• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chula Vista/San Diego Smash Presents: The Gauntlet April 28th

IceDX

Smash Ace
NNID
TheIceDX001
Hey Guys to whoever is Coming to the TJ tourney post were do we meet? the tourney starts at 11am so we you guys need to be here by 10am at the most....

or contact me on AIM: IceDX001

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
Anyway, freakin today was actually pretty fun. Catching up with everyone and what not. PKSkyler and Dreamhack know what's up when I bust out Ivysaur :)

Yeah man, yesterday was a blast. Ill try to show up more often.

you should use Squirtle tho :p
just kidding xD

Hall

Smash Ace
Travel plans!

TJ crew can assemble at the Burger King around 8:30.

Havok and Kaos will be my first to be picked up and hopefully the three of us will be on the road right at 8.

Mario, I need your address in a PM or IM so I can know where to pick you up.

Oats...you my honey bunches

I want us to be on our way to LA no later than 9 so we can arrive for sign-ups and warm-ups. Be prepared for a long day guys.

FIERCE

Smash Journeyman
Let me know who won! If you guys make it back to San Diego alive. (insert halloween witch cackle here)

FujiX

Smash Rookie
Tj tourney sure took long. I wonder if they're even finished? Or ready for Quizno's?

Soid

Smash Journeyman
temporal results from Tj tournament
1.- TKD (Mk)
2.- Havokz (Marth)
3.- Anaya (Peach)
4.- JaimeHR (G&W)

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
Anyway, freakin today was actually pretty fun. Catching up with everyone and what not. PKSkyler and Dreamhack know what's up when I bust out Ivysaur :)
LOL, WTF SQUIRTLE???? ****, IT!! HAHAHA that was too much fun! Ivysaur FTW!!! :laugh:

Good luck to those guys that'll be in TJ later today. I hear that handsome tournament host will be giving out diplomas to the winners.

Also, updated list.
Hall
Oats
Havok
TKD
Soid
MogX
Kaos
IceDX
Mario

Possible two guys from Temecula. So that's a potential 11 spots right now.
GOD this is like TOURTURE!!! I wanted to go SO BAD!!! But good luck guys and drive safely! Rep SD for all of us, SD FTW!!! :)

dang man im missing another tourney

=[
Cmon 3 years when is the "Other" CV crew, LOL, :chuckle: coming down again?

Hall

Smash Ace
5th at Quizno's. Took out Fly Amanita n' Creepy Fingers. Almost took out Teba. Took DSF to the last game. Some of the matches were recorded :)

The Legendary MogX ended up 9th(?)

Boss Havok ended up around 13th taking down many MK's.

We all need sleep...

FIERCE

Smash Journeyman
Congratulations, Hall (& everyone else who was there). Sorry I couldn't make it. How were the grand finals? MK Ditto I presume?

FIERCE

Smash Journeyman
Game&Watch/ Lucario?! Ay no le puedo creer. Any Zero Suits? *crickets chirp and tumbleweeds pass in the background*

IceDX

Smash Ace
NNID
TheIceDX001
5th at Quizno's. Took out Fly Amanita n' Creepy Fingers. Almost took out Teba. Took DSF to the last game. Some of the matches were recorded :)

The Legendary MogX ended up 9th(?)

Boss Havok ended up around 13th taking down many MK's.

We all need sleep...
Daayuuum !! Hall congratz who ended up winning the tourney??? as in who got 1 to 4th place

Hall

Smash Ace
1: DSF
2: Leepuff
3: Teba
4: Boa

The rest of you guys should have come along. SD placed above average.

Hall

Smash Ace
As always you have mine.

For the next weekly Havok is removing Lylat as a neutral. While this makes me kind of sad its his call. What I really don't like though, is how we now have an even number of neutrals.

Battlefield, Final Destination, Smashville, and Yoshi's Island (Brawl).

We need to either drop another (something I'm against) or add another (something I'd prefer if Lylat really is taken off).

This is the SBR's recommended rule set
And this is their Starter/Counter list
Starter/Counter
Castle Siege
Delfino
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1

We really need to pick a 5th one if we're getting rid of Lylat.

supermario27mx

Smash Ace
meat knight=drugs

yesterday was cool, I should do tournaments on 3 hrs of sleep more often
fly amanita wrecked me on the 1st game of our set but thats what i get for beating rina-chan who beat creepy fingers in crews at axis (karma johns)
melee doubles were awesome (doin off screen Fairs w/ peach and spikes w/ gannon)
25/67 in singles thats not bad is it???
Edit: just checked AIB i got 33/67
Hey guys i need some major help! I REALLY NEED like tv's and wii's for the CV XX, help me! =)
you know ill provide a wii and a tv for XX

LHG

Smash Journeyman
We need to either drop another (something I'm against) or add another (something I'd prefer if Lylat really is taken off).

Starter/Counter
Castle Siege
Delfino
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1

I hated Lylat as much as the next guy, and I also hated Yoshi's Story in Melee as a neutral but wasn't in favor to ban it. What's the problem here?

I'd say keep Lylat, but if you want to take it off, don't take off ANOTHER stage. I'd add one in it's place, probably Halberd or PS1.

Sure I don't come to these as much as everyone else anymore, but if and when SM and myself decide to show up, this is what I'd be in favor for.

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
1: DSF
2: Leepuff
3: Teba
4: Boa

The rest of you guys should have come along. SD placed above average.
****, I wish this sounds like it was too much fun!!!

yesterday was cool, I should do tournaments on 3 hrs of sleep more often
fly amanita wrecked me on the 1st game of our set but thats what i get for beating rina-chan who beat creepy fingers in crews at axis (karma johns)
melee doubles were awesome (doin off screen Fairs w/ peach and spikes w/ gannon)
25/67 in singles thats not bad is it???
Edit: just checked AIB i got 33/67

you know ill provide a wii and a tv for XX
Not bad for your 1st out of SD tourney.... you beat out about half the ppl there so did I at Race's so not bad at all mario! Good Job!!!!

Hall

Smash Ace
I hated Lylat as much as the next guy, and I also hated Yoshi's Story in Melee as a neutral but wasn't in favor to ban it. What's the problem here?

I'd say keep Lylat, but if you want to take it off, don't take off ANOTHER stage. I'd add one in it's place, probably Halberd or PS1.

Sure I don't come to these as much as everyone else anymore, but if and when SM and myself decide to show up, this is what I'd be in favor for.
You guys are as much a part of us as ever. Your opinions are just as valued. SD <3

FIERCE

Smash Journeyman
I guess we'll just have to find a stage where certain characters are matched up evenly. I'm for PS1, I've ALWAYS had issues with Castle Seige but it seems like a decent stage. I just might be torn between Delfino Plaza & Pokemon Stadium 1. The bombs and lasers on Halberd keep me from actually wanting to play competetively on it since I always feel like the bombs land right on me. ):

IceDX

Smash Ace
NNID
TheIceDX001
As always you have mine.

For the next weekly Havok is removing Lylat as a neutral. While this makes me kind of sad its his call. What I really don't like though, is how we now have an even number of neutrals.

Battlefield, Final Destination, Smashville, and Yoshi's Island (Brawl).

Starter/Counter
Castle Siege
Delfino
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1

as much as i Love halberd to be the next starter PK1 is more balanced IMO btw i hate delfino and castle siege....

Soid

Smash Journeyman
Uploading everything lol this takes me 1 hour edditting 1-2 hours uploading its sick :(

Top Bottom