• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clowsui and Hilt present: RETRIBUTION//Results are up

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
TC I wanna play those Dedede mirrors again :muffin:
LOL I can't believe I let you force me into the ditto in tournament. It strange how something can be sooooo stupid but so funny at the same time.

If you wanna play, you know where to find me. Same goes to pretty much all but maybe 10 people attending this. Most people have met me by now. If I haven't played you yet, please find me. I wanna get some more experience.

SoulPech

Smash Master

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
K, so Yoshi has two grab related glitches.

1) Yoshi grabs you with his normal grab and you mash out before entering his mouth. This causes the game to freeze.

2) Yoshi gets you with Egg Lay at a precise spacing and frame window during the move. This causes you to go through a ground release animation, which gives us enough frame advantage to Fsmash you.

We don't really have any control over either of these. @_@

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
If the game were to freeze by mashing out of a Yoshi grab fast enough, would the Yoshi player lose the match?

NAKAT

Smash Champion
I beat him in bracket where **** was actually on the line.. We play in a mid tier event with no cash prize, and my carpool is ready to leave. I am trolling during the match, and I side b off.....umm okay?

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
If the game were to freeze by mashing out of a Yoshi grab fast enough, would the Yoshi player lose the match?
I personally believe that the masher would lose the match. They're the ones who caused the freeze to occur by mashing too fast.

At least, as long as we're going by the rule that says the player that causes the game to become unplayable/freezes the game to lose the match. It's not my fault you mashed out too quickly.

I beat him in bracket where **** was actually on the line.. We play in a mid tier event with no cash prize, and my carpool is ready to leave. I am trolling during the match, and I side b off.....umm okay?
Holy **** relax bro. Do you namesearch yourself that hard? It's not that serious.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I personally believe that the masher would lose the match. They're the ones who caused the freeze to occur by mashing too fast.

At least, as long as we're going by the rule that says the player that causes the game to become unplayable/freezes the game to lose the match. It's not my fault you mashed out too quickly.
While unlikely to occur, I really don't think you can fault the masher, given that it's common knowledge to mash out of grabs, and not many people know about the glitch.

If it were ever to occur, I'd probably rule a game re-start, depending on the circumstances.

That said, I don't think it's ever happened EVER, so I don't particularly see the need to say anything more than "TO discretion".

LOE1

Smash Lord
yea, prob not gonna make this

will my 1st OoS tourney ever occur?

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
While unlikely to occur, I really don't think you can fault the masher, given that it's common knowledge to mash out of grabs, and not many people know about the glitch.

If it were ever to occur, I'd probably rule a game re-start, depending on the circumstances.

That said, I don't think it's ever happened EVER, so I don't particularly see the need to say anything more than "TO discretion".
But why shouldn't the masher be penalized for not knowing about the character he's fighting against? Knowlingly or not, he caused the game to become unplayable. That's against the rules.

/pointless debate.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
But why shouldn't the masher be penalized for not knowing about the character he's fighting against? Knowlingly or not, he caused the game to become unplayable. That's against the rules.

/pointless debate.
No way. If mashing out of grabs can lead to game freeze, then yoshi should never grab. Yoshi is the initiator of the freeze out situation, thus forfeit the game.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247

/pointless debate.
No way. If mashing out of grabs can lead to game freeze, then yoshi should never grab. Yoshi is the initiator of the freeze out situation, thus forfeit the game.
This. Sort of.

And that's why I said it would be a restart, if anything. We can't reasonably say "Yoshi shouldn't grab", and we can't reasonably say "Don't mash when you get grabbed", so I don't see it being really very fair to punish either party.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology

I have to agree with this.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Actually, the person who got grabbed is the initiator of the freeze situation because he's the one who makes the inputs that freeze the game.

What's The Point

Smash Master
Actually, the person who got grabbed is the initiator of the freeze situation because he's the one who makes the inputs that freeze the game.
Steps to create this glitch.

1. Somebody picks Yoshi.
2. Opponent exists
3. Yoshi does a grab
4. Opponent mashes

The Yoshi player is responsible for the glitch from the character select screen. Even in game the Yoshi is responsible for it since his action of grabbing starts the glitch. The player who picks a character that has a game breaking glitch is always responsible.

If it's a real issue you ban the character. If you don't go that far you give a loss to the person who picked the glitch causing character because they are the ones picking the character that can break the game. Even if the glitch requires opponent input it doesn't matter. It's completely unfair to expect an player to not do basic gameplay actions (Mashing out of grabs) because your opponent picked a character that can freeze the game. You'll want to say it's not fair for the Yoshi player and it probably isn't but oh well. It sucks but it's Yoshi's fault for being glitchy.

On that note, if a Sheik freezes the game with their chain they should also be given a loss.

I don't know of any other game breaking character glitches.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Steps to create this glitch.

1. Somebody picks Yoshi.
2. Opponent exists
3. Yoshi does a grab
4. Opponent mashes

The Yoshi player is responsible for the glitch from the character select screen. Even in game the Yoshi is responsible for it since his action of grabbing starts the glitch. The player who picks a character that has a game breaking glitch is always responsible.
Your argument hinges on the idea that simply inputting a grab with Yoshi causes the glitch. It doesn't. The mashing of the opponent is what causes the glitch.

If Yoshi's grab itself were glitched, then fine, w/e, but it's actually the releasing of the opponent within a specific time frame, which is entirely driven by the opponent.

For example, I could go...

Step for freezing the game by breaking out of Yoshi's grab too fast:

1) Break out of Yoshi's grab too fast.

If it's a real issue you ban the character. If you don't go that far you give a loss to the person who picked the glitch causing character because they are the ones picking the character that can break the game.
But the opponent is the glitch causing character. The actions of his character is what froze the game. All Yoshi did was grab. =O

Even if the glitch requires opponent input it doesn't matter. It's completely unfair to expect an player to not do basic gameplay actions (Mashing out of grabs) because your opponent picked a character that can freeze the game. You'll want to say it's not fair for the Yoshi player and it probably isn't but oh well. It sucks but it's Yoshi's fault for being glitchy.
It's completely unfair to expect a player to not do basic gameplay actions (grabbing) because your opponent picked a character (See: all of them) that can freeze the game.

You'll want to say it's not fair for the non-Yoshi player and it probably isn't, but oh well. It sucks but it's everyone else's fault for having a glitchy grab release.

On that note, if a Sheik freezes the game with their chain they should also be given a loss.

I don't know of any other game breaking character glitches.
But Sheik is the one that inputs the chain attack. The Sheik player is directly causing the game to freeze. Yoshi isn't.

I think IC's Fusion can do some wonky stuff, but Iunno if it freezes the game.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Wow...I can't believe this debate is happening, and can't even believe someone is trying to argue that it isn't the Yoshi's fault if the glitch happens

You can mash out against ANY other character, but not against Yoshi? Lmao ***** please in any other situation if that were to occur nothing would happen but sadly against Yoshi it does.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Since we can deduce logically that the glitch isn't caused directly by Yoshi's grab input, and knowing that the glitch is caused by mashing out at the earliest possible time and farthest range of Yoshi's grab isn't something that can reasonably be expected by every player, then it seems a restart from point of freezing would be the appropriate course of action.

Since the game is frozen, it conveniently gives both players ample time to note important factors such as percent, timer, and positioning on stage. If people complain about stale move issues you can note that if the Yoshi player complains it's part of the risk they run in going for grab and picking the character, and also if the grabbed player complains they are in fact responsible for the inputs that caused the reset, so they can deal with it.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Yoshi's grab is the MAIN factor of the glitch happening, the mashing causes it but it's only cause of the result of getting grabbed. Do you expect people not to mash out as fast as they can just cause it's Yoshi? That's bull**** lmao

Welp I'm done this is going nowhere

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
So, if IC's fusion were to always cause the game to freeze, would you say Falco's lasers were the main factor of the glitch happening? After all, they only fuse because they got hit by lasers. The Squall Hammer causes it, sure, but it's only cause of the result of getting hit by lasers. Do you expect IC's to not use Squall Hammer just because it's Falco?

_Kain_

Smash Champion
No cause if a projectile causes the glitch then many characters can cause it, so it's a flaw of of the ICs character, therefore the one causing the glitch. Same with Yoshi, this is a problem only pertinent to Yoshi, no other characters. How can Yoshi not be faulted for the glitch if the character is inherently the one causing the glitch? It's common sense like really

Rolento couldn't throw any Kunai's in SFxT til they patched it because any projectile that collided with it caused the game to freeze. Rolento was banned, and if he wasn't players couldn't use the kunai cause they would be the ones causing the glitch to occur by playing a character known to cause the glitch and would be DQed.

Not like this glitch even happens much, but if it does I think its just a bit silly to even consider the person not playing Yoshi at fault, considering the other person to be DQed, and with the mechanics of this game, restarting a match at the same percents where it left off

All yall silly, kill yoself, yoshi sucks, GOD KAIS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom