• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clash of the Titans 5! ~ Twitter Updates @vVv_ChiboSempai

Status
Not open for further replies.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i really have no idea where everyone stayed at CoT4 lmao
the hotel i set up told me only like 4 or so rooms were used (WOULDA SUCKED IF THAT WAS POUND 5 lol)
I housed like 25, Inui housed like 50, then tons of random smashers in the area housed ppl

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
something like that iirc
he just had mad hotel rooms open and charged a small fee
cheap housing that was 45 min away from the venue, not bad at all

Gichan

Smash Champion
Just want to add my word on the whole GTA "monthly" **** and all. Some things I gotta point out. I don't INTEND on those being montlies, we get the dates available and we select them. In fact, there wouldn't have been a tournmanet this Month because TFNS didn't have dates for us, luckily my boss let me use the venue (same one as in OPC) for this month's tournament. I am totally against monthlies because they have **** attendance but it just has worked like that for now. So when I hear, "it's just a monthly, it's nothing" NO, **** THAT cause a lot of work is put into ALL of them. At the moment, not only do we have this CoT5 pass to be given, there is a going to be a legit stream AND I'm speaking to a potential sponsor for it to. So far, this has been the most effort put into a tourney and this was BEFORE this pass was announced. And who's to say there will be one in April? **** I'm ****ing busy that month and may not be able to, so it may be up to Tin solely if he wants to do it.

Now this is no hate googs (citrus), you're sexy and all, but I just had to say a few words cause that's also MY work and effort put into those tournaments and I guess I felt it as a personal offence. Do you know how much money I lose at each tournament? Nearly $100. I pay for people to enter because I care for attendance and the growing of our scene...so each matters lol

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i understand all the probs and such but it's prob best to just keep it out of this thread, and well just keep it out of anywhere lol
all tourneys are awesome, i wish i had a cot5 combo pass to giveaway at every canada tournament from now till june but i dont lol

fUddO

Smash Ace
i didnt forget. Cap that **** at 8 people max like you said earlier in the thread and we'll all be good

me, hrnut and canada can stay at your place just like CoT4 actually...lol. weird how history repeats itself like that
Canada is looking like more than 8 people at the moment, which is ****ing sweet.

KT Kasrani

Smash Champion
im not housing anyone. so dont come to me askin me to do so.

actually ii might if they if they fall under one of these categories

gotta be black- im a rascist

gotta be cool

have to smoke

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
im not housing anyone. so dont come to me askin me to do so.

actually ii might if they if they fall under one of these categories

gotta be black- im a rascist

gotta be cool

have to smoke
*almost raises hand*

sorry brah, no smoking around these black lungs :laugh:

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
To what list lol?

Oh the interested attendees in the OP? I stopped updating that since reg is now up. When I update the OP today or tomorrow it's going to become a list of people who are registered so far.

Patches

Smash Master
I need to know this as soon as possible.

Can myself, Fishy and Joe get housing. If we do, we'd like to stay the extra night and leave Monday. And I need to know this like... ASAP, so I can change our tickets. Please let me know.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I also really need housing. Hell, I'll sleep in someone's garage if I have to, and use my bag for a pillow.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
I need to know this as soon as possible.

Can myself, Fishy and Joe get housing. If we do, we'd like to stay the extra night and leave Monday. And I need to know this like... ASAP, so I can change our tickets. Please let me know.
^ This This (non Americans should get priority at Chibo's)

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I can say firstly that anyone not driving to the tournament (that doesn't live in philly) gets priority at my place, since I'm within walkable distance from the venue.
I gotta see how many ppl I can fit, and who else can house.

Patches

Smash Master
I can say firstly that anyone not driving to the tournament (that doesn't live in philly) gets priority at my place, since I'm within walkable distance from the venue.
I gotta see how many ppl I can fit, and who else can house.
Well, I'd love it if you could let me know within the next couple of days. That why, I can change the tickets that we have now. It'd be ten times better to leave on Monday morning instead of right after the tourney.

so.. yeah, just let me know Chibo. <3

Patches

Smash Master
Double post.

Are crews happening at this, btw? Seeing that Canada has 9 people confirmed, I think it'd be ferking awesome.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Unless there is specifically time to organize a crews event, crews are free to organize crew battles on their own in free play time and I can post the results in the results thread if they want.

Patches

Smash Master
I think it'd be awesome. Especially if I get to play. First National event and I get in crews, **** yeah. <3

and congrats on 19,000 posts. (;

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
oh word I didn't notice lol
I now have the 8th most amount of posts on the site. But stingers is still 2 spots ahead of me urrgghhh

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Does anyone want me to try and get a hotel deal goin?

The closest hotel is like 4 blocks away, it's a fairly nice Sheraton. Normally rooms are like $240 a night or so, but when I did the hotel deal for CoT4 I got it down to $130 per night. Only prob is like only 4 rooms were reserved lol, which is why I ask, I'm not sure if it's worth it.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
make sure you let people know parking costs $20 a night at that hotel >.<

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
It's a city, what do you expect? However there are other places you can park which are within walking distance, and since you realistically don't need to go to your car from when you arrive to when you leave it's not that big a deal. Afterall I live here and park on the streets. Basically in the area I live (right north of my campus, a 15 minute walk from the venue), pretty much every street is free parking on Sat and Sun (and Friday after 4pm and Monday until 10am), and there are some streets that are free 24 hours. Obviously living here I have to park in a 24 hour section but for people coming to the tournament they can park in any of the weekend free parking zones, it's worth it to get free parking and have to walk 15 minutes. I'm going to talk to Drexel soon and see if they can hook me up with a deal in their parking garage since I'm hosting an event there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom