• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Charizard Tactical Discussion

MaTA

Smash Ace
NNID
MatisElite
pretty sure you can do charizards up B on delfino to the highest platform standing on the bottom when its in motion, sorta like the battlefield to plateform except you dont have to drop for this one.

and yeah charizard does ****.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Needz moar discussion.

So we all know that nair has no landing lag. What moves does everyone like to use when following up the nair? I've been using nair to jab a good bit lately.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
And according to Saint Reflex's guide Rocksmash comes out in 3 frames.
it's true

reflex is actually the human incarnation of squirtle jesus, come to save us all and deliver us from the evils of top tier ******s

if i had a picture of luis, i'd paste it onto squirtle's face here

it's also true that rock smash ****ing ***** if you use it right

marth trying to space a nair on you?? rock smash the first hit, you trade damage and the second hit never comes out. little uses like that. charizard's just like RAAAHHAHHHH ROCK SMASH ***** whatcha gonna do, whatcha gonna do, whatcha gonna do when i rock smash yoooooooooooooooooou

it's just another defensive option zard has that *****. zard is all about defensive options.

Bestiarius

Smash Ace
Well, normally level 9s are disgustingly stupid (just stand around Bullet Seeding and you'll see what I mean), but that was sick nasty awesome pwnage. Why calling it IceCooning? Nothing against my dawg Coontail, but it happened to you, not him.

Toby.

Smash Master
I call it IceCooning.

And according to Shaya's frame data thread (the one I didn't read) Rocksmash comes out in 3 frames.
Fixed.

Looks like SOMEBODY should have read the frame data that shaya posted all those years ago...

"Rock Smash (side):
Notes:
1. The individual 'hits' on part 3 are hard to calculate, there are 9 rocks shooting out at various points, all of which I believe can hit.
2. The 'rock' can be hit from frame 3, causing early explosion. This 'jumps' the move to frame 30. If Charizard isn't also hit the move ends the same time.
3. Only the first hit [1] incurs hitlag on Charizard, all other hits have 'projectile' properties, only applying to the opponent.
4. Second hit [2] is a TRAP, with no shield stun or hit lag, if you aren't doing anything but holding shield, you'll get hit by the shrapnal. FUX. Or if your Marth, Up B :D

Hit: 24-26 [1], 28-30 [2]; 30-50 [3]
End: 61
Hit Lag: 14 [1]; 1 [2]; 5 [3]
Shield Stun: 16 [1]; 1 [2]; 7 [3]
Advantage (shield): Anywhere from -21 to -9...
Hit Stun: 13 [1], ? [2], 24 [3]"

Yeah bish get your learning on!

You just got paped.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
2. The 'rock' can be hit from frame 3, causing early explosion. This 'jumps' the move to frame 30. If Charizard isn't also hit the move ends the same time.
did someone just get counter paped

i think someone might have just gotten counter paped

maybe

idk i'm not a pape expert or anything

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
miles doesn't read shaya's frame data thread.

toby i told you i'm not a pape expert, i have a long way to go to the **** pape levels that you guys are at!

Bestiarius

Smash Ace
You can't counter pape papes. The universe can't comprehend such a situation and so time resets to just prior to whatever counter-papage would have occurred and avoids this impossibility.

Miles.

Smash Champion
I am at work, getting paid the big bucks to manage a restaurant, I just go in the office, close the door, ignore my employees and go on smashboards.

Pape.

Pure Pape.

Miles.

Smash Champion
Dang, Miles, I wish I had your life!
No you dont.

I drink to much, then I smoke when I am drunk, and I have unprotected sex with women who sometimes end up being not that attractive, but I dont realize this until after I am sober, by then...its too late.

Plus I am kinda fat now, been gaining weight from all the drinking.

STAY IN SCHOOL, DONT DO DRUGS.

Play pokemon.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Well, normally level 9s are disgustingly stupid (just stand around Bullet Seeding and you'll see what I mean), but that was sick nasty awesome pwnage. Why calling it IceCooning? Nothing against my dawg Coontail, but it happened to you, not him.
Hahaha cuz thats miles favorite thing to do when it comes to naming it call it IceCooning cause hes baiting me to get all excited lol. Sorry to spoil your fun miles :p.

Anyway wow frame three for rocksmash....thats awesome because lately Ive been playing a mario and everytime he fireball approaches I space Rocksmash so as soon as the rock comes out and is pulled up a FireBall hits it causing the rocksmash counter to come out. Im sure this is why too if rocksmash comes out of frame three.......good stuff!!

So fellow PT's frama data states squirtles fastest move has 2 frames on zard's RS so honestly squirtle jab only two frames faster than rocksmash.....does this mean zard is getting close to being as papes as squirtle is OH ****!!!!

feardragon64

Smash Champion
I am at work, getting paid the big bucks to manage a restaurant, I just go in the office, close the door, ignore my employees and go on smashboards.

Pape.

Pure Pape.
Like a true pokemon trainer.
Throw your pokeball and let your grunts do everything for you with occasional encouragement.

Then reap the rewards.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Yeah except GOOD Pokemon trainers actually care about their pokemon, instead of treating them like robots/peons/dirt/etc.

It's like we're finding a new use for rock smash for every day. Either Rock Smash is more flexible than I thought, or everyone is too obsessed with Rock smash.

Bestiarius

Smash Ace
Dang, so many PT's that I thought had died are actually alive ! There's Yukiwarashi, Fearmy, and now Charizard92. If only we had a clue where Topcat was . . .

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Oh that, I just haven't been active (being bored of the video games I have and not having a topic around to talk about)

Top Bottom