• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clowsui and Hilt present: RETRIBUTION//Results are up

Status
Not open for further replies.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
is Rikku/Auspher going to this?

actually haven't seen Auspher post in like forever does he even still play?

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
You can catch me at the nearest college campus then after I get eliminated

so basically around 1pm.

#OhioGirls

Chi I'm def part of main commentary staff tho correct?

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
i refuse to have P1 be on my stream talking :L

but really Xatic, Chi, and I have everyone we want in mind already.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
TK, I'm sorry that I cannot bring Helen to this tournament like I did last time :c

idk if i can even go anyway. parents wont give me a straight answer. Like, I need to get to Cleveland to get a ride to cincy....
silly parents.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
You guys suck at derailing threads.

So, if you don't bring wii's we are going to play something wack for pools. I vote Bomberman pools.

steep

Smash Lord
I'm thinking I might come to this. It's been a little while since I've been to a tourney. I would probably bring a friend or two.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
The ****? Ohio girls are just as bad as MI girls... Or worse.

Stick with the East Coast, imo.
ehhh lived on the east coast like 17 of the 23 years I've been alive. everyone likes what they don't have. lol

ya you're commentating TK
hype.

TK, I'm sorry that I cannot bring Helen to this tournament like I did last time :c

idk if i can even go anyway. parents wont give me a straight answer. Like, I need to get to Cleveland to get a ride to cincy....
silly parents.
LOL it's cool I just like to see all of my favorites whenever I come up because I don't come up a lot.

besides I was excited to see you too. I mean we didn't really talk last time but now we share music interest which is always instant friendship/bonding with me. lol

hope you get a straight answer soon tho.

MJG

Smash Hero
Doubles not being first last time ended up working out pretty well lulz...

actually it was more a mixed bag. Putting singles pools first gives incentives for those who value singles to make it on time but that being said, those who will be late are often those who can't control it so I wasn't correctly incentivizing
I DONT KNOW. I STILL HAVE COMPLAINTS ABOUT PLAYING 2 AND A HALF HOURS AFTER WINNERS FINALS SINCE WE LOST THE VENUE.

Doubles should always be first IMO

clowsui

Smash Legend
That has nothing to do w Doubles not being first, that has to do with people not following directions and us not being able to use all our setups for doubles (and not because amateur bracket was happening).

But that's all on me, so w/e. I've done all the math this time around and conclusively doubles before singles pools is hands down a better format

JTsm

Smash Master
I think Amateur bracket was just taking too long. We should be ok.

clowsui

Smash Legend
The amateur bracket setups were just 'extra'

our choice to do a 48 man bracket in addition to not being able to use every single setup for doubles due to poor floor planning really ****ed us. we essentially were only able to use 8 TVs for doubles rather than 16, which made our bracket run half as fast.

it's also worth noting that hilt and i weren't clear and consistent enough when giving instructions to players when singles was going on, and thus we allowed bottlenecks to happen

MJG

Smash Hero
That has nothing to do w Doubles not being first, that has to do with people not following directions and us not being able to use all our setups for doubles (and not because amateur bracket was happening).

But that's all on me, so w/e. I've done all the math this time around and conclusively doubles before singles pools is hands down a better format
I probably should of quoted the part of your post that said "the tourney ran well". I wasn't very satisfied with having to play that late, but not everything can be perfect. The last event isn't enough to keep me away from this event anyways.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Ohhh okay I understand. No, what I meant to say was "doubles being second accomplished what I intended it to"...but I can see why people think it contributed to the tournament itself not running well (which should be my #1 goal anyways), hence the other comment

Anyways, this time will hopefully be lots better! =) I've done quite a bit more legwork in terms of math and crap, so it should all work out. The projection is that the latest we get out is midnight

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
You guys suck at derailing threads.

So, if you don't bring wii's we are going to play something wack for pools. I vote Bomberman pools.
Bomberman Pools is weak.
Kansas City Brawl usually does Bomberman for Winners AND Grand Finals

Spoiler Alert: I always lose at Bomberman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom