• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Code Geass Mafia: OVAH

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
His lynch would still be legit. Some players didn't post yet. His posts are unbearable nonetheless.

:059:

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
I'm familiar with "neighbors" as another term for unconfirmed mason
Ok good. So you clearly understood what I was claiming.

Then why did you say this:
you just essentially did claim mason.
Why why why?

-

you made a claim without anything, it's changed nothing and more time is wasted.
I CLAIMED because people were incessantly telling my to explain my Frozen vote or be lynched despite my assuring that I would explain it later on. And I couldn't do such without claiming my role.

-

I was thinking the same thing if adum goes VR's attention will go down.
No way!

I guess I shouldn't suspect anyone! Heaven forbid someone other than I is on the radar!

But seriously folks. Can we read what I say rather than dismissing it as OMGUS? It's not. Trust me.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
your handsome co-mod here

vote count
blue yoshi (1) - blue yoshi
vult redux (2) - overswarm, gustave
adumbrodeus (2) - frozenflame751, gheb_01
-rei- (3) - sephiroths masamune, vult redux, adumbrodeus
sworddancer. (1) - -rei-

not voting (6) - xonar, sworddancer., summonerau, kevinm, dark_ermac, meta-kirby

Deadline is last second of 5/23 EST
With 15 alive it takes 8 to lynch

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
If so why did you word it that way? Why force a claim out of yourself?
I wasn't thinking ahead.

Well, kind of. I wanted people to talk about it... to spur some real discussion, but I certainly didn't want to or expect it to snowball the way it did.

In that sense it really is a fault on my part.

Why did you vote for your neighbor anyways?
I want to hold off on this. I may come back to it later, but it's not important now particularly when he's giving me Town vibes at the moment; sorry.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I wasn't thinking ahead.

Well, kind of. I wanted people to talk about it... to spur some real discussion, but I certainly didn't want to or expect it to snowball the way it did.

In that sense it really is a fault on my part.

I want to hold off on this. I may come back to it later, but it's not important now particularly when he's giving me Town vibes at the moment; sorry.
This only makes you look worse, you just said that you are useless confirming what adum said.

Why aren't you going to tell me why you voted for him, it just makes you look bad.

@Gheb 01 does this post affect your stance at all?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
What do you mean "does it affect your stance"? At this point I have no reason to believe that VR is scum.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Ussually when your suspicious of someone you place a FoS Finger of Suspicion.

Example FoS: VR
I never feel as if fingers actually bring any pressure. Votes feel a lot heavier.
Why I found Vult suspicious was because of the saying oh it will come later, but now, after his claim, I understand why he did that, so it takes my suspicion of him.
unvote

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Gustave, I find that your recent posts about not supporting a lynch weird. Nobody is really within lynching range really. I don't recall you saying these things when Vult was much closer to being lynched. It makes me wonder if you're trying to prevent pressure building up on particular people/giving a reason to not vote them until much later on into the day.

Dark_Ermac

Smash Apprentice
Oh ****, I leave for one day and this thread explodes.

At this rate I'll never fully reread it!

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Sephiroth, I think it's pretty clear Vult knew it would make him look bad. The question I think you should be asking yourself is "Why would scum go out of their way to make themselves look bad after being focused on so much?"

Also, forgot my vote Vote: Gustave

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Sephiroth, I think it's pretty clear Vult knew it would make him look bad. The question I think you should be asking yourself is "Why would scum go out of their way to make themselves look bad after being focused on so much?"

Also, forgot my vote Vote: Gustave
I think to throw confusion onto the town, and it's working. I still stand by my statement about Rei.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
I think you're wrong then :)

Well then, get Rei to say more things so you can get more on him/her. Just because you think someone is scum doesn't mean everyone will agree with you. Keep stuffing more and more things on Rei until they agree with you.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Ok good. So you clearly understood what I was claiming.

Then why did you say this:

Why why why?
I said I have an immediate familiarity with "neighbors", not "neighborhood".

So I assumed that you were claiming unconfirmed masons (no mention of allegiance, so unconfirmed).

Which is another name for neighbors.

Which is what you are claiming.

What's the problem?

I CLAIMED because people were incessantly telling my to explain my Frozen vote or be lynched despite my assuring that I would explain it later on. And I couldn't do such without claiming my role.
You said this:

I didn't vote him because he's my neighbor. Something he said gave me eeeeeh-vibes, so I voted him in a way that would get people to talk about it.

But I changed my mind on him and I won't be going further detail unless something changes later.
My question is "what gave you those vibes"?

If you answered that in the beginning there would be no need to claim.

Absolutely not.
What?

Confusing town about your allegiance is asking for a mis-lynch.

What confuses town and what not is already extremely vague. The actions of a townie can confuse other townies without any (bad) intentions. If you lack knowledge confusion is inevitable.
But acting to purposefully confuse town about a topic irrelevant to scumhunting is just asking for mislynches.

Mafia claiming that: Town thinks mafia, LYNCH!

Town claiming that: Mafia thinks powerrole, town thinks mafia, NK/LYNCH.

Obviously there are possible reasons, but generally it isn't effective.

Can we lynch this guy please?

Vote: adumbrodeus

So, you quote tons of material, and don't explain how it's scummy AT ALL, and then call for a lynch.

Benefit of the doubt, explain it.

Also, just saying Adum, being useless isn't a scumtell.
In all the games I've been in where we lynched useless/inactive players they turned out town 90% of the time. Being scum generally more interesting, so it would spark your interest, keeping you from being lynched.

I'd like to say though, that it's still a sign of being useless which hurts the town tremendously as well. It's anti-town, just not scum.
Scum benefit from anti-town actions, so anti-town actions mean somebody is more likely to be scum.

The nice thing about useless players and inactives is that them being in the game is anti-town, so if we lynch then and they flips scum, awesome. If we lynch them and they flip town, it's still one less wasted seat.

This is especially important in lylo.

Attemps like these to incriminate other players are absolutely ridiculous. So because we didn't learn the whole truth from his claim it's automatically useless and therefore scummy?

If you pretend to do genuine scumhunting you should at least try to be convincing.
Completely misrepresenting the situation = not scummy at all right?

My annoyance was at the semantic difference that he/she applied to unconfirmed masons vs. neighborhood, I just put what was claimed in layman's terms and VR acted like I tried to lie about her claim.

That doesn't mean much. Scum can be active and play a solid pro-town game, especially on D1 where their advantage in terms of knowledge (mafia knows who is town and who is mafia) really helps them to look credible.
Yet at the same time, the only way for town to know what scum is doing is be active, because the more activity happens, the greater the chance for scum to slip up.

That lynch would be pretty legit even this early. All his attempts to attack other players are very weak and / or based on stereotypes ("scum does ____," and "town does____") and are clear signs of pseudo scumhunting. Picking the easiest targets for bad reasons ... now that's whatI consider a scumtell.

Yay for tunneling, my scum-senses are tingeling.

His lynch would still be legit. Some players didn't post yet. His posts are unbearable nonetheless.

You support a DAY 1 FIRST RL DAY QUICKLYNCH!

Unvote

Vote: Gheb_01

How obvious you gotta make it? Seriously.

Soft-pushing for inactivity, pushing for a quicklynch on the first day the thread is open, crazy tunneling... are you just trying to get lynched?

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
They aren't very useful during the beginning stages of the game. But latter when a vote can make or break a game, or when you have a vote on someone but you also want to point someone out is when they are useful.
Well yea, I thought this was fairly obvious that you can't throw around votes in lategame.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
B]i changed my vote since everyone was focusing on vr and he stated a lot of info that could help the town out. since he was being pressured, i felt there was no need to pressure him more and try to get an inactive person out. [/B]

like i said the more info out the better. that's why i will answer whatever.

my previous post
He states that he wants to pressure someone else.

that's true, but it just felt weird that vr was causing confusion on the town so early.

adding more pressure has some help

yes i could have voted someone else. but then i would have to wait for him to respond and i'm not sure how long that would take.
Then not too long after he says he wasn't sure how long it would take for an inactive person would take to respond. Clearly contradicting himself.

And this decision wasn't after a while where he felt he could let go of the pressure, it was almost instantaneous.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
I said I have an immediate familiarity with "neighbors", not "neighborhood".

So I assumed that you were claiming unconfirmed masons (no mention of allegiance, so unconfirmed).

Which is another name for neighbors.

Which is what you are claiming.

What's the problem?
Masons = confirmed; Neighbors = not confirmed.

I honestly have no idea how you can't correlate Neighbors and Neighborhood. :|

You started talking about Masons out of nowhere when I'd said nothing of it at all. Made me think you:

Are Scum and know that the Neighbor Group has no Scum, thus banked on the assumption that we knew that we're confirmed and are actually Masons and not Neighbors. So you tried to fish that information out of me.

BUT. When you describe that you're referring specifically to the term "Unconfirmed Masons" [which is a terrible role name. It's "Neighbors" and "Masons". Adjectives added to the front of them are silly; but that's a debate for another day], it's more plausible that this is miscommunication as opposed to you being sneaky.

I still think you're scummy though...

My question is "what gave you those vibes"?

If you answered that in the beginning there would be no need to claim.
No.

I have to say that I can communicate with him privately in order to tell you what he said to be privately that I thought was worth pursuing.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect

You started talking about Masons out of nowhere when I'd said nothing of it at all. Made me think you:

Are Scum and know that the Neighbor Group has no Scum, thus banked on the assumption that we knew that we're confirmed and are actually Masons and not Neighbors. So you tried to fish that information out of me.

BUT. When you describe that you're referring specifically to the term "Unconfirmed Masons" [which is a terrible role name. It's "Neighbors" and "Masons". Adjectives added to the front of them are silly; but that's a debate for another day], it's more plausible that this is miscommunication as opposed to you being sneaky.

No.

I have to say that I can communicate with him privately in order to tell you what he said to be privately that I thought was worth pursuing.
You already claimed. -_- don't pretend you didn't.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend

Neighbors is a sub-division of mason, so if I wanna say, "you're telling us you can communicate privately, but you're not saying that there's any alignment confirmation of any type", so I go to the most general version, "masons" of which everything else is a sub-type.

As far as neighbors vs. neighborhood, remember, this is an extended game. Neighbors are a specific type of mason group, and we don't know if the group you're claiming fits this mold. For example, I ran into a mason group that had a 1-shot vig if they all voted to do it in night. Hence, all we know is that it's a mason group of some type.

Regardless, you know that I've got the concept of what you claimed (which you should've realized early on), nothing useful was produced out of you calling me out on that...

No.

Ok, and now you've said something useful, and now your claim makes sense (ridiculously premature, but makes sense).

So, what did he say?

Top Bottom