• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chain Grabbing MK *UPDATED! SEE 1st POST*

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
Lol BLM

Omni DAC Grabbing is Dashing forward and hitting down on the C-Stick the same time you Grab.

It's what allows Falco to CG Marth without him being able to Up B out of it (otherwise you'd have to be frame perfect when doing it, which is kinda difficult to do.)
Long story short it enables you a bit more frames to perform a regrab in brawl.

This being said, you can also Forward throw Diddy twice using the DAC Grab something else I found out since I started using the DAC Grab

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
is this the same as boost grabbing? because yea i think that same concept applies to cg'ing olimar with falco from 0% to 45%

VibeSlyph

Smash Ace
CG 10x to grab release spike. I'll watch every Marth vs. MK video from now on until I see it happen.

Edit: Unfortunately, I can only do it 2-3 times until I mess up. On top of that I'm just another WifiMarth. I'll do it someday, though. I swear.

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
Hey Kadaj. You have gained like a 1000 points on my respect-o-meter.

Not that I haven't respected you before. I watched your vids when I was a lurker.

But this is a big breakthrough. If you could can you document when you update?

Like when Bengals gives us real frame data info slap that in the 1st post and state when the date was and color it and make it all official-like, okay?

I just want this to be lathered in golden wonderfulness of officialality that is smothered by bold,colored, differentiated fonted, underlined, numbered, lettered, sub-sectioned and rolled up into one big Snack MK(Pronounced like Mc in Mcdonalds), wrapped burrito of doom that we can mail to the MK boards.

<3 forevar Kadaj in a totally gay way(JK). Im making a secret shrine for you in my underwear drawer.

VibeSlyph

Smash Ace
Seriously though, you should definitely talk to YoshQ and get a Vid up or something, cause' I'm not understanding how the 10x one works.

But yeah, I can do it 4-5 times with a bit of practice.

VibeSlyph

Smash Ace
Alright, thanks in advance.
Hopefully I can actually pull this off at an upcoming tourney, so I can have a little upset action going on. c:

lucha5

Banned via Warnings
i can do the 3 fthrows to fsmash consistently (got replay). but still cant do the dthrow one at all :o

ChaosDrifter

Smash Lord
just wondering wat stage can u fthrow X10 on? i tried this on FD and could only get like 6 or so fthrows before getting too close to the ledge for a GR spike

KillLock

Smash Lord
So we have a 0-death on MK now? Or was that just poppycock that Albert was pumping out?
Even with all the grabs included, the finishing spike wouldn't send MK far enough to 0-death him. I believe 40% is when the spike is strong enough to kill MK from Spike.

VibeSlyph

Smash Ace
I just Dthrow 3x to tipper'd an MK at the edge of the Delfino stage where you're on top of the building [Not the tower.] for game. Felt good.

I'm loving this already.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
i tried doing this lastnight and either i really suck or it's really hard to do

anyway, just waiting for kadaj to send me that replay

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I'm gonna test this. I'll let you guys know later if it's possible.

Also, I'm pretty sure MK can jump before he hits the ground so if that's the case buffering a spot dodge wouldn't matter

Nike.

Smash Hero
I'm not sure if I'm doing it on the CPU. I've done a dthrow 10x a few times, but I'm still unsure.

Is it Dthrow -> Dash -> C-Stick Down -> Grab?

Nike.

Smash Hero
I think I'm doing it right then. I've got it down on the CPU, but I wanna try it on someone else in case I am doing it wrong.

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
Umm you can try it on a Lvl 9 cpu, they will try to roll or spot dodge everytime you go for a grab because it's in their programming lol

You could also get someone you know that doesn't really have to be good to just hold the shield button and once you start grabbing hit down over and over on the control stick to buffer spotdodges

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
I took it into frame advance

Key:

HFA = Hit Frame Advantage:
The amount of frames you have to hit your opponent with an attack after the throw if he or she has to land on the ground after the throw

GFA = Grab Frame Advantage: after some one lands they can shield, buffer a spot dodge, or buffer a roll, since you can be hit during the first frame of your spot dodge and you can be grabbed during your shield then the frame advantage you have to grab some one after they land is at least +1 when compared to Hit Frame Advantage

JFA = Jumping Frame Advantage: This is the frame of advantage you have on your opponent until they can jump. If you have jump frame advantage on your opponent then they don't have to land on the ground after the throw. they can jump insteaad.

Breaking NEWS!
Metaknight can jump away from you after you throw him the second time

Data:

• Throw 1: HFA=12, GFA=13, He can't jump so you can regrab
  • Throw 2: JFA= 8 HFA=11 & GFA=12,
  • Throw 3: JFA= 8 HFA=11 & GFA=12,
  • Throw 4: J FA= 9 HFA=12 & GFA=13,
  • Throw 5: JFA= 9 HFA=12 & GFA=13,
  • Throw 6: JFA= 9 HFA=12 & GFA=13,
  • Throw 7: JFA= 9 HFA=13 & GFA=14,
  • Throw 8: JFA= 9 HFA=13 & GFA=14,
  • Throw 9: JFA= 9 HFA=13 & GFA=14,
  • Throw 10: JFA= 9 HFA=13 & GFA=14,

What does this Mean?

It means after throw 2 MK HAS to jump or he'll get re-grabbed. I tried everything and it seems that if MK Double jumps away you just can't get to him in time. I tried multiple variations of DACDG and normal dash grab.

Sorry Guys

If he double jumps away you cannot regrab

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
Look at the data. He can double jump.every throw after 2

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
No, decay is in effect. Sry guys. I was really hoping this would work.

I discovered you can tipper u-air mk out of grab release. That's a plus I guess.

Top Bottom