity is pro-town, because without it, the town cannot catch scum.
That doesn't mean much. Scum can be active and play a solid pro-town game, especially on D1 where their advantage in terms of knowledge (mafia knows who is town and who is mafia) really helps them to look credible.

That lynch would be pretty legit even this early. All his attempts to attack other players are very weak and / or based on stereotypes ("scum does ____," and "town does____") and are clear signs of pseudo scumhunting. Picking the easiest targets for bad reasons ... now that's whatI consider a scumtell.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
That lynch would be pretty legit even this early. All his attempts to attack other players are very weak and / or based on stereotypes ("scum does ____," and "town does____") and are clear signs of pseudo scumhunting. Picking the easiest targets for bad reasons ... now that's whatI consider a scumtell.

I think your pushing for a lynch too early, Without most of the other players it seems like an idiotic and impulsive action. D1 is the most important day, try to string it out the most you can.

Top Bottom