• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

characters you DON'T want in smash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
A Thought just occured to me! You couldn't get them anyway because you have to pay a credit card total of 60 dollars just to access all of the Switches online features (As opposed to doing it for free on a system like Playstation Network- Post PS4 launch)!
It's 20 though.
Remove one take out lunch and it's paid for.

The problem with the service is, well, the service. Virtual Console is going too slow, and they didn't add dedicated servers to games that need it (Mario Kart 8 and Splatoon). And they are still lacking in the app department.

The price is one of the few good things about it.

Last edited:

CureParfait

Smash Ace
A Thought just occured to me! You couldn't get them anyway because you have to pay a credit card total of 60 dollars just to access all of the Switches online features (As opposed to doing it for free on a system like Playstation Network- Post PS4 launch)!
Switch's online features costs $20, stop spreading misinformation.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
You don't have to pay for Switch's Online whatsoever to get the Fighter's Pass. So it's only around 6 to 7 dollars per character(might slightly vary)/stage/song set. I forget how much the full Pass cost, but it was closer to 30 dollars or so.

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
You don't have to pay for Switch's Online whatsoever to get the Fighter's Pass. So it's only around 6 to 7 dollars per character(might slightly vary)/stage/song set. I forget how much the full Pass cost, but it was closer to 30 dollars or so.
Each character pack (5 packs in total) is $5.99, and the whole pass is $24.99. You save an extra $5 if you buy the whole pass.

Last edited:

Dan

Smash Lord
Freddi Fish: I didn't even think about this character until someone in RTC brought it up, and then I realized how stupid and horrible of an inclusion she would really be. This character is from a game of the same name that is rated eC: Early Childhood, by the ESRB. That says it all. Freddi Fish is a game designed for small children for the sake of educational purposes. I played this game when I was three years old, and never played it again after that. We don't need characters designed for three year olds in Smash.
I take offense to this post: I personally support Freddi Fish, and his thousands of supporters.

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
So uhhh can I just say that I'd be so freaking happy if I never had to see another Geno render in my life? Because the more I see people slapping the same two renders of him on clickbait thumbnails the more I want him to be outright deconfirmed so I never have to hear about him again. I wouldn't be upset if he got in, I just want people to latch onto different characters instead of spamming the same 4-5 names over and over again.

(Oh and btw, Shantae isn't the only female protagonist in gaming, please for the love of god talk about another woman)

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
I take offense to this post: I personally support Freddi Fish, and his thousands of supporters.
I’d be so down with Freddi Fish honestly. There really isn’t anybody I want in this game bad enough to lobby for anymore and Freddi Fish was a much bigger part of my gaming history than Geno or Bandana Dee. I honestly don’t care who gets in as long as it’s not nonsense like Spider-Man, James Bond, etc... (or Sonic characters because for some reason people love this series that really isn’t that good)

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
And now that I remember, I've grown quite weary of Geno and Banjo as of lately. Both because they also illustrate the quite unlikable purist mindset that plagues a big part of many communities, and because said people are ready to blame other characters (not just Erdrick and Steve) if they don't make it.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
And now that I remember, I've grown quite weary of Geno and Banjo as of lately. Both because they also illustrate the quite unlikable purist mindset that plagues a big part of many communities, and because said people are ready to blame other characters (not just Erdrick and Steve) if they don't make it.
As a huge Geno and Banjo fan... yeah, I kinda have to agree.

Fans of any characters shouldn't attack others for 'taking their spots', honestly. It's not just a problem in the Geno and Banjo fanbases, but those two have greater numbers of naysayers. I'm meh on Erdrick and have my personal dislike for Steve, but I'd be happy for their fans if they made it in. It's not hard to be decent and respectful human beings over what characters end up in a video game's roster, you know?

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
That’s the worst mindset. It’s not the character’s fault who did make it in that the character you wanted to make it in didn’t

Also why can’t people just view it as take it or leave it at this point? It’s not not like there’s any glaring hole on the roster. You might not even end up playing the character you’ve been asking for for so long anyway. The game is still amazing who cares if one or two niche characters that won’t effect anybody but the echo chambers they’re trapped in were left out? The game is still just as good and just as fun and you’re arbitrarily enjoying the game less by taking a ridiculous stance like “if Geno isn’t in the game I won’t like it as much” (spoiler: Geno isn’t getting in the game)

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
But there is. flip side. people rag on you for saying these chars have a shot.

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
West Chester Township, Butler County, Ohio
Each character pack (5 packs in total) is $5.99, and the whole pass is $24.99. You save an extra $5 if you buy the whole pass.
That add's up to 44 freaking dollars (If you also pay for the Swiches Online service)!

Is Nintendo that bat piss insane in terms of everyone paying money to afford nice things online (That's just as stupid and terrible as anything EA would do)?????

Made even worse by the fact that you have to keep paying them 20 dollars every month just to keep doing online stuff on the Switch (Raising one's Credit Card Bill Up 100 bucks or even 200 by the end of a year)!!

Also! For those who've seen my previous post that says Fedrick from Discount Fire Emblem (Dragon Quest) and Steve are going to be the game (Groans at that awful fact)!

Vergeben (The Gamefaqs Leaker) made it very clear that those two are going to be DLC (He was correct about all his other statements he made about Ultimate!

Last edited:

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
That add's up to 44 freaking dollars (If you also pay for the Swiches Online service)!

Is Nintendo that bat piss insane in terms of everyone paying money to afford nice things online (That's just as stupid and terrible as anything EA would do)?????

Made even worse by the fact that you have to keep paying them 20 dollars every month just to keep doing online stuff on the Switch (Raising one's Credit Card Bill Up 100 bucks or even 200 by the end of a year)!!

Also! For those who've seen my previous post that says Fedrick from Discount Fire Emblem (Dragon Quest) and Steve are going to be the game (Groans at that awful fact)!

Vergeben (The Gamefaqs Leaker) made it very clear that those two are going to be DLC (He was correct about all his other statements he made about Ultimate!
It’s $20 a year and not a month and that’s about standard for what you pay for DLC characters in fighting games. 100% reasonable

Last edited:

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979

Moron alert! It's $20 a year, not a month. Also Veggieben has been false in the past. After the datamine, he claimed there would be a Minecraft boss, which was proven false. Steve and "Fedrick" aren't confirmed. Stop spreading false information. Nintendo is also fairly reasonable with DLC and micro transactions unlike EA who has done the unthinkable. (P2W lootboxes, ass-backwards release date schedules, canceling games for the sake of money over quality, pay walls to advance, etc.)

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
lmao he's even screaming EA BAD and making up **** about online costs. Dude is a riot

Ovaltine

Smash Master
EA isn't even top five. Activision, Valve, Take-Two/Rockstar, CDPR and Riot Games are all so much worse.
>EA isn't even top five

... You sure you're talking about the same EA that we know and love to hate today? CDPR especially doesn't hold a candle to EA, the same EA that had a massive scandal over their Star Wars micro-transactions totaling to tens of thousands of dollars of garbage, if their predatory practices succeed at their best.

Yeah, I'd definitely say EA is in that top five for their extortion practices alone. Nintendo? Not even close. Switch Online has a lot of issues, sure, but its price is not one of them.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
>EA isn't even top five

... You sure you're talking about the same EA that we know and love to hate today? CDPR especially doesn't hold a candle to EA, the same EA that had a massive scandal over their Star Wars micro-transactions totaling to tens of thousands of dollars of garbage, if their predatory practices succeed at their best.

Yeah, I'd definitely say EA is in that top five for their extortion practices alone. Nintendo? Not even close. Switch Online has a lot of issues, sure, but its price is not one of them.
CDPR is absolutely horrible to their workers. Far worth than anything EA has done recently

Ovaltine

Smash Master
CDPR is absolutely horrible to their workers. Far worth than anything EA has done recently
See, that, I understand, but I think we're looking at different criteria. We're talking greed poised towards consumers, not worker treatment.

Joinallthreacs.smash

Smash Journeyman
Non video game characters (Cartoon, manga, TV show, etc.)
Sans
Steve
Characters from existing third parties in Smash
Any third party character other than Master Chief or de Blob
Advertisement fighters
Fighters that don't exist
Non-unique fighters

...and that should cover most of it that won't make someone salty.
false,

D

Deleted member

I'm fine with any character as long as they're at least somewhat significant and have a nice moveset. There's simply not really anyone I can say I outright *don't* want.

Jotun873

Smash Cadet
I dont want anyone that comes from a single (with no extra appearances) game 15+ years ago (geno, chrono as examples)

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I dont want anyone that comes from a single (with no extra appearances) game 15+ years ago (geno, chrono as examples)
Both had secondary appearances. Geno was a cameo in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, and Crono is in Chrono Cross.

So they're poor examples of what you mean. I get you want more recent characters, though.

Patwhit01

Smash Cadet
I really really really really really do NOT want Porky. He is the only character I actively do not want playable in the game. I don't care whether it's the Year of the Pig, Mother 3 doesn't need a second rep. The Mother series probably won't even get a new rep, ever, but if it did, adding Porky would be a stupid idea. There's three games in the series. It's a trilogy. Two games out of three in the trilogy have fighters. One doesn't. Why not add a character from the game not represented? Oh, because Ninten is just a Ness clone or some stupid ignorant statement from someone who's never played that game. Or Giygas has "no moveset potential" despite "moveset potential" being completely outdated as an argument for several years, even more so when Piranha Plant is in the game.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
Is there any specific reasoning for that? I'm curious because I think both Geno and Crono would be great additions to the series
Dead characters are just never going to come back as it’s clear their creators want nothing to do with them. This is a double edged sword explanation, as Hilda from the legend of Zelda is pretty much doomed to never return either, and that’s my second favorite character from that franchise (after the damn beast of a cartoon, toon link). It’s a shame, because many dead characters would’ve been pretty cool.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

There are many characters I'd rather not see but wouldn't be that big of a deal if they were in.

But one character in particular I cannot stand in the least, especially with how overrated she is and how obsessive and hypocritical the fanbase can be.

Lyn.
Her presence as a fighter, especially when we have a decent number of Fire Emblem sword units already, would be painful.

Pikmin-ism42

Smash Journeyman
I really really really really really do NOT want Porky. He is the only character I actively do not want playable in the game. I don't care whether it's the Year of the Pig, Mother 3 doesn't need a second rep. The Mother series probably won't even get a new rep, ever, but if it did, adding Porky would be a stupid idea. There's three games in the series. It's a trilogy. Two games out of three in the trilogy have fighters. One doesn't. Why not add a character from the game not represented? Oh, because Ninten is just a Ness clone or some stupid ignorant statement from someone who's never played that game. Or Giygas has "no moveset potential" despite "moveset potential" being completely outdated as an argument for several years, even more so when Piranha Plant is in the game.
I dunno about this. I can get pretty anal about series representation, but I don't think getting another EarthBound/MOTHER 3 rep over a MOTHER 1 would be blasphemy. I also personally feel like Porky brings more interesting moveset potential than Ninten, so there's that too.

Giygas would be interesting though. If we were to get a MOTHER 1 rep I'd favor that guy, it'd be fun seeing how the Smash team would represent his incomprehensible nature in a fighting game.

Last edited:

Patwhit01

Smash Cadet
I can get pretty anal about series representation, but I don't think getting another EarthBound/MOTHER 3 rep over a MOTHER 1 would be blasphemy.
How? That's utterly ridiculous. Usually I don't give much of a care about series representation, but a second Mother 3 character over a Mother 1 character is just a stupid idea. Mother 3 doesn't need special treatment, it already got its fighter. Mother 1 needs love too.

D

Deleted member

I will boycott Nintendo and smash if a fortnite character gets in

Pikmin-ism42

Smash Journeyman
How? That's utterly ridiculous. Usually I don't give much of a care about series representation, but a second Mother 3 character over a Mother 1 character is just a stupid idea. Mother 3 doesn't need special treatment, it already got its fighter. Mother 1 needs love too.
Well, technically Porky would be a second EarthBound rep, but that's getting into specifics so whatever.
But yeah, having a MOTHER 1 rep would be nice for completion's sake, but isn't absolutely mandatory. Plus, Porky's a pretty important character within the franchise, and can easily lend to a really unique 'n fun moveset so I don't see why his inclusion would be appalling to a MOTHER fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom