• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Code Geass Mafia: OVAH

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
vote count

blue yoshi (1) - gheb_01
gheb_01 (1) - blue yoshii
overswarm (1) - summonerau
meta-kirby (4) - exn sworddancer. adumbrodeus kevinm

not voting (6) - meta-kirby overswarm sephiroths masamune -rei- rockin dark_ermac

with 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch!
deadline is the last second of 6/6 est!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
blue yoshi (1) - rockin
sworddancer. (1) exn
vult redux (4) - blue yoshi, Sephiroths Masamune, Overswarm, Dark_ermac
dark_ermac (1) - gheb_01
sephiroths masamune (7) - kevinm, summonerau, Frozenflame751, sworddancer, -rei-, Vult Redux,, adumbrodeus

not voting (3) - meta-kirby

----
compared to
----

blue yoshi (1) - gheb_01
gheb_01 (1) - blue yoshii
overswarm (1) - summonerau
meta-kirby (4) - exn sworddancer. adumbrodeus kevinm

not voting (6) - meta-kirby overswarm sephiroths masamune -rei- rockin dark_ermac

For reference.

M.K

Level 55
Has Meta Kirby done anything useful at all this game?

Vote: Meta Kirby

(L-2)
Hah, the real question is, have you?
Everytime you enter this game, you give yourself an excuse to out yourself from the game. The only reason you're able to say something like this now is because you're in the safety of a wagon.
Sorry that I've been inactive guys. The Senior class at my high school just graduated yesterday and I've been to practice after practice helping (Honor Marshall). When I get the chance, I'm going to write up a case on Blue Yoshi because I feel he really is the epitome of someone who has not contributed to this game besides hopping on and off wagons.
Please don't lynch me before this can happen >_> It's coming soon.

M.K

Level 55
Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd screw Smashboard's broken search . I'm not going to link to specific posts; that will take WAY too long.

Anyways, Blue Yoshi's first act is to vote for himself. Apparently this is some gimmick of his that happens every game or something, but let's look further; it takes him the majority of Day 1 (he is absent Pages 3/4-10) to actually unvote himself and hop on the current wagon. Each of his posts near the end of D1 ended with "I'm going to (insert location/event) and I won't be around for (insert time here)". Within these time limits, major decisions were made without Blue Yoshi. I feel like this is a scum tell; for what purpose do you have jumping in and out of the game like this if lynching is town's biggest weapon. What benefit does this have for Blue Yoshi to miss out deciding things like this?
As you can see from his D2 play, he simply hops on and off bandwagons of people who are being wagoned. It's funny, really, because nobody sees it until the end of game when you're like "Oh, yeah, he did that and got away with it".
He's coasting with no pressure and it's sickening. His votes do not reflect any sort of his own opinions.

And about ME not voting Seph: REALLY? FFS, if you really want to see what he freaking flips, lynch him tonight. I'm sorry that I didn't vote Seph, but I'm not going to whine about it, because he's playing JUST like town Seph. And congratulations, you have a bunch of threads and statistics supporting a D1 lynch in favor of a lynch. There were several problems with that:
1) You presented them during Twlilight. Really? >_> If you wanted them to be taken seriously/into consideration, you probably should've posted them earlier Adum. In any case, it's like presenting a photo of the killer after a "Not Guilty" verdict in court.
2) I don't believe this game is one of statistics. If there are really "x" many outcomes to "y" decisions, games would not end in certain circumstances like they do. It's not my opinion that actions can be 100% classified as "town-win" or "scum-win" actions until MyLo or LyLo.
I didn't vote for Seph because he's giving me a town vibe. I'm sorry that you disagree, but it's not something to jump on my case about.

This would be alot more detailed, but Smashboards' search is down and this overall pressure pisses me off.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
@Metakirby: Stop ignoring this argument:

2. We're not talking about Seph, here, we're talking about Vult. My problem with you is that you stated that you would be fine getting rid of Vult, WHILE there was a bandwagon on Vult, and didn't act upon it.
I don't care that you didn't jump on the Seph wagon. I DO care that you didn't jump on VULT'S wagon. NOT SEPH. Please get it through your skull that I'm not accusing you for not jumping on Seph's wagon.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Just in case I'm missing something, what exactly is scummy about a player not jumping on a town player's wagon? Isn't it LESS likely for them to be scum when they have an opportunity to kill someone and they don't? I don't think anyone would have really cared if Vult died; he was a popular target.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Gheb, could you make a special effort just for me? What do you think we should be discussing right now? How do you feel about OS and Rei?
I think we should discuss stuff like people sheeping like the easiest wagon ever (Meta) when like 5 people deserve death badly. I can deal with a Sworddancer, Blue Yoshi, Ermac, Rockin and Adum lynch and I wouldn't feel bad about any of them being gone.

I don't see why people waste their time going after obvtown like Vult D1 or Seph toDay.

Has Meta Kirby done anything useful at all this game?

Vote: Meta Kirby

(L-2)
Ughghghgh can somebody please kill this guy? Ughghghghgh

Just in case I'm missing something, what exactly is scummy about a player not jumping on a town player's wagon? Isn't it LESS likely for them to be scum when they have an opportunity to kill someone and they don't? I don't think anyone would have really cared if Vult died; he was a popular target.
That's some massive WIFOM. Not going after a doomed townie = easy way for scum to look credible later. It's easy for a mafiosi - somebody who knows the rest of the mafia - to say "hey XY is town" when he already knows. Huge reasons why contradictions aren't scumtells. It's easier for scum to be consistent.

:059:

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Because by not taking action he helped lead to a no lynch. I do believe that scum would rather have a no lynch Day 1 than a lynch, since no lynching Day 1 is almost always worse for town than a mislynch (which it would of been).

I'm annoyed that MK came in late into the Day, said that he was willing to get rid of several players (of them Vult included) while there was a wagon on Vult and didn't actually take any action to back up his opinion. If he were town, then there is no way of him knowing that Vult was town. However, if he were scum, then he would know Vult to be town. It shows to me that he isn't actually trying to catch scum, and shows that he is uncaring towards the purpose of the town.

Him defending himself against an accusation that I didn't even make also isn't helping.

M.K

Level 55
@Metakirby: Stop ignoring this argument:

I don't care that you didn't jump on the Seph wagon. I DO care that you didn't jump on VULT'S wagon. NOT SEPH. Please get it through your skull that I'm not accusing you for not jumping on Seph's wagon.
Like I've said in response to that argument, I didn't believe that enough players would have been likely to switch their own lynch candidate to Vult. As you can plainly see, I was the only person not to vote D1. I'm confident when I say that I didn't believe anyone would see sufficient evidence to switch to Vult, so I didn't vote.

I don't deserve to die when there are some really ****ing useless people in this game. It's just the fact that two or three people have legit suspicions that I've addressed, and then the other 3-4 useless folk have jumped on like leeches. It's annoying, but I don't really know what you want me to say.
If you are THIS concerned about Seph's alignment, KILL HIM ASAP. I don't understand why you're so bent-out-of-shape that I think he's town. You're placing your trust in a gambit that may or may not be true; and in my eyes, it's most likely not true that Seph is scum.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
First of all, we don't know if the 2nd kill was either an SK or a Vig, so any of the sort remains moot till proven.

2nd of all, A tracker can't tell whether the said person attacked or whatever. All they'll know is that they've went from point A to point B (and C, if possible).

I agree that Rei should share the information. It may point out to who was responsible for the kill.
From a game so active I was unable to keep up in reading day 1 to a game so slow, half the time I come here there's nothing new to read... did people just lose interest, or... well, what?

Rei, depending on who you tracked... the info could be very beneficial to town. If you tracked someone, and it turned out to be the mafia that did the night-kill (I assume you would have been told who your tracker victim attacked), then tell us who it is, and we instantly get a confirmed town. Though that said... there were two deaths (vig second?)... so revealing the vig (assuming the second kill was a vig) may backfire...

So... yeah... if your info can greatly benefit town... I think it would be a good idea to reveal it... though... that said, don't reveal the vig (assuming the second kill was a vig).

sorry to disappoint you two but i am only going to reveal if it is an obvious connection to a kill

if it is another connection, for example x went to y and it did not result in a kill or x did nothing that night, i will not reveal it until i feel that person is in danger from being mislynched

i feel that i reveal something like either a vanilla or power role, it would allow scum to zone in and kill the power roles faster

M.K

Level 55
Meta why are you so obsessed with Seph. No body is talking about him. You are.
WTF?
That's the whole reason people are trying to lynch me. Because I didn't vote for Seph yesterday, I gave up the opportunity to potentially kill scum. >_>
Did you really just say that?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
No the reason why is because you didn't vote for Vult. In case you didn't know, those are two completely different people.

M.K

Level 55
No the reason why is because you didn't vote for Vult. In case you didn't know, those are two completely different people.
Which I addressed.
Please stop accusing me of things I've not done when I've done them.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Anyways, Blue Yoshi's first act is to vote for himself. Apparently this is some gimmick of his that happens every game or something, but let's look further; it takes him the majority of Day 1 (he is absent Pages 3/4-10) to actually unvote himself and hop on the current wagon.
Ok... so... apparently what I do every single game is scummy now? Every game, my first post is a self-vote, and I keep it on myself as long as possible (usually while taking part in discussion like normal). However...

Each of his posts near the end of D1 ended with "I'm going to (insert location/event) and I won't be around for (insert time here)". Within these time limits, major decisions were made without Blue Yoshi. I feel like this is a scum tell; for what purpose do you have jumping in and out of the game like this if lynching is town's biggest weapon. What benefit does this have for Blue Yoshi to miss out deciding things like this?
I said this before, and I'll say it again: Real life comes before mafia. If that results in me getting lynched, then... well, mafia's low on my priority list.

Anyways, almost all of day 1, I was really busy (often unable to post for long periods of time). There was nothing I could do about it. I have much more free time now, so I am able to contribute more.

But yeah... day 1, I was absolutely useless, but not anymore now that I have the time.

As you can see from his D2 play, he simply hops on and off bandwagons of people who are being wagoned. It's funny, really, because nobody sees it until the end of game when you're like "Oh, yeah, he did that and got away with it".
So... apparently I've been hopping on wagons all day. So far today, I voted for Gheb (he had no votes on him at the time... and I don't think anyone ever did vote for him except me). Then I voted for you. So the only wagon I joined was yours. So... you say I've been hopping wagons all day... have you been paying any attention at all today (or that said, have you been paying any attention at all this game?)

He's coasting with no pressure and it's sickening. His votes do not reflect any sort of his own opinions.
So... apparently my vote on Gheb was not my own opinion even though I was the only person who voted for him...

This would be alot more detailed, but Smashboards' search is down and this overall pressure pisses me off.
Yeah, it's a pity you can't disprove your own statements with quotes from my own posts... since had you quoted, you would have proven lots of what you said to be false.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Vote: SAU

I'm still angry about how you jumped on my wagon without reason yesterday, and then how produced a horrible statement of why you did vote for me.

This was obvious band wagoning.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Ok with a BY wagon reading his last few posts.

God ****.

Scum or Dumb definitely and at this point the scum is leaking out his ears.

Vote BY

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Bleh, was finally able to reread.

I'm disliking how Overswarm is contributing, which half to most has been based on flavor or game mechanics (at least, that's what it seems like). Yes, he'll talk about who he'll find people he's suspicious of, but other then that, it'll go right back to 'who's not in a neighborhood' or whatever.

Disliking how Meta-kirby is handling pressure placed on him. If you know you either effed up on something or didn't vote for someone that you felt was scum, that's your fault.

I was hoping for Ermac to post more, but sadly that didn't happen. If we ever come to the conclusion of voting an inactive, I'm going with Dark Ermac.

Blue Yoshi - No johns. When you play Mafia, you must treat this game as a commitment. Yeah, we understand life can get in the way, but if you feel your daily life is more important then Mafia, then you shouldn't be playing one in the first place. >_>

Swords or OS has to go.

Btw your line of questions doesn't really serve any purposes to me swords, it's super stretching.
Didn't you have a dislike for Adum? What changed that (if it did), and why do you want OS lynched?

sorry to disappoint you two but i am only going to reveal if it is an obvious connection to a kill

if it is another connection, for example x went to y and it did not result in a kill or x did nothing that night, i will not reveal it until i feel that person is in danger from being mislynched

i feel that i reveal something like either a vanilla or power role, it would allow scum to zone in and kill the power roles faster
Alright, fair enough.

WTF?
That's the whole reason people are trying to lynch me. Because I didn't vote for Seph yesterday, I gave up the opportunity to potentially kill scum. >_>
Did you really just say that?
There's more to it then just that. You didn't take a stance on anyone you wanted lynched (and even though you vocally said you wanted Vult lynched, you didn't vote for him, at all. why scared?).

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I think Adum is awful but I'm getting scummy vibes from other places.

That's more important then just awful town.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Blue Yoshi - No johns. When you play Mafia, you must treat this game as a commitment. Yeah, we understand life can get in the way, but if you feel your daily life is more important then Mafia, then you shouldn't be playing one in the first place. >_>
Uh...

if you feel your daily life is more important then Mafia, then you shouldn't be playing one in the first place. >_>
Wow...

Seriously dude... some people actually do have a life. I'm sure most, if not all of the people here would easily pick "daily life" over a mafia game.

Not trying to offend anyone in this post... it's just that the quoted post really disturbed me. If I have to put my daily life aside for this game, then I'll replace out (I'm not replacing out... but just posting that to make a point).

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Wow...

Seriously dude... some people actually do have a life. I'm sure most, if not all of the people here would easily pick "daily life" over a mafia game.

Not trying to offend anyone in this post... it's just that the quoted post really disturbed me. If I have to put my daily life aside for this game, then I'll replace out (I'm not replacing out... but just posting that to make a point).
Again, I understand that. Everyone has a life. I work. Overswarm works. some people have school. That's fine and dandy.

The main point I'm saying is that if you feel your usual life style is taking up too much of your time, then I'm just saying that you shouldn't be playing the Mafia game. I'm not saying to quit all of/any of your daily activities. I'm just saying if you feel you can't commit to a game, then you shouldn't be playing one. And I'm speaking this in a 'remember in the future' sense.

You can't expect to constantly do what you did in D1: say little stuff here and there and make a john saying you have this and that to do.

That's all I'm saying.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I think we should discuss stuff like people sheeping like the easiest wagon ever (Meta) when like 5 people deserve death badly. I can deal with a Sworddancer, Blue Yoshi, Ermac, Rockin and Adum lynch and I wouldn't feel bad about any of them being gone.
I'm guessing me, Ermac, and Blue Yoshi are in your list cause we're proving to be wortless, right? (Can't blame you on that regard... >_>)

Sworddancer, why are you having a hard time believing Gheb is town?

Summoner, Adum, Gheb - how do you feel about D1 and D2 in general thus far?

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
D1 so far has use information mixed in with a lot of other stuff. D2, I think could have started better and a few people have grown less vocal.

Overswarm, why didn't you call me on "Why don't you talk to your neighbours right now?"

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
D1 was a worthless piece of garbage ****fest with lots of tunneling the wrong guys. D2 is stalling as a consequence.

@Kevin

Alliance?

:059:

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Overswarm, are you against posting something in your quick topic during the day?

Nobody else but OS please.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Arg, thought I posted that I'm V/LA here, I guess I only did it in the backroom thread one.

Left my laptop power cord at Pierce's place during a smashfest, without my laptop available my access is very limited.

Summoner, Adum, Gheb - how do you feel about D1 and D2 in general thus far?
D1 had information, but the lack of at least an informative lynch severly handicapped it's usefulness.

D2 is just stalled.

And about ME not voting Seph: REALLY? FFS, if you really want to see what he freaking flips, lynch him tonight. I'm sorry that I didn't vote Seph, but I'm not going to whine about it, because he's playing JUST like town Seph. And congratulations, you have a bunch of threads and statistics supporting a D1 lynch in favor of a lynch. There were several problems with that:
1) You presented them during Twlilight. Really? >_> If you wanted them to be taken seriously/into consideration, you probably should've posted them earlier Adum. In any case, it's like presenting a photo of the killer after a "Not Guilty" verdict in court.
2) I don't believe this game is one of statistics. If there are really "x" many outcomes to "y" decisions, games would not end in certain circumstances like they do. It's not my opinion that actions can be 100% classified as "town-win" or "scum-win" actions until MyLo or LyLo.
I didn't vote for Seph because he's giving me a town vibe. I'm sorry that you disagree, but it's not something to jump on my case about.

I don't care about this.

You are being addressed about not voting for Vult, not supporting the Seph lynch.

TWO more people would have had to have sufficient evidence to switch their vote to someone else.
This is NOT sufficient.

Two other people is EASILY in lynchable range.

I ask you again, why didn't you vote?

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Hey Overswarm, I don't actually think you know that you can't post in the quick topic during the day. You would have called me on it sooner.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
I think a scum buddy just remembered it and told you then. I don't think anyone would have left it so late to vote someone asking them to post in it during the day.

(inb4 "why would you say that" it's already been said in the thread)

Top Bottom