• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

characters you DON'T want in smash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oddball

Smash Lord
Ninten seems like a character people suggest not based on his own merits, but just because the other two games in the series have a main character.

The original Mother game really wasn't that good, and Ninten as a character his nothing going for him that Ness doesn't already have, including his look.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Ninten seems like a character people suggest not based on his own merits, but just because the other two games in the series have a main character.

The original Mother game really wasn't that good, and Ninten as a character his nothing going for him that Ness doesn't already have, including his look.
I admit he'd be fun if they make him a bit more unique and used the various weapons/stuff from Mother 1 and uses his commercial look. But as an Echo, he'd be really difficult to tell apart(to the point Dark Pit is more uniquely designed, oddly enough).

But yeah, I don't like the idea of "cause we need a Mother 1 guy" in itself. It feels less of caring about the merits of the character, and solely just for the sake of it. As long as Mother 1 has content in Smash, it's good.

A-money2121

Smash Journeyman
It's funny seeing people name characters like Baldi, Robloxian, FNAF, Bubsy, Jynx, etc. As if there's even a remote chance.

Like, Reckless Safety Notice Man from the Nintendo Wii has a higher probability and more potential of making it into the roster before those guys...

Edit:
I figured I better put this out there before some individual scrolling through this forum sees this post and gets offended. Yes, I agree, such characters would be ridiculously stupid (imo), but I guess if I were to be making my choices, I'd at least choose characters that seemingly have a shred of chance of making it in.

Characters like the Fortnite avatar - although I still believe VERY unlikely - I can see reasoning behind, being that it's an increasingly popular game and has its own port on the Switch. Steve from Minecraft is understandable, as Nintendo has been all buddy-buddy with Microsoft these past few years, and just simply seeing the treatment the game has been getting on Nintendo platforms - it's also worth bringing up the Vergeben leaks, which I'm sure was what primarily ignited this entire "Steve being in Smash" dilemma. But characters like Baldi or Robloxian? C'mon now --- Those can't possibly be apart of the equation. I don't even think Nintendo knows what a Baldi is.... (I don't even know what a Baldi is, who tf designed that weird ass crap???)

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It's funny seeing people name characters like Baldi, Robloxian, FNAF, Bubsy, Jynx, etc. As if there's even a remote chance.

Like, Reckless Safety Notice Man from the Nintendo Wii has a higher probability and more potential of making it into the roster before those guys...

Edit:
I figured I better put this out there before some individual scrolling through this forum sees this post and gets offended. Yes, I agree, such characters would be ridiculously stupid (imo), but I guess if I were to be making my choices, I'd at least choose characters that seemingly have a shred of chance of making it in.

Characters like the Fortnite avatar - although I still believe VERY unlikely - I can see reasoning behind, being that it's an increasingly popular game and has its own port on the Switch. Steve from Minecraft is understandable, as Nintendo has been all buddy-buddy with Microsoft these past few years, and just simply seeing the treatment the game has been getting on Nintendo platforms - it's also worth bringing up the Vergeben leaks, which I'm sure was what primarily ignited this entire "Steve being in Smash" dilemma. But characters like Baldi or Robloxian? C'mon now --- Those can't possibly be apart of the equation. I don't even think Nintendo knows what a Baldi is.... (I don't even know what a Baldi is, who tf designed that weird *** crap???)
To correct something; Vergeben didn't ignite anything about Minecraft. Steve was already a popular choice during Smash 4 speculation. He got more mainstream as a choice once Verge spoke up, but he was already notable on its own. Leaks helped, but didn't start it. Also, dilemma makes it sound like it's some kind of issue. It's not. Popular speculated characters are never an issue in itself. The issue comes from those who act inappropriate and trollish, and unfortunately, that's with every fanbase. Okay, maybe a few obscure games don't have to worry about it at best, but any decently popular character will get the bad eggs to show up too.

A-money2121

Smash Journeyman
To correct something; Vergeben didn't ignite anything about Minecraft. Steve was already a popular choice during Smash 4 speculation. He got more mainstream as a choice once Verge spoke up, but he was already notable on its own. Leaks helped, but didn't start it. Also, dilemma makes it sound like it's some kind of issue. It's not. Popular speculated characters are never an issue in itself. The issue comes from those who act inappropriate and trollish, and unfortunately, that's with every fanbase. Okay, maybe a few obscure games don't have to worry about it at best, but any decently popular character will get the bad eggs to show up too.
Alright, perhaps I chose my words poorly. I suppose by dilemma I meant to imply the separation the Smash fanbase has regarding a Steve inclusion. Of course every newcomer is going to generate split opinion within the community, but as you say, I often see more or less inappropriate standpoints to those who disagree of his inclusion. I'm not saying all who oppose Steve are like this - a lot of people who don't want him in Smash pose respectable arguments - but more often then not, I see others handle it inappropriately, whom criticize the character and the people who respectfully would like to see him in the game. I see it in places other than Smashboards - primarily any other site where the Smash fanbase can state their opinions. But I didn't mean to imply the character itself as a "dilemma". I'm sorry to come across like that.

Last edited:

~?~

The Strangest Link Main
User was warned for this post; flame bait
Too late but that omega weeb character Joker.

D

Deleted member

I would despise the idea of paying 6€ just for someone like Bubsy.

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
User was warned for this post; flame bait
I'd have to Say Reimu, never cared for Touhou and her character attracts alot of people with.. lets shall we say "undesirable traits".

( weebs Begone!)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
For the record, weeb comments are very clearly attacks on fanbases of those who like Japanese-related characters. Don't do this. Show respect to others. If you need to attack the fanbases, then you aren't giving legitimate criticism. Remember, the issue should be with the character, not the fanbase alone. If you simply don't like the fanbase, you can still note this in a respectful manner without using derogatory terms. It's as simple as "I can't honestly stand the fanbase, so the character doesn't interest me" or in similar words. This isn't an attack on anyone, nor disrespectful.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
This thread does not follow the Global Forum rules nor has any rules of its own. Thus, it will be locked to prevent more issues.

You may contact a Forum Moderator of the Smash Ultimate Newcomer Section if you wish to remake the thread(with proper rules). It will have to be fully approved by one of us or an Administrator, respectively. There's been too much drama, trolling, and flaming within this thread to allow it any longer. While it's true it has had some good discussion, it lacks any real restraint in many cases and that's no good. Apologies for anyone who feels the need to post, but feel free to give your opinions to Forum Support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom