• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Choose 3 characters for an "Echo Fighter Pass"

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Ninten would be cool but imo he should be a semi-clone instead of an echo; the only specials that Ness and Lucas have that are in Ninten's game are PK Freeze, PK Fire and PK Thunder, and it'd be cool if Ninten used PK Beam, 4th-D Slip, and maybe Offense or Defense Up as well as Power Shield + PSI Shield or other moves exclusive to Mother.

Last edited:

Mike Arcade

Smash Rookie
My choices would have to be Ms. Pac-Man, Zack Fair, and Dark Meta Knight.

I'd have some other choices but for the life of me I can't remember who else I'd pick, but hey for 3 Echo Fighters you can't go wrong with these ones.

Edit: No wait I remember now, Blood Falcon could be a fun choice! I've seen some posts go for Dry Bowser, Dr. Luigi, and Hilda. Gotta say they are some great choices.

Last edited:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I think additional echo fighters would actually be very well received, especially so if the choices are well made.

Last edited:

newsuperhackboys

Smash Cadet
1: Ninten (EarthBound) (Ness's Echo)
Mother tends to not have that many representatives aside from well, those 2.
2: Tails (Sonic) (Sonic) (& Knuckes)
Shadow is an assist trophy so Tails should fill the role instead. He would be like Sonic, maybe slightly slower but perhaps a little stronger. He could use his tails as a neutral attack. His Up B could just be his flying ability.
Note: Tails does appear in the Green Hill Zone Stage but Alfonzo! So just replace him with Cream in level and bam!
3: Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong) (Diddy Kong)
Second Highly requested character since King K. Rool. Personally, I doubt she could be an echo but Daisy is an echo of Peach and uses some abilities that she normally doesn't do (Toads, Bomber, Parasol, Vegetables, etc.) so it wouldn't be a major surprise. Just like Tails, her Up B would completely change. She would use her hair as a recovery and she could also use it as a grab.

Also, all of these character are spirits, but so are playable fighters, so it's not a big deal.

volbound1700

Smash Master
As crazy as this sounds, right now I would love to have Tails, Knuckles, and Shadow as echoes or semi-echoes of Sonic.

D

Deleted member

Glass Joe over Little Mac (I just REALLY want a new joke character in the vein of Pichu, the closest thing to it we got is :ultlink: over :ultyounglink:/:ulttoonlink:, but still want a new real joke character that is objectively worse than the fighter it's based off of)

Slippy Toad over Fox (Another Joke Character, not the exact same as Fox, he mixes it up with another characters moveset like :ultchrom:, I just want him weak with a 50% chance of harming himself with each attack, yet heavier than Fox/Falco/Wolf)

Blood Falcon over Captain Falcon (Exact same moves as Ganondorf, for all those who main Ganondorf, mainly if Blood Falcon is in, Maybe Ganon will finally get his own original moveset?)

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Every time someone says Medusa should be an echo fighter of Palutena I die a little. How to prove you've never played Uprising in one statement. She's not even the main villain of the game smh.

FalcoXP

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3205-1052-7736
Every time someone says Medusa should be an echo fighter of Palutena I die a little. How to prove you've never played Uprising in one statement. She's not even the main villain of the game smh.
Medusa was the main villain in the original game tho.

I would prefer Hades, but he has to be a brand new char instead of an echo.

Nepht

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 4207 3323 3722
Cranky Kong, Wart and Fawful (Fawful uses gadgets so could easily be a Bowser Jr echo fighter).

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I played through Kid Icarus twice and 100% it. As FalcoXP said, she was the villain of the original and was a bait and switch in Uprising. Honestly, if you really think about, she's not that different from characters like Dedede in how he was "the Big Bad™" in one mainline game and overshadowed by bigger villains in others like Kirby's Adventure. Dedede getting possessed by the main villain is even a reoccurring theme and happens in four games.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Ninten (Ness): Different up and down smashes, bat is aluminum, psi rockin as final smash.

Dixie (Diddy): Unique up b that works as a mix of parasol and spinning kong. Grab uses hair, popgun is bubblegum, different final smash.

Black Shadow (Captain Falcon): Side b is bull rush , charges with horns, different final smash. Takes Ganons f tilt, ganons old up smash, and falcons old fsmash.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
3 Echoes:
- Octoling (Inkling)
- Zack (Cloud)
- Medusa (Palutena)

3 Semi Clones:
- Dixie Kong (Diddy Kong)
- Black Shadow (Captain Falcon)
- Celica (Robin)

3 MORE Semi Clones, all promotion from Final Smash Cameo a la Chrom and one is a semi clone of a hypothetical newcomer which will be italicized:
- Proto Man (Mega Man)
- Kumatora (Lucas)
- Fiora (Elma)

Honorable mention:
- Disco Kid (Little Mac semi clone)

Last edited:

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
As crazy as this sounds, right now I would love to have Tails, Knuckles, and Shadow as echoes or semi-echoes of Sonic.
Not crazy at all really. Knuckles and Shadow are of course already accounted for as ATs so it won't happen this time around but realistically that'd be perfectly doable. We already have precedent of similar characters and groups of similar characters like shotos in SF aren't anything new. And in general characters with a common theme have always been a thing in fighting games. In Smash we've already got:
Mario Bros. :ultmario::ultluigi::ultdoc:
Space Animals :ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf:
Lords :ultmarth::ultlucina::ultroy::ultchrom: (this one is ended up working out pretty well funnily enough as the remaining unique FE reps aren't lords)

Though third parties are allowed echoes perhaps a full set of 4 Sonic characters may be considered too much, but given how popular he is, especially among Nintendo fans, and the close relationship Nintendo has with SEGA, it could work without using up too much time or resources if they were so inclined to give it a shot.

They all have their own unique traits and abilities but when you break it down, Tails, Knuckles, and Shadow can already do most everything Sonic can in the actual games so basing them all on him would work well.

Tails and Knuckles would probably need a few more changes to their normal attacks, but they'd definitely work as semi-clones with Shadow working well as Echo even if he got a few changes as well. Though the line is a bit blurry when :ultken: is an Echo but :ultdoc: isn't.

Last edited:

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
To be fair, Sakurai admits that Ken is not what echoes are supposed to be.
This is where I'd ask "Then why categorize him as an Echo in the first place?" but it's Sakurai so I know the answer is Ken's legacy as originally being a straight up clone character. Still doesn't change the blur caused by him or the Doc though. Not really a big deal to me as I've always enjoyed clone/semi-clone characters, but it is a bit inconsistent.

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
This is where I'd ask "Then why categorize him as an Echo in the first place?" but it's Sakurai so I know the answer is Ken's legacy as originally being a straight up clone character. Still doesn't change the blur caused by him or the Doc though. Not really a big deal to me as I've always enjoyed clone/semi-clone characters, but it is a bit inconsistent.
On top of what you said I suspect they started with a more echo-y Ken and just kept making "just this one more" small changes to get him to feel more like Ken until they got where he is now and just decided to call him an echo because that's what he was supposed to be.

Zieges

Smash Rookie
Impa as a Shiek echo, although a lot of people want that.

Prince Poo as a Ness echo. (Sword of Kings could replace the bat)

Machamp as a Incineroar echo. (4 arms = More fun)

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
I played through Kid Icarus twice and 100% it. As FalcoXP said, she was the villain of the original and was a bait and switch in Uprising. Honestly, if you really think about, she's not that different from characters like Dedede in how he was "the Big Bad™" in one mainline game and overshadowed by bigger villains in others like Kirby's Adventure. Dedede getting possessed by the main villain is even a reoccurring theme and happens in four games.
That's fair, but I don't see her being reasonable as an echo fighter at all. Palutena's special moves are all based off of the goddess powers you use in uprising, which aren't really anything Medusa has been shown to use at all. I have no problem with Medusa herself, but her being an echo fighter of Palutena is kinda like saying Dixie should be an echo fighter, just because she CAN be doesn't mean she SHOULD be. Hades would work better as an echo fighter, granted of Ganondorf instead of a KI character.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Not crazy at all really. Knuckles and Shadow are of course already accounted for as ATs so it won't happen this time around but realistically that'd be perfectly doable. We already have precedent of similar characters and groups of similar characters like shotos in SF aren't anything new. And in general characters with a common theme have always been a thing in fighting games. In Smash we've already got:
Mario Bros. :ultmario::ultluigi::ultdoc:
Space Animals :ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf:
Lords :ultmarth::ultlucina::ultroy::ultchrom: (this one is ended up working out pretty well funnily enough as the remaining unique FE reps aren't lords)

Though third parties are allowed echoes perhaps a full set of 4 Sonic characters may be considered too much, but given how popular he is, especially among Nintendo fans, and the close relationship Nintendo has with SEGA, it could work without using up too much time or resources if they were so inclined to give it a shot.

They all have their own unique traits and abilities but when you break it down, Tails, Knuckles, and Shadow can already do most everything Sonic can in the actual games so basing them all on him would work well.

Tails and Knuckles would probably need a few more changes to their normal attacks, but they'd definitely work as semi-clones with Shadow working well as Echo even if he got a few changes as well. Though the line is a bit blurry when :ultken: is an Echo but :ultdoc: isn't.
Honestly, I really just want the Mii costumes back. I thought the gunner Mii was a cool moveset for Tails. I hate that the Mii costumes haven't returned.

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Honestly, I really just want the Mii costumes back. I thought the gunner Mii was a cool moveset for Tails. I hate that the Mii costumes haven't returned.
They're likely to return as DLC. The reason they weren't in the base game is so that the 3rd party companies can make more money from them. It sucks from our standpoint, but we're almost assuredly getting most, if not all of them back.

Rayleigh

Smash Journeyman
I'm a sucker for semi-clones, so:

Fusion Suit Samus - A Hybrid style (a fusion, if you well...yes, you have permission to end my existence) of Samus and Zero Suit Samus. Imagine ZSS, but with Normal Samus' Specials and usage of the grapple beam to replace the taser gun where appropriate.

Clown Car Bowser - Imagine Bowser Jr....but bigger, beefier, access to fire breath, and maybe super armor. It's such a dumb idea, but I *really* love it and I don't know why. Make him the actual slowest character, but give him good air gameplay and a god-tier recovery move (AKA King K. Rool's) to compensate.

Toad - Imagine Mario...but smaller and faster. Just give him some animation adjustments and replace his down-B with turnips and you have yourself...what do you mean we already have a mario echo!? But he worked hard for his degr- Fine, fine...cut to the next idea!

Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard - Alright, but imagine if we made each one of these its own character? Make them each a little stronger and give them a down-B. Picking a single one lets you play your favorite one even better...but you lose the versatility of changing mid-battle in order to disrupt your opponent.

---------------

Here's a link to more dumb ideas.

Last edited:

volbound1700

Smash Master
They're likely to return as DLC. The reason they weren't in the base game is so that the 3rd party companies can make more money from them. It sucks from our standpoint, but we're almost assuredly getting most, if not all of them back.
Thanks... I am keeping my fingers crossed. Unlike the other Smash games, this has been the only game that has seen none of my wanted characters in it. I kind of wanted Simon Belmont and King K Rool so I am very happy they made it. I also like Ridley and Inkling but the rest of the characters are meh to me. Getting all of the characters back was the big hype that caused me to get this game.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
My picks for an echo pass would be Hilda, Proto Man/Roll and Dixie Kong.

All Echos move at the same speed and are the same weight so we'll go with Chrom level differences.

Hilda would use Zelda's old voice clips and more reserved animations and her tilts would be based off Palutena's
Proto Man, in line with his Glass Cannon status would take increased damage but make up for it with having permanent back armor (not total but significant) and stronger lemons. Roll on the other hand would be smaller than Mega Man but lack some of his range.
Dixie Kong seems kind of obvious.

newsuperhackboys

Smash Cadet
Clown Car Bowser - Imagine Bowser Jr....but bigger, beefier, access to fire breath, and maybe super armor. It's such a dumb idea, but I *really* love it and I don't know why. Make him the actual slowest character, but give him good air gameplay and a god-tier recovery move (AKA King K. Rool's) to compensate.-------------
It’ a dumb idea but it’s just be so cool! If items could get DLC, make the Clown Car one.

Plague von Karma

The Resource Mogul
NNID
chippy2000
3DS FC
1848-2511-8044
Switch FC
SW-0980-5769-9485
Ninten to echo Ness (they're pretty different in the games but it's the best we'll get) :ultness:
Hades to echo Palutena because god he does not get enough appreciation :ultpalutena:
Zack Fair to echo Cloud :ultcloud:

D

Deleted member

Raichu, Pikachu but does more damage and is a tidbit heavier (not too much to make gameplay sluggish though (though is it me or do all the heavyweights feel so much faster to play as then in previous smash games?)) :ultpikachu:

Tails (since Shadow is already deconfirmed, F) higher and somewhat floaty jumps, but attacks do slightly less damage (same knockback though) :ultsonic:

Alph, Rock Pikmin are added (Purple Pikmin with shorter throw but break shields easily) and the Winged Pikmin recovery has more Winged Pikmin thus taking you higher easier, but no White/Purple Pikmin. Brittany is now a recolour for Alph and Louie is a recolour for Olimar instead. :ultolimar:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Raidou Kuzunoha as an echo for Joker.
Impa for Sheik.
Octoling for Inkling.

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
Doc Louis - Echo of Little Mac
Dixie Kong - Echo of Diddy Kong
Rodin - Echo of Bayonetta

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Jeanne
Medusa
Blood Falcon

Last edited by a moderator:

Grie

Smash Apprentice
Mario: koopa troopa.
This one is really weird but hear me out. Odyssey had the koopa races where you raced against basically koopa’s with mario’s moves? Well same thing here, but with special that make more sense like hammers replacing fireballs, a squirtle like shell dash instead of cape and other koopa/hammer bro abilities.

Ike: hector
While black knight could make more sense, I would beg to differ. Hector and ike move and fight in a very similar way (except one uses and axe instead of a sword) it would just be a matter of tweaking the hit boxes to match the axe and replacing some of the weirder specials like eruption. They could also use some of Ike’s old moves like is up air from sm4sh.

Sonic: tails
There are a ton of sonic characters that could fit the bill, but tails works the best out of all the ones we have. Even back in sonic 2 he was practically the same character except he could fly. So replace spring with the helicopter tail and voila, new sonic character.

P47

Smash Apprentice
Shadow as a Sonic Echo: Pretty self explanatory.

Gooey as a Kirby Echo: Gooey could have a tether grab and a different Up B (Dark Laser Flare from KSA). While it'd probably be too much work for an Echo (since he'd need a lot of completely new animations) it'd be really cool to have the original Kirby P2 (unless you count Keeby or TAC in Super Star).

Kat and Ana as an Ice Climbers Echo: I doubt Echos can come from different series but I feel like this could work surprisingly well. Just change the Neutral B to throw shurikens instead of icicles as well as make them faster and more lightweight than Icies.

Last edited:

CboyC95

Smash Apprentice
Well, my picks are:
  • Jeanne (Bayonetta)
  • Medusa (Palutena)
  • Octoling (Inkling)
Here are some more just because I want to get them out there:
  • Sakura (Ryu)
  • Brittany (Olimar)
  • Dark Meta Knight (Meta Knight)
  • Blood Falcon (Captain Falcon)
  • Coco Bandicoot (Crash Bandicoot) (If he gets in)
  • Bow Kid (Hat Kid) (If she gets in)
  • Tostada (Juan Aguacate) (If he gets in)
  • Shadow (Sonic)
  • Ms. Pac-Man (Pac-Man)

Last edited:

Akg0001

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Akin01
Dixie Kong (Diddy Kong)
Octoling (Incling)
Impa (Sheik)

afrozenaer0

Smash Apprentice
-Akuma for Ryu
-Shadow for Sonic
-Dry Bowser for Bowser
-Galacta Knight for Meta Knight
-Ninten for Ness (Ness uses moves in Smash he can't in Earthbound the same would go for Ninten)
-Proto Man for Mega Man

Top Bottom