• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clash of the Titans 5! ~ Twitter Updates @vVv_ChiboSempai

Status
Not open for further replies.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
If venue is already accounted for, why increase price?
1. The venue still has to be paid lol. It's a signed contract where a small percentage of it is already paid now, and the rest of it is paid later (right before the event). However I'm working with my sponsor on this to make sure the finances are fine (no money missing situation will happen). If we somehow don't make it up the money for the venue, it's on them (however don't worry, we will), that's besides the point really.

2. The more money we make, the better of a tournament it is. The more I can pay staff for doing an awesome job, the more staff I can have, bonus money that can be added to the pot, pay out more for setups people bring, etc etc.

But above all else:

3. Get people to sign up asap. With the increase in price structure, I'm having a couple very affordable prices ($15 and $20 in March and April respectively) compared to the jump to $30 in May to get people to sign up mostly in March and April. This way I have money for the venue on time easily, I can decide how much to pay back for setups, we can decide on a bonus pot, other special things, etc.

Everyone sign up and tell your friends to sign up, it's worth it. And the earlier people sign up = the better the tournament. A mini feature just went up on AiB so that's drawing in people, and I have another exciting advertising campaign that's going to be on AiB very soon that people will love. I'll be going flyer crazy around the local campuses within a month (can't do it too early so the flyers aren't taken down and casuals don't forget), etc etc. I want this to be the premiere Brawl event of the year.

Lobos

Smash Master
I rather have extra money go to food....like @ pound 3 with all the pizzas than go to a bonus pot for like 8 players

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
That's an extra thing, not a priority, and is sponsor based, the players aren't directly paying for it. Aka the more venue we get to pay off = the more they will put in to the pot.

The tourney is still very cheap compared to like every national, $15-$20 venue fee is awesome

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I'll try to put up a list of potential housers soon, but there isn't too many. I'm going to try and get a hotel deal like I did for CoT4, then you guys can get rooms and cram all the people you want into them.

Brawlin

Smash Journeyman
I'll try to put up a list of potential housers soon, but there isn't too many. I'm going to try and get a hotel deal like I did for CoT4, then you guys can get rooms and cram all the people you want into them.
Ok sounds good. I may be able to figure something out but I'll see.

So hype tho, even tho this is still like 3 months away. I want to dubs too but I doubt I'll find a partner. Still hype tho!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I'll be using the BBR-RC rules, and of course LGL is being discussed after WHOBO stuff. I can almost guarantee you there will be one. The BBR-RC rules don't stay the same, they can be rediscussed and changed as soon as something bad happens, aka Whobo.

_umbra_

Smash Champion
I've never been a fan of ledge grab limits... I don't plank people, but I feel most comfortable off stage, which means a lot of ledge grabbing -_- I know it's mad tough to get to the limit without trying, but it always scares me, you know?

I know it's unavoidable at this point... it's just a shame that a couple ******s went and took things wayyyy too seriously so everyone else gets boned :( not gonna lie though, a dk timing someone out is ****ing hilarious

Patches

Smash Master
With you housing us Canadians, Chibo, I just have a question. With me being the only smoker (as far as I know) being housed by you, what are your rules on that? Like... Is there a balcony I can smoke off of or do I have to completely leave the apartment to do so?

It's not that big of an issue, I'm just curious. Lol.

KT Kasrani

Smash Champion
With you housing us Canadians, Chibo, I just have a question. With me being the only smoker (as far as I know) being housed by you, what are your rules on that? Like... Is there a balcony I can smoke off of or do I have to completely leave the apartment to do so?

wat do u smoke?

i enjoy sparking up wit random smashers around the world

DarkISDA

Smash Lord

-1 respect for you :(

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed

You have to leave, but it's not like the door is far or anything. It's not a huge apartment complex or anything. But yea, also perhaps chill for like 5 min or something after your done to get the smell off if you don't mind, I hate smoke n stuff (I have asthma), but you can still stay.

@ Chibo are Pools going to be posted on smashboards the week before the tourney like how Pound do it.
Yea they will be. Online reg will end either May 31st or like the first week or two of June, not too sure yet. Pools will be put online approximately a week before the event.

Patches

Smash Master
No problem at all Chibo, What I may do is just avoid smoking while I'm at your house completely. It'd probably make things ten times easier for you.

Patches

Smash Master
Tin. You're just hating on me now. ):

But in all seriousness, if it makes things easier for everyone, while I'm at Chibo's house, I just wont smoke. And if I like... absolutely need one, then I'll just go on a walk and explore Philly. (:

DarkISDA

Smash Lord
Tin. You're just hating on me now. ):

But in all seriousness, if it makes things easier for everyone, while I'm at Chibo's house, I just wont smoke. And if I like... absolutely need one, then I'll just go on a walk and explore Philly. (:
If you want to know, if you smoke outside, I don't mind at all. +1 from me dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom