• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clowsui and Hilt present: RETRIBUTION//Results are up

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Since this is top 2 make it out of each pool...

I'd like to remind everyone that ties are broken in the following manner:
1. SET COUNT
2. W/L RATIO
3a. 2-Way Tie: HEAD TO HEAD
3b. 3-Way Tie: TIEBREAKER GAMES (BO1 sets played, starters strike)
Top 2?

Dammit Chi.

Roller

Smash Legend
Top 2? ****.

inb4 lose 1 set, get knocked out.

#APEX

EDIT: Also. Sucks you can't come, DRN. You're a cool guy, and I felt really bad about not getting a chance to play with you at SKTAR after you'd been all excited to on day 1.

I have a little more incentive to find a way to WABA now tho, I guess.

On the bright side... 1 less ZSS!!! My chances of doing well just increased exponentially. Hype.

ZTD | TECHnology

Also I need a teammate now. Very good stock tank and support. I have a legit track record as well. I need an assertive partner.

:dedede: and :warioc: here .

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Top two? Holy ****. How many pools do you plan on running? You aiming for a 16 man bracket or some ish?

Also, head to head should apply to a three way tie as well. If you, me, and Roller each have the same W/L, but you beat the first seed while Roller beat both of us, Roller should advance. Note that it's highly unlikely and takes some odd traded sets among lower seeded players as well, but should still resolve to head-to-head.

Roller

Smash Legend
Ryker. I like you. You give excellent examples.

How did P1 turn out the way he did, when everyone else from your region are great people?

And I think 32 man bracket.

But I swear to God. If I go 3-1, beat the ****ing first seed, and DON'T get out. AGAIN. I might quit.

EDIT: Xatic. If you want to make it out. I can help you there, depending on how much work you're willing to put in.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
Cmon ryker use brain.

If theres 96 people who come, there would be 24 pools of 4 ish. If top 2 make it out it's 48 man bracket.

16 man bracket would be 8 pools of like 12 people each. That would never end lmao.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Cmon ryker use brain.

If theres 96 people who come, there would be 24 pools of 4 ish. If top 2 make it out it's 48 man bracket.

16 man bracket would be 8 pools of like 12 people each. That would never end lmao.
Run bracket pools, imo.

I hate looking at brackets when you ran pools and every single first seed is up to play against any other first seed in the second round (assuming you beat a second seed). Leads to some janky *** brackets for a tournament with pools to help seed. Manual seeding among those that got out of pools placing more value on some first seeds than others I absolutely despise. I'd rather see MJG vs. Kain in round two than that.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
We'll talk at somepoint.

Also. Good Falco players. Teach me your ways at this. And I suppose I could help you get better at the ICs mu.
1.) Recognize ICs player.
2.) Call for blind pick.
3.) Pick another character.
4.) ??????????
5.) Profit

There is all the advice you need for either side of that offer.

Kel

Smash Master
Remember that time at Apex when Fino was the only guy from the MW to make it out of round two pools? MW gets floored by top two make it out pools.

We had DEHF in our pool so it was pretty much head to head with Fino and myself as DEHF was clearly making it out.

MJG

Smash Hero
Remember that time at Apex when Fino was the only guy from the MW to make it out of round two pools? MW gets floored by top two make it out pools.

We had DEHF in our pool so it was pretty much head to head with Fino and myself as DEHF was clearly making it out.
Fino AND Delux made it out of round two pools.

ForKS ftw.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
Run bracket pools, imo.

I hate looking at brackets when you ran pools and every single first seed is up to play against any other first seed in the second round (assuming you beat a second seed). Leads to some janky *** brackets for a tournament with pools to help seed. Manual seeding among those that got out of pools placing more value on some first seeds than others I absolutely despise. I'd rather see MJG vs. Kain in round two than that.
This I can agree with. But 16 man bracket from top 2 making it out with this many people is lunacy.

You know we could always go MLG style and go straight bracket seeding based on name lol. Nobody good starts with the letter S that's coming.

Roller

Smash Legend
Ryker, I meant with whatever character the Falco player uses against ICs. lol, doesn't have to be the Falco v ICs mu.

Also. I want advice on how to use Falco. Not play against him. So like. Doesn't help on either side of the coin really.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Roller I'll help you out. Falco's probably my best character now, for all intents and purposes.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Top 2 receiving far more complaints than I expected. Shall we do top 3, then? Like if people are willing to risk us running until 1 AM then we can go for it.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Yeah after thinking about it some more T3 make it out, it only really adds 40 minutes and making sure the tournament runs on time is my responsibility not yours

We now have a 48 man bracket. Sorry for the confusion.

SoulPech

Smash Master
how is this an issue when you're 2 hours away? like is it not possible for you to put your setup in the trunk with 5 people?

if you absolutely can't then i would advocate taking your TV to the venue this weekend and seeing if we can leave it there
My TV is too big for the trunk T_T

:phone:

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Top 2 receiving far more complaints than I expected. Shall we do top 3, then? Like if people are willing to risk us running until 1 AM then we can go for it.
There ya go.
Yeah after thinking about it some more T3 make it out, it only really adds 40 minutes and making sure the tournament runs on time is my responsibility not yours

We now have a 48 man bracket. Sorry for the confusion.
It's better to do top 3 since so many good people are coming from OoS that top 2 would make it much more stacked by comparison in terms of pools.

:018:

clowsui

Smash Legend
That's fine

I would much rather have my tournament be remembered as "fun" than "competitive", it'd be best to have both but that's not necessarily feasible + "competitive" means different things to different levels of players esp due to differences in skill levels

For the record, Joe, you'd better be the first to stand up for me when stupid EC heads complain about my (and other MW tournaments) being "not stacked", if this is the case. I'm happy to run 48 man but I just wish there was more of a way to make pools seem more competitive and hype.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
I'm fine with top 2. And I was fine with it at APEX too.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
That's fine

I would much rather have my tournament be remembered as "fun" than "competitive", it'd be best to have both but that's not necessarily feasible + "competitive" means different things to different levels of players esp due to differences in skill levels

For the record, Joe, you'd better be the first to stand up for me when stupid EC heads complain about my (and other MW tournaments) being "not stacked", if this is the case. I'm happy to run 48 man but I just wish there was more of a way to make pools seem more competitive and hype.
I'd think you would want a tournament to run more competitively by nature due to having to put money in to play. Fun is a relative term. Your goal should be to promote competition. I think top 3>top 2 because it allows less troubles with making pools/seeding and more competition for bracket compared to top 2. Now the possible upsets can occur and lower/mid level players have more a reason to go since they could get out of pools.

I'll definitely defend you if people ****talk.

:018:

JTsm

Smash Master
I was scared that it was top 2, because then P1 wouldn't make it out :(

Anyways, I can't wait for this. Gonna be so hype.

Also, make sure the seeding is right. And when I mean right, I don't mean let TechChase do it. Let WTP do the seeding.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
I really can't wait for this! Ashley is coming down for this! <3

And I actually have the day off afterwords so I can stay up late and do money matches or whatever. :D omg omg omg <3

:phone:

ZTD | TECHnology

I don't care, do whatever. I won't be going anymore. I have no ride and JTsm's car has everyone. I'm not going to add stress trying to plot methods of going when I have no options. So have fun everyone.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I don't care, do whatever. I won't be going anymore. I have no ride and JTsm's car has everyone. I'm not going to add stress trying to plot methods of going when I have no options. So have fun everyone.
Get in Nate's car they are looking for people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom