• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Vs Character- Which Character Will Dominate? (All new Signups! READ THE OP)

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
Don't worry. He's just away for a week.

I'll do some major updating now.

*Here's a note. I'm suddenly leaving town tomorrow for a week. Where I'm going has limited wifi, so I will definitely not be on as much or maybe not even at all. People can continue posting sign-ups and I get this together and quickly started the day I get back....finally. That should be next Thursday, so get ready to start around next Friday or Saturday.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
I'm a little confused on the date of when this actually starts, i don't really see a date when it begins just when sign ups end. Also i just found out i got a funeral thing to go to and its going to have me off island thursday morning till monday the 12th.

milistisia2

Smash Apprentice
I'm a little confused on the date of when this actually starts, i don't really see a date when it begins just when sign ups end. Also i just found out i got a funeral thing to go to and its going to have me off island thursday morning till monday the 12th.
as long as you posted a signup he should add you, and i think that being gone for 4 days shouldn't matter too much... but id suggest to be prepared to play when you get back, but also be prepared to not play. just check and see what the director says when you get back

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Maybe we could get Knubs to do the edits for our host till his return?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Z'zgashi / 5456-4729-9410 / GASHI / **** I cant be yoshi... guess ill go :ness2: / Vm would be best but i can Xat or Live @ zzgashi@live.com if i have to

Dam Character limits, looks like im takin last in this one... >.>

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Actually, I really don't know if I'll be entering completely, since things are getting busier than usual. Being 18 really does put you right on the chair of stress, and I know various stuff is gonna come around really soon.
So pretty much I'm tempted, and am not sure about this now.

Vibe219

Smash Apprentice
Okay, I'm back. I'm going to try to update all of this as quickly as possible. My hopes is to get this started by Saturday.

As for a ruleset- I wouldn't mind some rules. Suggestions?

@MasterStu- Sorry, I must of missed you :/ My fault

I'll look through these newbies again too along with the updating...

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Pit: One of the greatest Heroes of our time
I'll just make a Ruleset. You're free to copy and paste this or just use this as a basis for your own Ruleset.

RULES:

-Single elimination tournament. (Or any other kind of elimination type rule you would like)
-Best 2/3 for preliminaries, best 3/5 for finals.
-3 stock, 8 minutes.
-MetaKnights IDC shenanigan, and DDD's chain grab is banned. (you can ban these or any other move that could cause unrest. Or, you could just not ban any move)
-If the timer runs out and the number of stocks are tied, the one with less damage percentage wins. If the percentage is the same, a coin toss will be used to decide the winner.
-If lag is absolutely terrible, a third person can be used to help alleviate lag. Or, a coin toss can be used to determine the winner, if both players agree to it.
-Both players may strike one Neutral stage.
-Winner gets to ban one Counter Pick stage.

STAGES:

Neutrals:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville

Counter Picks:
Norfair
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 1
Pokemon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
Lylat Cruise
Picto Chat
Delfino Plaza
Luigi's Mansion
Corneria

As I said, you can use this in any way you'd like (Copy and Paste, Edit it, use as a basis, etc., etc.). I think I may have overstepped my bounds a little. But this is just to help, since you did ask for advice. I hope this helps. And I think I put too many Counter Picks.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
God Gashi, you know i hate stage striking! :mad:
Meh, i'll go with it.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I would also suggest banning PTAD for multiple reasons.

1. No grabable ledges means ggs tether grabers and those with bad recovery
2. Cars=40% KO
3. Walk off ledges in multiple parts (plus a wall in at least one)
4. Stages with movement and/or active scenery (which this has high quantity of both) causes worse lag

dualseeker

Smash Ace
I would also suggest banning PTAD for multiple reasons.

1. No grabable ledges means ggs tether grabers and those with bad recovery
2. Cars=40% KO
3. Walk off ledges in multiple parts (plus a wall in at least one)
4. Stages with movement and/or active scenery (which this has high quantity of both) causes worse lag
Point taken. Thank you for the advice. Editted the Ruleset.

DTK.L

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2036-9101-4904
Then you might as well take off green greens in falco's or pits case Laser/Arrow spam > run to opposite side > Repeat > Taunt spam

:pit: Your not ready yet!/ :falco: You aren't worth the trouble!

EDIT: Oh and dualseeker you got a typo on delfino.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
green greens can be bad but not near as bad as PTAD. Besides, yoshi ***** PTAD and even I find it bad

well anyway, that was my two cents
but when compared to your two cents it's more like $50

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Then you might as well take off green greens in falco's or pits case Laser/Arrow spam > run to opposite side > Repeat > Taunt spam

:pit: Your not ready yet!/ :falco: You aren't worth the trouble!

EDIT: Oh and dualseeker you got a typo on delfino.
Thanks for the advice. Editted the Ruleset.

@Z'Zigashi: Well, Green Greens isn't that bad if Falco is playing on it. But Pit can take full advantage of that stage. He can camp (as already mentioned), plus he can just fly under the stage to avoid being threatened. Whereas Falco would have to come up with another alternative to get away from an approaching player. Considering that there is a team Pit, it might be a little unfair for some characters.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
well I don't like green greens at all, so I'm good with losing it

EDIT: what the feck?! I just noticed corneria is listed as well?! It's even worse than both ptad and green greens combined!!!

DTK.L

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2036-9101-4904
This needs to hurry up and begin so Team ike can make 3rd place

Vibe219

Smash Apprentice
Okay, I updated. There is a spot open on Team Peach now. I kicked out Skittlez as well so there is also a spot on Team Falcon as well.

As far as the IC team goes.... I contacted (Lux)- the only member on that team and asked what they wanted to do. In the meantime, One More New Team Can Be Added

And thanks for the rules. I will go by them :)

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Can I switch to the Peach team please?
:)

EDIT: Sorry Zelda's :p

Vibe219

Smash Apprentice
wats happens now :/
Not much needs to happen before we can get this started. We now need one more Zelda player.

We also need only one more team and fill it up. First come first serve for whatever character this team is.

Once this happens, I will post up matches and we can get this started (maybe tomorrow if possible)

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Put me in place of DTP for the Peach team please.
My friend code is 3180 0687 2482
and you can find me either here or on All Is Brawl.

Thanks!

Top Bottom