• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chula Vista/San Diego Smash Presents: The Gauntlet April 28th

$BONE$

Smash Ace
does chula vista weekly EVER host melee tournaments?
No. I do encourage you to come by and play with us-- we do have melee players i.e Hall, TKD, Soid and I. I'd recommend you check out the Bossy Biweekly thread for San Diego Melee tournaments.

edit:
we used to have melee weeklies but because of the lack of interest shown MCP stopped hosting them. you should contact him.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
wtf.. why? chula vista is the closest place that host tournaments to me and it only hosts brawl tournaments? >_>

$BONE$

Smash Ace
wtf.. why? chula vista is the closest place that host tournaments to me and it only hosts brawl tournaments? >_>
Because the world doesn't revolve around you. The world revolves around ME if you haven't noticed. The kids here want brawl and they sure as hell get it, case closed.

**Havok**

Smash Lord
Oh well. I'm never hosting a melee one. Why don't you do it? I'm sure people will show up.

Because the world doesn't revolve around you. The world revolves around ME if you haven't noticed. The kids here want brawl and they sure as hell get it, case closed.
Indeed, it's Bone's thread.

Hall

Smash Ace
Check out the tri-weeklies. Azn_Lep hosts 'em, and I'll be ****ed if there is ever a finer venue or host. You'll get way more competition there too.

**Havok**

Smash Lord
Ok so I did it:

(it was addressed to the other Havokk with two k's)

lancaster road trip anyone?

"Dear Havokk (with two k's):

It appears that we have the exact name with a minor difference. That minor difference was not intentional.

Be it as it may, we both live in SoCal. I still haven't met you in person and I hope to soon for the sake of playing for our name.

What's that? Don't want to come to San Diego? That's ok, I'll go to you! We can play a set of first-to-10-games to establish the identity of Havok (at least in Cali). I'll bring someone of course, so they can record/witness what has happened and can provide us with proof, a winner.

Fail to comply will just mean that you do not care too much about the name and can just hand the tag over. But if you wish to attempt to keep your name then I will be most happy to challenge you to a Name Match.

Sincerely,

Havok (with one K)"

Awex

Smash Lord
hahahaha, yeah you did play him Skyler. And I thought the girl on his myspace looked a bit young. :s (Did you even notice the video link btw?)

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
hahahaha, yeah you did play him Skyler. And I thought the girl on his myspace looked a bit young. :s (Did you even notice the video link btw?)
That was my first CV weekly, so its been a while...

Yeah I saw it ,Fizzy Pop, good **** xD

They are sorta off on dating or whatever. I wouldnt know much about that cause im some video game smash bros nerd kid X_x

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord

Anyways, moving away from Izzy's personal life... SanDiegoSmash (the youtube channel) is currently uploading tons of matches from Chula Vista 24, hopefully at a reasonably high-quality (I hope.) Sooo, look out for that today while I'm at school. Tonight I'll finish converting the rest of the ones I have on my computer, and tomorrow I'll upload the rest of the matches. Enjoy?

Here is the link to the channel. http://www.youtube.com/user/SanDiegoSmash

One More Thing:

Once I upload the videos on youtube, I'm going to hold onto them for about a week or two, then I'm deleting them to make space for more videos and stuff. So, if you particularly like a performance or whatever then speak your peace so I can give you the original file and I'll hold onto it for you and not delete it. BUT, if you don't make an effort to take the video from me, I WILL delete them. Sorry, it's just that I need space on my comp badly for games and comics I'm itching to pira... purchase.

LAST THING:

For the youtube video files do you guys like it when I have the titles of the person's name, date, and tournament name over the fight? I think it's nifty, and I will probably take the time to do it, but only if you guys CARE enough.

That is all. ALSO! BIO2! MAKE UP YOUR MINDS ABOUT IT QUICK!

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
@ Oats` post

San Diego Smash is a great channel. Its great to have a channel for all the Sd smashers, cause GetYourTournament doesnt upload that many matches anyway.
If theres ANY videos of me playing, if you upload them to youtube, delete them from your comp ASAP. Having them on youtube is nice enough :) your cool for doing this oats.

I personally like the name date tournament in the title because if it doesnt say that I ussually end up asking in the comments anyway.

I wont be going to BIO2, surprise surprise... :|

Awex

Smash Lord
Why is Hall's name in hiragana?

ooooooh quiz today :o

Oats: I thought the player names/tournament name & date was really cool. If you wanna take the time to edit it in for each video, that's your call though.

Hall

Smash Ace
SF IV is awesome, but the reversal timing is so different. I might not be maining Honda after all. Carlos! Let's play after work!

UnderWing

Smash Apprentice
SF IV is awesome, but the reversal timing is so different. I might not be maining Honda after all. Carlos! Let's play after work!
So jealous! I had to hold back on getting SFIV today, I'm gonna grab it this weekend. I've just got too much schoolwork to do (who the hell puts a mid-term during week 7 of a 10 week quarter? Two of my professors, that's who.)

--UnderWing

TheMogX

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys.
I quit my job let's go to BIO2 =)
But i will like to know at what time we are leaving this friday.

**Havok**

Smash Lord
coooooooool you guys got AC to play with you guys?

If I didnt have hw I would come.

maybe next week or something.

Kids:

Tournament on March 1st. =)

As soon as I don't have a job, we'll commence tourneys on saturday's if it doesn't conflict with anything. Switch off between sundays and saturdays.

CV/SD XXV

Click "attending tournament" on AiB. It's not hard people!

go!

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
When is the next smash fest cause I wanna get some practice in. I would host a smash fest but my parents just wont have it!!! My parents aren't as cool as Havok's.... :(

BTW, GOOD **** TO EVERYONE THAT WENT TO QUIZNOS!!!!

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
Havok, tourneys on saturdays would be really cool and would increase the chances younger kids could come.

Well it would increase the chance I could come more often anyway :D

Top Bottom