• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Competitive Impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
The main characters I've heard of Mega Man losing to are Sheik, Yoshi, and possibly MK/Wario.
What about Olimar? There was an Olimar vs Megaman match at Shockwave last week and it seems like he has pretty good tools in that matchup, specifically he can force Megaman to approach pretty easily by tossing Pikmin and he likely wins the close range battle too since his moves have pretty low commitment and hit hard. Skull Barrier is the only thing I can see that might even things up.

Seems kind of similar to the Yoshi vs MM match to me. It doesn't seem like MM likes people who can zone while remaining really mobile.

Last edited:

BlackNitrous1

Smash Rookie
I've always heard the Villager mains say Mega Man is a pain in the *** for them. Pocket isn't as useful outside of the fsmash and smart Mega Mans aren't going to be throwing that out in obvious scenarios. Villager's spacing game also isn't as effective since Mega Man can continuously pressure him with his own projectile game. Lemons>lloid rocket in terms of annoyance. As for Fox, I have no idea.

The main characters I've heard of Mega Man losing to are Sheik, Yoshi, and possibly MK/Wario.
Yeah thats true, definitely Yoshi, in my experience fox too

What about Olimar? There was an Olimar vs Megaman match at Shockwave last week and it seems like he has pretty good tools in that matchup, specifically he can force Megaman to approach pretty easily by tossing Pikmin and he likely wins the close range battle too since his moves have pretty low commitment and hit hard. Skull Barrier is the only thing I can see that might even things up.
I forgot about olimar

Last edited by a moderator:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
villager and fox seem to wreck him pretty consistently
What?! Megaman gives Villager HELL Way too fast and disruptive pellets Hard to pocket Metal Blades and a legit grab makes villager's life miserable. Granted I think its winnable but its certainly not fun for the Villager.

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206

Seems kind of similar to the Yoshi vs MM match to me. It doesn't seem like MM likes people who can zone while remaining really mobile.
I'll preface this with the fact that I have very little experience in the matchup. Not many Olimar players that I know.

I think the main difference between Yoshi's and Olimar's zoning is that the trajectory is strict and the arc is not as high as Yoshi's eggs (outside of yellow). Since they're basically straight, Mega Man can snipe them with pellets, metal blades, crash bombs, or just let leaf shield protect him. In a zoning damage race, I don't think I can see Olimar coming out ahead (just my opinion). Mega Man can decide to ignore a pikmin throw and rush Olimar due to no knockback, while Olimar can't ignore Mega Man's zoning (outside of crash bomb). Olimar can convert and gain stage control/an advantageous position off of purple pikmin, while Mega can convert off of crash bomb, leaf shield, an item metal blade, and normal metal blade at high %'s. Olimar's ranged fsmash/grab shouldn't be an issue in a zoning war since Mega Man doesn't want to be in that range to zone anyway.

Olimar's light weight/lack of ways to kill and Mega's general survivability play a big role in the matchup. That said, there are people on the Mega Man boards who have had trouble with the matchup.

Also, pellets aren't f2. ugh. They're f7.

Oh, and MM BAir disjoint beats Olimar's FAir/BAir disjoints, which is big in my experience.

Last edited:

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
Mega Man can decide to ignore a pikmin throw and rush Olimar due to no knockback
Sure, but Olimar has very little commitment on a pikmin throw so he's not really at a disadvantage, and if Mega does not kill the pikmin Olimar is getting free damage. Olimar can also throw the pikmin in the air (and still have time to double jump before landing) which actually avoids a surprisingly large amount of Megaman's zoning game.

Olimar's light weight/lack of ways to kill and Mega's general survivability play a big role in the matchup
He is definitely not lacking ways to kill. His smashes hit stupid hard and they're pretty fast and safe too.

Oh, and MM BAir disjoint beats Olimar's FAir/BAir disjoints, which is big in my experience.
I don't think Olimar would usually be going to the air at close range unless it's a guaranteed throw followup, he usually wants to stay grounded so he retains the threat of USmash, which is just a frighteningly good move in general.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I'll preface this with the fact that I have very little experience in the matchup. Not many Olimar players that I know.

I think the main difference between Yoshi's and Olimar's zoning is that the trajectory is strict and the arc is not as high as Yoshi's eggs (outside of yellow). Since they're basically straight, Mega Man can snipe them with pellets, metal blades, crash bombs, or just let leaf shield protect him. In a zoning damage race, I don't think I can see Olimar coming out ahead (just my opinion). Mega Man can decide to ignore a pikmin throw and rush Olimar due to no knockback, while Olimar can't ignore Mega Man's zoning (outside of crash bomb). Olimar can convert and gain stage control/an advantageous position off of purple pikmin, while Mega can convert off of crash bomb, leaf shield, an item metal blade, and normal metal blade at high %'s. Olimar's ranged fsmash/grab shouldn't be an issue in a zoning war since Mega Man doesn't want to be in that range to zone anyway.

Olimar's light weight/lack of ways to kill and Mega's general survivability play a big role in the matchup. That said, there are people on the Mega Man boards who have had trouble with the matchup.

Also, pellets aren't f2. ugh. They're f7.

http://pastebin.com/NJ4Q5PzU
According to the frame speed chart Rockman's n-air, f-tilt, and jab are all frame 2

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Sure, but Olimar has very little commitment on a pikmin throw so he's not really at a disadvantage, and if Mega does not kill the pikmin Olimar is getting free damage. Olimar can also throw the pikmin in the air (and still have time to double jump before landing) which actually avoids a surprisingly large amount of Megaman's zoning game.

He is definitely not lacking ways to kill. His smashes hit stupid hard and they're pretty fast and safe too.

I don't think Olimar would usually be going to the air at close range unless it's a guaranteed throw followup, he usually wants to stay grounded so he retains the threat of USmash, which is just a frighteningly good move in general.
In regards to jumping over Mega's zoning game, Mega Man can jump up to match his height, run under and uair, or angle his metal blades. (Or just shield as the Pikmin go to the ground and Olimar has to call them back)

Tanking Pikmin isn't recommended, but it's an option if you see an opening to do so. Olimar needs to be cogniscent of that, whereas Mega doesn't, putting more stress on Olimar to be perfect.

Now that I think of it, if Olimar steals a metal blade, zoning could end up shifting to Olimar's favor.

Olimar lacks kill setups. His smashes are fast and safe, and he has a good kill throw in blue pikmin, but that's it. He just racks damage and then throws out smashes. Pivot fsmash, JC-Usmash, Dsmash for rolls... Those are all really good. Then, he can go deep for edge guarding. It generally works, because most of the cast needs to be in that range to kill or take stage control, but Mega Man has ranged pokes that can lead to edge guarding situations and/or kills. Unless there's something about Olimar I don't know...

RE pastebin: If it were f2, it'd be a good OOS option. Play Mega Man and you'll realize it's not f2. It's been tested and it's f7. Pastebin is wrong, because the f2 is pointing to something other than the actual hitbox. Pellets are weird. http://smashboards.com/threads/mega-man-hitbox-data.390537/

Edit: Lavaniiiiiiiiiii

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Glad to know that such information that I would not find unless I make the mistake of mentioning is just there...
Still Mega Buster gives Villager hell.

NachoOfCheese

Smash Ace
NNID
NachoOfCheese
Megaman's edgeguarding is pretty good too. All the disjoints and speed and nair gimps. He's definitely up there with Marth and Falco in that sense. Nowhere near Villager's tho.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Still Mega Buster gives Villager hell.
Ha, Reminds me of a funny song...

But anywho, why is the matchup difficult for you? I would imagine that the matchup is an awesome display of intelligent zoning, with mega man trying to enter mid range to deal damage and convert small hits to follow ups, along with villager constantly switching from far range to rush down when he finds an opening. Even when I play the matchup, it feels very even.

The villager matchup feels easier when I play Pac-Man, but I may just be weird like that :p

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Ha, Reminds me of a funny song...

But anywho, why is the matchup difficult for you? I would imagine that the matchup is an awesome display of intelligent zoning, with mega man trying to enter mid range to deal damage and convert small hits to follow ups, along with villager constantly switching from far range to rush down when he finds an opening. Even when I play the matchup, it feels very even.

The villager matchup feels easier when I play Pac-Man, but I may just be weird like that :p
There's a write up somewhere in the Villager MU thread that nearly summarized this MU but I'm on my phone right now so I can't link it right now. I'll just say that Villager's long range game is a joke compared to MM and MM is well equipped on keeping Villager out.

Nobie

Smash Champion
NNID
SDShamshel
3DS FC
2809-8958-8223
An important point about Olimar vs. Mega Man: Yellow Pikmin are immune to charge shots. While Mega Man has plenty of other tools, it's important to keep in mind because that trade will never be in Mega Man's favor (because it isn't a trade at all).

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
An important point about Olimar vs. Mega Man: Yellow Pikmin are immune to charge shots. While Mega Man has plenty of other tools, it's important to keep in mind because that trade will never be in Mega Man's favor (because it isn't a trade at all).
Are Reds immune to Dsmash as well?
What about Yellows and Usmash?

(Obviously a bit less relevant, but still good to know)

Funen1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Funen1
I would assume so, since those smashes have a fire and electric element.

On the topic of Olimar, a sort of strategy-related question, one that I've only been able to think about and not actually test yet since I haven't had a chance to play anyone. I sometimes hear people talk about being able to get rid of Pikmin that Olimar throws onto you with his side-B, particular White Pikmin. While knocking the Pikmin off is all well and good, I have to wonder if it really has any effect in slowing down Olimar's gameplan. Pikmin Pluck is pretty fast, and Olimar players can typically plan their approaches based on what Pikmin are out at the time. Any testimony from those who've fought good Olimars about this? Is it feasible to really pressure Olimar by hitting and presumably killing the Pikmin he latches onto you?

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
If anything you shouldnt be killing pikmin on you unless they are white.

Let him throw his stuff and run out of his little henchman. Thats when you dig into his little asshole.

incrediblej

Smash Apprentice
I would assume so, since those smashes have a fire and electric element.

On the topic of Olimar, a sort of strategy-related question, one that I've only been able to think about and not actually test yet since I haven't had a chance to play anyone. I sometimes hear people talk about being able to get rid of Pikmin that Olimar throws onto you with his side-B, particular White Pikmin. While knocking the Pikmin off is all well and good, I have to wonder if it really has any effect in slowing down Olimar's gameplan. Pikmin Pluck is pretty fast, and Olimar players can typically plan their approaches based on what Pikmin are out at the time. Any testimony from those who've fought good Olimars about this? Is it feasible to really pressure Olimar by hitting and presumably killing the Pikmin he latches onto you?
Killing the latched pikmin is good depending who you use I think for browser and Gannon its not much of a problem taking damage seeing how rage will build and those two would kill oli easier against certain characters you wouldn't throw piks because some characters have moves to deal with them easily and sometimes before they even latch so it's pointless against others it creates opening because the moves used to kill the piks have bad end or startup lag or take a bit to kill them giving oli time to approach.

I think sword fighters and have the best chances against him seeing how they can kill them with a slash before they latch because the swords range I think its easiest with Marth or lucina IMO. Oli's pik lack the health they had in brawl and numbers(6 is how much he used to have do the ones who didn't count them in brawl) which made oli so great, health to latch long enough to do decent - serious damage, and numbers to be able to have some latched and still attack with out waiting for the pik to stand up and walk back after a smash or something.

Almost forgot random pikmin when plucking them which made him more unpredictable against someone who knew how to use each piks ability to olis advantage

Nobie

Smash Champion
NNID
SDShamshel
3DS FC
2809-8958-8223
Flame Sword and Flame Burst do not harm Red Pikmin, Yellow Pikmin are invincible against Spark Shock. It's something you actually have to take into account as Flame Sword and Spark Shock are good attacks for hurting Pikmin latched onto you but if you use the moves on the wrong Pikmin you're just wasting your time.

Following up on the Olimar talk:

How much do Yellow Pikmin ruin Pikachu's day? Like if Olimar manages to get three Yellows out is it just bad news bears?

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Flame Sword and Flame Burst do not harm Red Pikmin, Yellow Pikmin are invincible against Spark Shock. It's something you actually have to take into account as Flame Sword and Spark Shock are good attacks for hurting Pikmin latched onto you but if you use the moves on the wrong Pikmin you're just wasting your time.

Following up on the Olimar talk:

How much do Yellow Pikmin ruin Pikachu's day? Like if Olimar manages to get three Yellows out is it just bad news bears?
I'm gonna go on a limb and say that not very. Pikachu is still going to try to steamroll Olimar up close and offstage. QA don't care bout no yellow pikmin.

Vincent21

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2595-3155-0496
So I sometimes screw around with villager, but I'm admittedly no main.

So I was playing him, and my girlfriend's secondary is Olimar. I thought; "well I never tried THIS before!"

Pikmin pop loids. He's to short to SH slingshot. His disjoints beat out defensive nairs and SH dairs, and pikimin grabs reach through trees and past umbrellas and roots to hit me.

Pls how does this even work. I'm probably just bad (totally open to an argument on how so) but like yeah that mu seems completely horrible for Villy.

If only pocketing Purple Pikmin actually accomplished something e.e

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
So I sometimes screw around with villager, but I'm admittedly no main.

So I was playing him, and my girlfriend's secondary is Olimar. I thought; "well I never tried THIS before!"

Pikmin pop loids. He's to short to SH slingshot. His disjoints beat out defensive nairs and SH dairs, and pikimin grabs reach through trees and past umbrellas and roots to hit me.

Pls how does this even work. I'm probably just bad (totally open to an argument on how so) but like yeah that mu seems completely horrible for Villy.

If only pocketing Purple Pikmin actually accomplished something e.e
You can Pocket Pikmin because reasons. When you throw them back at Olimar they die after landing (no minions for you) but it's something I guess? Maybe see if you can Pocket a Pikmin currently latched on to you.

Last edited:

Vincent21

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2595-3155-0496
You can Pocket Pikmin because reasons. When you throw them back at Olimar they die after landing (no minions for you) but it's something I guess? Maybe see if you can Pocket a Pikmin currently latched on to you.
Tried it. Dunno if there is any specific requirement, but it didn't work. Also as far as I can tell, you can only pocket Purple Piks. This is consistent with game mechanics as Purple Pikmin are unique in how they are affected by a lot of things since they are a traditional projectile being that they don't latch.

However a Pik does not need to be purple to crash and cancel a loid or even to eat a slingshot which makes trying to zone Oli feel pretty bootyyyyyyyy you're just kind of accepting a dripfeed of % while you can't get any way in (since you can't enter with projectile mix-ups).

I dunno if I was just midunderstanding things or.... need a Villy main. @ Antonykun Antonykun ?

Noa.

Smash Master
Killing Oli's pikmin is probably matchup dependent, but certainly for Ness it's really important.

Pikmin do a lot of damage when they're latched on, so it's imperative that you remove them. Also it's really bad to try to confront Oli with Pikmin latched onto you. If you're using moves against Oli that hit those latched pikmin, your move will have more hit lag and will be less safe on shield and easier to punish. To add on, usually almost any aerial or attack can go through and of Oli's pikmin moves and he has awfuk priority. However when pikmin are latched onto this effect does not work and Oli's moves are harder to beat directly.

While pikmin pluck is not too laggy, being forced to pluck two pikmin is a commitment. He might not have any endlag from pikmin pluck by the time you reach him, but because he was plucking pikmin he didn't have the time to properly position himself for an fsmash or grab. Oli relies heavily on his range, and he can't properly space his attacks if he's having to pluck pikmin.

How easy it is to kill pikmin as well as how punishable it leaves you to Olimar is dependent on the character. But you generally want to try to kill pikmin when you get the opportunity. Especially if they're latched on.

Hippieslayer

Smash Ace
Aeorlinks Palutena on Tourney Locator be looking pretty sexy, he's still getting used to the options he has with her but some of that beast is getting unleashed, plus using glide over teleport is definitely the right choice.

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
Aeorlinks Palutena on Tourney Locator be looking pretty sexy, he's still getting used to the options he has with her but some of that beast is getting unleashed, plus using glide over teleport is definitely the right choice.
How does glide work better then teleport? Just curious because I cant control glide very well but for attacking.

Also for olimar am I not supposed to kill his pikmin when they are on me?

Last edited:

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Also for olimar am I not supposed to kill his pikmin when they are on me?
I usually do but I can see the reasoning in not doing so. If the Pikmin are on you, that means Olimar is not able to space you out since they're unavailable, leaving him open. I would still immediately kill whites though.

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
I think I need to do that with peach. Granted I can't afford extra damage here and there but if I keep some on then I can go ham on olimar.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Tried it. Dunno if there is any specific requirement, but it didn't work. Also as far as I can tell, you can only pocket Purple Piks. This is consistent with game mechanics as Purple Pikmin are unique in how they are affected by a lot of things since they are a traditional projectile being that they don't latch.

However a Pik does not need to be purple to crash and cancel a loid or even to eat a slingshot which makes trying to zone Oli feel pretty bootyyyyyyyy you're just kind of accepting a dripfeed of % while you can't get any way in (since you can't enter with projectile mix-ups).

I dunno if I was just midunderstanding things or.... need a Villy main. @ Antonykun Antonykun ?
I rarely face pikmin mostly because the AI for them on the 3DS is bad though they are smarter as of 1.0.5.
When I do fight them it is usually me chasing them down as I have a million Pikmin on me. Villager is more of a trap character with anti-zone so any zoning you do is more to get in with some exceptions (heavies usually). Once you're in on Pikmin use your frame 3 "combo" starter N-air and push him off stage. Winged pikmin makes Olimar free for Villager's edgeguarding and we all know how good Her edge guarding is.

On the subject of edgeguarding Villager edgeguarding is training wheels compared to pikachu

Last edited:

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master

Video source.

19_

Smash Journeyman
NNID
19sean
3DS FC
3239-4949-6616
I think both up-bs for Palutena are good but they are just matchup dependent. Teleport has better vertical recovery but it's viability is that it ledge cancels. I can't wait to see people pull this off with lightweight; there so much hidden potential because of that. I would totally take jump glide against DK though. We have already seen what happens if you don't. :dizzy:

Last edited:

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
I'm still convinced Peach's Uair will see more utility as time progresses. It's a decent move already in that it has disjoint, semi-spike properties (can't be used to kill, but useful in combos), can hit through the stage, and can have deceitful range by dropping it in the middle of a float (the rainbow disappears but the hit boxes are still there).

Maybe it's pretty fleshed out already haha, it still seems underused though.

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
If anything you shouldnt be killing pikmin on you unless they are white.

Let him throw his stuff and run out of his little henchman. Thats when you dig into his little *******.
Eh, I don't think that's really a good idea. All he has to do is hold one back and then he's still prepared to deal with you and you're taking constant damage.

Granted, killing them off as they latch onto you doesn't have great reward either, since he can get more so fast. Ideally, you'd prefer for them just not to latch on at all, so it's best to shut down that zoning as soon as you can.

Last edited:

Funen1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Funen1
Thanks to those that replied. Insightful stuff. From what was said, I get the impression that the "dealing with Pikmin" game is something that could really swing in either player's advantage depending on how it's played. Having Pikmin latched onto you can leave your approaches more vulnerable due to extra hit-lag, never mind the free damage Olimar gets with it, but Olimar players need to be careful not to leave themselves with too few Pikmin in the process. Sound about right?

And yeah, the ideal would be to avoid having them latch onto you at all, though in practice that is of course easier said than done, especially for big targets/characters with low mobility. Getting a bit character-specific for a moment, I think I have a good idea of which attacks Ness has that are good for killing Pikmin stuck on him, though some depend on where the Pikmin are on him as well (head vs. midsection, for instance). Other characters undoubtedly have their own moves for the job, and if I'm not mistaken, most Pikmin have less health in this game, which should make it easier to kill them if you choose to. On that note, has there been any research regarding exactly how much health each kind has? I've been looking around but haven't found anything yet, so I tested it out in Training (in case staled moves would deal less damage to Pikmin as well, though I haven't examined that yet). From what I found, it was something like Red/Yellow=8 HP, Blue=11 HP, White=7 HP, and Purple=13 HP, though additional accounts would certainly be helpful in that regard.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Is it possible to delatch pikmin without killing them so that they have to walk back to Olimar, and he can't pluck more because they aren't dead? like with windboxes or weak attacks?

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
There's a huge disparity among the cast in who can easily get pikmin off. Rosalina is really bad at it, and it makes the Olimar match-up a pain. Rosalina's only move as far as I can tell that reliably removes a latched pikmin is usmash, but usmash is long enough of an animation that even if I do it far away from Olimar so he can't punish he still has enough time during my cooldown just to pluck another pikmin and keep up the same basic nonsense. Of course, as soon as Olimar latches a pikmin he assumes a defensive posture and prepares himself for your approach (he only really needs one pikmin to protect himself); just rushing in isn't practical if you aren't a character good at just rushing in in the first place. I had one particularly bad match against an Olimar main where I think I took more than half of my damage from latched pikmin; it was really bad. In our brave new world of customs standard, I'll just shoot star bits and warp Luma in past all of his nonsense, but that wasn't an option at the time.

The kinda balancing factor here with customs is that Olimar can use the tackle pikmin throw against characters like Peach who can easily remove pikmin while sticking to default (or perhaps using sticky? I'm not sure of the merits of sticky) against characters like Rosalina who struggle to remove latched pikmin. It's definitely the case that Olimar side-B in general is a way better move in this game than it was in Brawl...

If anyone has any insight what the design reason is that Gravitational Pull can negate Olimar smashes, banishing his pikmin to the void, but does nothing against side special, I'd be very interested. That interaction really does make zero sense to me...

NairWizard

Somewhere
If anyone has any insight what the design reason is that Gravitational Pull can negate Olimar smashes, banishing his pikmin to the void, but does nothing against side special, I'd be very interested. That interaction really does make zero sense to me...
Gravitational Pull gives Rosalina ownership of the opponent's items/projectiles, so the smashes are negated.

Pikmin Toss assigns ownership to Rosalina (they attach to her), so there's nothing for Gravitational Pull to do, thematically.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
There's a huge disparity among the cast in who can easily get pikmin off. Rosalina is really bad at it, and it makes the Olimar match-up a pain. Rosalina's only move as far as I can tell that reliably removes a latched pikmin is usmash, but usmash is long enough of an animation that even if I do it far away from Olimar so he can't punish he still has enough time during my cooldown just to pluck another pikmin and keep up the same basic nonsense. Of course, as soon as Olimar latches a pikmin he assumes a defensive posture and prepares himself for your approach (he only really needs one pikmin to protect himself); just rushing in isn't practical if you aren't a character good at just rushing in in the first place. I had one particularly bad match against an Olimar main where I think I took more than half of my damage from latched pikmin; it was really bad. In our brave new world of customs standard, I'll just shoot star bits and warp Luma in past all of his nonsense, but that wasn't an option at the time.

The kinda balancing factor here with customs is that Olimar can use the tackle pikmin throw against characters like Peach who can easily remove pikmin while sticking to default (or perhaps using sticky? I'm not sure of the merits of sticky) against characters like Rosalina who struggle to remove latched pikmin. It's definitely the case that Olimar side-B in general is a way better move in this game than it was in Brawl...

It's flavor reasons! Pikmin go into idle mode after being told to move somewhere, and they become impressionable. But after being thrown they can't go into idle mode until their target is dead!

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Man characters can do some really mean things to pikmin. Villager can pocket them and have them die of suffocation there , Rosalina can make them collapse under heavy gravitational weight, and Wario flat out eats purple pikmin.

Is there other characters that can do such sadistic stuff on them?

@ NairWizard NairWizard could you mayhaps go down on some edguarding Pika can do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom