• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Charizard Tactical Discussion

Charizard92

Smash Champion
]http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/5940/chare.jpg
Kinda looks like a dragon, a lot more so than normal

This is kind of what I'd expect for the creepy monster in the stereotypical cage (or my closet, I never leave it open)

http://img2.imageshack.us/img2/2183/charz.jpg

Epic, just Epic. If it wasn't so big, I'd make this my avatar (Charizard of course, Blaziken pales in comparison to him [and all the other fire type starters])

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/2073/1679535.jpg

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/1179/1702376.png

:eek:
Thoughts in bold, or outside quotes.

Seriously, I really like the Charizard vs Blaziken. If you can make the Charizard there Avatar size I'll accept it in a heartbeat (not selling soul though, savin' that for unlimited no strings attached wishes)

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
lols this is a great thread to lurk, I love how much toby has influenced you guys, and the pape spam, its great.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I'll probably sound like a noob asking this, but I'm gonna ask it anyway.

Has anyone even considered using Charizards upB in a similar fashion as Marth's upB?
I know the options are more limited then Marth's, but I was quite happy with results when I started incorporating it into my game (seeing as PT is my fun character, I'm a scrub though x))

inb4 getting flamed in the charizard thread is normal

T-block

B2B TST
yeah up-b OoS can be effective, and it's got good killing power

it's not hard to DI to avoid the last hit and punish though, so i really only use it against bigger targets. that's me playing more cautiously though

CoonTail

Smash Lord
I jus have found that honestly you can try and do an Up-B OoS once......after that its way to predictable because most players usually dash-shield to Up-B OoS. So overall you can try it but if you miss dont go throwing it around cuz then your kinda asking to be killed.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I jus have found that honestly you can try and do an Up-B OoS once......after that its way to predictable because most players usually dash-shield to Up-B OoS. So overall you can try it but if you miss dont go throwing it around cuz then your kinda asking to be killed.
stated for truth. Also, who else here loves those moments when you use rock smash and you get hit but the move still hits even though you don't pull out your rock?

Vermy

Smash Champion
;__;

why can't rocksmash have invincibility frames?!??!?!!?!?

Or Wario Waft super armours through it.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
;__;

why can't rocksmash have invincibility frames?!??!?!!?!?
Because Sakurai hates all Pokemon. Except Pikachu.

Except in Melee.

Or the bombs on Pirate Ship go through it.

lolz

Vermy

Smash Champion
Or you hit DK and his super armour straight through it, killing you with an Africa Punch ;__;

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Or peach F-airs through it and cancels out every god **** rock shotgun blast we got(No time to reload!!!)

Just for you vermy.....sorrryy!!

Vermy

Smash Champion
DAMM IT GUYS! WE HAD A GOOD THING GOING! WHAT THE HELL?!

You know what. I might cut you tonight.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
or falco lasers it

rock smash beats tornado usually but it is possible for the mk to mash b enough that it beats the rock

what a ****

Magik0722

Smash Champion
Actually rock smash loses to MT more often then beating it, you have to hit him at the side of the tornado which can be difficult

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
yeah you pull the rock out when you are right next to the tornado so it appears where MK is. usually i take 1% and MK takes like 15-20%. however i'm pretty sure MK can raise the priority to a point where he won't take damage from rock smash and the two will clash and both characters return to a neutral stance.

Magik0722

Smash Champion
i dont think the two will ever clash and return to nuetral.

Just raise the MT a little bit since it has more priority at the bottom of the tornado and place it were a SH rocksmash wouldnt be directly to the side of the tornado

Charizard gets pretty wrecked by MT

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
i can swear that they clashed once while i was playing domo in a friendly, he said he was mashing b more than usual. i'll test it out further next time i play a MK

what you say about the positioning is true though, if they place it where rock smash won't easily hit the side of the tornado then the rock isn't as viable in that situation, it only works if you hit the side where MK is

if not for MT, i think zard would be really close to about neutral with MK

CoonTail

Smash Lord
oh yeah guys start using fsmash with zard its really good
Magik = right
best combo ever is Rocksmash-Usmash (obv the 61%er) to studder step f-smash on MK
3 hit kills on MK cmon how do you argue

In short tho magik are we talking straight f-smash or studder step?

Top Bottom