• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chudat has officially been converted to Brawl+(Vids Soon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Viper, you did try it... right?

I don't have any real data, but I can safely say that the majority of people that have actually tried it so far have enjoyed it. Even the ones that had already decided to hate it. We've had a lot of 180 degree flip flops.

Rikana

Smash Champion
not yet, i need a copy of twilight princess first. I also need to send my wii in to nintendo. But i am willing to pay anyone 30 bucks to hack my Wii to have homebrew and brawl+

I would prefer if you would do the hack for me GIMR
It literally is a few minute process assuming you know what you're doing. Even if guided through it.

I was walked through it, it didn't take too long but it could've been much shorter since I asked so many questions.

In the end, I saw how easy it was. Now I can mod my friend's Wiis within minutes to play Brawl+.

MaxDeUh

Smash Journeyman
Modding Wii's is easy stuff. It's become a hobby for me. I love toying with Homebrew apps.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
u dont have to act like now that mdva has it now it will take off lol. mdva arent the kings of the smash community :)
PA is lololol

still awesome to hear, cant wait for vids

im holding a brawl+ only tourney in PA soon. its gonna be all kinds of awesome.
Hurry up with it then **please**! I'm dying to actually play B+ again! Me and AndyG went undefeated in teams with Ike + Falcon in friendlies during the last drexel tourney. :laugh:

CyberGlitch

Smash Journeyman
"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breath free.
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me.
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Ahh, Brawl+, a beacon to the lost and suffering.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
It shouldn't freeze anymore. That glitch should have been fixed. I never get freezes anymore
Well, as I said, I'm not sure. Actually now that I think about it. The TV was unplugged lol

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
It's about a 4 minute process once you have the materials gathered if you know what you're doing. 15 minutes if you don't.

Unfortunately I'm not very close to Muppet Treasure Island, Gonzo, otherwise I'd love to make $30 in 4 minutes.

Seriously though, just hop on the IRC channel or PM me for free help.

KarateF22

Smash Journeyman
Brawl+ is the ****. Makes lucario very tournament viable... with his uthrow chaingrab (hard to do with DI but possible to take someone to 70-120% depending on character w/ it. and his killer fair combos and utilt/uair combos which can end up in a kill. Evens the entire playing field. Oh, and return of Marth's Ken combo is pretty cool too.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
@Emperor Time

If you're referring to Brawl, skills transfer to Brawl+ quite easily. You just have more options now. This is one of our main goals.

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
not only do u have more options its way faster making the game much more fast paced. U can ask GIMR or CHU lol i was spazzing after every match from the exhilaration of the speed!!

The Truth!

Smash Ace
lol at people thinking this will destroy the smash community. Itll be a fun side event, but pigs will fly before this replaces the brawl. At the very least pros will go to the tourneys where there is money, and the money will stay with brawl because it attracts the widest audience.

I could see this hurting melee though. Decent sized Brawl and Melee tourneys? Ok. Decent sized Brawl and Brawl+ tourneys? Alright. That might stretch things too far. And while Melee/Brawl+ tourneys will be cool, I doubt youll be getting large tourney Brawl tends to draw.

So yeah, Brawl+ and Brawl should be fine.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
lol at people thinking this will destroy the smash community. Itll be a fun side event, but pigs will fly before this replaces the brawl. At the very least pros will go to the tourneys where there is money, and the money will stay with brawl because it attracts the widest audience.

I could see this hurting melee though. Decent sized Brawl and Melee tourneys? Ok. Decent sized Brawl and Brawl+ tourneys? Alright. That might stretch things too far. And while Melee/Brawl+ tourneys will be cool, I doubt youll be getting large tourney Brawl tends to draw.

So yeah, Brawl+ and Brawl should be fine.
If more people find Brawl+ then that's where the money will be. You also can't forget that there will be people who didn't want to do Brawl tourneys, but love Brawl+ and will do those tourneys. Brawl+ has been loved by almost everyone that plays it, so I wouldn't be surprised if Brawl becomes the sideshow...

The Truth!

Smash Ace
I dont think you realize how difficult/unlikely that is. Not to say that it absolutely wont happen, but the difficulty of getting Brawl+ alone is enough to prevent it. Honestly, what do you think the peak number of competitive Brawlers will be that even have Brawl+, one in three? Not saying it isnt more fun, but lets be realistic.

I doubt it'll draw a larger audience then what melee draws right now, and melee is way easier to access and still a deeper game then Brawl+

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
I dont think you realize how difficult/unlikely that is. Not to say that it absolutely wont happen, but the difficulty of getting Brawl+ alone is enough to prevent it. Honestly, what do you think the peak number of competitive Brawlers will be that even have Brawl+, one in three? Not saying it isnt more fun, but lets be realistic.

I doubt it'll draw a larger audience then what melee draws right now, and melee is infinitely easier to access and still a deeper game then Brawl+
Brawl+ is incredibly easy to setup. It's only a matter of minutes if you have TP which you can rent. Also, we are still in beta, the official set isnt even out yet and we are picking up people like crazy.

Prediction: A year and a half from now brawl+ will be having just as many if not more bigger tourneys then regular brawl.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
The biggest complaint about Brawl+ is that it isn't finished. Some us have been here for a long time, others MUCH longer then me. The changes from Beta to Beta can be jarring at times. When a final, official codeset is released we will see exactly how popular Brawl+ will really become.

Also, Brawl+ isn't difficult at all. A 10$ SD card and a game most Wii owners already have is all you need. From there it's a 15 to 20 minute install. It might be harder now a days since Makkun's topic had to be taken down...

Either way we are arguing the future here. My experience is that 95% of the people I showed Brawl+ to loved it and instantly turned. I hacked the local gaming groups Wii here on Campus and taught a few others. When a final, official codeset is released we will see exactly how big Brawl+ becomes.

EDIT: Nice work God-is-my-Rock. Glad to hear others have enjoyed the project.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
I don't think there's much point in arguing about speculation like this. Who knows how big Brawl+ will get? No one. One in three? Who the hell knows? Let's keep to the present.

I will say that the thing you need to keep in mind is that while the "difficulty" of installing B+ may stop weak-hearted noobs, it will never stop a truly interested pro.

Revven

FrankerZ

I doubt it'll draw a larger audience then what melee draws right now, and melee is way easier to access and still a deeper game then Brawl+
I don't think you realize just how easy this is to set up. It's only "hard" or any sense of the word because people make it "hard" to set up or THINK it's hard to set up. It really isn't. Last tourney I went to, people wanted HBC on their Wii (three of them) did it all within 15 minutes before I left.

It is realistically possible.

But, that's not what this thread is about. It's about Chudat and the amazingness that he <3s Brawl+.

The Truth!

Smash Ace
Brawl+ is incredibly easy to setup. It's only a matter of minutes if you have TP which you can rent. Also, we are still in beta, the official set isnt even out yet and we are picking up people like crazy.

Prediction: A year and a half from now brawl+ will be having just as many if not more bigger tourneys then regular brawl.
Yeah, and melee will retain the smash competitive scene :p

Good luck with that.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
There will always be haters. Thats life xD Just ignore/forget about them and enjoy what the game that we have and love! Brawl+ :D

EDIT: Lets keep religion out (Someone might/will get offended) ;o but it does sound like that xD

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
It took me 15 minutes to read how to hack my wii, and that was only because I re-read tghe guide 3 times to make sure I didn't mess up.

Hacking the wii took 5 minutes max.

Anyone who has problems with it is making it harder than it is, or is just not very saavy with electronics.

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
It isn't hard to set up but there came be problems along the way. I had to keep reformatting my SD card as Vista kept screwing with my files and making them unreadable to the wii. It's not hard but it may definatly take time.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I have vista SP1, and never had that problem. I simply downloaded the pre-package, and followed the step-by-step instructions.

It's idiot-proof.

The Truth!

Smash Ace
It isn't hard to set up but there came be problems along the way. I had to keep reformatting my SD card as Vista kept screwing with my files and making them unreadable to the wii. It's not hard but it may definatly take time.
Yeah, longer times is the more common story I've heard from people who hack their wii. I dont know why they make it seem like a piece of cake for everyone :laugh:. Idk maybe its just ppl who dont know much about electronics like they were saying, but then again most people dont know this type of stuff. Well I guess I'll find out myself Im prolly gonna do this when I get TP back this week.

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
I have vista SP1, and never had that problem. I simply downloaded the pre-package, and followed the step-by-step instructions.

It's idiot-proof.
I also have vista SP1 and all I can say is just lucky you. =/ But I had to re-download the files and format my SD over and over until I got the Wii to see them.

The actual doing it IS easy, and understandable, but having someone to help when thing don't happen like they're supposed to is definatly neccessary if you're not the most Pc savvy.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Viper, you did try it... right?
I played it for a few hours, it was fun for a while, but hacks gameplay does get uninteresting when I play it for a while. That and I have the updated HBC and it got rid of all my codes except the Geko OS which is all I really need because I have a lot of Japan only games for GC and Wii.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
*Shrug*

Well, thanks for trying it. I'm not sure what you mean by "hacks gameplay does get uninteresting when [you] play it for a while" as you now have more options and strategies to explore, not less -- but to each his/her own.

Enjoy vBrawl.

PolMex23

Smash Champion
?

Theres no way chu dropped melee...

No way, not untill he beats mango at genesis...cuz he let mango go through his grasp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom