• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chula Vista/San Diego Smash Presents: The Gauntlet April 28th

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
Sorry, should i have said something earlier?

Well my parents are kinda weird about the whole tournament thing, but they would definantly rather pick me up the next day.....so i think saturdays are definantly a good idea. I mean if WGF was on a sunday and monday or even just a sunday but went really late I couldnt have gone.

ddayyum oats must be excited about all the little boys showing up.
I always wondered why Mr.Oats liked me so much and played as a little boy in my little boy video game.

UnderWing

Smash Apprentice
I thought of Gursalug's ****ty DS game that he was playing and lol'd.

As for the Saturday/Sunday debate, I don't have *too* much of an opinion -- every other Friday I'm out late, but at the same time, I usually have a test or something Mondays, so it's totally a push for me. If anyone ever has any problems getting a ride *back* on Sundays, if you're somewhere between the tournament and Scripps Ranch (North) I might be able to help out, just drop me a message.

--UnderWing

Gursalug

Smash Journeyman
@ Underwing: Jesus Tap Dancing Christ, dude. Why did you have to stumble upon this, post a link, and make me contemplate suicide? Another fine example of my childhood *******ized...

...any of you ever play Street Fighter: The Movie? I imagine this to be just as bad...

Charoo

Smash Champion

San Diego smashers r too awesome! This pic means I'm part of SD now right? =)

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
hall has this sort of smile in the pic thats just like "Yeah, im Hall. Hell yeah." Dont really know how to explain it.

underwing and pheonix look scary...red eye makes it even scarier.

Havok looks faded xD

gursalug looks slightly annoyed and confused.

Awex is ninja.

Oats is just Oats....plus glasses. too good.

i like pictures too guys ;D

UnderWing

Smash Apprentice
I kinda don't want to get SFIV before I finish my joystick. I despise playing arcade games with console controllers. :\

Well the parts are in, so I just have to do the work now. Might just try to get it done this weekend. :p

--UnderWing

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
BIO2 Current List of People that Can Go:

Oats
Bone
TKD
MogX

Maybes

Nyjin ??
Fierce ??
Somiyah ??
Havok ??

Ok, I need you people to confirm because this is going to happen and we need to know which cars we can take. Fierce called me last night and expressed interest and I'm willing to accomodate for him or anyone.

- Schedule for the Weekend -

Saturday: Singles

Sunday: Doubles, Crews.

I know that the general consensus is for everyone to be back by Monday. This is possible. We would probably have to miss out on doubles or crews though. Depends on how early we'd have to be back for Monday or how beast someone feels like driving through Sunday night. (I always feel beast.)

- Pricing -

~$30 for Tournament Fees
~$10 - $15 for possible overnight fees if we can't find housing (I'm sure many of us would rather have a nice hotel room anyways.)
~$30 for Weekend Food.
~$? for Money Matches or whatever.

Money for this is going to be no-joke.

- Plans -

I plan to leave Friday early evening but it depends on the latest a person could leave on Friday night. Last time for WCSL we left around 9 pm and arrived at 7 to 8 am. This includes stops for food, naps, etc. The tournament starts at 10 pm on Saturday, so we do have some leeway and if we arrive early enough we can just sleep in.

- What I need from everyone -

Everyone that is planning to go, tell me what time and day YOU HAVE TO BE BACK BY and what's the EARLIEST YOU CAN LEAVE BY on Friday. Also, of the people possibly going who can drive/provide rides. My car can only seat 5 people. See how that'd cut into our plans? Info and all that needed, thank you.

**Havok**

Smash Lord
Oats: You won't beast it alone, I can help drive if I go!

Bone: I'm going to a SF HD tourney today at gamestop after that I'll go to your house.

Top Bottom