• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Rankings List *UPDATED 6/29/10*

Merkuri

Smash Lord
When is this thread gonna be updated with results from Genesis, Rom2 and Pound 4?

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=267771&page=11. 20 entrants; April 21st, 2010. No entry fee.

1st: Merkuri: Shiek/Peach
2nd: DA Dave's Brother Mike: Doctor Mario/Marth
3rd: SANL: Link
4th: Kupo: Ganondorf
5th: President Justin: Samus
6th: Kevin: Marth/Peach/Falco
7th: Littlegrits: Shiek
7th Erics: Link

fLoAtiN

Smash Cadet
Sorry I am really confused.
Marth has a higher tops in everything when compared to puff, yet puff is higher ranked by 600 points?
Or is that because the tournys marth has won in are not that large...?

Merkuri

Smash Lord
More people and higher entry fee both affect points.

((entry fee * entrants)/160)*base point value = points.
Why does the entry fee affect the points? Isn't that dumb. The entry fee isn't indicative that better players went to the tournament. A tournament can have a really high entry fee and a relatively low payout. If anything the payouts should be factored into the points and not the entree fee.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
When is this thread gonna be updated with results from Genesis, Rom2 and Pound 4?
You don't read very well, huh? The results in the first post are 90% complete from all tournament from march '09 to march '10. The only tournaments missing where tournaments without results in which the TO didn't reply to me. All 3 of those tournaments had more than enough information to include.

Why does the entry fee affect the points? Isn't that dumb. The entry fee isn't indicative that better players went to the tournament. A tournament can have a really high entry fee and a relatively low payout. If anything the payouts should be factored into the points and not the entree fee.
Entry fee is the fee to enter the tournament. For most tournaments this is $10. Don't confuse this with venue fee which is the fee to pay for the venue.

Pot size = entry fee * number of entrants

Sorry I am really confused.
Marth has a higher tops in everything when compared to puff, yet puff is higher ranked by 600 points?
Or is that because the tournys marth has won in are not that large...?
Mango & Hungrybox

Mahone

Smash Champion
I just wanted to post and say i like this list much better than all the other ones and think this is much more valuable to the community than all that theory talk. Good **** Sveet, your tooo good.

AprilShaw

aka Logan
Things that surprised me:

Puff below Falco, Falcon so high, Peach/Sheik so low, and Ganon below ICs

But I guess when I think about it, it makes sense.

Peaches and Sheiks gotta start reppin!

Very nice work Sveet :)

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Just to let you guys know, I have SC2 beta and i'll probably be too distracted to finish the update this weekend.

Sveet.CrumbsMcGee @ US

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Every tournament must have a link to the results thread!

If you organized off smash boards, i don't care, i just need a link to the results page.

If for some reason you absolutely don't have a results page, post it here and have 2 people from the top8 vouch that the information is correct.

I NEED the results link for permanent record keeping!

ZoSo

Smash Champion
that was approximately 7 million years ago

also zoso used fox that tournament, i'm not sure if he even used marth
whoever sent me the results for NE <3's sleepyk put dazwa as fox/sheik and zoso as fox/marth. also put pine as dr. mario not reg mario. are you sure those are correct?
I def used Marth a few games. I don't remember if I played Roman or not, but if I did I would've used Marth.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Hey Sveet. Why does this thread say that it was last updated 3/12, and yet Doc has no first place wins despite the fact that Shroomed won CGC @ SFSU XIV using only Doc?

otg

Smash Master
Hey Sveet. Why does this thread say that it was last updated 3/12, and yet Doc has no first place wins despite the fact that Shroomed won CGC @ SFSU XIV using only Doc?
None of Waffles and Shroomed's wins/places are counted because the WC tournies do not put together results threads. Gay I know, but it's the way it works.`

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
If you can get the TO to post the results here with a thread link and all the required information (or PM it to me) then i can add it

Kite91

Mada Mada Dane
Thought id start posting in diff threads

Apex is only a few months away guys, May 30th is the last day to register before the price is raised, so come on and register. Right now only about 17 ppl have registered. http://apex.vgbootcamp.com/
Im trying to help out Strife by doing this.

MacD

Banned via Administration

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Currently I have very little time to work on this. If someone wants to pick up the slack for me, i can give you my program and the file i've been working on.

If nobody wants to do this, i might get some free time friday or sunday to put some time into this.

Top Bottom