• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Competitive Impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ulevo

Smash Master
So Miiverse is not an exact clone of Battlefield. The vertical blastzone is the same. The horizontal blastzone, Mario dies 1% earlier to a Mario forward smash. The stage size base is the same, but the platform layout is closer to the centre and they are slightly smaller.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Users: 190
Guests: 763
I think I speak for everyone when I say
Holy ****ing ****
Any news on the Kirby/Gekkouga front?

RRoulette

Smash Apprentice
Pretty much, it seems (i still like Mac tho) But this character seems much more complex. Also:

Lol to breaking shields in two hits
[12:56:15 PM] Lucina: why is this possible
[12:56:28 PM] Lucina: can roy please be a bad matchup for ryu, i don't want all the FE characters to get ****ed up

oh yeah and
[12:59:49 PM] lacoot (⌐■_■): also ryu has good recovery
[12:59:54 PM] lacoot (⌐■_■): side b to jump to up b
[12:59:59 PM] lacoot (⌐■_■): shoryuken has invinciblity
so uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
can roy please be a bad matchup for ryu

Last edited:

Nessimator

Smash Apprentice
NNID
VtheVincent
3DS FC
4038-6421-2081
Slight Falco nerf: Up air used to do 11% now does 10%, N air did 12%, now it does 11%

BUT N air seems to pull opponents with you a little better like a multi-hit move should do. :)

King Omega

Smash Journeyman
Ryu's recover is very strong. Maybe predictable? I haven't yet seen how tatsumaki (or shoryuken) really interacts with characters with good spikes/means of interrupting them. But from a simple distance covered, options available perspective, it's really good.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Ryu can FADC in the air woooow

His recovery looks pretty amazing honestly lol

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
Falco's front air attack was changed. Its landing hit deals 3% damage instead of 5%.

Last edited:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Does doing a Hadoken with Street Fighter inputs allow you to use Hadokens even if you have a Final Smash stocked?

the real questions

6 g0d

Smash Cadet
I don't know, Ryu is looking pretty scary.
yeah my game just finished and damn super strong good recovery and he bassically has double the options of any other charecter in the game its crazy and not to mention pika getting buffed and getting another stage with platforms to do crazy quick attack cancelling sheik is looking like #3 rn to me

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Ryu feels like he's going to be really good. YOU GUYS READY FOR A WRITEUP ON A COOL OPTION?

Ledgedrop Tatsu I believe will remain a strong option (buffer using the A button) because of how variable it is. You can land far on stage, close on stage, and even throw out a hitbox that stays next to the ledge to prevent ledgesnapping. All of them are safe options for landing provided you use the right one. Since Tatsu drifts upwards when performed using the motion, QCB+A is the method you want to use. How far down you go determines what you'll use this for.

This character is amazing.

Last edited:

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Does doing a Hadoken with Street Fighter inputs allow you to use Hadokens even if you have a Final Smash stocked?

the real questions
I tested this. Yes it does.

Ryu is already looking to be a high tier, if not top tier character. His only issue seems to be lack of disjoints.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
I tested this. Yes it does.

Ryu is already looking to be a high tier, if not top tier character. His only issue seems to be lack of disjoints.
Lack of disjoints? Does that mean the hitbox on his moves are small?
If that's really his only flaw, then Sheik is soooo screwed.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Lack of disjoints? Does that mean the hitbox on his moves are small?
If that's really his only flaw, then Sheik is soooo screwed.
By that I mean he has no real way to combat disjoints. Best he has is Hadoken and FADC. This'll make sword characters a tough MU for Ryu, but I don't think he'll suffer terribly. His damage per hit is just too strong.

Ikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smooth_Moonman
Warning Received
i hate how the DLC is looking to be S tier, that just makes the game Pay2Win IMHO

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
i hate how the DLC is looking to be S tier, that just makes the game Pay2Win IMHO
As in Ryu? That's just one character who could be potentially be changed in a patch if they figure out things aren't okay like how apparently if you do the Shoryuken input, Ryu can kill Ganondorf at 88%. What about Roy and Lucas? I don't think they'll be top tier either and here's the thing, compared to everyone else including Mewtwo, their metagame just began.

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
Apparently, Lucas is stupidity powerful. I was watching gimr stream and I can hear how pissed off he is about Lucas. He is that good. For example while testing with sheik in training -
Fair becomes a tech chase at high percentage.
Dthrow combos into aerial at low percentage and dthrow to upair killed sheik at 110 (which apparently a combo in training mode)
Zair is a thing
Bthrow is still a kill throw.
Can you mash out of pk freeze? Because he was able to combo into up b.
Diddy might be gone but Lucas is the future. Prepare for players that want Lucas nerf.

On mobile here.

Last edited:

Shog

Smash Ace
I don't know where to share this, but Seismic Toss from Charizard being a kill move is ... is :happysheep:

Edit: Am I reading this correctly: DLC Characters are way to good? OH NO

Last edited:

Firefoxx

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Firefoxx200
3DS FC
1821-9385-9105
Apparently, Lucas is stupidity powerful. I was watching gimr stream and I hear how pissed off he is about Lucas. He is that good. For example while testing with sheik in training -
Fair becomes a tech chase at high percentage.
Dthrow combos into aerial at low percentage and dthrow to upair killed sheik at 110 (which apparently a combo in training mode)
Zair is a thing
Bthrow is still a kill throw.
Can you mash out of pk freeze? Because he was able to combo into up b.
Diddy might be gone but Lucas is the future. Prepare for players that want Lucas nerf.
At that percent the training mode combo counter isn't reliable, and PK Freeze probably shouldn't hit in the first place.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
By that I mean he has no real way to combat disjoints. Best he has is Hadoken and FADC. This'll make sword characters a tough MU for Ryu, but I don't think he'll suffer terribly. His damage per hit is just too strong.
Well, Sheik is screwed, I guess.
I haven't seem how far Hadoken goes, but is it a reliable edgeguard move like Mega's Fsmash?

Ikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smooth_Moonman
Not really, they still take skill to use.
so does sheik but she's still S tier

it's not the effort taken to use a character but rather how good they are at peak levels of performance. when a purchased character exceeds everyone else at peak performance, it's pay to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom