• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Code Geass Mafia: OVAH

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
Sorry Jungle, but life is becoming busier for me, i'm going to have to /out as a replacement for this game.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
On another note, I want to be mafia and replace out after D2 just so my replacement can survive to D4. It'd be like uber coasting and no one would expect it.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
vote count

blue yoshi (2) - rockin, adumbrodeus
adumbrodeus (2) - frozenflame751, exn
sworddancer. (1) - -rei-
gustave (1) - vult redux
vult redux (2) - sworddancer., overswarm
overswarm (1) - summonerau
exn (2) - kevinm, sephiroths masamune
dark_ermac (1) - gheb_01

not voting (3) - meta-kirby, dark_ermac, blue yoshi

deadline is last second of 5/23 est
with 15 alive it takes 8 to lynch

Overswarm

is laughing at you
It's about to be the weekend, meaning rampant inactivity.

We need to find someone to lynch.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Vult's been my top choice for a while now, and seeing as how Vult's vanished, and it puts vult one ahead of Blue Yoshi...

Unvote
Vote: Vult Redux

Let's lynch Vult guys.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I suggest everyone posts two of their strongest lynch candidates, along with reasoning (as if it hasn't been posted yet).

If there's still a standstill, we'll probably have someone that has been mentioned the most or someone who is ridiculously inactive to solve any disputes.

Does anyone have any issues with this?

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I obviously dont.

Here's where I stand:

KevinM has been gettin' off these past two pages (40 ppp).

So I'll save you all some time and basically say that any constructive material in here would basically be parroting of him.

Seeing as how close deadline is getting, I'm down with lynching Sephiroth, adum, or sworddancer.

I feel they're all pretty scummy but a major reason is that I feel I'll learn by far the most from any of their flips. Mostly Sephy and adum on that point, but sworddancer is the worst inactive at this point IMO so I think he should go if we can only agree on lynching an inactive (which is not what I prefer).

Anyone with me on this?

I'll keep my vote on adum for now but will switch to the other two if people like those lynches.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
So, this is the first time you've seen it on dgames?
Are you kidding me? I just explained an example to you where it happened on dGames.

What makes you think that Rei isn't being provided with a safe claim?
???

Why did you want to wait until Frozen had said something to answer this?
Because if I answered it first I would've given my intention away.

Why did you defend Rei when he could have said that he mistook them himself?
Because I feel like he's getting an unfair amount of pressure and no support at all.

:059:

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I suggest everyone posts two of their strongest lynch candidates, along with reasoning (as if it hasn't been posted yet).

If there's still a standstill, we'll probably have someone that has been mentioned the most or someone who is ridiculously inactive to solve any disputes.

I really don't have anyone suspicious in mind, other than VR and the inactive people.

@FF I asked you a question, I would like an answer.

M.K

Level 55

Nope.

1) Vult Redux =
Basically because he seems to appear and disappear with pressure. It's something I did in Scum Wars Mafia as scum, and I'm fairly certain he's not an experienced enough player to trust himself to make longer/more frequent posts without slipping up somewhere.

2) Sephiroth =
He's coming off on a weird vibe to me. The whole misreading of his PM sorta threw me like "...you really misread your role PM?". His posts are also choppy to me, and the misreading seems more of a "correction" than an actual misreading.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I didn't ask for suspicious people. You could want to lynch someone because they have a funny hat, I don't care.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Fair enough OS:

Vult:
The initial gambit is what first struck me suspicious, but the fact that he/she disapeared when pressure was on AND IS STILL LOGGING ON struck me as quite suspicious. Overall, a player who seemed to have something to gain from distracting from scumhunting, or is simply playing so dense that we can't afford to have him/her around. Add to the fact that scumhunting was nearly nil, and I've got my top choice.

Blue Yoshi: The thing which sets Blue Yoshi apart from the other inactives is strategic inactivity. As soon as the pressure came on, he showed up and attempted to save himself from a lynch meaning that he's ACTIVELY WATCHING THE THREAD, BUT CHOOSING NOT TO POST, which suggests attempting to not attract attention. I've seen this before and I find it EXTREMELY scummy. Beyond that, inactivity and lack of commitment to any real pro-town action makes him a very viable lynch candidate.

M.K

Level 55
^^And I can't help but feel that Blue Yoshi is trying to immortalize himself by making excuses for his inactivity. Nobody wants to be "that person" to lynch the guy who's inactive for a seemingly legit reason, but for this long? How much longer Blue Yoshi?

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Fair enough OS:

Vult:
The initial gambit is what first struck me suspicious, but the fact that he/she disapeared when pressure was on AND IS STILL LOGGING ON struck me as quite suspicious. Overall, a player who seemed to have something to gain from distracting from scumhunting, or is simply playing so dense that we can't afford to have him/her around. Add to the fact that scumhunting was nearly nil, and I've got my top choice.

Blue Yoshi: The thing which sets Blue Yoshi apart from the other inactives is strategic inactivity. As soon as the pressure came on, he showed up and attempted to save himself from a lynch meaning that he's ACTIVELY WATCHING THE THREAD, BUT CHOOSING NOT TO POST, which suggests attempting to not attract attention. I've seen this before and I find it EXTREMELY scummy. Beyond that, inactivity and lack of commitment to any real pro-town action makes him a very viable lynch candidate.
Out of all the people, I also think these two are the most scummy to me, I say we lynch one of these two.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
sworddancer: because he hasn't been actively challenging members and his posts feel all like summaries with his thought added.

vult: came off as scummy in the beginning but later became useful for the information he gave us. when back on pressure he disappeared and hasn't posted for a while.

Dark_Ermac

Smash Apprentice
Well, I'm probably going to remain useless for a few more days. I got cluster****ed shortly after signing up.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Vult because I feel he lied about his intentions and on top of that hasn't really done anything else besides defend himself this game for the most part (seems like he only interested in self-preservation).

Blue Yoshi now instead of Xonar since Xonar has been replaced. At first Xonar was my "inactive" pick but now since he's not in this game anymore I can't really pick him for that, so Blue Yoshi is my next pick.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I really don't have anyone suspicious in mind, other than VR and the inactive people.

@FF I asked you a question, I would like an answer.
I think I'll learn a lot from your flip because from my readings you have a lot of connections to certain players and how you flip would largely improve my reads on those people. I'm not gonna go in to details because I don't want any scum to adjust accordingly.

Concerning a VR lynch, I really have no idea where people are getting this idea that Vult was gambiting at the start of the game. He didn't pull a gambit at all. He seriously just ****ed up and did something dumb. People need explain how what he did was a gambit if they're gonna use that as an argument for his lynch.

Concerning Blue Yoshi, though I can see where adum is coming from with this "strategic inactivity argument", I also feel like that isn't his intent, when instead his intent is just to be as transparent as possible about his inactivity. Not a particularly pro-town thing to do (it's a strategy very easily employed by scum to make them look legit) but at the same time I don't find it particularly scummy either. It's pretty value neutral IMO, and I think he's an inactive with better potential to step up than some of the others. I haven't really gotten any crazy scum reads from him and if we're going with an inactive I think there are better choices.

Ermac, though nonexistant, is not a good lynch IMO because we'll get basically NOTHING out of that flip. Like seriously, I don't think I'd be able to draw a single connection.

So yeah, Sword, Seph, or Adum for today's lynch please.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I think I'll learn a lot from your flip because from my readings you have a lot of connections to certain players and how you flip would largely improve my reads on those people. I'm not gonna go in to details because I don't want any scum to adjust accordingly.
So based off of what other players have said about me, you think I'm scum? I don't like budding up with anybody in mafia games because if someone is scum that automatically brings someone they were friendly to down, whether they're town or not. I haven't seen any budding between anyone, just agreeing with what they have said.

Lynching someone just because you think they're linked with someone is a risky move. Because if that said person was town than you don't just lose a town member, you also lose any suspicions on the person you tied them to.

Who exactly do you think I'm tied to? I can assure you that those assumptions are false.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Ermac, though nonexistant, is not a good lynch IMO because we'll get basically NOTHING out of that flip. Like seriously, I don't think I'd be able to draw a single connection.
We're likely going to have the same issue toMorrow if we don't lynch him now. The longer we keep him around the bigger the problem will become. I'd rather get rid of it before it becomes a bigger problem.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
So based off of what other players have said about me, you think I'm scum? I don't like budding up with anybody in mafia games because if someone is scum that automatically brings someone they were friendly to down, whether they're town or not. I haven't seen any budding between anyone, just agreeing with what they have said.

Lynching someone just because you think they're linked with someone is a risky move. Because if that said person was town than you don't just lose a town member, you also lose any suspicions on the person you tied them to.

Who exactly do you think I'm tied to? I can assure you that those assumptions are false.
No, based on what you've said AND what other players have said about you, I think you're likely to be scum.

I never said anything about you buddying people. What I did say is that you have connections to other players. Some pretty clear ones IMO. What that means is based on what you flip, I'll have a much better idea of what alignments certain other players in the game are. You don't have to buddy anyone to make that happen.

When I say you're linked with people I don't mean literally as in your roles are linked or something, though that could very well be the case if you turn up scum. I mean your stances and opinions on other players, and their's concerning you "link" you in the sense that my reads derive a lot from those interactions.

You can try to "defend" what you've said and done all you want but you won't be able to "assure me that my conclusions are false." These reads aren't depended on you being town or scum, so whether or not you can convince me what you've done is "townie or scummy" is really irrelevant.

We're likely going to have the same issue toMorrow if we don't lynch him now. The longer we keep him around the bigger the problem will become. I'd rather get rid of it before it becomes a bigger problem.

True, but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Well, I'm probably going to remain useless for a few more days. I got cluster****ed shortly after signing up.
He said a few more days. Day 2 will be after "a few more days", so if things don't change then I'll be more sympathetic to his lynch.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
You can try to "defend" what you've said and done all you want but you won't be able to "assure me that my conclusions are false." These reads aren't depended on you being town or scum, so whether or not you can convince me what you've done is "townie or scummy" is really irrelevant.
You would just like to lynch me to see if I'm connected then? Thats what I'm getting out of your post.

He said a few more days. Day 2 will be after "a few more days", so if things don't change then I'll be more sympathetic to his lynch.
with the ammount of content he's provided and the fact that he going to be gone for the rest of day 1 pretty much makes him either today's lynch or a mod kill. And if the two days do end and there is no lynch or mod kill, there is no telling if he still will be active. Right now I don't know who to vote for right now, VR is scummy, adum's points on BY are legit too, but I say we lynch Dark_Ermac because there is a guarantee that he won't be here for the next 2 days.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Fair enough OS:

Wow wait... I have not been actively watching the thread. Every time I've come to this thread, I've posted saying "sorry for being inactive... life was in the way", and if I had time to read, I stated that, and stated how far I've gone in reading. If I have been posting only when pressure was put on me... then that is simply a coincidence. (I honestly don't know if this is the case, because... well, I haven't read all the posts...).

As far as my top two lynch candidates, from what I've read, Vult seems the scummiest in my opinion (though I haven't read all the posts, so my reasoning may be flawed if something came up in those posts). I also wouldn't mind seeing Dark_Ermac go since he's been inactive since basically the start of the game (I honestly don't remember him posting anything useful all game).

Anyways, I'm off to work, I'll be back in 6 hours.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
My two:

Vult- Very scummy to me. He's made a few mistakes I could attribute to a new or non-thinking player, but his support for those mistakes have been... weak. In addition to this, he's been inactive until there's been a ton of pressure, and THEN he shows up. Even then, he'll log on but not visit this thread. He's a combination of scummy and inactive, so he's my #1 choice for toDay.

Ermac- Completely useless, but still in the game. Assuming he's scum and we weren't actively targetting him, he's going to stay around to D3 at the very least. What's worse, mafia can at any time kill him and give us literally no information.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
You would just like to lynch me to see if I'm connected then? Thats what I'm getting out of your post.
No, I ALREADY KNOW you are connected to people insofar as MY READS are concerned. I want to lynch you because I have a scummy read on you AND, regardless of what you flip, I'll be able to learn a lot about other players from that flip.

If that is really all you got from my previous post you're either brutally skimming or just refusing to acknowledge what I'm saying.

with the ammount of content he's provided and the fact that he going to be gone for the rest of day 1 pretty much makes him either today's lynch or a mod kill. And if the two days do end and there is no lynch or mod kill, there is no telling if he still will be active. Right now I don't know who to vote for right now, VR is scummy, adum's points on BY are legit too, but I say we lynch Dark_Ermac because there is a guarantee that he won't be here for the next 2 days.
So you seriously just want lynch him based on the fact that he's been the most inactive and he probably won't say much in the next two days?

He said he'll be more active after those few days. I'm willing to give him that chance. If he isn't lying then he WON'T BE INACTIVE ANYMORE.

If he still isn't inactive then we get on his case tomorrow and take care of business.

The point is if we lynch Ermac today we're gonna get basically NOTHING out of it.

Lynching Ermac JUST because he's the most inactive is like the worst reasoning of all time.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Wow wait... I have not been actively watching the thread. Every time I've come to this thread, I've posted saying "sorry for being inactive... life was in the way", and if I had time to read, I stated that, and stated how far I've gone in reading. If I have been posting only when pressure was put on me... then that is simply a coincidence. (I honestly don't know if this is the case, because... well, I haven't read all the posts...).

As far as my top two lynch candidates, from what I've read, Vult seems the scummiest in my opinion (though I haven't read all the posts, so my reasoning may be flawed if something came up in those posts). I also wouldn't mind seeing Dark_Ermac go since he's been inactive since basically the start of the game (I honestly don't remember him posting anything useful all game).

Anyways, I'm off to work, I'll be back in 6 hours.

The reason it struck me, is that whenever you're floated as suspicious or lynchworthy, SOMEHOW you happen to catch it, the previous time it was almost immediately.

That strikes me as you being disingenuous about not following the thread.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ermac- Completely useless, but still in the game. Assuming he's scum and we weren't actively targetting him, he's going to stay around to D3 at the very least. What's worse, mafia can at any time kill him and give us literally no information.
So let me get this straight, you want to get rid of Ermac because the mafia can NK him and we won't learn anything?

You realize that us lynching him doesn't change that right? So we're still learning nothing AND risking a mislynch which punishes us as the town WAY more than the mafia just NKing him for us does right?

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Overswarm= Vult, Ermac
Blue Yoshi= Vult, Ermac
Sephiroths Masamune= Vult, anyone inactive.
FrozenFlame751= Seph, adum
Sworddancer.= Vult, Blue Yoshi
-Rei-= Vult, sword dancer
KevinM= sword, Seph
Adum= Vult, Blue Yoshi
Meta-Kirby= vult, Seph
Gheb_01= Ermac

Vult=7
Ermack=4*
Seph=3
BYoshi=3*
sword=3*
adum=1

*=Seph thinks they are inactive.

So far Exn (shouldn't expect much), Rockin, SummonerAU, Vult Redux, dark_ermac have not posted their views.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Gheb, if you are refering to your 'N0 investigator', then it isn't the same thing at all, the people who would have confused it for a cop would NOT have seen the pm (assuming it wasn't just a n0 flavour kill, becasue using a flavour kill as an example would be silly).

safe claim question was really just "what makes you think he's telling the truth?"

defending response: about his claim or just in general?

Why have you changed from calling people stupid and being aggressive Gheb to a more passive Gheb?

Right now I'd be happy with either Gheb (very unlikely today) or Blue Yoshi/Ermac. I am against a Vult lynch.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Exn's been online, but it's too late to do real analysis on him, unless he starts being active.. like now, he's my number 1 candidate for initial hotseat tomorrow.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
So let me get this straight, you want to get rid of Ermac because the mafia can NK him and we won't learn anything?

You realize that us lynching him doesn't change that right? So we're still learning nothing AND risking a mislynch which punishes us as the town WAY more than the mafia just NKing him for us does right?

Stop being obtuse.

If we have a heavy inactive that posts just enough to sit around, he does the following:

-adds to lynch count total (meaning we potentially need another vote to lynch)
-gives us little to no information on flip

This means that we have the choice of killing him and learning nothing and then going on with life, or pursuing other leads and hoping it gives more information.

Mafia, at any time, can kill an inactive like Ermac and leave no trace as to who did it or why. If we're in the dark, like toDay, and lynch someone we're slightly suspicious of and they flip town and we get no real leads from it, Mafia can keep us in the dark by lynching someone like Ermac. This is an option, not a requirement, for them.

Basically, leaving an inactive around like that does only good things for mafia and only bad things for town. If we don't lynch him today, we have to lynch him tomorrow. If we don't lynch him tomorrow, we have to lynch him the day after that. He won't die unless it is beneficial for the mafia to kill him... and even if they do, you learn literally nothing. It's a safe NKill for mafia just waiting to be taken out of the bank.

It's one of the primary reasons you want to lynch dead weight right off the bat rather than going off slight suspicions.

But like I said earlier... Vult is both suspicious and inactive, so I'm going towards him.

unvote vote Vult

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Posting to apologize for inactivity due to limited access and to let y'all know I probably won't be on again until tomorrow evening.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
I changed my mind I'm skimming your posts and they make me angry to I have to put off my paper.

But like I said earlier... Vult is both suspicious and inactive, so I'm going towards him.

unvote vote Vult
Strange. Iirc, last time to did a post count analysis, I had the second-highest. have you done another during the time I was gone?

Top Bottom