• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

characters that should have made it to SSBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
So maybe in an upcoming Super Smash Bros. game they can have the Balance Board?

A character that I would really like to see is Koopa or maybe Paratroopa. They're in Mario Kart so why not Smash Bros.? It'd be cool to have some sort of enemy for Samus too, like Ridley or Dark Samus. Dark Samus would simply be a sort of clone to Samus. Maybe even some Kritters from Donkey Kong would be cool.

Reno>

Smash Journeyman
Special Operations FOXHOUND... whosh woosh woosh wiosh woo whik whoosh whik whilk
Revolver... whosh woosh woosh wiosh woo whik whoosh whik whilk
Ocelot!

SmashMan_026

Smash Apprentice
i dont understand why everyone wants Geno, he's stupid-looking
BEGONE NON BELIEVER.

have you played SMRPG? Genos moves are among the most powerful in the game, and im sure sakurais developers could make a newer model for him, looks have nothing to do with characters. MK looks like a blob with a mask and a sword, because thats what he is, and hes still badass.

Falcoboot

Smash Rookie
Haha anybody missing mewtwo yet? I also agree with blaziken rather than lucario. What's special about him again?

KingOfIronFist

Smash Rookie
I would have loved to see these chars in brawl:

Dante: sword/gun combo = STYLISH!

Pacman: the granddaddy of classic games, nuff said.

KOS-MOS: Hot android>>>>>>>ROB

(Yes, I am a namco and capcom fan ^^)

Charizard92

Smash Champion
On your list:

Dante: you can dream...
Pac-man: Considering he was borrowed for the arcade Mario Kart, possibly practical
KOS-MOS:who?

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
BEGONE NON BELIEVER.

have you played SMRPG? Genos moves are among the most powerful in the game, and im sure sakurais developers could make a newer model for him, looks have nothing to do with characters. MK looks like a blob with a mask and a sword, because thats what he is, and hes still badass.
metaknight isn't and never was stupid looking. geno is. i'm sure they could update his look, but based on his previous look I'm not ineterested in him at all..

looks are a huge part of what makes characters appealing.

would you play a character who was a big black square on the screen, and that's it? no, not even if he was the strongest character ever.

fujbubccc

Smash Apprentice
would you play a character who was a big black square on the screen, and that's it? no, not even if he was the strongest character ever.
What about G&W? He is about as close to that as you can get to that while remaining a biped, and he not only is stellar but is widely played.

SmashMan_026

Smash Apprentice
metaknight isn't and never was stupid looking. geno is. i'm sure they could update his look, but based on his previous look I'm not ineterested in him at all..

looks are a huge part of what makes characters appealing.

i probly would, but only with my friends, just to be funny. i see your point though =P

IShotLazer

Smash Journeyman
I really thought Andy from advanced wars or Isaac from Golden Sun might make it in. Phoenix Wright maybe... Either way I found it very prevelant that there was little to no Handheld representation even though the DS has a ton of sales. I was a little surprised Krystal wasn't in as well, no biggie of course.

D

Deleted member

A: ROB was an accessory to the NES (like the Wii balance board) and actually helped stop the video game crash. What happened was that ROB was listed as a "robot toy" and the NES system was included, so people bought ROB and the NES and got into the games. what's even more, this meant people can get home console games aswell.
I know what R.O.B. is but why is he in this? Does this mean that the Wii Balance Board and Wii Zapper are going to be the newest Smash characters? And no matter how "popular" he supposedly was i always think of him as a worthless hunk of plastic. High School Musical is really popular but does that mean it's really high quality?

Charizard92

Smash Champion
I know what R.O.B. is but why is he in this? Does this mean that the Wii Balance Board and Wii Zapper are going to be the newest Smash characters? And no matter how "popular" he supposedly was i always think of him as a worthless hunk of plastic. High School Musical is really popular but does that mean it's really high quality?
He was an important part of Nintendo history, and video game history in general. ROB is supposed to be a robot, the balance board and Wii zapper are supposed to be items. OK you can think of it as a cheap piece of plastic, after all, all robot toys are plastic.

Swordsrule

Smash Rookie
Those who should have been in:

Issac: they already obviously had the character image for him as an AT, why not mix it up with a great moveset....popular character who has been in recently popular games.

Ray MKI: Custom Robo has been on the rise as well, with old games up to GC and DS games. They could have just sized him up to about link's size and gone from there.

Lil' Mac: Cmon...hes way more iconic than Ice Climbers when it comes to Nintendo. And a boxer = fighter, mountain climbers =/= fighters....

Saki: Sure he's from a game long past....but Sakurai went so far as to mock us on Dojo saying: "H-he has absolutely no problem fitting in!" Would have been a nice mix between short and long range.

Sylux: C'mon we all know that Ridley is too large to be a character, but sylux is the rival hunter to Samus. Moveset would have been unique from Samus, but similar in how wolf's is unique from Fox.

and....

Megaman (.exe version): Think about it, Sakurai was offering to put in up to 3 3rd party characters for Brawl. He is the icon of Capcom, has made NUMEROUS games for the GBA and nintendo most of which were big successes. Battle chips could have been tweeked to being his different moves, from tilts, to smashes, to specials. They could have even gone so far as to include his elemental costumes as his alt costumes....one for each color.

iMeeHow

Smash Journeyman
Although its been mentioned i defintly think megaman should be in
there are 2 choices with megaman tho
1)Classic version with a nice blaster and such
2) Megaman exe(Nt Warrior) With a sword
both would be great but i dont think Megaman exe would be in because he is originally from an anime but he looks ****in sick so you never know :p

snowaxe

Smash Apprentice
Jeff,Paula,Poo,Masked Men, Pokey, Flint, Ninten, a starman if some sort.

Also, crono, infernape, mega man, black shadow, and samurai goroh.

Swordsrule

Smash Rookie
both would be great but i dont think Megaman exe would be in because he is originally from an anime but he looks ****in sick so you never know :p
Actually, megaman.exe started in video games (megaman battlenetwork)....the anime came after. Also, all of the Battlenetwork series were on nintendo platforms and published by Capcom (nintendo's three good 3rd parties: Konami (snake)/Sega (sonic)/Capcom (megaman)). The games range from GBA to GC to DS. So he would actually be equally fitting in either classic or .exe form.

And with respect to the comment: "okay with all the bad Megaman games that have come out I am glad he did'nt make it"

I'm not sure which games you're talking about, but IMO, the first four Battlenetwork games were great spinoffs of the classic megaman games. It was the "starforce" ones that totally ruined it... :dizzy:

Guilhe

Smash Ace
My sugestion

Out:
Snake
He hasn't contributed to Nintendo in a way that would make he deserve a place as a Smasher. His implementation had as only purpose attract his fans to buy the game. Even so he was implemented poorly, resulting in the broken character that he is now;

Olimar
This guy barely fights, the Pikmin do all the dirty job for him! I played Pikmin and could never expect the fragile little Olimar would have been made a fighter.

In:

Roy
If he was to make it trough, he could have been a nice semiclone from Marth. He sure is going to be missed.

Characters from Golden Sun
Goulden Sun is a very famous game with a solid fanbase, the various techniques and spells from the game could have been implemented easely, Issac, Felix and Garet all have potencial for being smashers. The reasons why Nintendo only came up with a Issac assistant trophy are still a Mystery;

Megaman
This one has great potential as well.I would prefer the implemention of the Megaman from "Megaman 64" (know as well as Megaman Legends for PS1) as the appearence in SSBB could icentive Capcom to release a sequence for the classic;

Soma Cruz
I believe Soma was the only character to take the main hole in two Castlevanias on a row, and both great hits for Nintendo portable consoles. His insane moveset could give many options for his character design in Brawl;

Banjo-Kazooie
Nothing whould better reresent the service this couple have made for the the owners of N64. Sadly, Microsoft whould never alow it. You know, it's just business;

Mii
This character would surely make a great addition. Fully customizable, every Mii fighter would be unique.

I really hope Nintendo will someday start adding downloadable content for their games, so maybe SSBB is going to see some new faces in the future.

D

Deleted member

Out:
R.O.B
I still don't get what's the deal with this guy. So many other characters fans where expecting for this Smash and Nintendo come up with this. Sure, he made a nice Subspace Emissary character, but he is not as nearly atractive as a playable fighter.

Olimar
This guy barely fights, the Pikmin do all the dirty job for him! I played Pikmin and could never expect the fragile little Olimar would have been made a fighter.

In:

Roy
If he was to make it trough, he could have been a nice semiclone from Marth. He sure is going to be missed.

Characters from Golden Sun
Goulden Sun is a very famous game with a solid fanbase, the various techniques and spells from the game could have been implemented easely, Issac, Felix and Garet all have potencial for being smashers. The reasons why Nintendo only came up with a Issac assistant trophy are still a Mystery;

Baby Mario and Baby Luigi
The two would be a nice alternative for smaller and faster Ice Climbers; Of course, they should have their own move set and no baby should have been sacrificed for the recovery of the other. But I can imagine why Nintendo hasn't implemented them, babies flying around and engaging in mortal combats could damage the image of the game;

Megaman
This one has great potential as well.I would prefer the implemention of the Megaman from "Megaman 64" (know as well as Megaman Legends for PS1) as the appearence in SSBB could icentive Capcom to release a sequence for the classic;

Leon S. Kennedy
Surely Nintendo would have to come up with a moveset for him, but i would have been worth the trouble since his I very famous among the GC and Wii players (I would love using his tornado kick!);

Soma Cruz
I believe Soma was the only character to take the main hole in two Castlevanias on a row, and both great hits for Nintendo portable consoles. His insane moveset could give many options for his character design in Brawl;

Banjo-Kazooie
Nothing whould better reresent the service this couple have made for the the owners of N64. Sadly, Microsoft whould never alow it. You know, it's just business;

Mii
This character would surely make a great addition. Fully customizable, every Mii fighter would be unique.

I really hope Nintendo will someday start adding downloadable content for their games, so maybe SSBB is going to see some new faces in the future.
Finally, this guy has exactly the same views as i do! I was in need of a fellow R.O.B. basher! Just add Simon Belmont to that list there and this dude's got a great list. GO ROY!

Signed, the Anti-Obama Association (Confederacy)

Neb

Smash Lord
Adding a customizable Mii character doesn't sound half bad, since they box, on Wii sports, lol.
I dunno what their moveset would consist of, but it seems possible.

For his/her b move, maybe something like a Jigglypuff Rollout, but with a bowling ball.
His/her projectile could be them serving a tennis ball?
I dunno, :/.

Rex+

Smash Ace
Out:
R.O.B: NOBODY saw him coming. Hell, I don't even remember SWF bringing him up as a playable character. Most people don't even like his inclusion (including me), so this was a mistake, in my opinion.

In:
Geno: I was neutral towards him when I first learned of people supporting him, then it grew on me and I really wanted him in. It's a shame he couldn't get in. But, you know, Square...
Mega Man X: I would have been happy if Classic got in, but X had a special place for my SNES, and he earned my support from the start. He was cooler, admit it.

D

Deleted member

What's all the Geno love about? He was in one friggin game!

_Tiamat_

Smash Apprentice
Ridley=impractical size, he is much bigger than Samus, and to keep scale, Ridley will have to stay awfully big
Why does this argument always come back? Sakurai and whoever make Smash Bros obviously don't give a **** about resizing to include whoever they want.

Pikachu is 1 feet high while Charizard is around 6, again, Olimar is the size of a quarter while Bowser apeared to be around 6 times as big as Mario in his first 3D model. And what about ROB lol

The size thing is BS, people who don't want Ridley in should find a real reason, he isn't much bigger than Samus than Bowser is bigger than Mario, or Charizard bigger than Pikachu. Why does it suddenly become WHOMG RIDLEY CAN'T BE IN LOOK AT HIS SIZE when it's about him while these haters ignore the resizing existing characters already got?

Guilhe

Smash Ace
Just the whip?

great suggestion. as long as he has the whip. thats all i ask =P
I remember that in the game you could change between two movesets on the fly, so in Brawl he could have a Down B transformation thats changes his fighting stile and weapons. He could use the whip and a axe, have holy and dark thechniques... Why? Why he isn't in Brawl?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom