• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chudat has officially been converted to Brawl+(Vids Soon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I recently went to Chudat's Invitation Bi-Weekly(3/14/09), Click Here for the Results Page.

After Brawl double's and singles I set up Brawl+ and tried to get a tourney going. By the end of the night we had 3 set ups and everyone one was playing.

This includes:

Chudat
Candy
Boss

Chu and a couple other people said they would rather just run Brawl+ tourneys instead of regular Brawl. They are hyped and want to see more Brawl+

So all in all, MD/VA, one of the best Smash regions in the united states, have just taken in Brawl+, and love it. It's going to grow.

I will post tourney videos soon including the most epic combo I've ever seen in Brawl+(Pulled off by The Sage on Chudat, lol)

Revven

FrankerZ
All I gotta say God is my Rock is this: Good **** dude. Looking forward to those videos mangz, keep spreading it!! :D

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Great news -- it's always fun to watch viral expansion in progress. The Brawl+ results were quite distant from the vBrawl tier list / popular choices, it's good to actually see the fruit of our balancing efforts already paying off in a small tourney.

It's interesting to see our growth starting to take off exponentially at the same time as legal interests are beginning to peak and EULAs are getting examined. Here's hoping Leaf and Co. solidify our well justified legality.

cman

Smash Ace
I don't think tournys should start until we figure out why the game sometimes freezes. That would really mess things up if it happened during a tourny match

Also, I really suggest you run both brawl and brawl+ at tournaments so that players new to the smash scene don't automatically get turned off by not being able to play the game that they went for.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
YES! Now get NJ/NY (And the rest of the USA) in this please. I want my region doing B+ too D:
If you want it then get people into it. I don't think it's God-is-my-rock's magic doing this...well actually (looks back at Peach bair trap)...

But yeah, I'm trying to do the same thing down in the Dirty South where Melee still reigns supreme overall. Just play w/ people, answer questions, get them into it, help them set it up, etc.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Does this mean chu will stop playing melee :(
Wasn't he playing 64 before anyway?

Either way I thought he quit Melee on brawls release. I'm probably wrong though..

Nice going bro. I really want to get my friends into Brawl + although they probably would reject it right away.

I don't like Brunswick. Such an anti-competitive place.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
and so the destruction of the smash scene begins....
If the whole Smash community agrees with Brawl+ should be made a tourney, then the destruction of the Smash scenes will come true. This is the first time I've seen a game where beyond 30% of the Smash community would want to hack there Wii just to play Brawl+ instead of playing import games, turley a sad sight to see. =/

I guess the people that might create the next Smash should make a note of this to prevent this next time.

Ulevo

Smash Master
If the whole Smash community agrees with Brawl+ should be made a tourney, then the destruction of the Smash scenes will come true. This is the first time I've seen a game where beyond 30% of the Smash community would want to hack there Wii just to play Brawl+ instead of playing import games, turley a sad sight to see. =/

I guess the people that might create the next Smash should make a note of this to prevent this next time.
Or they can fire the director and his team for the next Smash release. You know. So we don't have another failure of a party game? :ohwell:

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
This is really bad news.

I hope tournaments don't use Brawl + as the main event for tournaments.

If anything just for a side event.

Almas

Smash Lord
I have to say that I'm really excited to see this. It's great news, and a great sign that Brawl+ is developing.

Did you notice any freeze glitches? I have a feeling they may be associated with the tumble/shield during dashdance codes, which weren't present in your codeset.

I'm quite humoured by the people who say this is bad news. I have to say, I don't quite get why you would think that.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
I have to say that I'm really excited to see this. It's great news, and a great sign that Brawl+ is developing.

Did you notice any freeze glitches? I have a feeling they may be associated with the tumble/shield during dashdance codes, which weren't present in your codeset.

I'm quite humoured by the people who say this is bad news. I have to say, I don't quite get why you would think that.
I think it froze once during a friendly.

I think Brawl and Brawl+ tourneys should be held in correspondence with each other not just one or the other.

Oh yeah, someone told me North Carolina holds huge brawl+ tourneys, is this true?

Rikana

Smash Champion

Orrrr, take note of what majority of the fans actually want. Nintendo dumbs down a lot of games in my opinion. They should realize that some of their best selling games is selling so well because of the depth it has within a game.

storm92

Smash Ace
People want to play Brawl+ because Brawl loses its appeal after a while, the biggest depth I've seen is jab locks, chain grabs, and grab releases...fun?
Anyways, this is such amazing news.

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
My first impressions, ITS GODLY!!! Fox is sick as ****, not to mention kirby air ****, Uar combos itself to hammer!!!!!!
Cant wait to see some videos of your kirbz gonzo. Ill add them to the new kirby video section :) Im glad someone other then just me and MK26 is enjoying it now lol

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I never thought I'd say it, but Brawl+ is extremely fun.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Oh gawd, ~Gonzo~ and ~Kawaii Bunny~ to?!? I think I just died inside, lol.

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord

Thread about a member? Shame shame shame. lol

To those who thinks of this as bad news.....have you even tried the game yet? =/

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
dude u have no idea, its soooooo crazy, Kirby can Uair combo across the stage, he can WoP for realzzzzz he can utilt combo like 4ever!!! he can Utilt to Fsmash!!!!! lolz its ridiculous, and fox, dont get me started with him, he's officially my secondary in brawl+

and moves don't get stale!!!!!!!!! aaaaahhhhhhhhhhh

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
dude u have no idea, its soooooo crazy, Kirby can Uair combo across the stage, he can WoP for realzzzzz he can utilt combo like 4ever!!! he can Utilt to Fsmash!!!!! lolz its ridiculous, and fox, dont get me started with him, he's officially my secondary in brawl+
Have you downloaded Brawl+ yet?

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I spent an entire Saturday afternoon trying to get it! >:[

...It was worth it. x3

storm92

Smash Ace

and moves don't get stale!!!!!!!!! aaaaahhhhhhhhhhh
Hey Gonzo, if you remember me from the Kirby boards, this is where I live now :laugh:
Kirby can combo well, yeah. Jab reset throw combos are great.

kupo15

Smash Hero
I think it froze once during a friendly.

I think Brawl and Brawl+ tourneys should be held in correspondence with each other not just one or the other.

Oh yeah, someone told me North Carolina holds huge brawl+ tourneys, is this true?
It shouldn't freeze anymore. That glitch should have been fixed. I never get freezes anymore

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
u dont have to act like now that mdva has it now it will take off lol. mdva arent the kings of the smash community :)
PA is lololol

still awesome to hear, cant wait for vids

im holding a brawl+ only tourney in PA soon. its gonna be all kinds of awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom