• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Challenger Approaching!!! ROY!! .PAC UP!!!! 12/7/09 at 3:36 AM EST

smashmaniac2008

Smash Journeyman
^ that. PSA is the only think we need to make a Roy (plus now we can set his sword on fire for his neutral b :D and you guys said it was impossible)

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
^ that. PSA is the only think we need to make a Roy (plus now we can set his sword on fire for his neutral b :D and you guys said it was impossible)
Better yet we can make it do the f-smash animation for neutral B AND set it on fire (and possibly make an explosion effect on release as well. Depends on whether explosion is a global or character specific effect). Heck with texture hacking we could probably even make him glow red when charging instead of blue (this would apply to Marth too though <_<)

We could also make up B, upsmash, and side B (third hit down) multihit moves again. :p

We can even change side B (third hit down) back to the melee animation, by using the last motion of Marth's victory animation (where he spins his sword and then swings it down at the end) in combination with the spin motion used on the fourth hit up (it would be tricky to make it look right, but I believe this is the smoothest way to do it).

<3 Roy.

smashmaniac2008

Smash Journeyman
okay. then something not from melee (rather it is from FE6) can we keep his sword sheathed when not in use (probably a no)

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
well, we're still using Marth's animations to do this so...no.

It's because Marth has very few poses where he sheathes his sword, and all of the poses...are very unlike Roy.

n88

Smash Lord
If Marth has an animation where his sword is sheathed, then yes. If not, no. I don't think he does, but I'm unsure.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
You're forgetting one thing though. How would that translate to his idle animation, and running animation, ect? Every time you do an action you litterally change to a new animation. It's not a matter of HAVING an animation in which he sheathes the sword, it's a matter of having an animation in which he sheathes the sword that could double as a decent idle animation, as well as having some animation that can be used as a running animation with the sword sheathed. And a jumping one, and a turning around one (for turning during a dash), and a walking one, and a grabbing the ledge one, and a getting hit one, ect, ect.

It's more complicated than you guys think <_<.

n88

Smash Lord
I thought they meant just for basic, standing there animation. Of course it wouldn't work for dashing, idle, etc.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Then you'd need a sheathed sword animation that wouldn't look incredibly odd just standing there. For that all I can think of is the end of one of Marth's victory poses (where he shows the side of his body towards the screen and turns his head at you), but that's a pose I wouldn't want ROY to be doing <_<

(and I was gonna use that as Lyn's idle stance when I make her lol).

Worth a shot I guess?

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
when Pharrox finishes his model extracting project. I'd use the assist trophy Lyn model and put it on Marth's frame (they're body structures are similar enough). After that I'm gonna take full advantage of Plan Zero to use ALL of Marth's animations for a good moveset. Side taunt for a counter pose, spinning sword victory pose for a neutral B, individual parts of dancing blade for various normal moves, ect, ect.

Wavedash Master

Smash Journeyman
when Pharrox finishes his model extracting project. I'd use the assist trophy Lyn model and put it on Marth's frame (they're body structures are similar enough). After that I'm gonna take full advantage of Plan Zero to use ALL of Marth's animations for a good moveset. Side taunt for a counter pose, spinning sword victory pose for a neutral B, individual parts of dancing blade for various normal moves, ect, ect.
You might need to shrink/stretch her model because the trophy model is probably either too big or too small. Otherwise, I support what you plan to do. I'm a big fan of Fire Emblem 7.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Oh man.... Roy is going to be so awesome with Project SA.... *drool*

We can even change the animation for his Side B swipes to differ him from Marth more..... And so much more... :psycho:

jalued

Smash Lord
so is an extra hitbox going to be added on ALL his moves at the hilt? since roy is kinda the opposite of marth, feel its fair that his tipper is at the hiltish side of the blade, the middle of the blade is about the same strength at marths middle, and the tip has the dragging ability

The Immortal Sir NZ

Smash Apprentice
so is an extra hitbox going to be added on ALL his moves at the hilt? since roy is kinda the opposite of marth, feel its fair that his tipper is at the hiltish side of the blade, the middle of the blade is about the same strength at marths middle, and the tip has the dragging ability
Is it fair that Marth gets his strong part --------------------- way out here?
And Roy gets his ---- out here?

I don't think so, that's why Roy has a bigger sweetspot on his sword but has less range to use it with.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
why doesn't gog ever post here?
Cause anytime I start to try and make progress on Roy something new comes out. For example I now have Project SA. Besides, what is left on Roy to do? A slight readjustment on the tipper placement on a select few moves and a retooling of Side-b is all that is left. If anything I'd have to come up with a way or two to nerf him. Run speed is one of them but I need SA. See where I am going with this?

Also it's summer and I frankly have other games to play as well as balancing a full time job and other responsibilities. A character that is 90% completed takes a back seat considering I can barely find time to keep up with Brawl+ enough as is.

camelot

Smash Ace
If anything I'd have to come up with a way or two to nerf him.
Take away the killer bair, make the spike on dair weaker, make fsmash have more end lag, slower run speed.

I personally don't know why you guys decided to speed up some of Roy's attacks. Marth should always stay as the faster of the two characters (minus SHFFL). That dair spike really needs to be toned down, too, it's far too strong for how fast and easy it is to hit with. Same deal with bair, too strong for how fast it is (I don't understand the fire spike, either).

But we should wait until SA is released before we mess around with Roy anymore. Then we can add hitboxes, make the multi-hit usmash and uspecial, etc.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Take away the killer bair, make the spike on dair weaker, make fsmash have more end lag, slower run speed.

I personally don't know why you guys decided to speed up some of Roy's attacks. Marth should always stay as the faster of the two characters (minus SHFFL). That dair spike really needs to be toned down, too, it's far too strong for how fast and easy it is to hit with. Same deal with bair, too strong for how fast it is (I don't understand the fire spike, either).
Fire spike is there for awesome factor and will always stay. I agree on D-air and f-smash as well as a run speed nerf. A slight KB nerf on B-air might be in order, but we'll see.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Could we do somewhere where we change the animation of the Neutral-B to Ike's F-smash, when we get Plan Zero/Project SA? I believe somebody has said that they're rigged similar enough for that move in particular to work, and it's about the closest I can think of to the Melee Shieldbreaker.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Could we do somewhere where we change the animation of the Neutral-B to Ike's F-smash, when we get Plan Zero/Project SA? I believe somebody has said that they're rigged similar enough for that move in particular to work, and it's about the closest I can think of to the Melee Shieldbreaker.
you can only use character specific animations. that means you would need marth's fsmash. using ike's would only give you the hitboxes.

Zolios

Smash Apprentice
You guys just don't let up. One and a half months into the release of brawl and you're completely changing the moveset of marth to resemble a character from melee? Looool.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
You guys just don't let up. One and a half months into the release of brawl and you're completely changing the moveset of marth to resemble a character from melee? Looool.
One and a half months? You mean years?

And we're ADDING Roy into the game, not replacing Marth. But we're using Marth as a template and separating them when we have the codes to do so.

Protip - Thinking and reading will go a LONG way to not making you look like a buffoon.

tsunami70875

Smash Journeyman
you can only use character specific animations. that means you would need marth's fsmash. using ike's would only give you the hitboxes.
you know, but one problem with marth's fsmash is the charging animation. is there any other animation we can use to replace that?

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
I suppose the counter animation may work, but I'm not looking at it this second so there's a good chance I'm wrong.

ZitchX

Smash Cadet
Please fix:

Slow down Shield breaker
Make Up like Melee's. God i miss the way that move was...
Slow him down?
Increase KB on grabs

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
You guys just don't let up. One and a half months into the release of brawl and you're completely changing the moveset of
marth to resemble a character from melee? Looool.
Almas Edit: Inappropriate image removed.

Who are you exactly to judge people?
We're all free to do whatever we want. Why the hell are you even posting this crap? I could judge you from your lack of successful trolling. :laugh:

Top Bottom