• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chain Grabbing MK *UPDATED! SEE 1st POST*

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
And if you guys don't believe me just mash the x button with mk's controller

Saybr

Smash Rookie
Man that really bites. I was hoping this would work. At least it could still scare the crap out of your opponent if he hasn't heard of this chain grab yet.

Laurel

Smash Ace
edit: nvm i was doing it wrong, i got it now, i think i found something but let me test it a lot first before i get too excited lol its still a cg that cant be jumped out of but ill get back to you guys on that

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
Oh my goodness!! So much tension.

I think that we should get rid of this thread as soon as we get his thing finalized and have it oriented around PM's.

Can't a mod like hide a thread from certain people?

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
LOL, it doesn't work there is nothing to hide

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
1. Laurel said he/she had something
2. It doesn't matter if it isn't water-proof but i'd keep it secret as long as possible and let them find out how to get out it on their own. If no one tells and they don't know how to do it then the only times they can try to find out if they can get out is in a match.
3. And if it took you frame data to figure it out then one of them has to get lucky by spamming x on the second grab everytime to get out.

In this way we can "make" it work. So let's "make" it work as long as possible.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
1. Laurel said he/she had something
2. It doesn't matter if it isn't water-proof but i'd keep it secret as long as possible and let them find out how to get out it on their own. If no one tells and they don't know how to do it then the only times they can try to find out if they can get out is in a match.
3. And if it took you frame data to figure it out then one of them has to get lucky by spamming x on the second grab everytime to get out.

In this way we can "make" it work. So let's "make" it work as long as possible.
I didn't have to use frame data. I just spammed X on the controller and then got frame data to back it up.

@Kadaj, sure I guess, BTW the timing is the same for tippered D-air except you cant press jump and u-air at the same time since it will cause you to up-smash. So you have to press jump a split second before you press up on the c-stick.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
if this only works at 0%, this is only going to work once against a Meta Knight who has no idea that it exists

just wanna bring people down to earth. if the mk doesn't wanna get grabbed at 0% he doesn't have to

etecoon

Smash Hero
if this only works at 0%, this is only going to work once against a Meta Knight who has no idea that it exists
not even, marth already had 0% grab **** on MK, MK's *already* should be guarding against 0% grabs

Laurel

Smash Ace
i'd like to talk to a marth via aim about my discovery, someone IM me on AIM

frosiass

someone knowledgeable about frame data

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
@ Kadaj- Ugh. I didn't exactly read that yet. But I'll take your word for it that it's worth being under my pillow. I have Dr PP's avatar taped to the inside of my lucky banana boxers so you have some competition. I had EL on the flip-up lid of my toilet till Steel started the awareness of EL missing thread back in 09 >:/, they eventually took him back but in return I got Jimmy Johnson's heart and smoked reindeer jerky.

But Laurel sounds like he/she has something.

And GIMR needs to be brain-wiped. I think he will tell the truth about our water-proof CG...or we can get that big blue guy from Watchmen to make him kersplode and make bloodangels in the snow.

Laurel

Smash Ace
self-induced arthiritis and 10 hours later my "discovery" can be airdodged out of lol

i admit salty defeat

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
Lol, I'm not gonna go out of my way to tell people

Top Bottom