• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clash of the Titans 5! ~ Twitter Updates @vVv_ChiboSempai

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Chibo's such a nice man.

If possible Quebec should just travel over to that Ont tourney and fight for the pass if its not to far.

Hope I was correct with the countries there.

Edit: y'all gay for having a $1 to $2 bus ride to this lol!

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
venue is already accounted for 100% BEFORE i started getting any payments from players so you can rest assured everything with payouts is 100% safe
good to know that when me and keitaro win teams we'll get all our funds earned

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
whom are quebec's two best players aren't they?
maybe the pass will get another player or two to make the trip who think they can win the pass
share the hype!

-Googs

Smash Lord
whom are quebec's two best players aren't they?
maybe the pass will get another player or two to make the trip who think they can win the pass
share the hype!
They have monthlies, this monthly is a bad time for not only me, but for other players since is around exams. The april monthly or even may would be a way better date for a lot of people. They are trying to over-hype a monthly...its nothing more than a monthly, give us fair warning for the pass so people who aren't going to this monthly have way bigger incentive to go to the next one. THATS hype.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Googs be mad over reacting. Of all the regions in Canada, southern Ontario does have the biggest attendance and the most cross over for regions (that being quebec coming). Ally and Holy are Quebec's top 2 and really they are the only ones who would have a chance at that pass (except Swordgard who now plays sheik so really not anymore, but Stroumbert can beat Holy nightmare).

I believe its like 8 hours to come to GTA.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
if the next one isn't until a month away that's a tad bit late imo, i was hoping none of the events would be later than mid april, late march preferred

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
if the next one isn't until a month away that's a tad bit late imo, i was hoping none of the events would be later than mid april, late march preferred
which reminds me

Look at that tourney i was telling you about in Tallahassee, FL the end of this month that will have AL GA possibly NC, and of course FL

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I'll take a look at it tomorrow

gaahhhhh so much stuff to do this week, can't wait till friday/saturday

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Googs be mad over reacting. Of all the regions in Canada, southern Ontario does have the biggest attendance and the most cross over for regions (that being quebec coming). Ally and Holy are Quebec's top 2 and really they are the only ones who would have a chance at that pass (except Swordgard who now plays sheik so really not anymore, but Stroumbert can beat Holy nightmare).

I believe its like 8 hours to come to GTA.
You're right, I do hope Chibosempai choose this tournament for Canada. If I end up winning the pass, I'm coming 100% to COT5.

-Googs

Smash Lord
Well then i am no longer attending, and have lost the LITTTTTTTTTTTTLE respect I had for chibo

and that's tough cause he's such a big guy

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I'm sorry for anything bad that might have come from any decisions I have made, if you want to send me a pm about any concerns I would be glad to reply/talk to you about it

-Googs

Smash Lord
I voiced my concerns, that you are giving the combo to a last tournament that only gave 2-3 weeks notice. For the less fortunate people on a lower budget, bus tickets at that point are to expensive for a monthly, all I asked was to wait for the next monthly so people who have less money and actually but MORE EFFORT to attend and keep the community growing, get punished for the one time they don't show. THAT is my concern. The ONLY reason holy is agreeing with tin is cause he wants to win and can afford to go to these monthlies on short notice. You've made the decision, I understand. I will not attend, it's cool. No hard feelings.

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
QQ more Googs.

When i met you, you didn't seem like a little *****, but it's apparent that you are. YOU can't make it to that tourney, but others can. You have a personal bias in this as well, just like Holy.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
chibo wants the tourneys that he gives a combo pass to happen in March

honestly be happy that hes doing this at all. not alot of tourneys, as far as my knowledge goes, have ever done this for brawl

Theres honestly a 95% chance i cant even go to the tourney i suggested for chibo to use for the south, but that tourney is gonna be the most attendance from various states so it only makes sense to choose that one for us. He should pick the one thats gonna have the most varied attendanced in Canada as far as regions of the country go.

-Googs

Smash Lord
Hey sorry nasty, I'm not normally this whiny. It's a personal thing with my region, they over-hype to much.

All I really wanted to say was, the next monthly will have a higher attendance, and would be more beneficial. if Chibo can't wait that long, then I understand. It's cool guys. I get it now. I was under the impression Chibo was undecided and Tin was trying to persuade Chibo for the march one cause he knows he's not going and is scurred of me

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
I voiced my concerns, that you are giving the combo to a last tournament that only gave 2-3 weeks notice. For the less fortunate people on a lower budget, bus tickets at that point are to expensive for a monthly, all I asked was to wait for the next monthly so people who have less money and actually but MORE EFFORT to attend and keep the community growing, get punished for the one time they don't show. THAT is my concern. The ONLY reason holy is agreeing with tin is cause he wants to win and can afford to go to these monthlies on short notice. You've made the decision, I understand. I will not attend, it's cool. No hard feelings.
I agreed on Tinman concerning the location, but yeah I understand how the short of notice can hurt a lot of people such as you, Guard, Techiyo and any other person interesting into winning the pass. But let's face fact, even myself am not garanteed to get this pass. Nothing is stopping you from still trying to go to Cot5 though, those 2$ seat are really cheap and I hope more people from Canada go to Cot5.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Yea I would rather not wait for the next monthly. I'm aiming for all cot5 giveaway events to be done by mid april at latest (late march preferably). the only area i can possibly let slide is AN north since it's so close to the tournament.
for the time frame im looking for and what's available, spring showdown makes the most sense

-Googs

Smash Lord
Citrus calm UP (lol) not to be mean but you wouldn't have won the pass unless you brought some kind of steroids practice
I understand that elliot, I wasn't expecting to. I think my point got blown out of proportion, so i'll say it one last time

The april monthly would have more attendees therefore more fair.

THAT'S all i really wanted to prove.

Chibo explained it's to late so I understand

No worries everyone, s'all good. lol.

Patches

Smash Master
I agree with Holy here. Regardless if you can't attend the next tourney, Googs. You should go to CoT5. I mean, the cheap bus tickets we get are absolutely insane. A **** ton of people in Canada should go to this. There's absolutely no reason why we shouldn't. It'll cost us from $2, to maybe $20 to get to Philly. How often do you get that kind of luck? It's insane. The only reason why people from our region can't go to this should be if they have like... parents that are complete *******s or some ****. I mean, I told my mother about these tickets and she basically told me " as soon as those tickets are available, you better f'ing get them. "

I'm glad this is gonna be my first national tournament. My first time going to the states in YEARS, too. This opportunity is too good to pass up.

I'd also like to mention this, on a personal note. This won't be my last National. If I can find a source of income, I'd gladly go to more, learn more, and get better. This is a beautiful opportunity for people like myself who've been in the scene for like... two years, and have hit that block where you can't improve too quickly due to the lack of people to play. ( I live in a small town, 2 hours away from our scene ). I'm going to learn so much from this tournament, and I really couldn't be any happier that I have this opportunity.

So you people in the states will learn to fear the name Patches. :U

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
it's w/e

so anyway weve got midwest canada and southwest taken care of. im looking into pac went on aib. il look into the event gdx suggested tomorrow. all that's left is atl north. then perhaps chat up some euro players and see if any of them are interested in such a venture.

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
Hey sorry nasty, I'm not normally this whiny. It's a personal thing with my region, they over-hype to much.

All I really wanted to say was, the next monthly will have a higher attendance, and would be more beneficial. if Chibo can't wait that long, then I understand. It's cool guys. I get it now. I was under the impression Chibo was undecided and Tin was trying to persuade Chibo for the march one cause he knows he's not going and is scurred of me
It's cool, bro. No hard feelings between us. I probably shouldn't have gotten involved anyway... none of my business. :)

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Also double post.

Anyone could host Me and Holy at the very least for now? Pwease ;)
while people are housing i just want to note that i definitely called 2 spots in chibo's 8-cap housing situation

just sayin'

*goes back to playing pokemon black history month*

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i need to rent a freicken house -_-

people are forgetting that i live in a one bedroom apartment lol

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i need to rent a freicken house -_-

people are forgetting that i live in a one bedroom apartment lol
i didnt forget. Cap that **** at 8 people max like you said earlier in the thread and we'll all be good

me, hrnut and canada can stay at your place just like CoT4 actually...lol. weird how history repeats itself like that

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i dont wanna make any final promises till i find out who in the area can house first, and what makes the most sense for who to house where and what nights people need housing when

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Last COT a certain smasher housed about 10+ smashers in the basement and living room of his house. He also lives 5 mins away from the venue. If he's able to do it again I'll let ya'll know :D

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i dont care about logic I JUST WANT HOUSING NAO! :laugh:

nah j/k. i understand

...just know that i really did call that **** first :awesome:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom