• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chula Vista/San Diego Smash Presents: The Gauntlet April 28th

Gursalug

Smash Journeyman
That's good news, Stauffy, but at the same time, are you just transfering to a school down here?

Col. Stauffenberg

Smash Lord
Probably gonna go back to taking classes at Mesa for a bit. Dunno what I'll be doing long term, but if I do go back to a four-year I'm definitely going to want it to be one closer to home.

The important thing is that you guys are pretty much stuck with me.

LittLeLives

Smash Apprentice
@Zolios

Assuming you're talking about AzN_Lep's thread... it's because they're pretty much separate scenes. Take place at different times. Hosted by different people. And are at two opposite ends of San Diego. We're not that big of a city, but we ain't that small, either. :laugh:

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
10 bucks says we're going to be smashed out Saturday; Smashfests after tournies are not a good idea, but just do it anyways, I guess. But I'm pretty sure everyone is going to be @ Havok's still...

**Havok**

Smash Lord
So it appears that I have completely underestimated my garage in terms of crapness, its overwhelming, if anyone wants to come over tomorrow and TAKE something that would be cool with me.

Cleaning duties start at 4 pm, edrees, furbs (lol), and tyrant will be coming tomorrow.

Please help! Bring YO trucks or something lol.

Gursalug

Smash Journeyman
I know this is kinda the wrong question to ask, seeing as how you're trying to get rid of stuff, but have you ever considered getting some free tv's off of craigslist, Havok?

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
"My Name is Havok and I am an underestimater."

Here at Underestimater Anonymous we'll help you get over your underestimating problems. All problems are too big for you to handle, and you will need help on everything. From now on, for parties, you'll have way too much food available, and you'll be eating leftovers for weeks after. You'll now be 2 hours early to every event, even funerals. Nothing is too small for you to make bigger. Underestimating is no longer an option.

Gursalug

Smash Journeyman
Anybody ever go back to the first page of the thread? It's funny reading some of the things we posted back then, but it was mainly all Mario and Hack for the first few pages (and a greeting from Rickety). There's even an entry of Tony bashing the thread!:laugh:

**Havok**

Smash Lord
"My Name is Havok and I am an underestimater."

Here at Underestimater Anonymous we'll help you get over your underestimating problems. All problems are too big for you to handle, and you will need help on everything. From now on, for parties, you'll have way too much food available, and you'll be eating leftovers for weeks after. You'll now be 2 hours early to every event, even funerals. Nothing is too small for you to make bigger. Underestimating is no longer an option.
great, where can i sign up?

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
why is there a lol next to me? :'(

also i asked gaunk for housing but he hasnt got back to me can someone help us? just pm please

Awex

Smash Lord
Anybody ever go back to the first page of the thread? It's funny reading some of the things we posted back then, but it was mainly all Mario and Hack for the first few pages (and a greeting from Rickety). There's even an entry of Tony bashing the thread!:laugh:
I just did the same thing cause of this post. ...it made me feel all warm inside, and alos kinda melancholy.

The first few weeks of Chula Vistas where we're all getting to know eachother, leaving shoutouts to each other about how cool everyone else is, and how we're all gonna hang out all the time and become close friends.

It really brings me back. It also strengthens the little twinge of irritation I have at our community's inactivity.

Back when were all new we had smashboards as an organized resource where we could find tournaments to attend to break into the scene. And while smashboards is still just as inviting and organized as before, imo, our actual tournament structure is not.

San Diego's community is undeniably both one of the closest-knit and friendliest communities in Smash, and also currently all over the place as far as tournaments go, BECAUSE we have this tight little social circle. And I wouldn't trade that for anything and none of it needs to break. But for the strength of the community, we NEED structure and regularity in our tournaments. Havok voted "Yes" on the Metaknight ban not because he feels Metaknight is worthy of being banned, but for the health of the community. I think everyone feels the same sentiment. (San Diego Love, anyone?)

Really all that means is a regular tournament series that follows a schedule and has a current, up-to-date page.

I must admit, I feel kind of stupid making one of the larger write-ups I've made in awhile over something like this, as I'm leaving for Japan for the majority of August a week from now, but I'm helplessly nostalgic right now. I don't want to spew and spew and do nothing myself either. I don't want to be selfish and guilt the community into action while I sit back. But I don't have any ability in my hands at the moment, and I truly miss the early days of playing this game competitively and the air of everyone's excitement, and all I can do is express my feelings about it. (At least until the end of next month.)

I love this community and everyone in it so much. I want to share the joy of joining it with as many new players as possible.

San Diego has got this.

JaggerG

Smash Apprentice
He is really cool.
Is he...Furbalicious?

I'm sorry I couldn't help it. :^(

Also holy crap I forget to check in and I miss another smashfest. I'm tempted to come to the tourney but I've only been able to practice like a couple hours a month. :^( I've noticeably lost my grasp of the basics over the months from it, and am losing the little match-up experience I used to have. I noticed serious issues trying to DI against Havok's Marth (then again it is Marth...and it is Havok). All johns aside I'm just trying to keep the losses to a minimum until I get back on my feet.

That said, is there anyone I can bum a ride off of again this Saturday? Smash Diego is just too good to ignore.

**Havok**

Smash Lord
Furbs, my name is NOT GAUNK i have noooooooooooooo idea where you got that from.

It's not my real name and its not my tag. If im going to house you at least remember that im the person you ate subway with and remember my tag. thanks yoshi main.

And yea i responded to your text saying i would be more than happy to house you.

Gursalug

Smash Journeyman
Gaunk!?

Sorry, Havok, but I can just picture you saying, "My name is not Gaunk!", and thinking "What in the blue hell!?" at the same time, and it literally makes me laugh.

Your post moved me, Alex. :)

I think I'm about halfway done with Majora's Mask. It's the first time I've played it...ever. It's frustrating at times, and Goron Link is lame, but I'm satisifed so far.

...what the HELL happened to Underwing!?

$BONE$

Smash Ace
LOL. I am having the greatest time ever reading the older posts. Thanks for the suggestion Gursalug. The things that came and went... Good times.. Good times..

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
Majora's Mask?!?!

Someone said the magic word!

Goron Link is not frustrating at all, because with the masks, they're only used as tools for movement, and not necessarily for combat. Just put them on to get from Point A to Point B and then take them off, and then start slashing.

My problem with the game comes in once you get the Zora Mas and you have to start swimming everywhere. And then you have to Z-Target to move the camera, and then floating and swimming... god ****. And the boss fight in the third dungeon? Don't get me started.

Gursalug, I hope you're playing majora's mask because of this: http://brainygamer.websitetoolbox.com/ I'm on my to the fourth dungeon, and I've been pretty addicted to it, and I'm so sad I never finished the game as a kid. I'll post my write-ups on that site within the coming days.

Also: EVERYONE READ AWEX'S POST.

D

Deleted member

Lol gaunk XD
I agree with awex, and not only has our community as a whole suffered (not really suffered, just was better when we were more active), but we havent been improving as quickly as before. =(

San Diego Wuvin <3

San Diego better take all of the top 5 spots this weekend!

Top Bottom