• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Choose 3 characters for an "Echo Fighter Pass"

D

Deleted member

I thought this would be fun, just post 3 characters you would pick as echo fighter DLC.
My picks are Proto Man (for Mega Man), Zack (for Cloud), and Metal Sonic (for Sonic)

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Echo / Semi-Clones for the sake of the topic;

- Black Shadow.
- Dixie Kong.
- Medusa.

Those would be my picks, and I'd pay for all of them. No matter how they would be created.
Perhaps the ones I could see in echo/semi-clone style that I would want are those.

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
Octolings for Inklings
Funky Kong for Donkey Kong
Shadow for Sonic

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
-Octokids

-Shadow

-King Dedede, because he's so perfect, he made a double of himself to show everyone that they'll never be perfect like him.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

-King Dedede, because he's so perfect, he made a double of himself to show everyone that they'll never be perfect like him.
How about every character is replaced with him? Including the Fighter Pass characters.

D

Deleted member

A fun topic, indeed. Here is my take:
  • Jeanne as a :ultbayonetta: echo
  • Alm & Celica (sharing the same slot with four palette swaps each, that is) as a:ultrobin: echo
  • Galacta Knight as a :ultmetaknight: echo
Sayonara :kirby:

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Can I pick 5?

-The Aura mechanic is gone. All moves have the power and range of Lucario with 60% damage aura.
-All aura-based moves are now electric based, causing more hitstun as a result.
-Neutral B is discharge, and works more as a stun move than a kill move. Still functionally the same, give or take. (ZSS or Corrin neutral B's are similar.)
-Side B, unlike other moves, has the maximum range that Lucario has with Side B. He creates a lightning bolt in front of him.
-Down B is still a counter, but it's a punch (Plasma Fist) and it heals him slightly. (Volt Absorb) He still teleports and rushes forward, just with his hand instead of his foot.
-Aesthetic changes, different taunts, and aura visual effects are replaced by electricity.
-Different Final Smash: Gigavolt Havoc Pummeling! Zeraora dashes forward, and catches the first person he runs into. He then stuns them in place, and does the Electric Z-move pose (the one the trainer does) before using thunder punch repeatedly (bonus points if he says "ORAORAORAORA" while he's doing it) then a final, stronger punch to finish them off.

-Proto Man has a shield similar to Link's, that he puts away during every animation except for walking and jumping. It blocks projectiles.
-Proto Man takes 1.1x more damage from projectiles, meaning you have to use his shield effectively.
-Different final smash, probably using his iconic song.

-Side B is a nut throw instead of a Gordo throw, which explode on contact, but travel farther and faster, and can't be reflected by normal attacks (only reflectors)
-Neutral B is completely different, not sure what a good one would be though. Bonkers can't inhale, really.
-Down B is functionally the same, but he swings the hammer downward instead of forward.
-Dash attack is hammer spin instead of the forward flop.

-Viridi is much shorter, similar to how Daisy is shorter than Peach.
-Viridi doesn't have a shield, and so her dash attack and back air now use vines that temporarily appear, giving them more range, but no armor.
-Side B is no longer explosive flame, because really? The Goddess of Nature using EXPLOSIVE FLAME? Side B is instead meteor shower, which is a projectile that spawns above Viridi and travels down and forward, but doesn't last as long as Palutena's side b.

-Glass Joe is slightly larger than Little mac, but also lighter. He also falls faster.
-When using a move with super armor, Glass Joe takes more damage than Mac would.
-That's it. Glass Joe is just objectively worse than Mac.
-If he HAD to get one buff, it'd be Up B travelling higher and having better horizontal movement.

Last edited:

TeaEnfield

Smash Rookie
MY 3:

- Naked Snake/Big Boss (Solid Snake Echo)
- Shadow Mario (Mario ofc)
- The hero of Twilight (Link Echo smash4/brawl version) He's my baby I miss his grab and his boomerang and his bombss ;-;

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
  • Princess Hilda as a :ultzelda: echo.
  • Celica as a :ultrobin: echo.
  • Big Boss as a :ultsnake: echo.

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Jeanne as a Bayonetta echo

Shadow as a Sonic echo (may god rest his soul)

And Big Boss as a Snake echo, but only if we get codec calls for the MGS5 crew, featuring Kaz yelling about how Mario never had to lose anything and Huey blaming Big Boss for the Galeem incident

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
To be honest I'd only be interested in Chrom and Ken style Echoes:

Impa...but as an echo of CLOUD with Sheik's Final Smash, up and down specials.

Tails as an echo of Sonic with a unique up special and Peach/Daisy's 'float' mechanic(with tail spinning animation)

Dixie Kong as a Diddy echo, again with a unique up special, Final Smash and grab animation.

Scottfrankd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScottFrankD
Medusa as a Palutena echo
Octolings as an Inkling echo
Raichu as a Pikachu echo

I would have them all as heavier versions of the original fighter.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Boshi as a Yoshi Echo, Medusa as a Palutena Echo, and Funky Kong as a Donkey Kong Echo.

I do want Dixie a lot more than Funky, but Dixie in my opinion deserves to get the unique fighter treatment. I'm hoping she's one of the 4 unannounced DLC characters even though she's a spirit already.

Last edited:

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
Black Knight [:ultike:]
-Slower
-Warp Up-B (:ultzelda:,:ultmewtwo:,:ultpalutena:)
Waluigi [:ultsnake:]
-Better in air, worse on ground
-All weapons re-skinned with Mario theme (Bob-ombs, Bullet Bill Launcher, etc.)
Owain/Odin [:ultrobin:]
-Uses Missiletainn (no item decay, stronger than bronze but worse than Levin)

Quetzal77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
yomugo
3DS FC
1349-4940-0147
Impa :ultsheik:, with more of a magic/geomancy look to her moves
Malos :ultshulk:, with a different Final Smash
Celica :ultrobin:, with different spells that act the same as Robin's, a self-damaging feature to replace Robin's weapon durability, and a different Final Smash.

FalcoXP

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3205-1052-7736
-Raiden (MGS2) (Snake): Would be cool to have him, could be a little faster than Snake and use katana in some smash attacks instead of explosives. extra points if the manage to use the Raiden from Rising.

-Impa (TLOZ)(Sheik): Impa is a recurring character in the TLOZ series, with her in Smash, the Zelda cast would be complete.

Well, that's all... I dont have any other idea in mind.

Update: Someone said that Medusa as Palutena echo.... I support this a lot!

Last edited:

Scottfrankd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScottFrankD
Black Knight [:ultike:]
-Slower
-Warp Up-B (:ultzelda:,:ultmewtwo:,:ultpalutena:)
Waluigi [:ultsnake:]
-Better in air, worse on ground
-All weapons re-skinned with Mario theme (Bob-ombs, Bullet Bill Launcher, etc.)
Owain/Odin [:ultrobin:]
-Uses Missiletainn (no item decay, stronger than bronze but worse than Levin)
That Waluigi would be hilarious

Scottfrankd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScottFrankD
I think honestly I would rather have that than a unique moveset at this point.
I'm just spit-balling off this, but you could have bob-omb for grenade, bullet bill for side B but not controllable, tennis racket to replace the side smash, a piranha plant snapping up for the up smash (the ones that jump out of the pipes in SMW) and a Monty Mole for the down b - place where it will pop out from and press again for it to jump out and pummel.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Medusa (Palutena): basically Dark Palutena. Would honestly work if you just gave her attacks dark/fire properties. Her counter turns people into stone and has to be mashed out of. Her fsmash is the snakes lashing out and her dsmash raises fire/dark beams like Megaman's.

Dixie (Diddy): her recovery is her helicopter twirl and her standard is the bubble gum gun. Maybe incorporate her hair into her grabs.

Impa (Shiek): Done in the Hyrule Warriors style. Slower and not as combo heavy but her attacks hit a lot harder. Vanish and the grenade stun like deku nuts. Her needles do significant shield damage if blocked.

MalachitJR

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-2092-6451-4829
Birdo(:ultyoshi:)using her superior suction instead of a tongue.
Plusle and minun(:ulticeclimbers:) using electricity instead of ice, so they'll be Semi-clones.
Paula(:ultness:) I'd like to see more earthbound fighters.

MalachitJR

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-2092-6451-4829
The baby Mario bros would work better as an IC echo. Plusle and Minun never carried hammers lol.
Yeah that would make more sense. I always pictured the baby bros to fight in there crib from mario kart Double Dash but that would look weird XD. And having chain chomp be there final smash.

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
Yeah that would make more sense. I always pictured the baby bros to fight in there crib from mario kart Double Dash but that would look weird XD. And having chain chomp be there final smash.
Yeah I've thought the Baby Bros would be a great echo for a while. Just use a fire flower for their Down B and a koopa shell for their B. Up B could stay the same even though they never do anything like that.

Scottfrankd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScottFrankD
Another 3 echoes for the fun of it:

Funky Kong for Donkey Kong, except he can do everything like in Tropical Freeze
Leon S Kennedy for Snake, he has incendiary grenades and the Mine Thrower to replace the side B
Alien Xenomorph for Ridley, because Sakurai wants those reaction vids

Scottfrankd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScottFrankD
And one last 3:

Johto Trainer for Pokemon Trainer, with Totodile, Bayleef and Typhlosion but without the flying capabilities
Charlie for Olimar, except he is slower, heavier and only uses Rock pikmin
Earthworm Jim for the Belmonts, the whip is replaced by... his body? Final smash is trapping the opponent in a suit and a cow landing on them

PKFun

Smash Rookie
Ninten (Ness)
While I'd prefer him to be unique, if an Echo was all he got, I'd still be super satisfied.
-Has PK Freeze instead of Flash
-Tilts are made to resemble PK Beam instead of PK Rockin
-His Up-Smash and Down-Smash function the same as Ness' but have him throw a Boomerang instead
-Final Smash is PK Beam, which functions similarly to Lucario's Final Smash, with Ana and Lloyd helping.

I don't really want any more echoes other than Ninten, but I guess Shadow and Octoling would be cool.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Ninten from Lucas, Black Shadow from Ganondorf, and Shadow from Sonic.

If we’re disqualifying ATs, then replace Shadow with either Louie for Olimar, Octoling for Inkling or Medusa for Palutena.

Man, they really should make more Echo Fighters.

LYD

Smash Rookie
the three i want the most are the following:
  • Funky Kong (Donkey Kong)
  • Impa (Sheik)
  • Ninten (Ness)
however, there are still a couple other echos which i’d like to see as well:
  • Dry Bowser (Bowser)
  • Dr. Luigi (Dr. Mario)
  • Hilda (Zelda)

Grunky Peep

Smash Journeyman
It's really hard to pick just 3, but I'll give it a try.

Impa as an echo of :ultsheik:. Makes sense because Impa trained Sheik.

:026: as an echo of :ultpikachu:. They'd be heavier and deal more damage. We have Pichu and Pikachu, it'd be cool to finish the trio.

Octoling as an echo of :ultinkling:. Reasons are obvious.

Top Bottom