• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

characters you DON'T want in smash

Status
Not open for further replies.

CureParfait

Smash Ace
The Joker From Persona (He Would Be Nothing More Than A Lousy Bayonetta Echo/Clone)

Fedrick From Dragon Quest (He Would be nothing more than a awful Simon Belmont/Marth echo, He isn't iconic enough, and we don't need anymore anime DeviantArt Fan Drawing swordsmen in the freaking game)!

Steve From Minecraft (Would a terrible Villager echo, comes from an indie series and two indie v.g series reps aren't playable, and has nothing interesting about him)!

More Fire Emblem, Mario, And Pokemon (Give Other series some love for heaven's awesome sake)!

Another Boring/Generic/Uninteresting mook enemy that's a clone of three different fighters (The choice to include such a thing as DLC is one of the worst thing's Nintendo could ever have done to begin!

Need I say more (Just really wish that the top three I mentioned weren't coming to Ultimate as 15 Dollar DLC)!
Uh what.......Erdrick and Steve isn't even confirmed for DLC. Plus Joker doesn't even work like Bayonetta judging by the moves he did when I played Persona 5.

Pikmin-ism42

Smash Journeyman
This thread is getting increasingly paranoid, I think someone mentioned Baldi?

In any case, other than the obvious (non-video game related characters), I don't feel like any inclusion would anger me really (a Fortnite character might tick me off a bit though). They finally added Ridley to the game, so except for the Chorus Kids, I'm pretty heckin' content with the roster.

I will say though, I noticed one character suggestion that people like to throw around a lot, and it does actually bother me: Rabbid Peach.
First of all, I don't entirely feel like Rabbids are all too realistic as a choice (plus Rayman would be a better Ubisoft rep), but secondly, Rabbid Peach is way too specific. If they're gonna add her, they may as well just add in a regular Rabbid and make her an alternate skin à la Koopalings.
I just really don't understand why so many people thought she was an obvious choice.

Quillion

Smash Hero
Just chiming in here to say Geno.

He's not a main character, he is a spinoff character, and he is a one-shot (Superstar Saga GBA cameo notwithstanding). I don't care about his popularity, that triple whammy of no prominence and relevance should keep him out.

Geno fans, call me back when he's at least a staple spinoff character.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
This thread is getting increasingly paranoid, I think someone mentioned Baldi?

In any case, other than the obvious (non-video game related characters), I don't feel like any inclusion would anger me really (a Fortnite character might tick me off a bit though). They finally added Ridley to the game, so except for the Chorus Kids, I'm pretty heckin' content with the roster.

I will say though, I noticed one character suggestion that people like to throw around a lot, and it does actually bother me: Rabbid Peach.
First of all, I don't entirely feel like Rabbids are all too realistic as a choice (plus Rayman would be a better Ubisoft rep), but secondly, Rabbid Peach is way too specific. If they're gonna add her, they may as well just add in a regular Rabbid and make her an alternate skin à la Koopalings.
I just really don't understand why so many people thought she was an obvious choice.
Likely because she's the most well liked Battle Kingdom Rabbid.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
No more pokemon AT ALL. (Except for both Decidueye and Blaziken OR Sceptile and Incineroar. I personally lean towards the latter two)

No more third parties AT ALL (Except for Quote from Cave Story)

No non-Nintendo/Namco/Capcom/HAL characters AT ALL (Except for Crash Bandicoot and Banjo & Kazooie)

No second reps from non-Nintendo/HAL that are already represented AT ALL (Except for Tails Prower, or Ken as a Ryu Echo)

Now, for the ones that I am seriously against (Even though they may have met a category, I feel I need to reiterate:

Geno
Shantae
Steve
Sora
Any Undertale fighter (Sidenote: I would love to see Megalovania/Bonetrousle/Ghost Fight in the music menu. Megalovania is a must)

I may have forgotten some exceptions, but I am serious on this rule until we get Isaac, Bandana Dee, and Karate Joe into the roster.
This post was liked so I clicked on the notification. For reference, this was written on September 15th. Because we didn't get any news from the November Direct (because it hadn't happened), figured I'd go back and see how I fared.

"Except for both Sceptile and Incineroar"
Ba-ba-ba-bingo!

"Except for Quote"
It's a long shot, but an honorable long shot in my opinion. I would be fine with a DLC spirit...

"Except for Crash Bandicoot and Banjo & Kazooie"
With the fighter pass on the horizon, these two are my go-to picks for who will make it in as DLC. Ba-ba-ba-bingo?

"Except for Ken as a Ryu Echo"
Ba-ba-ba-bingo!

"Geno"
Spirit

"Shantae"
Spirit

"Steve"
Likely DLC which makes me sad...

"Sora"
Unlikely DLC but still makes me sad that he's on the table. Based off of SqureEnix's stinginess when it comes to Cloud being the only FF spirit with two songs and no English voice acting (when even Marth got some) makes me question whether we are getting a SquareEnix rep as DLC to begin with...

Edit: there's some stuff at the end to talk about...

"Any Undertale fighter"
Taken back. Undertale is a pretty huge indie, and it's probably the only way to get Undertale music into the game. I have forced my self to be contempt with Sans sadly...

The ones I wanted:

"Isaac"
Assist and Mii Costume. His hope has died, but I already have a Mii Swordfighter modeled completely after him.

"Bandana Dee"
Spirit

"Karate Joe"
Spirit

I still have hope for them though. Mewtwo and Lucas were trophies before they became fighters. This COULD happen.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
"Sora"
Unlikely DLC but still makes me sad that he's on the table. Based off of SqureEnix's stinginess when it comes to Cloud being the only FF spirit with two songs and no English voice acting (when even Marth got some) makes me question whether we are getting a SquareEnix rep as DLC to begin with...
Square doesn't own the songs nor do they own Sora. Sora may be tied to Square due them being his creator, but Disney fully owns the IP and decides whether it gets used or not. In other words, SE has no real bearing on whether Sora gets in or not, and they're only stingy outside of the songs, which they have a hard time getting as well for their own FF games.

Last edited:

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Square doesn't own the songs nor do they own Sora. Sora may be tied to Square due them being his creator, but Disney fully owns the IP and decides whether it gets used or not. In other words, SE has no real bearing on whether Sora gets in or not, and they're only stingy outside of the songs, which they have a hard time getting as well for their own FF games.
Hold up... I messed up what I was saying and transitioned into a new thought disguised as an old one. But thank you for talking about this; I understand that Sora is technically Disney's property but SquareEnix still would have a say in this. Nintendo wouldn't bypass their input and only get word from Disney when Nintendo would still have to use content from Kingdom Hearts itself, published by SquareEnix themselves. The intellectual property may belong to Nintendo, but the game was made by SquareEnix. Nintendo can't simply ignore that.

"Sora"
Unlikely DLC but still makes me sad that he's on the table. (End of thought) Based off of SqureEnix's stinginess when it comes to Cloud being the only FF spirit with two songs and no English voice acting (when even Marth got some) makes me question whether we are getting a SquareEnix rep as DLC to begin with...
The rest of the stuff was about whether SquareEnix would decide to allow ANY OF THEIR OWN intellectual property, which I didn't make clear. By this I mean your Erdricks and Slimes to represent your Dragon Quest your Cronos to represent your Chrono Trigger, etc.

Thank you for discussing this!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Hold up... I messed up what I was saying and transitioned into a new thought disguised as an old one. But thank you for talking about this; I understand that Sora is technically Disney's property but SquareEnix still would have a say in this. Nintendo wouldn't bypass their input and only get word from Disney when Nintendo would still have to use content from Kingdom Hearts itself, published by SquareEnix themselves. The intellectual property may belong to Nintendo, but the game was made by SquareEnix. Nintendo can't simply ignore that.
It's more that Disney likes to talk to the creator himself and cares about his opinion when it comes to putting Sora in games. But not all the time. Though I have no doubt in my mind that Sakurai will ask the creator for some help. :)

The rest of the stuff was about whether SquareEnix would decide to allow ANY OF THEIR OWN intellectual property, which I didn't make clear. By this I mean your Erdricks and Slimes to represent your Dragon Quest your Cronos to represent your Chrono Trigger, etc.

Thank you for discussing this!
Right, just wanted to clear up the issue with the songs. I do agree they are stingy, though.

Though keep in mind Dragon Quest is owned by multiple people/companies as is. Slime I think is slightly less, but I don't know if it was also designed by Akira Toriyama or not.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
Minecraft Steve. He's barely even a character.

Fortnite anything.

Any random enemies, piranha plant should be a one time novelty and that's it.

More fire emblem. Enough's enough.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Nintendo making Smash Ultimate a non union VA game is why Cloud speaks Japanese. His VA is a union VA, and can't be changed unless he dies, nor can he go uncredited.

D

Deleted member

Geno
Hey remember all the development Geno got, and his personality?

Me neither.

D

Deleted member

[Insert your most wanted here]
Honestly after giving it a lot of thought, there are no particular characters I actually dislike. Even if Im not really a fan of stuff like Agumon, Shantae, Geno, Banjo, Isaac, etc. I really wouldn't mind any of these on smash if they happen to be in the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Adam Malkovich.
Because he would just deny the use of every command to any opponent.

“The use of all your moves are denied in this fight by me. Any objections Lady/Boy/Creature?”-Adam Malkovich

Dan

Smash Lord
get baited bois

Buzz from Earthbound, any USA president, Skrillex (Believe it or not he was in Wreck it Ralph), Navi, and any more fire emblem characters (I guess if they did the second wave of DLC in the future I would be okay with it but I don't want anymore until way later)
wut?

D

Deleted member

Right now, probably a fourth party character. You know, someone who didn't originate from a video game or as video game merchandise:ultrob:. It's the sort of floodgate opening that I don't think I'm ready to see yet. There are so many other video games I want to see in Smash Bros, so I'd rather have a lot of iconic video game characters introduced before we start moving outside of that area.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
There is one problem I have with dlc: Nintendo has never gotten it right, and most likely never will. We’re gonna end up with **** like Steve and Sans no matter how much we all asked for Banjo & Kazooie and similar characters.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
There is one problem I have with dlc: Nintendo has never gotten it right, and most likely never will. We’re gonna end up with **** like Steve and Sans no matter how much we all asked for Banjo & Kazooie and similar characters.
More people would rather have Steve than Banjo

StanXUltimate

Smash Rookie
Hello there. we know, in the Smash community, there's a lot of people that wants some characters, like, Rayman, Crash, Rex, and a lot more.
But there's people that want stupid characters, i will mention characters that, should, NEVER EVER, be in Smash Brothers.
1. Playstation/Xbox Exclusive Characters
Yes, probably people will say "But Joker is in" first, Joker is an ATLUS character, not an Sony character, second, there'sPersona Q2 in the 3DS, the reason of this characters it's very obvius, they never had a Nintendo game, also they're many like Kratos or Nathan Drake are owned by Sony, or Master Chief and Marcus that they're owned by Microsoft. And this is an Nintendo game

2. Sans
Undertale is a pretty good game, but, why people want Sans? First, he's not even the protagonist of the game, putting him would be like putting Dr. Eggman before Sonic, second, Undertale is an INDIE, indie characters are not relevant enough to be playable, and also they doesn't have the same value of a Third-Party character.
Also, most people only want Sans just because memes, just like Shrek or Goku.

3. Rabbids
Really? There's actual people who wants unironically Rabbids? And seriously i need to explain? First at all, Rayman is much a better option since he's the most iconic Ubisoft character, second, seriously, an annoying trash? Do you really think that Sakurai would put some kind of Minion but more annoying? Honestly i see them only as an Assist Trophy, no more.
And, NO, a decent crossover isn't an argument.

4. Any Cartoon Character
I really need to explain? These characters are CARTOON characters, not videogame characters, Sakurai already said that non videogame characters will not get in, these characters doesn't fit in the Smash Universe, if you want to play with Cartoon Network character, just play CN Punch Time Explosion.
5. Anime/Manga characters
Same with Cartoon characters, if you want to play with these, just play Jump Stars.

6. Steve (Minecraft)
Look, i don't hate Minecraft, Minecraft is a very goof game. The problem? he has no charism, and it's owned by Microsoft, the competence, "But Micro and Ninty are doing crossplay" yes, and? Playstation also is now doing crossplay.
He just doesn't fits, Microsoft is sending many messages to Nintendo, Phill Spencer said in 2015 that Banjo would be cool, and look.

Well, that's all, this is my first post.
Bye.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
What's so wrong with MK8 or BOTW's DLC? They look completely fine to me.
Also, Steve and Sans will appeal to people with as much rights to ask for them as you do with others.

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
Right now, probably a fourth party character. You know, someone who didn't originate from a video game or as video game merchandise:ultrob:. It's the sort of floodgate opening that I don't think I'm ready to see yet. There are so many other video games I want to see in Smash Bros, so I'd rather have a lot of iconic video game characters introduced before we start moving outside of that area.
I let characters like ROB and Labo Man slide because despite being toys, they were still manufactured by Nintendo to be used for video game purposes. Hanafuda on the other hand has nothing to do with video games... so yeah.

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
I would lump both the cartoon and anime character groups together and refer to them as non video game characters. (4th parties)

Other than that, I agree with most of your list outside of the Non-Nintendo character group.

(Wait... did StanXUltimate's thread get fused with this one? It also brought our replies to this one as well, making it look like I double posted. WTF?)

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Do not think we needed a thread to know which characters you do not fancy in this game.

The only ones specified to not belong in Smash are non-video game characters at origin.

Being an indie does not make it less important. Undertale, Five Nights, and yes Minexraft originally sold millions and millions of copies.

Being Sony and Microsoft exclusive does not matter to Nintendo. They want to sell content. These characters will do that.

culumon

Smash Apprentice
It's great that people are starting to look outside of the Smash bubble, as it were, to acknowledge that casual fans have different tastes and palates and that their opinions can influence the game, but... that probably doesn't mean we should start making unsubstantiated claims in the other direction either.

I'm not going to insinuate that my personal experiences are the objective truth of the universe or anything, but I do think it's telling that none of my friends who are Minecraft fans have any emotional attachment to Steve whatsoever. Hell, one of them absolutely hates the guy for supplanting the Creeper as the de facto mascot of the game after the Microsoft buyout. Minecraft may be absurdly popular, but that's not an instant guarantee that translates into Smash requests. Lord knows Mega Man was far from the most popular or relevant Capcom IP in 2013.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Honestly I only agree about non-game characters. I don't think they should be in.

But if they wanted to add Sans, Steve, and Nathan Drake I'd be more than okay with it.

Joinallthreacs.smash

Smash Journeyman
New update!

New characters: Freddi Fish and more FE swordfighters.
+ Updated opinions!

Robloxian/Roblox Kid: I HATE Roblox, and this game should stay the hell away from Smash.

Sans: Just because one game gets announced on Switch doesn't mean they should immediately get into Smash. (There are some exceptions like Crash Bandicoot) Also I just don't see him working in Smash, due to his Gaster Blasters seeming way too ridiculous and overpowered for standard moves. They seem more like Final Smashes. AAAAAAAND like another character on this list, I can't stand the fanbase. At all. Extremely toxic and stubborn, refuses to listen to other people's opinions without starting an argument or flame war.

Jynx: My least favorite Pokémon of all time. Enough said.

Goku (and all 4th party characters): Sakurai has stated that this is a fighting game for VIDEO GAME CHARACTERS. Characters from anime, TV shows, movies, memes, books, and other forms of media currently do not belong in Smash. This is why he allowed Mii characters in Smash in the first place: so you, and your favorite characters can all join the fight in some form. I stand by this rule because I have respect for Sakurai.

(If this rule was dropped by Sakurai however, I would love to see Steve Harvey, SpongeBob, and Xenomorph.)

Snip and Clip: Zero moveset potential and comes from a game that gives off a stupid/overly silly vibe similar to Freakyforms... no thanks. Also they function by cutting each other into pieces. That's pleasant.

Rabbids: Extremely annoying, and they would steal a much more deserved character slot from Rayman.

Baldi: OK, SERIOUSLY??? This isn't even a game in my opinion, rather a big, fat, ugly, mutated, pus filled, steaming pile of **** called a "game" that should never get representation in Smash. (That was a bit harsh... I apologize for the rant.)

Jonesy (Fortnite): OK, I do play Fortnite a lot, and I love the game, but what would this character's inclusion symbolize outside of being a dancing meme with guns? The moveset potential is there, but I feel like if this character got in, it would solely be for the horrendously toxic fanbase's demand... or the money. Same with Sans. It only takes about 2-3 games to run into a full group of screaming kids who rage and spout racial slurs every few seconds. (This is why I only play Fortnite with friends and family.) I'd be cool with an AT, item, or stage though.

Freddi Fish: I didn't even think about this character until someone in RTC brought it up, and then I realized how stupid and horrible of an inclusion she would really be. This character is from a game of the same name that is rated eC: Early Childhood, by the ESRB. That says it all. Freddi Fish is a game designed for small children for the sake of educational purposes. I played this game when I was three years old, and never played it again after that. We don't need characters designed for three year olds in Smash.

Insert Fire Emblem Swordfighter Here: It shouldn't be this way, but Fire Emblem representation in this game is horrible. Every single character wields a sword, all but one have counter as a down special, and 4 out of the 7 have Dancing Blade as a side special. That is awful, considering the FE games have so much diversity in fighter classes and weaponry. It's like Pokémon having mostly all fire types. We have 5 lords, a mage, and a manakete. Why can't we have an axe wielder, a pegasus knight, a dancer, an archer, a pirate, and more? There's so many different classes to choose, and barely any of them are being used whatsoever, with only one of the 3 weapons in the triangle being represented. (Unless you count Corrin's Dragon Fang) It makes me not want any more Fire Emblem characters, unless they carry something completely new and original to the FE cast in Smash. Pokémon has a ton of characters too, but at least they're all unique and have tons of special moves to use.

Those are my opinions. It's fine if you like any of these characters. I just don't want to see them in Smash.

Note: I'm sure there's good people in both the Undertale and Fortnite fanbases, this is just from personal experiences I've had.
its not right to exclude a game based of the fanbase.

Freddi Fish, Baldi, Fourth Parties and Snip and clip i feel very similarly

Also, Steve and Sans will appeal to people with as much rights to ask for them as you do with others.
Yup, the fanbase of Minecraft is way larger than Banjo-Kazzoie . Banjo-Kazzoie has been irrelevant for years, that will not change. Though personally i think that Banjo-Kazzoie is a waste spot, as he has relaton to Nintendo, he has more games (tge Banjo-Kazzoie 360 rerelease for example) on Xbox brand. He doesn't belong iN and i dont want him one bit, i would rather have Slippy Toad. Also I ha ve full confidence in Nintendo to deliver great DLC

Last edited:

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
Hello there. we know, in the Smash community, there's a lot of people that wants some characters, like, Rayman, Crash, Rex, and a lot more.
But there's people that want stupid characters, i will mention characters that, should, NEVER EVER, be in Smash Brothers.

1. Playstation/Xbox Exclusive Characters
Yes, probably people will say "But Joker is in" first, Joker is an ATLUS character, not an Sony character, second, there'sPersona Q2 in the 3DS, the reason of this characters it's very obvius, they never had a Nintendo game, also they're many like Kratos or Nathan Drake are owned by Sony, or Master Chief and Marcus that they're owned by Microsoft. And this is an Nintendo game

2. Sans
Undertale is a pretty good game, but, why people want Sans? First, he's not even the protagonist of the game, putting him would be like putting Dr. Eggman before Sonic, second, Undertale is an INDIE, indie characters are not relevant enough to be playable, and also they doesn't have the same value of a Third-Party character.
Also, most people only want Sans just because memes, just like Shrek or Goku.

3. Rabbids
Really? There's actual people who wants unironically Rabbids? And seriously i need to explain? First at all, Rayman is much a better option since he's the most iconic Ubisoft character, second, seriously, an annoying trash? Do you really think that Sakurai would put some kind of Minion but more annoying? Honestly i see them only as an Assist Trophy, no more.
And, NO, a decent crossover isn't an argument.

4. Any Cartoon Character
I really need to explain? These characters are CARTOON characters, not videogame characters, Sakurai already said that non videogame characters will not get in, these characters doesn't fit in the Smash Universe, if you want to play with Cartoon Network character, just play CN Punch Time Explosion.
5. Anime/Manga characters
Same with Cartoon characters, if you want to play with these, just play Jump Stars.

6. Steve (Minecraft)
Look, i don't hate Minecraft, Minecraft is a very goof game. The problem? he has no charism, and it's owned by Microsoft, the competence, "But Micro and Ninty are doing crossplay" yes, and? Playstation also is now doing crossplay.
He just doesn't fits, Microsoft is sending many messages to Nintendo, Phill Spencer said in 2015 that Banjo would be cool, and look.

Well, that's all, this is my first post.
Bye.
Make this your last post where the text is annoyingly large for mobile users.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
So why don’t we ever see him higher than Banjo on polls?
My problem is that MARIO Kart is supposed to have Mario characters. Yet what do we get instead? More of Peach and Mario, cus that’s what everyone wanted, and instead of Diddy Kong being back we get animal crossing and link. And still Nintendo has no explanation as to why Diddy Kong was excluded from that game. And the thing about Breath of the Wild is that people know that they are getting Link and pretty much only Link right from the get go. There’s a lot more riding on party games and things where you can play as multiple characters, especially when whatever choice you make could piss quite a few fans off. In fact, I could pretty much go on about how a good percent of classic Pokémon fans most likely quit because the newest games are way too easy.

Last edited:

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
Anything like James Bond, Spider-Man, or Goku would kill the game

Also I don’t want Shadow in the game because he annoys as does Sonic as a series in general

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Besides people like Steve or Sans, I'd say Sephiroth. I honestly never understood why people want him a character when we just barely got Cloud.
I can honestly get why some people wants him. He's an iconic and recognizable video game villain easily up there with Bowser and Dr. Eggman. In all honestly I wouldn't oppose to him being in. I can also only imagine Smash fanart of :ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultganondorf::ultkrool::ultpiranha::ultridley::ultwolf:all warmly welcoming and congratulating Sephiroth with a banner above saying "To our first 3rd party villain!"

Otherwise yeah if Sakurai almost wasn't able to get Cloud who only manged to make it into Ultimate at the last minute I can only imagine how difficult Sephiroth might be.

Last edited:

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
I will just go ahead and add Tingle as I character I would like to avoid seeing on the character select screen. I just saw some gameplay of Hyrule Warriors and hope such an annoying entity does not escape the Great Bay stage and plague the rest of the game.

Also...I am seeing Freddy Fish come up a lot here, did I miss something?

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Make this your last post where the text is annoyingly large for mobile users.
Or you could just report the post and let moderation take care of it instead of mini-modding (´ε` )

As to stay on topic, I’m usually onboard for most character suggestions. Totally down for seeing Goku, Master Cheif, and Steve? I’m an avid supporter of Dragonborn and Scorpion. I don’t even mind Smash getting Fornite representation. But despite that, I do have a list. My top three least favorite characters would have to be:

1) Freddy from Five Nights (hate the series and fan base)
2) Mickey Mouse (would love to see how they would fit him in but still a huge no)
3) Lara Croft (I like old school TR and Lara is cool. But I definitely think she belongs in PS all stars. More so even than Cloud. I think Crash fits both games but Lara is kind of a different category.)

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
There is a long list of characters I don't ever want to see in Smash. The ones I can think off the top of my head are:

Shrek
Steve
Sans
Every cartoon character
Every anime/manga character
Every comic book character

And I think that's about it. :)

Last edited:

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Non video game characters (Cartoon, manga, TV show, etc.)
Sans
Steve
Characters from existing third parties in Smash
Any third party character other than Master Chief or de Blob
Advertisement fighters
Fighters that don't exist
Non-unique fighters

...and that should cover most of it that won't make someone salty.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
So why don’t we ever see him higher than Banjo on polls?

My problem is that MARIO Kart is supposed to have Mario characters. Yet what do we get instead? More of Peach and Mario, cus that’s what everyone wanted, and instead of Diddy Kong being back we get animal crossing and link. And still Nintendo has no explanation as to why Diddy Kong was excluded from that game. And the thing about Breath of the Wild is that people know that they are getting Link and pretty much only Link right from the get go. There’s a lot more riding on party games and things where you can play as multiple characters, especially when whatever choice you make could piss quite a few fans off. In fact, I could pretty much go on about how a good percent of classic Pokémon fans most likely quit because the newest games are way too easy.
Because polls only care a small subset of people who buy and play Smash. Characters like Simon and Bayonetta never did well on polls yet both of them were added due to popular demand from the Ballot. Steve is likely the same case

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
West Chester Township, Butler County, Ohio
Uh what.......Erdrick and Steve isn't even confirmed for DLC. Plus Joker doesn't even work like Bayonetta judging by the moves he did when I played Persona 5.
A Thought just occured to me! You couldn't get them anyway because you have to pay a credit card total of 60 dollars just to access all of the Switches online features (As opposed to doing it for free on a system like Playstation Network- Post PS4 launch)!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom