• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Code Geass Mafia: OVAH

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
@Rockin Gheb is looking to be normal town Gheb with recent developments, I still want Sworddancer dead and I still think that saying his neighborhood was anonymous, is a lot different and a very odd way to say

"I don't know the roles or alignments of the people in my neighborhood."

Overswarm

is laughing at you
It could be he simply didn't click on the link.

If that's the case, it kinda makes sense. Kinda.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I'm gonna check his history on other threads, Sephiroth seems reasonably competent (certainly moreso then rei and Vult) but he's having these weird oversights that just don't sit well with me.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Like he's still not my numero uno lynch candidate I'd still much rather lynch Sword, I just think thats a REALLY weird oversight and/or way to state that.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I checked his post history, one game, came in late, so very limited experience. I could go either way on him atm, that was a very wierd slip.

Sword deserves a bit of metagaming as well, but I agree, he's being WAY too passive for my tastes. Depending on his history, either a scumtell or says he's useless town, and I dislike both.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Confusing tracker for cop is confusing because there is no way that anyone who took a look at their role PM could confuse the two. They are both"investigative roles" but they are very different functionally. The fact that he confused the two when claiming makes me think he was given a potentially unclear safe claim, and safe claim with multiple options, or he had to make up a fake claim on his own (insofar as the role is concerned, not the character, since it would ****in mad ballsy to fake claim Suzaku if it wasn't provided) and messed it up in the heat of the moment.

I'm curious what Seph exactly means by this whole anonymous business. I agree with Kev that it is a VERY weird way to convey lack of knowledge of roles and alignments of his neighborhood.

So Seph, is that all you meant by anonymous? Or is your neighborhood actually completely anonymous, as in you don't even know what players are in your neighborhood?

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
vote count

blue yoshi (3) - blue yoshi, gheb_01, rockin
adumbrodeus (1) - frozenflame751
sworddancer. (2) - -rei-, kevinm
gustave (2) - xonar, vult redux
vult redux (1) - sworddancer.
overswarm (1) - summonerau
summonerau (1) - adumbrodeus
gheb_01 (1) - overswarm

not voting (3) - meta-kirby, dark_ermac, sephiroths masamune

deadline is last second of 5/23 est
with 15 alive it takes 8 to lynch

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
This doesn't make sense. First you wanted us to call attention to Rei and his habbits, now you're cautioning us on accidental hammer? Hm.

FoS: Seph
Exactly what adum said, I think getting more info and questioning is alot better than a self hammer, or if we are wrong about them, some scum hammering him.

@Rockin Gheb is looking to be normal town Gheb with recent developments, I still want Sworddancer dead and I still think that saying his neighborhood was anonymous, is a lot different and a very odd way to say

"I don't know the roles or alignments of the people in my neighborhood."
It was just easier and faster to say anonymous. I really don't get the big deal, I see the confusion, but why make more of it then it is?
I'm curious what Seph exactly means by this whole anonymous business. I agree with Kev that it is a VERY weird way to convey lack of knowledge of roles and alignments of his neighborhood.

So Seph, is that all you meant by anonymous? Or is your neighborhood actually completely anonymous, as in you don't even know what players are in your neighborhood?
I know the players. Like I said before your making too much out of nothing.

I checked his post history, one game, came in late, so very limited experience. I could go either way on him atm, that was a very wierd slip.
This is my 2nd mafia game ever, (not including IRL games, which is still very limited.)

It could be he simply didn't click on the link.
I clicked on the link, didn't make much of it because I thought everyone had use to it, I didn't find out until now that the mod edited his post, and in that edit were the names of the people in the neighborhood.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
apparently we aren't supposed to meta xivii and he wouldn't have saved jungle's game from having an error

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Unvote, Vote: Adum
Why did you act surprised and tried to question Vult when he claimed to be in a neighboorhood, if you are in a neighboorhood yourself?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I already explained that, before I even revealed I was in a neighborhood.

I had no intention of claiming neighborhood that early in the game, I was waiting for a more general confirmation of the scope. Why in God's good name would I chastise Vult for doing it otherwise?

I bet you're expecting me to role and name claim now too, sorry no. I withheld the information and phrased it in a way that didn't suggest I was a member of a neighborhood in order to avoid suspicions that I was part until I was ready. I did that because I didn't think that it was to Town's advantage to do so this early, just like I wouldn't role-claim this early.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I wasn't expecting you to do anything like claiming >_>
That's my point, I didn't wanna claim neighborhood because it was a bad time to claim neighborhood, and I chose my words to avoid showing any prior knowledge to avoid people surmising that I was in a neighborhood.

Heck, I even said as much before:

Don't assume I'm not in a neighborhood, however I'm not gonna claim either way until there's a good reason to.

If I was chastizing Vult for the mistake of making a claim far too early, why in God's good name would I make the same mistake?

And OS gave a pretty similar explanation.

I will not claim anything until it's pro-town to do so, and at that point, letting on knowledge of neighborhood mechanics was basically claiming if I assumed anything dissimilar from normal neighbors.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Thing is that there are other ways to react to that without implying that you're in a neighboorhood.
All I said was that Vult was basically claiming some form of mason.

I never acted particularly surprised, and our discussion only ended up clarifying that I knew what Vult was claiming and just chose to express it in a different term.

Again, my intent was to avoid letting on any knowledge of the intimate details, so I could avoid getting pegged until I was ready.

OS noticed it, and stated as such, and I outright said it. Why didn't you pick up on it?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Heck, I gave one of my neighbors, you can ask him. If he denies it, well I'm sure that my other neighbor(s) will be quite happy to push for the lynch.

Speaking of which...

@Everyone If you have yet to check whether you are in a neighborhood, please do so NOW. The link to the quicktopic is in your role PM, and the other members are listed in the first post of your quicktopic (the one Jungle made).

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Confusing tracker for cop is confusing because there is no way that anyone who took a look at their role PM could confuse the two. They are both"investigative roles" but they are very different functionally. The fact that he confused the two when claiming makes me think he was given a potentially unclear safe claim, and safe claim with multiple options, or he had to make up a fake claim on his own (insofar as the role is concerned, not the character, since it would ****in mad ballsy to fake claim Suzaku if it wasn't provided) and messed it up in the heat of the moment.
OK. I'm actually surprised the answer is that simple but you're right.

While it's unusual I don't see how it can be interpreted in the same way as the cop/tracker confusion. I think it's best to keep it in mind for now? I don't see how it gives us any useful information right now.

That's my point, I didn't wanna claim neighborhood because it was a bad time to claim neighborhood, and I chose my words to avoid showing any prior knowledge to avoid people surmising that I was in a neighborhood.
This is hard for me to believe.

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I still think it's not any less weird than the other confusions we've had so far.

Can we please get an idea on whom to lynch? Deadline in 3 days and lots of people deserve death in this game. Thinking we should just lynch Blue Yoshi or some other inactive at this point.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I still think it's not any less weird than the other confusions we've had so far.

Can we please get an idea on whom to lynch? Deadline in 3 days and lots of people deserve death in this game. Thinking we should just lynch Blue Yoshi or some other inactive at this point.

I really don't have much of a lead on anyone either at this point, VR is still a little sketchy but I agree with lynching someone inactive.

Vote: BlueYoshi

Two reasons, He hasn't been with us most of D1, and he still has a vote on himself.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I'm trying to catch up, but real life is getting in the way. Once I catch up though, I'll be as active as I am in a normal mafia game I join (as in, one of the most common posters).

And... well... not to help my case, but I'm off to a smash fest... Tomorrow (Thursday) I should have time to read quite a few posts... maybe even all the ones I have left (provided I can pay attention that long).

Or actually, thinking about it, seeing as the deadline is in 3 days, should I skip all those posts for now, and read the last 50-ish and go from there until the day is over, then read the rest during night time? That way I can be active sooner (though I will be missing quite a large chunk of the discussion).

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Would much rather go Xonar if we're just going to lynch based on the ahh **** it attitude.

With BY we can pray for a modkill.

Xonar has posted so many times with

"I'll do it later"

"Tired right now"

"Feeling dead tired"

"Will do it later when I'm not dead/tired"

Bull**** play on D1.

Don't know how it's been acceptable this far into D1.

Vote Xonar.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Blue Yoshi, seriously **** yourself, why do you still have a vote on yourself and if you have enough time to post all that garbage you have enough time to start reading and actually help out.

Bull**** play.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Seeing as the vote on myself is annoying people,

unvote

And seeing as people want me gone because I'm one of the inactives, I'll do what I suggested, and read the last 50 or so posts, then read the ones I missed during night.

I have 30 minutes before I have to leave for a smash fest... so I'll start now lol.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Also I've never played in a game when you're "one of the most common posters"

Most of the games I've played with you have you dilly dallying, parroting and leaving a vote on yourself for longer then necessary.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Would much rather go Xonar if we're just going to lynch based on the ahh **** it attitude.

With BY we can pray for a modkill.

Xonar has posted so many times with

"I'll do it later"

"Tired right now"

"Feeling dead tired"

"Will do it later when I'm not dead/tired"

Bull**** play on D1.

Don't know how it's been acceptable this far into D1.

Vote Xonar.
I could go either way to be honest, but by the sound of BlueYoshi's post it sounds like he's still trying.

Unvote,

Vote Xonar

@BlueYoshi: I would advise you to take off your vote, it just makes you look bad.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I'm trying to catch up, but real life is getting in the way. Once I catch up though, I'll be as active as I am in a normal mafia game I join (as in, one of the most common posters).

And... well... not to help my case, but I'm off to a smash fest... Tomorrow (Thursday) I should have time to read quite a few posts... maybe even all the ones I have left (provided I can pay attention that long).

Or actually, thinking about it, seeing as the deadline is in 3 days, should I skip all those posts for now, and read the last 50-ish and go from there until the day is over, then read the rest during night time? That way I can be active sooner (though I will be missing quite a large chunk of the discussion).
I don't like this, I wanted sworddancer as my top choice... but as soon as he is mentioned as a lynch candidate he immediately posts.

Strategic inactivity, I've seen it before, and it's usually something scum does.

I'm sold.

Unvote

Vote: Blue Yoshi

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Not really liking how you hopped on both the easy inactive votes, and how does it sound like he's trying he blatantly admitted that he would only read the last 50 posts or so and miss a large chunk of the discussion.

Blatant save of your scum buddy hopping on the other wagon?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I don't like this, I wanted sworddancer as my top choice... but as soon as he is mentioned as a lynch candidate he immediately posts.

Strategic inactivity, I've seen it before, and it's usually something scum does.

I'm sold.

Unvote

Vote: Blue Yoshi
Soo many people hopping on the easy inactive D1, when we have actually scummy activity.

I don't understand, I know SWF mafia is usually all up in arms about inactives but what exactly did you have Sword pegged for that was so minute you could switch it just because BY posted as he was a lynch candidate.

Bad town does the same thing on SWF.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Not really liking how you hopped on both the easy inactive votes, and how does it sound like he's trying he blatantly admitted that he would only read the last 50 posts or so and miss a large chunk of the discussion.

Blatant save of your scum buddy hopping on the other wagon?
I really don't care who to lynch, as long as we get someone.

Inactive people are worse than useless town, Useless town at least give us enough info that we know that they're useless, Inactive people don't give us anything.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
Flavor:
In Code Geass, the Earth is split into several distinct factions. You've got the Brittanians, the Japanese, and ...I think it's the Chinese Federation? I can't remember, but they are very seperate, very distinct peoples who (I don't think) like each other very much.
this post and overswarm's post 484 made think of something

in code geass the chinese were good for a while then went against the japanese which made me think that there is a 3rd party involved

i'm going to assume it could follow the anime but they also would want to take down town

so i was thinking there the layout of the game could be town/mafia/3rd party or town/mafia/2nd mafia

meaning these neighborhood could be the factions themselves like overswarm stated or they could have a mix of both

the reason i think the chinese might be a second mafia was because in the anime they started to go against the japanese and wanted to take down the britannians

this is just a thought of the game layout at the moment

Top Bottom