• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Code Geass Mafia: OVAH

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
All of those answers aside from vig is Rei, vig I wouls think about a little.
I really don't get this sentence, can you clarify it?

Overswarm, if I had information in my quick topic that told me that you got a result of being not town out of town/not town, what would you suggest the information is?
It'sokay OS, I was only seeing how you'd jump.
Uh... do you have any info on him, or was that all made up?

Actually, reading the rest of your 895 again, can you answer my question above? I have a few suspicions, and answering this may confirm or deny some of them.

I was referring to both Vult and Seph, since opinions on those two were pretty split. It seemed that everyone was either gunning for Vult or Seph, and if you were gunning for one then you thought the other was town. I just find it odd how Gheb is able to pick up a town read on both of them, while almost everyone found at least one of them scummy. Yes it was an overstatement, but the point still stands.
This post bothers me...

You state that if someone is voting for one person, then they think the other is town. This isn't necessarily the case. They may think both are scummy and worth a lynch, but just think one is more worth lynching than the other. I'm sure many people on the Seph wagon thought (at the time) that vult was also scummy.

I don't know why exactly, but there's something about this post that really bothers me...

[too lazy to quote meta kirby's posts]

You should have at least voted for vult. Nothing lost in voting, even if it doesn't go anywhere. A vote is (usually) better than no vote.

Anyways, I've got to get ready for work. I may post again before I leave.

Right now, my suspicions are on summoner, OS, Sword, and Gheb, and Meta Kirby, in no particular order.

Summoner, can you answer my question please?

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
vote count

blue yoshi (1) - gheb_01
gheb_01 (1) - blue yoshii
overswarm (1) - summonerau
meta-kirby (2) - exn sworddancer.

not voting (8) - meta-kirby overswarm sephiroths masamune adumbrodeus -rei- rockin kevinm dark_ermac

with 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch!
deadline is the last second of 6/6 est!

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
It was made up BY.
I was trying to say with that "I think the mafia would have tried to have killed Rei"

Kevin, I wanted to see if OS would do something silly like claim indy or something. Seems like a silly idea in hindsight.

OS, did you know I was in the neighbourhood with Frozen/Vult D1?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
OS, did you know I was in the neighbourhood with Frozen/Vult D1?
Nope .

Kevin, I wanted to see if OS would do something silly like claim indy or something. Seems like a silly idea in hindsight.
You basically just pulled a Vult.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Not sure. I think I was actually just asking Sworddancer and typed your name. Did you respond to this at all? I can't find what I'm referencing.

Regardless, it's D2. My Night Actions would have to be done after posting that comment.

Assume I'm scum, and I somehow know that you were in the neighborhood.

If there are only three people in your neighborhood (Summoner, Vult, Flame) and Flame/Vult showed up Town, the only way I could know who was in your neighborhood is if you were scum and told me and this was just you bussing me.

If I have investigative abilities, I'd have to use them AFTER D1.

I'm unsure how many neighborhoods there are, but there are three people in my neighborhood and if there were three in yours and there are 15 players (assume 3 scum?), it'd be pretty good odds to have at least one scum per neighborhood.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
I didn't respond (I actually quoted it properly just so you could click the blue thing next to you name to see which post it is).

Aataully no Overswarm, Vult/Frozen was confirmed in this thread and your post (the one I just quoted) makes me think you knew I was in the neighbourhood with them.

Yes I am.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Also why do you say "without consiquence"? why would there be no consequence for lynching you?
Because almost everyone was pushing for my lynch, I hardly feel as if anyone would be mad if someone hammered me at the last second.

On another note. I think there is a mafia in each neighborhood, the only way we could assure this is if we lynched SAU today, but I hardly think this is grounds for a lynch.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'm wondering who is not Britannian.

And there are 15 players. If each neighborhood has 3 members in it, that'd be 5 mafia. Unlikely.

Dark_Ermac

Smash Apprentice
I'm wondering who is not Britannian.

And there are 15 players. If each neighborhood has 3 members in it, that'd be 5 mafia. Unlikely.
Just because there's 5 neighborhoods doesn't mean that all of them contain mafia.

M.K

Level 55
It's not like that OS.
It's rather complicated. They are basically all enemies to each other. I remember watching a few episodes where the Brittanians battled the Japanese. Oh, and that Princess Euphemia that was just killed? Yeah, she basically murdered a Colosseum of people.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Well, I'm a Brittanian and I'm town. Two others were town. Summoner was in the same neighborhood. I'd really like to see him killed simply to prove whether or not he's Britannian, but I'm inclined to believe his claim for now.

Based on a flavor/design thought process, we have a few things that are close to being determined:

1. That each neighborhood has an anti-town member in it.

This is possible. 3 mafia, 2 independents? Not unheard of.

2. That Britannians are town

So far 100% true for me, and is 3 for 3. (myself and two dead)

If this is the case a flavor cop would be useful.

3. That everyone is in a neighborhood

Still not confirmed, btw.

Is anyone in this game NOT a Brit?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Well, I'm a Brittanian and I'm town. Two others were town. Summoner was in the same neighborhood. I'd really like to see him killed simply to prove whether or not he's Britannian, but I'm inclined to believe his claim for now.

Based on a flavor/design thought process, we have a few things that are close to being determined:

2. That Britannians are town
As Meta said, it is more complicated then that. The main character and the main opposition to the Brittanians in the show was a Brittanian himself.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
This game is ********. You all refuse to listen to reason. You talk about game mechanics that don't help us to find scum.

You guys can talk it out. I'm going to coast like Rockin, -Rei-, Sworddancer etc. Have fun.

:059:

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Hmm. . . I don't like discussing flavor too much. At this point I am more willing to believe that the Britannias are the town, but I'm not quite sure.

It's not like that OS.
It's rather complicated. They are basically all enemies to each other. I remember watching a few episodes where the Brittanians battled the Japanese. Oh, and that Princess Euphemia that was just killed? Yeah, she basically murdered a Colosseum of people.
IIRC, she was not willing, though. She was accidentally put under control by to do it. She wanted to help that Colosseum of people.

The Brittannias were, for the most part, the bad guys in Code Geass. There are some exceptions, though. Vult's character, Euphemia, was definitely a good guy. However, Frozen's character, Clovis, was a bad guy.

So since we have one "good" Britannia confirmed town and one "bad" (like most of them are) Britannia confirmed town I'm more willing to believe that the Britannias are town. Still, though, I'm sure that there could be exceptions, so I'm not totally going to believe that all Britannia claims.

OS do you usually discuss flavor like this? I lurked the Dragon Ball Z thread and it kinda looked like you did the same thing.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
TWO more people would have had to have sufficient evidence to switch their vote to someone else.
To lynch town, might I add.
See, now you're just utilizing hindsight bias. You wouldn't have changed your vote at the time, but you're just saying you would now to make me look suspicious for not lynching someone who I believe very strongly to be town. I saw similar town Seph in Smash Bros. Mafia, and I brought him up because YOU were the one who brought up why I didn't vote.
And god, please spell my name right. I'm not made of meat.
1. Yes, I would of. If you go back and read the convo before the end of the Day, you will see that I said I was fine with either a Vult or Seph lynch.

2. We're not talking about Seph, here, we're talking about Vult. My problem with you is that you stated that you would be fine getting rid of Vult, WHILE there was a bandwagon on Vult, and didn't act upon it.

3. Jeez, sorry. <_< unvote: meat kirby vote: meta kirby

Overswarm

is laughing at you
OS do you usually discuss flavor like this? I lurked the Dragon Ball Z thread and it kinda looked like you did the same thing.
Flavor discussion is a funny thing. To vanilla town it looks useless. To mafia, it looks useful and you can often see them manipulating the flavor discussion.

More importantly, mods often don't quite think things through all the way. Sometimes it is deliberate, sometimes not, but often you can catch mistakes a mod makes in a themed game that just gives away every single mafia member.

For example: we don't know if everyone is in a neighborhood right now. It is possible that all of the mafia members are NOT in a neighborhood. If this is the case, we could have all claimed our neighborhoods D1 and then known exactly who the mafia members were... unless they claimed that they were in a neighborhood together, in which case it wouldn't take too much thought to kill the rest of that neighborhood.

This would just be an opening the moderator left us. Same thing with Brittannian's being town. If all the Britannians are town (I need to learn how to spell the Brit word) and he didn't give safe claims, it could be as simple as everyone character claiming to catch mafia.

I don't suggest we do either of the above things now, but at a later date (or if we get some heavy information), it is possible.

Gheb said:
You guys can talk it out. I'm going to coast like Rockin, -Rei-, Sworddancer etc. Have fun.
Didn't I get yelled at for wanting to kill inactives?

Meat Kirby:

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
This game is ********. You all refuse to listen to reason. You talk about game mechanics that don't help us to find scum.

:059:
You know I don't have fun doing that D:<

in anycase, I can't make a post right now cause I'm tired, but I will say quickly that flavor converse does not help capture scum any faster or whatsoever (least, I don't see it used in a positive way). Let's not forget Mega Mafia (where flavor convo actually screwed us over).

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
sorry i've been busy lately with classes since finals week is approaching

i asked jungle for a replacement but he hasn't got to me yet

i don't want to mess up the game by being inactive so i'll play until he replaces me

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
sorry i've been busy lately with classes since finals week is approaching

i asked jungle for a replacement but he hasn't got to me yet

i don't want to mess up the game by being inactive so i'll play until he replaces me
While I begin re-reading, could you tell us if you tracked anyone last night?

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
yeah, i tracked someone last night

i won't reveal who or if they had any activity until i feel it is safe to do so

i don't want mafia to have more information than necessary

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
zzz I get back after 2 days of not being at home and there's only 19 more posts?

THAT was the "scummy" thing? Why in the world didn't any of you post that?

Also, if anyone else was in a neighborhood with those players or SummonerAU, post now to confirm/debunk summoner's neighborhood claim plz.
Overswarm, why don't you ask your neighbours to say something particular to breadcrumb a future neighbourhood claim today?

Gheb, could you make a special effort just for me? What do you think we should be discussing right now? How do you feel about OS and Rei?

Rei, I think that you could say if they did anything or not without revealing who it is. Why do you think you didn't die last night and what makes you think you won't die tonight?

bleeeeeh

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
From a game so active I was unable to keep up in reading day 1 to a game so slow, half the time I come here there's nothing new to read... did people just lose interest, or... well, what?

Rei, depending on who you tracked... the info could be very beneficial to town. If you tracked someone, and it turned out to be the mafia that did the night-kill (I assume you would have been told who your tracker victim attacked), then tell us who it is, and we instantly get a confirmed town. Though that said... there were two deaths (vig second?)... so revealing the vig (assuming the second kill was a vig) may backfire...

So... yeah... if your info can greatly benefit town... I think it would be a good idea to reveal it... though... that said, don't reveal the vig (assuming the second kill was a vig).

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
From a game so active I was unable to keep up in reading day 1 to a game so slow, half the time I come here there's nothing new to read... did people just lose interest, or... well, what?

Rei, depending on who you tracked... the info could be very beneficial to town. If you tracked someone, and it turned out to be the mafia that did the night-kill (I assume you would have been told who your tracker victim attacked), then tell us who it is, and we instantly get a confirmed town. Though that said... there were two deaths (vig second?)... so revealing the vig (assuming the second kill was a vig) may backfire...

So... yeah... if your info can greatly benefit town... I think it would be a good idea to reveal it... though... that said, don't reveal the vig (assuming the second kill was a vig).
First of all, we don't know if the 2nd kill was either an SK or a Vig, so any of the sort remains moot till proven.

2nd of all, A tracker can't tell whether the said person attacked or whatever. All they'll know is that they've went from point A to point B (and C, if possible).

I agree that Rei should share the information. It may point out to who was responsible for the kill.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Firstly, ALL HAIL BRITANNIA! (on the national origin issue).

Now, Argh, what's with people and stupid gambits early in the day, I'm not liking summoner, but I see no benefit to continuing that particular conversation at this point.

Who wants a pressure vote now?

Vote: Meta Kirby

I called you out on this then, but why didn't you vote?

Fair enough that you didn't wanna lynch seph, but why didn't you at least vote for Vult, Vult was in lynchable range.

Hell, did you even have a vote out at all last game day, and what about scumhunting? I haven't seen... well anything out of you.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Meta still looking like a pretty good wagon to hop on.

Vote Meta-Kirby

This flavor hunting **** ain't gonna get us anywhere and I'm starting to get suspicious of all the people who continue to stall us out on it.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
vote count

blue yoshi (1) - gheb_01
gheb_01 (1) - blue yoshii
overswarm (1) - summonerau
meta-kirby (4) - exn sworddancer. adumbrodeus kevinm

not voting (6) - meta-kirby overswarm sephiroths masamune -rei- rockin dark_ermac

with 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch!
deadline is the last second of 6/6 est!

Top Bottom