• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

characters you DON'T want in smash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
See I actually really like that Team Rocket idea. If they could pull something like that off, you'd hear no complaints from me. Cus that's cool unique, and everyone who knows Pokemon knows them. That just seems like a stretch using Giovanni/JesseJames at this point in time. They're not really as relevant in the games as they used to be.
Well, not every character was added due to game relevance. Jigglypuff and Lucario had anime influence as their key reason. Pikachu had both. And I don't even mean moveset-wise, which some took from the anime(Pikachu is pretty much all anime, Jigglypuff happened to work out that way due to being a Kirby semi-clone, Mewtwo was mostly focused on its abilities introduced there, and Lucario's Aura has nothing to do with the games. Charizard gets some influence too with some moves, but was a strong mix of designs. Just like PIikachu, anime and game popularity helped it a lot. Pichu possibly had its movie as part of why it got in, but so far being a clone is the only known reason. Though to be fair, being Gen II's mascot helped for why people would know who it is, as there's going to be some Pokemon that aren't as well known. Using more known ones is kind of logical at that point). I could go on, but the anime has influence in Pokemon too.

Giovanni has been kept anime relevant, as have Jessie & James. So having either JJ or Giovanni as the trainer makes sense. Since JJ are anime-created originals, I could see them not being there as a major part of the moveset, with Giovanni instead. They literally don't even have proper game counterparts, as they don't replace the Executives(who didn't exist yet), and they themselves are basically recreated in the games to give Pokemon Yellow some more storyline closer to the anime. Which seems to have influenced Red's team as well in later games, implying that Jessie & James are canon immigrants to the game storyline. And then Ash-Greninja came along, though this seems about as relevant to the storyline as the various distribution Pokemon, so not intentionally changing the game canon in this case. Even then, it wouldn't matter as they confirmed alternate universes some time back. Wouldn't even be strange to have a universe that had anime-only characters from the start, as most of the events happen, just somewhat changed up.

TobikoOfWind

Smash Rookie
Steve. I'm theoretically open to the idea if it doesn't clash with the style of Smash. The issue is, due to Minecraft's own style, I can't see how they could give him decent animations. Arms stuff could be soved with bendy-legs, but...how the hell would he jump?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Steve. I'm theoretically open to the idea if it doesn't clash with the style of Smash. The issue is, due to Minecraft's own style, I can't see how they could give him decent animations. Arms stuff could be soved with bendy-legs, but...how the hell would he jump?
Just like Mario. A simple jump that has a simple sprite animation. Or again, like Mr. Game & Watch, who does just that. It's still a 3D model in itself flattened, with intentionally janky sprite-like movement, which is easy for Steve to do.

Also, keep in mind it's mainly the in-game aesthetics of regular Minecraft that aren't cartoony enough to easily fit in. But that issue doesn't exist much since it's literally just recoloring him via the Game's own cover, which is far more colorful. Heh.

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
Now that Apex Legends is out I want Smash to have absolutely nothing to do with that game.

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
Is it really bad? I've never watched gameplay, but I know it's more popular than Fortnite at the moment.
I don’t actually have anything against the game itself (to an extent), but I do think EA shouldn’t get to be represented in the first place for so heavily encouraging loot crates and paying for power.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Here's who I don't want to have:
Isaac-Dead series
Rex & Pyra-too late
Arms Rep-OP with long reach
Waluigi -Fanbase ruined it
Geno-Too overequested
Doomslayer-Bit violent
Edirick-Another anime sword user
Lyold Irving-Same above
Sans-Would be so broken as bloody heck
Steve-Definitely would have a Tamed Wolf as a Minecraft rep

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
Isaac-Dead series
Rex & Pyra-too late
Geno-Too overequested
Doomslayer-Bit violent
Lyold Irving-Same above
Amazing. I agree with this whole list. Only thing, Isaac is the only character I would approve exceptionally.

Lionel_B

Smash Apprentice
Chrom, Lucina, Palutena, Greninja and Incineroar ! These 5 characters would put me in a depression... Oh sh...

Hard to really choose among those who remain...

Geno is a character I really don't want to see. But who knows? Maybe I will be surprised.

Like Ridley, I love Metroid Prime and Super Metroid, but I did not want Ridley, and in the end ... He's pretty good (although he was better at boss).

If you have a Rhythm Heaven character, I wish it wasn't Karate Joe, because I think we can do something more interesting with the Chorus Kid or Rhythm Girl.

Otherwise... A Skyward Sword character, because I do not like this part of Zelda... Same for Hilda.

A character from Dark Souls.

I want to tell you that I don't want Grookey (finally, its final evolution) from Pokémon SwSh, but since Sakurai wants to make sure I'm disgusted with Pokémon characters, that's probably going to happen.

Erdrick from Dragon Quest III... It's a wasted effort, but I'd rather be the Hero of Dragon Quest V (who's going to have a movie that looks pretty cool, whatever the Japanese fans say) or Dragon Quest XI (which will be coming soon on Switch).

I dont like the old rumor about Ninja Gaiden's hero.

And I don't want to see characters too implausible for a Smash Bros, like Goku or Master Chief.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Isaac-Dead series
Rex & Pyra-too late
Geno-Too overequested
Doomslayer-Bit violent
Lyold Irving-Same above
You're right, Lyold should not be a fighter in Smash.

Lloyd Irving, on the other hand, makes perfect sense to represent the vasly popular Tales series, and him as a concept is substantially far greater than the "same above anime sword fighter" you belittle them to be.

Just because it comes from Japan doesn't make it bad.

Edit: capitalization

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Only Bubsy (not counting Doomguy because that case is only related with a personal trauma and nothing else).

Bubsy would just be a stupid pick as DLC. Maybe if he was a base roster pick it could be excused as a joke addition... But I won’t pay money for that Bobcat in any form.

~?~

The Strangest Link Main
I don't want any more Mario characters. I don't want any more Fire Emblem characters, or Pokemon.
I would like those spots to be used to see more characters from Street Fighter or Megaman, Like M Bison or Zero. Could be used for other FF slots like Sepheroth or Tifa.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I didn’t want Isabelle but look where we are now.

Tbh the only inclusions that could be worse than her for me are Byleth from Three Houses, Doomguy, and Katalina from Granblue Fantasy, none of them should be in Smash.

Pikmin-ism42

Smash Journeyman
Okay but really though, I don't care much about these characters, but something bothers me about this.
Smash Bros., like pretty much every fighting game in existence, balances the roster to make sure the game is fair. Obviously, they've screwed up balancing in the past (looking at you, Brawl), but they've never intentionally designed a character to be OP, it doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Also, those two characters also aren't playable in Smash, so there's literally no way to tell if they'd be OP.

Geno-Too overequested
Same as the above characters, I'm really indifferent to Waluigi & Geno, but this reasoning is odd. Do you personally have any opinions on these characters, or are you solely judging them for their fanbases? If you decide that a character/video game/whatever has been "ruined" by the community, then chances are you never actually liked it from the beginning. Why let other people dictate your own individual opinions?

And what does "Too overequested" mean? Should we not have put in fan-requested characters like Ridley, K. Rool, Little Mac, etc, because "too many people wanted them in"? At that point it's just spite for the fans of the characters and not the character itself.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
User was warned for this post: double posting
Okay but really though, I don't care much about these characters, but something bothers me about this.
Smash Bros., like pretty much every fighting game in existence, balances the roster to make sure the game is fair. Obviously, they've screwed up balancing in the past (looking at you, Brawl), but they've never intentionally designed a character to be OP, it doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Also, those two characters also aren't playable in Smash, so there's literally no way to tell if they'd be OP.

Same as the above characters, I'm really indifferent to Waluigi & Geno, but this reasoning is odd. Do you personally have any opinions on these characters, or are you solely judging them for their fanbases? If you decide that a character/video game/whatever has been "ruined" by the community, then chances are you never actually liked it from the beginning. Why let other people dictate your own individual opinions?

And what does "Too overequested" mean? Should we not have put in fan-requested characters like Ridley, K. Rool, Little Mac, etc, because "too many people wanted them in"? At that point it's just spite for the fans of the characters and not the character itself.
Sorry for the misspelling

I don't want any more Mario characters. I don't want any more Fire Emblem characters, or Pokemon.
I would like those spots to be used to see more characters from Street Fighter or Megaman, Like M Bison or Zero. Could be used for other FF slots like Sepheroth or Tifa.
Same with me! I would go with Poochy and Bandana Dee as the 2nd & 4th Yoshi/Kirby reps

Ovaltine

Smash Master

Agreed. I may sound biased because I'm a fan of Geno, but this applies to ALL fan bases, from Waluigi's to Steve's to the freaking Tetris block, even. Judging a character, their merits, and what they represent should NEVER be because of the fan base, and if you hate someone because of characters they would like to see in Smash, god help you. It's a plague in the community to let some loud bad apples dictate everything about a character and, worst of all, people who want the character.

If you're not a fan of a character, fine. Dislike them. Hate them, even. That's great. You're a human with opinions. Nothing wrong with that. This reasoning, though, is something people should seriously reevaluate, especially when it gets to the point of making your character hate a personal problem that affects your perception of the people behind the passion. All fan bases will have some crappy people, some more than others, some louder than others, but that doesn't mean generalizing based on that is A-OK.

Ir0n Ch3f

Smash Rookie
I have never ever been on board with Crash or Banjo. They just seem so...eh. Imho there are way more exciting and fun characters who could be added.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
I wouldn't say there's any character I specifically don't want, as I feel every character has some sort of merit. That being said, I'm not huge on the idea of a Microsoft character at this point.

I never grew up with Banjo, so the idea of seeing him return to Nintendo isn't really something that does anything for me personally. Likewise, I'm not really seeing any major moveset potential that is really catching my eye. I just imagine him as another mid-weight, all-arounder like Mario or Pac-Man.

Likewise, I'm not really feeling Steve right now. While I did grow up with Minecraft and have invested more hours into it than I probably should have in my formative years, something about Steve in Smash feels... off. In theory, everything lines up well for him: he's got a ton of potential to be a fun character and Minecraft is arguably the biggest game of the past decade. However, it feels like there's some element that just makes him not work for me. I don't know if it's the stigma with Minecraft's fanbase or the general artstyle of the game being too iconic to ditch but too primitive to fit well in Smash, but something just isn't clicking for me.

If I had to have a Microsoft character, it would honestly be Master Chief, but he's a distant third at best.

D

Deleted member

When it comes to 3rd Party characters, Sega, Capcom, and Konami have 3 fighters in Smash currently, and I don't necessarily want anymore from them for a while. It's understandable that all 3 of those companies have a handful of popular characters that could translate well in Smash, but they have enough characters in Smash as is. This isn't some sort of rule that I want where a company is capped on how many characters they can put in Smash but more that Nintendo and Sakurai should let other companies like Level 5, Koei-Tecmo, SNK, or even Devolver Digital have 1 of their characters be a fighter in Smash before we get another character from 1 of the main 3.

The only company I don't want involved in Smash is Activision. To all of you that want Crash and Spyro, that's perfectly fine. I just don't like the idea of Activision having any possible pull on DLC and the next installment of Smash several years from now.

Last edited by a moderator:

CboyC95

Smash Apprentice
Well, mine would be Waluigi for one, and I wish I would never see that dang Piranha Plant in future series.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Steve, because Minecraft is fun, but it would not be represented properly as a charter, because you can't represent the building/creativity very well without him being to build walls and that would be OP. better as an Assist IMO.
Erdrick, because I don't care for Dragon Quest. I just prefer other RPG's. And also some many better options for a square repis
KAtalina From Granblue, because I don't want mobile games to much smash, especially not gahcha.

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
I've seen a leak that said that Velvet Crowe would be playable instead of Lloyd Irving as the "Tales" rep.
That's a big yamete for me, chief.

Aside from that, i'd be fine with any addition, really.
I got my cute doggo, my pink boy and the earthbound bros so i'm happy :>

Last edited:

Pikmin-ism42

Smash Journeyman
Steve, because Minecraft is fun, but it would not be represented properly as a charter, because you can't represent the building/creativity very well without him being to build walls and that would be OP.
Villager can plant a tree though. Plus, there are multiple ways to balance that, like I dunno, limit the number of blocks you can have out at a time, or make blocks easily destructible by everyone.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
More characters from Fire Emblem, Earthbound, or Kid Icarus.
I'm sure it's been said, but I happen to be one of them.
Even as a fan of the latter two series.

Actually, add Starfox to that.

I'm not a fan of Geno- I think the fandom has never made it make sense in a plausible way.

I'm gonna be a bit annoyed by a new Pokemon who isnt Meowth or Eevee, when it inevitably happens.
Unless it's Detective Pikachu- I would understand why they did that, fully.

A second Metal Gear character- unlikely, but absolutely not.

A rabbid over Rayman.

Honestly, more RPG characters in general. I'm tired of most of them- but Isaac and a new species for TOZ do hold something special to me. A new series at all would be fine to me.

Oh- and that character from Grand Blue something. That would rationally cause a 3 day scowl.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Just Goku...

So just because he's popular means he should get in despite Sakurai stating video game characters only?

Whelp may as well throw Batman into Smash too while were at it.

I don't understand why Goku should be an sole exception.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Villager can plant a tree though. Plus, there are multiple ways to balance that, like I dunno, limit the number of blocks you can have out at a time, or make blocks easily destructible by everyone.
I just think Minecraft would be better represented as a stage and assist trophy. It would make it so you could incorporate all of the elements of Minecraft without having to balance it and make it not really Minecraft

SKX31

Smash Master
Just Goku...

So just because he's popular means he should get in despite Sakurai stating video game characters only?

Whelp may as well throw Batman into Smash too while were at it.

I don't understand why Goku should be an sole exception.
As far as manga characters are concerned, Sakurai's reason was this:

"While we can accept characters from other companies, we cannot, under any circumstances, take in anything and everything under the sky. That’s because (Super Smash Bros.) is a game that requires everyone’s cooperation."
Aka. Goku would be a licensing nightmare, and manga / anime is a legal / licensing minefield (Gon in Tekken 3 is a great example, he never returned for any future Tekken games). Dragon Ball Z Abridged's disclaimer sums this up really nicely:

"The Following is a fan-based PARODY.
DragonBall, DragonBall Z, DragonBall GT, and DragonBall Super are all owned by Funimation, Toei Animation, Shueisha, and Akira Toriyama.
Please support the official release."
That's 4 different owners to get through, just to get one character for one game. And Funimation's not Japanese at that, which means having to have translators on hand.

A lot of other non-video game characters are also legal nightmares / minefields (James Bond's another great example - Sakurai rejected him partly because that would require getting the rights to Brosnan's likeness), but there could be exceptions to the rule. What I'm saying is, it shouldn't be that big of a chance / risk, but Sakurai may not view that area as "video game characters only".

As far as characters I don't want? My ire's instead on more one dimensional trollish characters. If a character has 17ish attacks, not every one of them should be designed for the exact same thing, nor just to rile up and annoy the living crud out of opponents (yeah, super high / low tiers border on this, but they can change from game to game - I don't think there's a character who's fundamentally broken in this manner). Yeah, pretty much against stuff like Fortnite reps (for now, if it's still around and has expanded its moveset potential 5ish years from now I'll be more open to it) and troll characters like Teemo and Techies (from the MOBAs LoL and Dota 2 respectively).

Last edited:

Pikmin-ism42

Smash Journeyman
I just think Minecraft would be better represented as a stage and assist trophy. It would make it so you could incorporate all of the elements of Minecraft without having to balance it and make it not really Minecraft
If they can balance Ridley, shrink him down, and not let him fly infinitely, yet still make him undoubtedly feel like Ridley, they sure as hell should be able to incorporate a good number of elements of Minecraft into a playable character, balance it, and make it feel like Mineycrafta.

Last edited:

Deleted User

Smash Rookie
Well, non-videogame characters and real people are obviously out of the question, but as for the characters I don't want in Smash that are from video games, there are a few:

· Fortnite guy - Shouldn't even have to explain this one.

· Freddy Fazbear (FNAF) - Doesn't have any chance of getting in, but regardless, it's best for Nintendo to just steer clear of all things FNAF. You know, just to be safe.

· Sora - If he were simply a regular Square Enix character or an FF protag, then I'd be more than willing to have Sora join Smash, but he has ties to Disney, which is a huge dealbreaker. Taking Disney into account, Sora getting in would definitely bring about irreversable ramifications that would ruin Smash forever. He would bridge the gap between videogame characters and non-videogame characters and the floodgates would swing wide open. Soon enough, the prospects of Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Goofy, and Wreck-It Ralph joining Smash would no longer be impossible, and eventually this would extend to other Disney-owned characters such as the Marvel superheroes/villians and Star Wars characters, then even non-Disney characters like the DC superheroes/villians, Shrek, Spongebob, and Goku. NO ONE should ever want something like this to happen to a game like Smash, but with Sora being a real possibility to make the roster, this will most likely be the consequence his addition will bring. So allow me to issue a warning for those who want Sora in Smash: BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR.

· Pepsiman - He's a character based off a corporate product for crying out loud.

· Sans - Any other Undertale character would be fine, just not him.

· Anyone from a mobile game - Another one that doesn't need an explanation.

· Steve (Minecraft) - As popular and iconic as Minecraft may be, the game has contributed an awful lot to cancer/cringe meme culture, which is best kept out of Smash. And it wouldn't look right if one were to place Steve next to any other character in the roster.

· Super Meat Boy - Wouldn't make any sense whatsoever and would be a very underwhelming pick.

· Tracer - Overwatch is all but dead thanks to Blizzard's questionable decisions in recent months, and Nintendo should avoid working with such companies.
[side note: regardless of Blizzard's standing as a company, the "Maybe I'll be Tracer" meme is enough a reason for me to not want Tracer in Smash. Also, Overwatch isn't even on the Switch to begin with!]

· Waluigi - He might be a fan-favorite among Nintendo fans, but simply being a popular videogame character owned by Nintendo is not enough to warrant a spot in Smash. Another thing, Waluigi doesn't have his own game and has only appeared in spin-off franchises like Mario Party, Mario Kart, or any of the Mario sports games, so he doesn't have much credible moveset potential. Lastly, people only want him in for the memes.

· The Chorus Kids - This is a very unpopular opinion, but just because something's a Nintendo franchise doesn't mean it should have a rep in Smash, which should be the case for franchises such as Rhythm Heaven, where the Chrous Kids are from. They might make for a good assist trophy at least.

· The Rabbids - Assist trophy/stage hazard level at the highest. Also they're absolutely hideous.

· Spring Man (Arms) - Despite Arms selling over 2 million copies roughly a year after its release (which made it one of the best-selling titles on the Switch at the time), it proved to be a major flop in terms of maintaining its player base, which has drastically dropped in such a short amount of time and failed to live up to the success of some of Nintendo's other more recent IPs like Splatoon and Xenoblade. Also, having Spring Man in Smash as a playable character would just show a lack of ambition on Nintendo's part, as he's assist-trophy material at best. Not good enough to be a fighter despite being from a fighting game.

· Agumon - He would just be a lame addition to Smash imo. Not much else to say besides that.

· Jibanyan - See Agumon above.

· Scorpion/Sub-Zero - I am well aware of the legacy and impact Mortal Kombat has had on the gaming industry: it was one of the reasons the ESRB came into existence. Also, Nintendo has shown that it has no problem incorporating characters from M-rated franchises, as we can see with Snake from Metal Gear, Bayonetta, and now Joker from Persona. But MK is not just any M-rated franchise, it is *THE* M-rated franchise. It is notorious for its overly violent, gory content, and would be very difficult to tone down in order to make Scorpion/Sub-Zero suitable for Smash without losing their character, and I would think many MK fans would view that as a disservice to not only the characters, but to Mortal Kombat itself. Besides, with Nintendo of America heavily promoting MK11 on their Twitter in recent weeks, wouldn't you think a MK rep getting in as Smash dlc would be a little too obvious?

· Geno - A side character who only appeared in one game that was released almost a quarter of a century ago and was never seen again (minus a cameo appearance in Superstar Saga), but if he were somehow revived from the videogame graveyard and a remake/sequel of Mario RPG were made or if Geno were to get his own game, then maybe I could reconsider. But for now, he's merely assist-trophy material.

· Heavy (Team Fortress 2) - I don't have anything against the character or the game he's from, I just don't think he would make any sense to have in Smash.

· Roblox guy - He'd be a very nonsensical pick, but it's not like has has any real chance of making the roster anyway, so he isn't much of a threat.

· Any MOBA character (i.e. League of Legends, DoTA, Heroes of the Storm, etc.) - They just have no business being in Smash.

UserKev

Smash Champion
Well, non-videogame characters and real people are obviously out of the question, but as for the characters I don't want in Smash that are from video games, there are a few:

· Fortnite guy - Shouldn't even have to explain this one.

· Freddy Fazbear (FNAF) - Doesn't have any chance of getting in, but regardless, it's best for Nintendo to just steer clear of all things FNAF. You know, just to be safe.

· Sora - If he were simply a regular Square Enix character or an FF protag, then I'd be more than willing to have Sora join Smash, but he has ties to Disney, which is a huge dealbreaker. Taking Disney into account, Sora getting in would definitely bring about irreversable ramifications that would ruin Smash forever. He would bridge the gap between videogame characters and non-videogame characters and the floodgates would swing wide open. Soon enough, the prospects of Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Goofy, and Wreck-It Ralph joining Smash would no longer be impossible, and eventually this would extend to other Disney-owned characters such as the Marvel superheroes/villians and Star Wars characters, then even non-Disney characters like the DC superheroes/villians, Shrek, Spongebob, and Goku. NO ONE should ever want something like this to happen to a game like Smash, but with Sora being a real possibility to make the roster, this will most likely be the consequence his addition will bring. So allow me to issue a warning for those who want Sora in Smash: BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR.

· Pepsiman - He's a character based off a corporate product for crying out loud.

· Sans - Any other Undertale character would be fine, just not him.

· Anyone from a mobile game - Another one that doesn't need an explanation.

· Steve (Minecraft) - As popular and iconic as Minecraft may be, the game has contributed an awful lot to cancer/cringe meme culture, which is best kept out of Smash. And it wouldn't look right if one were to place Steve next to any other character in the roster.

· Super Meat Boy - Wouldn't make any sense whatsoever and would be a very underwhelming pick.

· Tracer - Overwatch is all but dead thanks to Blizzard's questionable decisions in recent months, and Nintendo should avoid working with such companies.
[side note: regardless of Blizzard's standing as a company, the "Maybe I'll be Tracer" meme is enough a reason for me to not want Tracer in Smash. Also, Overwatch isn't even on the Switch to begin with!]

· Waluigi - He might be a fan-favorite among Nintendo fans, but simply being a popular videogame character owned by Nintendo is not enough to warrant a spot in Smash. Another thing, Waluigi doesn't have his own game and has only appeared in spin-off franchises like Mario Party, Mario Kart, or any of the Mario sports games, so he doesn't have much credible moveset potential. Lastly, people only want him in for the memes.

· The Chorus Kids - This is a very unpopular opinion, but just because something's a Nintendo franchise doesn't mean it should have a rep in Smash, which should be the case for franchises such as Rhythm Heaven, where the Chrous Kids are from. They might make for a good assist trophy at least.

· The Rabbids - Assist trophy/stage hazard level at the highest. Also they're absolutely hideous.

· Spring Man (Arms) - Despite Arms selling over 2 million copies roughly a year after its release (which made it one of the best-selling titles on the Switch at the time), it proved to be a major flop in terms of maintaining its player base, which has drastically dropped in such a short amount of time and failed to live up to the success of some of Nintendo's other more recent IPs like Splatoon and Xenoblade. Also, having Spring Man in Smash as a playable character would just show a lack of ambition on Nintendo's part, as he's assist-trophy material at best. Not good enough to be a fighter despite being from a fighting game.

· Agumon - He would just be a lame addition to Smash imo. Not much else to say besides that.

· Jibanyan - See Agumon above.

· Scorpion/Sub-Zero - I am well aware of the legacy and impact Mortal Kombat has had on the gaming industry: it was one of the reasons the ESRB came into existence. Also, Nintendo has shown that it has no problem incorporating characters from M-rated franchises, as we can see with Snake from Metal Gear, Bayonetta, and now Joker from Persona. But MK is not just any M-rated franchise, it is *THE* M-rated franchise. It is notorious for its overly violent, gory content, and would be very difficult to tone down in order to make Scorpion/Sub-Zero suitable for Smash without losing their character, and I would think many MK fans would view that as a disservice to not only the characters, but to Mortal Kombat itself. Besides, with Nintendo of America heavily promoting MK11 on their Twitter in recent weeks, wouldn't you think a MK rep getting in as Smash dlc would be a little too obvious?

· Geno - A side character who only appeared in one game that was released almost a quarter of a century ago and was never seen again (minus a cameo appearance in Superstar Saga), but if he were somehow revived from the videogame graveyard and a remake/sequel of Mario RPG were made or if Geno were to get his own game, then maybe I could reconsider. But for now, he's merely assist-trophy material.

· Heavy (Team Fortress 2) - I don't have anything against the character or the game he's from, I just don't think he would make any sense to have in Smash.

· Roblox guy - He'd be a very nonsensical pick, but it's not like has has any real chance of making the roster anyway, so he isn't much of a threat.

· Any MOBA character (i.e. League of Legends, DoTA, Heroes of the Storm, etc.) - They just have no business being in Smash.
Very quality written, I agree with almost you're whole opinion. Scorpion can easily be toned done in Smash tho. Fatalities in Smash would be completely irrelevant, no one would notice unless its a Mortal Kombat game.

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
· Steve (Minecraft) - As popular and iconic as Minecraft may be, the game has contributed an awful lot to cancer/cringe meme culture, which is best kept out of Smash.
Not even defending Steve here or anything, but you say this like the Smash Bros fanbase isn't a melting pot of cringe and cancer. Most of the people at Smash tournies have such rancid body odor that nobody could smell a dead rotting crab at this year's Pound lol.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Well, I still stand by my post from months ago about not wanting Rex/Pyra, Banjo and Kazooie and Geno. But by now, I don't want any more third-party characters. The only ones that I would like (Amaterasu, Phoenix Wright and a Bravely Default character) are too obscure to have any realistic chance. And the big names that are commonly thrown around are just genuinely uninteresting to me. If the Fighter's Pass is going to be third-parties only, then I'll not buy it. Joker Frompersonafive already feels to me like the worst third-party inclusion in the game, and I dread the idea of having four more like that.

Last edited:

[Maple]

Smash Journeyman
Of course no character from anime, movies, manga or real person. So no Reggie, Goku, Shrek, Spongebob, etc. Now for video game characters...

Geno

I don't hate Geno and I would not be mad if he ends up getting in, but imo Square has much better possible fighters than one shot sidekick character. A Dragon Quest rep, Bravely Default rep, Chrono or Lara Croft are much cooler imo. Plus Paper Mario is better to represent the RPG Mario games.

Reimu or other Touhou characters

Touhou are fun games, huge in Japan but I can't stand these lolis and other *****. This is bad taste imo.

Fire Emblem

We already have enough of them. But if we do end up getting a FE Rep, please Sora Ltd do not make an another Marth Echo/Roy Echo.

Scorpion

Mortal Kombat is ridiculous imo. The animations, the gore...This is stuff for edgy kids and teenagers. I will get a lot of hate for this, but I am ready.

Sans

I don't hate Sans, but I would take Quote (Cave Story), The Knight (Hollow Knight) or Hornet (Hollow Knight) instead as an indie rep.

These are the big names and popular request I can think of right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom