• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Rankings List - Post-March 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bellioes

Smash Lord
I was really expecting ICs to get a little boost from APEX but I guess not. I guess they didnt do good in any other tournies cause they still didnt go up :(
At least Pika went up (<3 Anther :))

Tien2500

Smash Lord
I've been away from Smash for a while and Trainer has gone from near the bottom to the middle of the list. How'd that happen? People starting to play more PT or just one really good trainer?

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
This is early on in the list, things will even out to more normalish than they are right now I'm betting.

This is only, what, 16 days of tournie data?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
felt like seeing how I stack up
March > May
Lucario is Pawsome: 12.25
C3: 6.25
C4 Galore: 5.8125
WaBII: 11.375
Hams Off My Bread: 16.875
52.5625 points for Diddy!
You're 21st on the list :laugh::laugh:

So close, yet so far.

If anyone's interested in their 'rank'/points so to speak for just about any time period, I may be happy to oblige.

OH GOD ****IT REFLEX. You're in the god **** list twice as Reflex and TheReflexWonder. RAGE.

7. Reflex - 132.56

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
I just noticed in the rules about Sonic invasions... god I miss them lol.

Nice to see Sonic went up one. Take THAT PT! (Who I'm actually happy to see is still doing pretty well.)

Pika's kicking some tail too! And it's always awesome to see GaW failing. =3 Too bad it won't be long before that changes....

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
And it's always awesome to see GaW failing. =3 Too bad it won't be long before that changes....
Yeah, G&W is such a cyclical character.

Players start thinking it's SAFE TO USE THEIR LOW/MID TIERS, and the SMART PEOPLE are like HO HO HO *Mr. Game and Watch*, **** up the noobs using their low/mid tiers for a while.

Then the low/mid tier users pick up snake and meta knight, destroying the G&W, who in turn picks up meta knight and snake as well.

Then the low/mid tier mains pop up again relying on the snakes and MKs not knowing the match up and the cycle starts a fresh...

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
March->May

1. Ally - 284.37 (Snake, Marth)
2. Mew2King - 282.5 (Meta Knight)
3. lain - 182.37 (King Dedede, Ice Climbers, Meta Knight)
4. ADHD - 149.0 (Diddy Kong)
5. Seibrik - 143.75 (Meta Knight, King Dedede)
6. Anther - 141.75 (Pikachu)
15. Afropony - 64.43 (Pit)
So...Ally and M2K make A Rank on their own
3 thru 6 make B Rank above the Olimar-Kirby split
Counting Anther separate from Pika, Pika is in D Rank
And counting Afropony separate from Pit puts Pit all the way down at the bottom of B

lol

======

Just a comment: Not that it matters or anything, but shouldn't B Rank and C Rank be split at Olimar/Kirby (a larger split than PT/TL), and D and E split at Yoshi/Ness (larger than Wolf/Yoshi and Jiggy/Ike)? It would turn out like this, evn though none of the actual numbers change:

M: Meta Knight
S: Snake, King Dedede
A: Diddy Kong, Wario, Marth
B: Falco, Pikachu, Ice Climbers, Pit, ROB, Olimar
C: Kirby, Mr. Game & Watch, Donkey Kong, Lucario, Sonic, Pokémon Trainer
D: Toon Link, Peach, Luigi, Zelda/Sheik, Fox, Zero Suit Samus, Lucas, Wolf, Yoshi
E: Ness, Ike, Jigglypuff, Link, Ganondorf, Mario, Bowser, Captain Falcon, Samus

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Yeah, G&W is such a cyclical character.

Players start thinking it's SAFE TO USE THEIR LOW/MID TIERS, and the SMART PEOPLE are like HO HO HO *Mr. Game and Watch*, **** up the noobs using their low/mid tiers for a while.

Then the low/mid tier users pick up snake and meta knight, destroying the G&W, who in turn picks up meta knight and snake as well.

Then the low/mid tier mains pop up again relying on the snakes and MKs not knowing the match up and the cycle starts a fresh...
How long could that last though? Eventually the matchups will be straight up learned and picking unknowns will have NO chance of working. I think the metagame will be solidified but at the current rate that could mean NOTHING but Snake, MK, DDD, Falco, Diddy, Wario, Marth and maybe Pikachu and Olimar(who I think is still developing pretty rapidly). Which is still more varied than Melee. And people want MK banned. Feh.

Phantomwake

Smash Journeyman
How long could that last though? Eventually the matchups will be straight up learned and picking unknowns will have NO chance of working. I think the metagame will be solidified but at the current rate that could mean NOTHING but Snake, MK, DDD, Falco, Diddy, Wario, Marth and maybe Pikachu and Olimar(who I think is still developing pretty rapidly). Which is still more varied than Melee. And people want MK banned. Feh.
Are you implying that G&W is good enough to make playing low/mids unviable but not good enough to be a part of the central metagame?

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
It's also the case that there are very few players who play Mr. Game & Watch and only Mr. Game & Watch. He can be cyclical depending on whether the Mr. Game & Watch mains feel like using him or using their other characters at that time. There really aren't a lot of Mr. Game & Watch mains in the first place so the whims of a pretty small number of players really change his fate.

I really think the fact that the way he looks and animates is "lame" in the eyes of most people is the main explanation for his lack of popularity. If he wore a mask and a cape and spoke in a really deep voice and all of his disjointed attacks were done with a sword instead of random objects, I bet he'd see a lot more play. The fact that he so frequently ranks so high despite how few people use him is what I would call a testament to how good he is.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
I think he may help breed the knowledge for the top tiers to basically never have a non-known matchup. It happens eventually anyway but he may speed up the process.

Also I don't think GaW will ever be unviable but he might be on the lower end of high level metaplay. If compared to Melee I'd say he'd end up being about.....as impactful as Samus/Icies were in Melee. Certainly competitive but not necessarily the BEST choice.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Some things never change though. ^^
Yeah, Mario's in the same boat too; nobody playing them= craptastic rank. Granted, I don't think he'd be astronomically higher but if Sonic can be B rank thanks to the number of people that play him... Or at he could have at least more than Fear and Boss representing him. At least people like Pokemon Trainer have players like Futile backing them up.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
CT Bi-Weekly 1
5/16
$10 Entry
25 Entrants

1: Bizkit (Snake, Metaknight)
2: Unknown Force (Metaknight)
3: IcyLight (Olimar)
4: TeeVee (ZSS, Diddy, MK, ROB?)
5: Captain Carrot and the Zoo Crew[NEAce] (Diddy)
5: BC+ (Falco)
7: Buuman (DDD)
7: POF (Marth/Snake)

I changed who I used(NEAce). It was DK in one match, that I lost. Didn't think it was worth splitting the points over.

Inle~Orichas

Smash Journeyman
Lol@ the Magic Cards, although I'd have to admit Skull Clamp is probably the better card to represent snake, if Arcbound Ravager is MK.
(Skull Clamp is a BANNED uncommon from Darksteel, it generates VERY quick card advantage for very little cost)

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
At least people like Pokemon Trainer have players like Futile backing them up.
waht

OH GOD ****IT REFLEX. You're in the god **** list twice as Reflex and TheReflexWonder. RAGE.

7. Reflex - 132.56
It's not my fault; I try to ask the TOs to list me specifically as "TheReflexWonder", but it oftentimes doesn't work out.

I don't suppose that means that TheReflexWonder wasn't counted in the cumulative list, does it?

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
The Cybernetic's Core SK92's 3rd monthly
May 16th, 2009