• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Code Geass Mafia: OVAH

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
No, I'm voting you because you're pushing hard on inactives and the way you've been doing seems way too much for what I would expect. You're overdoing itand the way to try to convince Rockin to change his mind set me off. The way you worded those posts in particular mply that Ermac willl never change his behaviour. I think this is a scummy attitude.
I'm just looking at the facts with ermac, he hasn't posted anything useful, and has been inactive, I could see this as "oh a couple days wont matter," but its been about a week. I think this is a clear sign of coasting. I feel as if he's saying "I can sit back and never post again and expect no one to lynch me."

Moving on to your lack of suspects, I know that I personally have done the same thing as scum and had noone as suspicious late into D1. That was in a 9 man game. This game is bigger and has so many more posts. I can't really see how you wouldn't have little things on some people by now unless you were actually not interested in finding them.
As I said before, VR is the only scum read I had atm, and it was small enough that I didn't want to pursue it, especially when others are already doing it.

Now I think you are the most scummy, you jumped on my wagon with no reason to it, you can say all the things you want after the fact, but it doesn't change your actions.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
What you said before was that you have no leads. Not that you have no major leads. You then changed your mind in your last post after I pointed out I thought it was scummy.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Because I'm not prone to lynching anyone that's my neighbor without a legitimate reason to him being scummy. (Yes, I am confirming that me and Ermac are neighbors). Tis my main reason for giving Ermac a chance.

However, if D2 (assuming Mafia doesn't NK him) he doesn't approve, then I wouldn't mind considering him as a lynch canditate. >>
So you want to keep Ermac alive because you are his neighbor Even though you know that it has no effect on his allingment? Is that the only reason you'd keep him alive over Blue Yoshi?

Not saying that it's suspicious but I certainly don't agree.

:059:

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Gheb is definitely right, a vig should start shooting tonight if he exists (though, I'm of the school of thought that vig should shoot every night to maximize odds of killing all mafia).

Regardless, we have less then 40 hours (a little more then day and a half) until the game day ends, and for simple numerical reasons, we can't afford to miss a lynch.

As of right now, Vult is at top 2 lynch suspects for a lynch majority, and nobody else comes CLOSE, we simply don't have time to convince a better target, we all know activity slows down on the weekends.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
vote count

blue yoshi (1) - rockin
sworddancer. (4) - -rei-, vult redux, frozenflame751, exn
vult redux (3) - sworddancer., adumbrodeus, blue yoshi
dark_ermac (1) - gheb_01
sephiroths masamune (2) - kevinm, summonerau
summonerau (1) - sephiroths masamune
frozenflame751 (1) - overswarm

not voting (2) - meta-kirby, dark_ermac

deadline is last second of 5/23 est
with 15 alive it takes 8 to lynch

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Actually swords is obvioiusly a better lynch candidate since he has more votes, but Sephy is still the best lynch candidate.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
What you said before was that you have no leads. Not that you have no major leads. You then changed your mind in your last post after I pointed out I thought it was scummy.
I really don't have anyone suspicious in mind, other than VR and the inactive people.
Sephiroths Masamune= Vult, anyone inactive.
I have clearly stated time and time again that I think VR is scummy, so don't twist my words.

KevinM is always right.
Also, why aren't you worried about whatever reason Kevin voted you?
You contradicted yourself. You didn't know any of Kevin's reason's were for voting me, you just wanted to get on the band wagon.

unvote vote Frozen Flame
I just got on SAU's case for voting without evidence or reason, why would you do the exact same thing?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
At least he's using his vote. Sword, Blue Yoshi and Ermac aren't. Would lynch any of these guys over Seph toDay.

:059:

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
@Gheb:Yes I am. >_>

I want Vult lynched. I don't know abourt seph. though. I have to go to a party, now, I'll be back later tonight. If I'm toDay's lynch, then please don't lynch me until I at least defend myself.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
@Frozen: Your willing to keep an inactive until toMarrow under their word that they will be more active? Couldn't any inactive just say that, and thus get off good with you toDay? I mean, it seems like if you go by that logic, we could have a lot more inactives go into Day 2. Tell me, what makes Ermac a special case?

Also just so you know I'm only questioning you and not stating a view. I personally don't want to lynch an inactive Day 1 and I don't particularly care for Ermac's lynch as well.
If I were arguing against an Ermac lynch in terms of absolutes, then yeah technically and inactive could just come in and say "I promised to be more active tomorrow!" and "get off good with me" today.

But I wasn't arguing in terms of absolutes.

Ermac isn't a special case. He's been blatantly inactive. The reason I don't prefer for him to be lynched his because, as I've said multiple times, I personally (and I find it hard to believe that anyone else would) would be unable to learn almost anything from his flip. The fact that he has promised to step it up tomorrow puts him the spotlight when that time comes, and believe me when I say I won't be defending him at all tomorrow if he doesn't follow up.

I don't think I'm encouraging more inactives at all. If anything I think my stance should serve to motivate people to step it up tomorrow, otherwise they're gonna be scrutinized like crazy.

TBQH, I feel like you (sword) are an example of someone who was slightly inactive earlier and has been stepping it up, and as a result you have more connections that would help my reads if you were to be flipped.

But yeah, I'm getting a more townie read from Sword than Seph. Have been most of the game.

Adum & Seph >>>>>> Sword >>>>>> basically everyone else insofar as my lynch priority is concerned. I can definitely give the seph wagon some love.

Unvote: Sworddancer
Vote: Sephiroths Masamune

Overswarm

is laughing at you
TBQH, I feel like you (sword) are an example of someone who was slightly inactive earlier and has been stepping it up, and as a result you have more connections that would help my reads if you were to be flipped.
In other words, no one should post if they're scum because frozen flame will leave them alone. Genius.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
I'm not sure I really need to explain my case when I'm one of 8 people considering you a top 2 lynch target and you haven't read the thread. My vote stays.

Read up, post a defense.
unvote vote Frozen Flame
What changed?

Do you plan for this vote to reach a lynch?

-

Off-Topic Q: How do I change the posts per page? Some people referenced it and I didn't realize that it could be changed.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'm still waiting on you Vult; you're not off the hook. If you get to L-1, I'm going to hammer you.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Response to Sworddancer's 588

I don't buy that Vult was actually also deploying gambits and what not to try to get reads on people.
If you don't buy that, then what was I doing?

From a "Vult is Scum" perspective, I mean. As Scum, what do you think would have been my motive there?

So you can see that supposedly Vult tells that what she did was done on purpose so to try to get scum to talk, but I think that is a lie. There are several reasons why I feel this. For one, as I already have mentioned, I don't feel like Vult has shown any results from these supposed gambits of her. Reading through the thread, Vult doesn't make any accusations of people for them voting her.
Not really. It made me question Adum's actual motives and I was suspicious of him for his reasons of accusing me. Got Town read from OverSwarm's willingness to go check what little meta I have to try to explain my actions. Fence-sittying scum read from Gustave for wagoning and holding onto that vote for so long and not commenting on other stuff despite other issues arising.

Two, it seems like too poor of a gambit to really be one. She states that one might look at the perspective that people voted for her but I would think that it comes to the point that if you made it SO easy to vote for you that you can't really get ANY true look at perspective from it.
I wouldn't have voted me tbh. And I disagree. Even if someone were to give up vote himself, causing a wagon to form on him and making a lynch, you still get reads from everyone on it, even if it is an "easy vote".

It wasn't much of a "gambit" if you want to call it that. Discussion starter.

Okay so now he's saying that didn't intend it to produce as much discussion as it did. Well, his previous post sure didn't make it sound like that was her intentions.
Actually I meant that I didn't intend [or expect, for that matter] for it to snowball into a Vult wagon. Discussion merits are there regardless.

From her previous posts it made it sound like she was getting a lot of reads. So far I've only seen her go after Adum, and that was for other reasons.
You're right here. Ish. I went with the flow of the game after the fiasco. Other things to talk about arose: Rei and Gustave specifically. Those took my attention. It'll be nice to have that there and reread later if I get in a rut [or whenever I get the opportunity, really], but there are better things to talk about.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'd like to take a moment to note that Vult is, again, avoiding any pressure on him and instead trying to shift it to someone else. In this case, the other lynch candidate for toDay.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Vult, if you're going to throw out gambits in order to get information, you need to do it with a specific goal. Making yourself look scummy or stupid is completely fine; it's a risk that can pay off well for town as a whole if you play your cards right. I've done it myself (in this very game, can you catch it?) and have learned a good deal.

However, your actions reek of self-preservation rather than the support of the town as a whole. You have an ulterior motive to your actions that makes you untrustworthy. You are vague with what you do post, and have repeatedly flat-out selectively ignored key questions and comments towards your behavior. More curiously, you mostly ignore those that are most likely to press the issue.

You've gone back and forth between activity and inactivity, but your activity only comes about to push pressure off of you and onto someone else. This is not a coincidence.

As such, you need to be lynched today, or give yourself a defense. There is much to be learned from your flip.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
You are vague with what you do post, and have repeatedly flat-out selectively ignored key questions and comments towards your behavior. More curiously, you mostly ignore those that are most likely to press the issue.
The only questions at this point that I'm refusing to answer is my reason for my original Flame vote. I plan to get to it after I speak with him about it in private. Revealing anything about it at this point would do more harm than good.

And also whether I have more Neighbors, which is not beneficial to reveal.

Everything else that I've done is crystal clear or can be.

You've gone back and forth between activity and inactivity, but your activity only comes about to push pressure off of you and onto someone else. This is not a coincidence.
No, I haven't. I've left once, after several time had passed where I wasn't in the spotlight/being strongly pressured.

give yourself a defense.
I just went out of my way to give defense to Sworddancer's case.

You then accused me of "avoiding pressure", even though that's explicitly the opposite of what I did.

Then you accused me of "shifting it to someone else", when the post had no attack against him, implicitly OR explicitly.

And then you ask me for a defense.

Seriously?

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Get on it.
A defense? It's there. Two of them. If there's something specific you want me to respond to, direct me to it.

Your wagon? Would more than happy if there is enough support shown before deadline. Several times have you explicitly lied/manipulated/exaggerated in your posts. I'm not getting the impression that it's coming from Town.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Vult used confuse ray!

Overswarm is unaffected!

Overswarm used an attack!

Vult deflected it by accusing someone else!

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
OS, I really don't like how you changed your vote without cause, your as bad as SAU.

SAU, you voted for me without cuase and when questioned you provided weak information. Most of the players are going after inactive people. You just targeted the one with a wagon already.

The deadline is tomorrow and most of the wagon's are going nowhere. I most likley won't be on most of tomorrow due to church and family. So if I'm going to vote for someone who will likley be lynched, I'm going to vote for VR. lynch has got to happen. or the town learns nothing.

Unvote,

Vote: Vult

Overswarm

is laughing at you
If it makes you feel better Seph, my vote switch was deliberate and meant to see reactions. I haven't gotten any save for your questioning and I should have for a vote that's obviously an OMGUS vote after Flame's tantrum, but it's the weekend so a lot of people aren't on. Sau was doing a similar thing earlier. By voting without reason, you get to see who reacts to what. I've got a feeling that Flame is town and was borderline on you, but your support of flame without an attempt of a wagon on me leads me to believe you are town as well.

If flame flips scum, I'd probably join a wagon on you though.

Anyway, back to Vult.

unvote vote vult

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Okay okay okay, thank you vult for getting to my case against you.

vult said:
If you don't buy that, then what was I doing?

From a "Vult is Scum" perspective, I mean. As Scum, what do you think would have been my motive there?
Honestly, I felt it WAS just a dumb mistake on your part, but I also feel like dumb does not neccaseraly equal town like some others. I think you made a dumb mistake, freaked out when pressure was put on you (kinda like you were paranoid) and started to make up a something that you wern't really aiming at. Perhaps you were trying to see if everyone was in a neighborhood, (testing the waters, so to speak) and perhaps you were trying to bring out information that would be usful for scum. Idk, it could of been a lot of things.

Vult, did you not realize that what you did would probably force you to revel that you were in a neighborhood with Frozen?

Also, it makes it a lot different when you say that you were just trying to get disscussion started. Okay, then, if you were just trying to get disscussion going, then tell me why you said this:

post 88:

Vult said:
And in my opinion I don't think it was useless. Look at all the reads I'm getting from you guys [when you're not talking about whatever you were talking about before]! You agree, don't you?
This implies that you did so to try to get reads out of people. Different from "producing disscussion".

---

@Overswarm: During this game I have noticed that you have been buddying/defending me a bit. I mean, I can understand not aguing with the lynch of someone, but you seem to step in everytime I get atacked. Fos Over

---

There is a lot of people I want to look at now but since time in Day 1 is now short I'm only going to be looking at seph since he's one of the main lynch canidites toDay.

Also Adum has been disscussed as a possible lynch canidate and I'll have to say that I disagree with his lynch. If the case against him is that he has been going after easy targets and seems to be prioritizing the lynching of inactives over lyching scummy players (seems being a key word here) then I have to say that I'm unconvinced. Going after "easy" tergets exclusivly is something that I would forgive of Day 1 behavior and I don't believe he truly wants an inactive lynched (despite how much he cusaded against them). Although I will have to admit that his lynch is one of the ones that will wield the most information.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Btw, in case anyone didn't notice:

Sworddancer was inadvertantly protected by Flame.

His reasoning for so, imo, was sound, but the action itself is often more important than the reason. Just pointing it out.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
@Overswarm: During this game I have noticed that you have been buddying/defending me a bit. I mean, I can understand not aguing with the lynch of someone, but you seem to step in everytime I get atacked. Fos Over
How so?

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Vult, it looks like you're just trying to save face even after you know you're looking bad regardless. I need you to answer me this, are you telling the truth when you say you're just trying to bait reactions or are you just trying to make yourself look bad after knowing you've dug yourself into a bad looking hole.

People who played Grammys 2 will know why I believe Vult to be town.

M.K

Level 55
Vult, it looks like you're just trying to save face even after you know you're looking bad regardless. I need you to answer me this, are you telling the truth when you say you're just trying to bait reactions or are you just trying to make yourself look bad after knowing you've dug yourself into a bad looking hole.

People who played Grammys 2 will know why I believe Vult to be town.
For the people who didn't, care to explain?

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Pretty much I ended up being an idiot as town and got lynched for it. There was a period where I tried to pass of being stupid as some sort of plan.

Top Bottom