• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chula Vista/San Diego Smash Presents: The Gauntlet April 28th

Gursalug

Smash Journeyman
I couldn't agree with you more, Jagger, but I can't seem to ditch Epona. My real beef with Goron Link is, and this is going to sound very juvenile, I can't get over the way he sounds!

Oats, here's why I started playing it:

I never finished Ocarina the first time I played it about ten years ago. I got to the Shadow Temple, and my neighbor asked for the game back. I never bothered to play it again until a few months ago when I purchased it via VC. Then, I bought Wind Waker, but remembered they made a second game on 64. So, my friend at GameStop hooked me up with a copy of the OOT Collector's Edition for the Cube. So, yeah, I've just been going ape**** with Zelda games. I'll do Windwaker next, and then, go purchase Twilight Princess for the Cube (sorry, I just feel like I'm getting duped if I buy the Wii version because it's not much more than a port with slightly enhanced graphics and motion controls that don't matter too much for that particular game).

Speaking of Zelda, check this out:
https://www.first4figures.com/component/option,com_myphp/Itemid,3/product,43/

They had a section at the Con. There's even a Zamus statue, Fierce!

Last edited:

**Havok**

Smash Lord
*sigh*

I talked to my dad earlier to day he says its wayy too much **** to move. So we're doing it in the house.

Not that it matters.

Tyrant and co will be coming at 8

TJ guys at 7

Bring sleeping bags people, i don't have beds for you all.

Chill i sent you a txt about the grill.

kyubikirby

Smash Apprentice
wow, I miss all you guys so much. I haven't been able to make it to the weeklies due to severe financial issues at my house, but I'm hoping to make it to one soon. at this point, I could probably use random for my main, I've just picked up so many characters out of curiosity. though a couple are shining over the rest. hopefully I'll make it tomorrow. you guys are too awesome to forget.

Gursalug

Smash Journeyman
Looks like it's gonna be balls deep then at Barrio Gaunkz...I mean, Havokz As much as it's gonna suck having a ton of people in the house, it HAS become one of the staple Brawl venues. Next time, though, we should secure a venue. Brainstorming is helpful, guys. We got this!

Aside from Underwing, I was wondering what happened to you, too, Kyubi.

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
Hmm... so how are we going to host Melee and Brawl in one house AND have food be served? This is going to be awesome... Tomorrow we're moving furniture around. If Hall can get his truck tonight, I have some tables at my house that we can use to move over there, and I'll bring chairs as well. Hell, I even have an easy up so we can tables and **** OUTSIDE. Carlos, we got this. In the meantime, where the **** is my wallet?

Awex

Smash Lord
Does anyone have a tent or large parasol for outside tables? I have a parasol in my backyard but it's attached directly to a large patio table I have no way of transporting.

Tomorrow's gonna rock. :D

also, 19/m/CA seeks teammate for **** fantasy.

FIERCE

Smash Journeyman
LOL. Should we sell Pizza? I can go to Little Caesars & pick some up if people are thinking of buying some. Let me know. HavoK I'll see you later tonight & I'll bring the keyboard.

Rickety

Peace and Love
craigslist m4m
Reply to: pers-twotwotwo-1248922267@craigslist.org
Date: 2002-02-02, 2:22AM PDT

Yay!

Who wants to train me in Melee?

I'm really bad, but willing to learn!

6'0", 128 lbs (more to love!)
Black hair, brown eyes
Enjoys long walks on the beach
Plays dirty (with Sheik, of course)
I can host or meet you somewhere else!

<3 :] <3 :]

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 1248922222

Geomaster

Smash Apprentice
Back from the dead, its Geo. (More like back from summer school,)
Anyway, i need some help gents. I see that melee/brawl singles starts at 3pm, but i get off of work up here in poway at 3pm exactly.

Can you guys be the best dudes in the world and hold my matches until i show up (about 45 mins after start time). I can bring a Melee Setup, (but not a brawl one, since my wii got its memory wiped and i dont have all the levels). Even if not, i'll still probably show up for friendlies, i miss you guys so much.

See ya then
-Geo

EDIT: I can also bring chairs, but only if you guys hold me a seat :p

JaggerG

Smash Apprentice
It's getting closer every day ;>_> Anyone taking the 805 south mind a five minute detour? Hit me up on my gmail if you can (JaggerG@gmail.com).

kyubikirby

Smash Apprentice
Sorry I couldn't make it today, as I found myself without money...

but on the plus side, I have some matches I recorded from last night of me and feral. some were good, others were bad (specifically the early ones, as we were warming up) but overall decent.

my youtube account name is the same as it is here. Please comment and give any help you can.
http://www.youtube.com/user/kyubikirby

IceDX

Smash Ace
NNID
TheIceDX001
Man I missed comming to these, i had tons of fun today thanks everyone ill defenatly wont dissapear again for 7 months lol

Geomaster

Smash Apprentice
I'm glad i could make it today, it was a blast seeing everyone again, especially the melee crowd, you guys rock.

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
JAGGER ACTUALLY ENTERED THE TOURNAMENT. EVERYONE GIVE HIM A PAT ON THE BACK!

Thanks for coming Geo.

And I had fun yelling at people.

Rickety

Peace and Love
Golly, last night was fun.
I don't remember much, just being kind of clumsy, but oh-so-happy! <3

No more vodka and absinthe at once for me. :]

Gursalug

Smash Journeyman
Wait a minute...Rickety got drunk last night and I wasn't around to see it!?

Yesterday was cool. Thank you, Oats and Havok, for putting it together.

Oh, I almost forgot, who's down to do stuff this Wednesday night? Alex and I were thinking about a bonfire or something before he leaves to Japan.

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
no one better have taken advantage of drunk rickety while i was gone >:(

Col. Stauffenberg

Smash Lord
Wait a minute...Rickety got drunk last night and I wasn't around to see it!?

Yesterday was cool. Thank you, Oats and Havok, for putting it together.

Oh, I almost forgot, who's down to do stuff this Wednesday night? Alex and I were thinking about a bonfire or something before he leaves to Japan.
We certainly can't let our Awexis get away from us without a sendoff.

JaggerG

Smash Apprentice
JAGGER ACTUALLY ENTERED THE TOURNAMENT. EVERYONE GIVE HIM A PAT ON THE BACK!.
Heh, don't get too excited, bub, I just started to miss the tourney scene. It's not quite gonna be a regular occurance yet. (On a similar note, going back to school isn't a regular occurance yet. ;>_> That's a scary thought.)

Also sorry I didn't stick around to have that rematch, Furbaliciousz, my mom had texted me a guilt trip for having the truck all day like I asked for. Then I got home and told her I had asked to use it all day and she's like Oh okay nevermind then. >_< I should have stuck around longer.

Pheonix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FrostboltPhoenix
Sucks that I had to leave early guys. I just couldnt be there with my fever and all

JaggerG

Smash Apprentice
16th? Not gonna make it, sorry. :^(

Also Noon o' clock is PM, not AM. Unless you meant Am bracket, but there's no mention of a Pro bracket. :^/

**Havok**

Smash Lord
changed to the 16th, it might interfere with motebellos but we need a steady local tournament.

edit: We need moar ppl for an AM bracket, right now it doesn't look too hot for that.

DJMirror

Smash Master
Brawl players deserves some shout outs too

SD - you are amazing
Havok - Sexy hot stud as usual and your house *****
Oats - Sexy voice and you are amazing about those fries
Ajax - you can get better at Melee, just keep playing
JonT - you can get a crazy fox like Connor if you practice alot
Hall - we didn't talk alot =(

Sorry to anyone if i didn't give you a shoutout because i dont hang out with the brawl players much =(

The calm tyrant...

Smash Ace
no one better have taken advantage of drunk rickety while i was gone >:(
Hahahaha he was well protected no worries.

But the tourny was fun! Poker was cool.

I was so drunk i kinda forgot i was playing for awhile i think lol

Oh and also Rickety is freaking funny and is my new melee partner! <3 you ricky!

Were gona start ****** melee watch! :chuckle:

Gursalug

Smash Journeyman
You know what's funny? Originally, I was gonna brown-bag a 40 and bring a flask...

but I wasn't sure if anybody would've been too friendly with that.

And here you all are, gettin' drunk with AJ and Afro Samurai...I mean, Tyrant!

Top Bottom