• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clash of the Titans 5! ~ Twitter Updates @vVv_ChiboSempai

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patches

Smash Master
If dirt is getting a refund for his doubles money, then I'm either gonna be teaming with fuddo, or someone completely new, not from cananda.

If anyone is interested, let me know before the 11th where ill be talking to fuddo about teaming with him.

:phone:

Sharky

Smash Master
chibo whenever you get the chance i'm withdrawing from dubs

also where do i go to get this train to the new venue? and how much more is it costing me?

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Actually no, **** it, I'm still doing teams.

But I'll be going my secondary. I've been running through my options lately and think I've found a solid choice. Not Marth, he was starting to screw with my spacing in Melee.

Also seconding what KT says, there needs to be somewhere to shower for free if I'm gonna be in Jersey overnight.

GUARD

Smash Journeyman
I miss seeing people from Ontario (Toronto) too. Can't wait to see you guys.

2 DAY FUSION HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Crews-

a Strawhat Pirate
An issue that may come from housing with Eazy is that alot of the players don't have cars so I was going to be driving from Eazy's place to the venue, then back to Eazy's to pick up more and back to the venue again.

If the distance becomes 35+ mins away it becomes a problem because I won't want to take multiple trips but I doubt I can fit that many people in my car. I think Eazy has an SUV though which could solve that. I'll speak to him.

@ Patches: Yeah, everything should still be good for housing and rides.
It doesn't solve the problem, but I will be driving a van up and there will only be 3 of us in it. It can comfortably hold 6 or 7, but we can prob squeeze a few extra in. So basically I can take like 3 to 5 extra people to the venue from Eazy's.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
The problem isn't the Venue itself but that it's a FUSION. Fusion's have never been successful and now u want to hold a national there? There is just a stigma associated with fusions that makes it seem bad.

The venue itself is cool. It's actually pretty spacey and i can see it holding 100+ EASILY. but Chibo you held what 3-4 tournaments there already? And they never passed the 40+ mark. I just don't see this being successful

COT5 was HYPED cause it was in Philly-Cheesestakes,Rocky themes,Sight seeing etc. People outside of philly were coming for more then just smash. Now it's just a Fusion(O wait my bad A MEGA FUSION!) Lol.

Ill come. I mean i already took the days off of work. But im dehyped. I don't blame u personally Chibo. **** Happens and i know your trying to do the best u can. Just calling it how it is.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
When you're calling it like it is, you said it yourself, the venue is fine. I'm doing what I can and there is no problem.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Yeah real talk the venue change doesn't seem like its that big a deal(the chance it could be 24 hours is great for you broke hoes). Chibo going out his way to help people who it really affects anyway, I'm still down, this gonna be the EC Genesis.

Hype sons :017:

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Yeah real talk the venue change doesn't seem like its that big a deal(the chance it could be 24 hours is great for you broke hoes). Chibo going out his way to help people who it really affects anyway, I'm still down, this gonna be the EC Genesis.Hype sons :017:
Ill love to be proven wrong but.... Well whatever ill stop with the bad vibes.

Whats the deal with the time of closing though chibo? Is it 24hrs or what?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Not 100% sure if it's going to be 24 hours yet, but I'm going to push for it to be so and it shouldn't be hard to do. The venue has done lock ins before. If it's not 24 hours, there won't be an end time, so we can still finish whatever tourney matches need to be done, things like that.

The owners first working on getting one of the vacant stores in the mall first that's even bigger. I should have a status update later today or tomorrow at the latest.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I just finished canceling the philly venue. I talked to the fusion owner yesterday and everything should be fine, which is when he told he was going to try to get us the bigger store. I'll be talking to him again later today or tomorrow. Once details are 100% confirmed then I'll be redoing the OP and all information, letting everyone know, dealing with any refunds that need to be given, etc.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Pools will be up the week prior to the event. Between 2 and 5 days before it likely. When online reg goes back up it will be up until 7 days before the event, which is when pools will be made.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Ok everything is set with the South Jersey location, it's 100% going to be there.

6725 Black Horse Pike
Egg Harbor Township, NJ

I will be updating all of the information after the weekend is over. On Monday the owner of Fusion is going to talk with the mall manager (he's already been talking to him about it) to get the final word on if we can use one of the vacant stores in the mall. If all goes to plan then it will be in a store three times the size of Fusion already outfitted with tables, chairs, everything. If this can't happen, it will be in the Fusion store. Either way it works, but this vacant store would be hype.

There's also a hotel within walking distance so early next week I'm going to contact them about a group discount rate. Even if I can't get it though, it's cheaper than the discounted Philadelphia Hotel we were going to use lol.

Online registration will re-open likely on Monday, or Tuesday at the latest. The fee will not increase from what it is now, and stay at $30 + $15 + $10. This will be the price for online reg and at the door, though online is still preferred so I can have name badges ready + pools will be made online ahead of time. When I re-open online registration I will also allow anyone to get a full refund if they must because of the venue change, but this is going to be as good, if not better now.

For everyone who already has public transportation planned going to Philadelphia, I will be talking to you soon to set up something helping you guys get from Philly to the venue in South Jersey. Anyone who was housing with me or Vex, I'll be helping you guys out as well getting you all situated in South Jersey.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Keit I'll be talking with you soon with the details on your housing and such and how the venue change effects it, and how I can help out if needed

AlexoftheAura

yaylatias.gif
NNID
AlexoftheAura
Will there be registration at the door? There is a small chance of me making it now but I won't know for another week or two.

_umbra_

Smash Champion
I guess this'll be my first oos brawl tournament then -_- I'll have to arrange public trans and **** but I still plan on coming ^_^

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Will there be registration at the door? There is a small chance of me making it now but I won't know for another week or two.
Yes there will

I guess this'll be my first oos brawl tournament then -_- I'll have to arrange public trans and **** but I still plan on coming ^_^
You need to talk to TKCK about it, I will too also if you want
It's only 40 min further, that's not much. And no worries with parking or extra tolls, worthy trade off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom