• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Carolina Brawl Power Rankings [1/27] Breaking Bad PRs!! YAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
PS3 is nice if your looking for something to set drinks on when you have friends over hoggin all your coasters.

No but really heavy rain *****. Uncharted *****, MGS *****, and the infamous series is SERIOUSLY ****.

but the 360 is better, interfacing and software wise, games IMO too

but its a matter of prefrence

*CT*

Smash Lord
I'll be honest the only thing 360 is good for imo is online FPS; which you have to pay for which is dumb, but i have a laptop if I really wanted to play that, cause that's the best thing for that. MGS is merely a movie, also the PS3 has ******** classics, well at least mine does, I have everything on it, like old-school Sonic, Megaman, FF/Old RPGs, Crash and Spyro on it.

A list of ******** PS3 games that are exclusive to that I like would be:
3D Dot Heros, GT5, FFV13 (Even though it's not out I think), GoW3, LBP, MGS4, Uncharted Series, VC

A list of 360 exclusives that I would play or like would be:
Dance Central, Doritos Crash Course, Frogger 2, I Made a Game with Zombies in it!, South Park Let's Go Tower Defense Play!

It is all about preference.

Only thing my friends 360 has done in the last 2 years is gather dust and everyone I know has problems with their 360s like RRoD.

Dublio

Smash Ace
I've had my Xbox 360 since November of 2007 and it still hasn't broke down on me. I must be lucky. I mainly love RPGs, which the PS2 usually has tons of. I already had a PS2, which finally broke down last year after like 6 years of being used, so I bought a new one. Since most PS3s don't have backwards compatibility, and the ones that do are expensive and refurbished, I decided getting a new PS2 and then a PS3 later would be a good idea. For my xbox, I only used it to go online for halo, but it was normally offline for everything else. I definitely don't regret buying it, because it has provided me with many hours of entertainment. <3 Lost Odyssey and Resonance of Fate.

Xbox isn't really great for RPGs, but it still has a few great ones. I plan on buying a PS3 sometime and trying to catch up on the fifty billion RPGs that probably came out. Guess it's time for me to start working more so I can have more monies for games. I already have enough money, but I'm saving that money for gas for this trips to smash tournaments instead. :D

Jon?

Smash Champion
Asking for whether PS3 or 360 is better on a "fighting" game forums is really biased. I really don't see what the PS3 has going for it. It has a BlueRay player and that's one of the main reasons it gets sales. I would know, I used to work at Best Buy and this remains true.

Before anyone makes the argument, "just because it sells more doesn't mean it's good," I acknowledge that is a sound argument since we all know that the Wii is a horrible system and appeals to casuals, 8 year olds, and old folk. But this does not justify the fact that PS3 loses in the hardware, game selection, and online experience.

360 is the better option. It has the better games and a better online experience. I've played on both PSN and XBox live and it is obviously stacked towards XBox Live.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
xbox live is definitely better than psn. But depending on what type of game u want to play and how u want to play it should determine what system u get. For example, if u want to play fighting games competitively get the ps3. Cuz most pros and serious fighters get it on that cuz that is what controller they are used to since the ps1 days of tekken lol. Of course we have fight pads now but that is besides the point. they still get it for that system. Anyways for FPS get the 360.

I have every system. I got MvC3 for ps3(better fighting community) but I am going to buy dungeon siege 3 for 360(better overall online experience/more user friendly).

archer.

Smash Lord
Results for salt2 are up. Can't link cuz I'm on my phone but as far as nc goes, kadaj got 5th, me and uncle got 13th, and h1n1 and killanator got 17th. I don't think the bracket was seeded though.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
o dang good stuff to everyone who went =] especially uncle, outplacing h1n1? mad legit! you've gotten a lot better recently

DRN

Smash Lord
Results for salt2 are up. Can't link cuz I'm on my phone but as far as nc goes, kadaj got 5th, me and uncle got 13th, and h1n1 and killanator got 17th. I don't think the bracket was seeded though.
Bracket was seeded. We basically just made sure u guys wouldnt vs each other early on. The main people who were seeded were M2k, BigLou, Kismet, Reflex, Kadaj, Micaelis, Scatt, Player-1, Me, and Billy because these were the ranked players who came. Bracket was pretty stacked for GA

Results/Bracket: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=301250

archer.

Smash Lord
Oh, my bad man. I just remember seeing a list of the players entered in Tio at some point and I noticed everyone had a 5 for their skill level.

DRN

Smash Lord
Oh, my bad man. I just remember seeing a list of the players entered in Tio at some point and I noticed everyone had a 5 for their skill level.
Everyone is entered with the same skill level but then moved and seeded according to how good they are. In this case BigLou/Player-1 seeded this bracket.

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
We also thought Craig and Billy played in Round 1 Winner's. I just saw the bracket and it turns out they played in Round 2. Brian had to beat somebody named Lucas in loser's first before getting to Billy (who lost to Craig).

Stockfield

Smash Champion
Yeah, I have a lot of things to fix until the end of the month.

Never felt as *** as I did at this tournament, and for the first time in a very long time it was extremely discouraging. I'd rather not talk about any of it and just do what I need to fix it.
You got this man. It gets discouraging at times but you of all people can and will over come it.

archer.

Smash Lord
If I have to, I'll do it. It won't be anything super amazing but it won't be bad either.

archer.

Smash Lord
... I can't tell if RPSI is seriously gonna do them or not. But if he's not, then I can for sure do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom