• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ChuChuROBBuddies!

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
To be fair, the European date system is worse than ours for computing/databasing purposes, because it can't be easily alphabetized (and the year typically isn't that important). Japan's is objectively the best I suppose, but it puts the least important information first which makes it a little awkward to abbreviate like we do when we just put month/day.

Sudai

Stuff here
Typically if I'm alphabetizing by date, I'd rather order it by Year > Month > Day. Under a general case of course. Honestly, that's probably why we use MM/DD/YYYY. Switch the YYYY to the front without too much confusion or drop it off for the abbreviation.

Actually, probably not -why- we use it but a nice side effect.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
To be fair, the European date system is worse than ours for computing/databasing purposes, because it can't be easily alphabetized (and the year typically isn't that important). Japan's is objectively the best I suppose, but it puts the least important information first which makes it a little awkward to abbreviate like we do when we just put month/day.
Yeah, I like the Japanese way the best (and not just because it's Japanese XP). And when they abbreviate, they put month/day, btw. I think some of them use day/month, but I don't think it's as common as it used to be. America has very strong English influences on Japan, and this goes for some formats too.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
I've noticed american systems tend to be based on practicality moreso than usability.

For example, in temperature. Humans are able to notice differences in minute differences in temperature, something that the celsius system has more trouble with due to the lesser range of "outdoor" temperatures. However, for mathematics and science, celsius is a lot more friendly.

Also, for measuring. In practical terms, most people use measurements to refer to their own height or those around them. 5'9" is a lot easier to deal with than 1.7526 meters, you know?

Of course I'm biased due to growing up with it, but it just seems more user-friendly for practical, non-scientific purposes.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Usually if we measure height here, its by cms, not so much metres. I perfer the dd/mm/yy format for dates aswell, but that's because that's how it is here I guess.

:phone:

Zwarm

Smash Hero
dd/mm/yyyy format always confuses me. Why is 8/9 September?!

Edit:
have fun =]

yo zwarm check my peacock combo.

j.mk -> j.lk -> s.lp -> s.mp -> s.mk -> j.hp -> dash -> j.lk -> s.lp -> s.mp -> super

also double:

s.lp -> s.mp -> s.hk -> j.mp -> j.hp -> s.mk -> bionic car
Trying this out now, how does j.mk lead into anything? I can't get a j.lk out after hitting with the j.mk...

Nevermind I'm dumb. Ignore my stupidity.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
That format confuses me though xD. We all pefer the ones were brought up with I guess.

Guess who got a Wall E bag and plushie? :O YEAHZ!

Ill take photos later lawl.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
American system's always screw me over. Whenever our school did a respect silence for 9/11 i always thought 'why are we doing this two months early?' and it took forever for me to learn the error of america's system.

Oh yeah leisha, a guy came to this tournament yesterday going by the name of stereo and said he knew you! I told him i would say hi to you for him!

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Oh wow, thats pretty cool :O!

Yeah hes a smasher from sydney, and I've teamed with him a couple of times. I hope I can travel someday. Need to study up so I can get better jobs =P

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Oh wow, thats pretty cool :O!

Yeah hes a smasher from sydney, and I've teamed with him a couple of times. I hope I can travel someday. Need to study up so I can get better jobs =P
Yeah, He was a cool guy. defo more of a melee player though XD

Just out of curiosity, How good was he within the sydney/melbourne smash scene?

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I love that a character I really enjoy is actually viable for once. Too often have I been disappointed by characters like Phoenix Wright and Platinum the Trinity.

I still probably need a second for Peacock when dealing with Valentine and the like, but I don't want to go with Double or Parasoul like everyone else. (sorry Stingers, I know you were going with Double since day 1, lol) I'm thinking Filia or Painwheel, though I can't really decide until I actually put time into a character that isn't Peacock.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Nah dude I couldn't be happier, the two chars I liked the most synergize perfectly together, its a dream come true XD

Id say filias your best bet, you can use hk hairball as a baby double assist, and gregor is a decent dhc.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Skullgirls, a downloadable fighting game for PS3/360 made by a pro Blazblue player from SoCal. Aka, it's a damn good game because he knows what he's doing.

Yeah stingers I was thinking Filia too, also because I think I enjoy playing her more than I do Painwheel. I'm bad with flight cancels. :(

stingers

Smash Obsessed
He was more of a mvc2 player than blazblue, but thats just what he's known for. Because of that tager video. Well...its the first thing that pops up when you search for mike z at least lol

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I only know of him because I watch a lot of SoCal Blazblue, or I used to at least. I never really watched MvC2 that much, I could never tell what was going on, lol.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
So I think I'm gonna go with Peacock/Cerebella. Cerecopter does a good job locking them down so I can escape, and if it hits, I get a free Argus Agony. :3

Plus Cerebella is fun as hell.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Downloaded it yesterday....imcoming rediculous work hours TT_TT

Someone needs to change the name of the social to: peacock general discussion

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
It's so amazing. It really really is. Everything is smooth and working, it was so worth the wait and I don't even have to hack my Wii. You feel accomplished just from watching it load when you enter Stage Builder. Also Pikachu:M is so epic, you guys should try out ROB :D

By the way, what exactly would happen if you still had stages in there? It just wouldn't do anything?

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Yeah, it wouldn't load the code that launches Project M. Glad you like it. Looking forward to videos from everyone.

There is a dedicated ROB:M forum over on Smashmods btw for anyone who wants serious talk.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I would be okay with that name.

What system did you get it for?
360, Because I dont own a playstation :B

As for the actual characters, I'm somewhat on the fence

Peacock: Amazing if only for the design. Also the concept of charging an elephant pleases me greatly
Filia: Closest thing in the game to a shoto, reasonably interesting
Parasoul: Charge, Not interested in the slightest
Painwheel: If I can get fly combo's down I will be seriously considering her. Rediculous amounts of rushdown pressure and f.HK for the most lenient hit confirm to ever exist (a.k.a: rekka style attack that can be combo'd from)
Double: Once again, Disinterest everwhere
Ms fortune: Seems solid. But doesnt bring about anything fun to the game, plus the whole body detachment thing is a little unnerving
Valentine: Kinda average. j.HK had me rofl-ing though

Looking like a peacock painwheel team for me, I dont like the button mapping for assists though, may map them to lb and lt :B

Top Bottom