• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clash of the Titans 5! ~ Twitter Updates @vVv_ChiboSempai

Status
Not open for further replies.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I'm going to make a housing thread in the next week or so. That way anyone who can house can say so there and anyone that needs housing can say so as well and then they can coordinate.

--

In other news, everyone step up your registration! Early registration ends at the end of March, and the price will increase after that. If you know you're coming, there is no reason to wait and end up paying more!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
updated the OP a bit, organized stuff better, updated some sections, etc.

i promise to look into that atl south tournament later today, and get progress on finding a west coast event for the cot5 combo

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Bonus pot?? Where??

Wish it said how much in the title.

10grrrs

Edit: Nvm, saw that the exact number won't be announced yet.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I don't know the exact amount yet, I'm currently negotiating it with the sponsors. We are working on whether it will be a combined pot or a bonus pot. A combined pot being like they guarantee there will be at least $3500 in singles or something, so say we only bring in $3000, they would add $500. A pot bonus would just be adding a flat fee to the pot. Then beyond that, we're also working on what are appropriate values. Either way, there should be something. They are already helping with the venue, so we're just working out the numbers and stuff, but I wanted to let people know that there should be something added (and if worst comes to worst I'll add some to the pot myself), so there will be some sort of pot bonus. I wanted to let people know before it got too late for early registration, which people need to get on asap.

Keitaro

Regarding housing, its tough to really find anyone who is willing to house people already. Alot of players preferably want to house people they know so unless you get a hotel room and pack a bunch of smashers into it, housing maybe hard to find so early unless its from Chibo.

As for only 4 people registered, people are lazy, slow, etc. Clearly this tournament will have ALOT of players here, as alot of people say they are coming, they just haven't registered yet and alot of them probably don't even know registration is up atm.

Regarding housing, its tough to really find anyone who is willing to house people already. Alot of players preferably want to house people they know so unless you get a hotel room and pack a bunch of smashers into it, housing maybe hard to find so early unless its from Chibo.

As for only 4 people registered, people are lazy, slow, etc. Clearly this tournament will have ALOT of players here, as alot of people say they are coming, they just haven't registered yet and alot of them probably don't even know registration is up atm.
Where can I find out housing info?

Smashers are lazy. Wait until like 2 or 3 weeks before the event and you'll see people, or maybe 1 week

VideoGameBootCamp, same recording/streaming plan as last tournament? Also, how should we share videos. You should definitely get semis and finals for each event

Brawlin

Smash Journeyman
Is there any way to join early without paying? I don't have a credit card yet, and this will probably be my first tournament. I would be able to pay at the tournament though.

Keitaro

Oh nice!!

Btw I'm now officially registered!! I want the registration numbers of the US to beat the Canadians soon.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Just so everyone knows, prices are going to change (and increase a bit), however the prices for March and April registration ($15 and $20 respectively) will stay the same. So this still makes it a very cheap tourney compared to most nationals if you sign up early. I can not stress how important it is to sign up by the end of April. Besides the fact that you save money, based on the number of entrants signed up at the end of April I will determine how much money I will be giving for people bringing setups and a possibility of how much a bonus pot will be for the event. The more people that sign up by the end of April, the more money will be given away.

However don't worry, venue is already accounted for, so lets say a ton of people don't sign up by the end of April, we'll still be ok lol. It's just better for all of you to do so to save money + I'll be able to give more money for people bringing setups + add more money to the pot.

I will update the reg list tonight (I have like 3 more people to add to it), and update the other price info and such. Just know that March and April reg will stay the same.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
pricing information has been updated in the OP, the price will increase each month however march and april will stay the same. everyone register asap, i will be deciding how much I can offer people to bring setups + a bonus pot at the end of april depending on the number of people signed up. the more people registered = more money back to the players and a better event!
the reg list keeps growing, we're up to 12 people, keep em coming!

Keitaro

Do you guys have some sort of rankings over there? I was just wondering in regards to seeding in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom