• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Carolina Brawl Power Rankings [1/27] Breaking Bad PRs!! YAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marly

Smash Journeyman
I was using examples of things that have happened in the past, to tell you that things happen at tournaments are not always discussed on the boards, and that the boards is not a be all end all source of knowledge and a stream of current events, because no matter what you say in response to this post, you can prove me wrong that you do not know what goes on at tournaments unless you go to them.

That is a fact. Nice troll though.
Who said the boards were 100% accurate? I know there are some not as credible information posted on the boards, but the actual fact, (unlike your 'fact' which is obviously dependent on suggestive elitism) is that the boards do have more factual information than the ones that are false. I have never claimed that boards were 'to be all end all source of knowledge and a stream of current events,' so don't bother stuffing up things to someone else's mouth, since that's not how logic works, unfortunately. It still contains enough end results to actually make a decent comparison from an objective point of view.

And I also like how you have yet to actually counter-argue my point about NC having not enough good players compared to other states, and rather, attacking my point about how I judge things based solely on results posted on the boards.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Me Keith and Shady went through this over aim chat last night hahaha

Top Notch Asian Chick is Definitely > Than a Top Notch Brazilian Chick
no...

average asian chick > average latino (im not an expert on brazilians specifically lol so I wont say anything about them just the race)

but

10 latino >>>>>>>>>>> 10 asian

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
Stingers i proved him wrong last night

craig.... do u want to bring up the site????

yo stingers i had shady and craig silent as **** LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Marly

Smash Journeyman
I personally think generalizing females' attractiveness based on race is indeed racism.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
craig prolly just counts those chicks with 36DDs with 0.5% body fat in those samurai animes he watches as "Asian"...no wonder he is so confused

Duo55

Smash Ace
Who said the boards were 100% accurate? I know there are some not as credible information posted on the boards, but the actual fact, (unlike your 'fact' which is obviously dependent on suggestive elitism) is that the boards do have more factual information than the ones that are false. I have never claimed that boards were 'to be all end all source of knowledge and a stream of current events,' so don't bother stuffing up things to someone else's mouth, since that's not how logic works, unfortunately. It still contains enough end results to actually make a decent comparison from an objective point of view.

And I also like how you have yet to actually counter-argue my point about NC having not enough good players compared to other states, and rather, attacking my point about how I judge things based solely on results posted on the boards.
I have an Idea, how about everyone is entitled to their own opinion... but that is all that they are. A fact is something that has evidence to back up its concept. Comparing results is an educated guesstimate, not a fact (and I'm not accusing you of saying your opinion is fact) also snap, their is not point in defending anything or changing anyone's opinion because quite frankly opinions don't matter unless it's someone you are trying to impress, or regard their opinion.

Dublio

Smash Ace
There are lots of really good players that happen to be naturally talented and many good players that practiced their brains out in order to get there. Which is more important when it comes to Brawl? The mindset, ability to practice, and suddenly get better? How do players that barely go to any tournaments and can't travel are also somehow able to be really good? Why do other players that go to many tournaments still can't seem to get any better?

How do you even compare something like that? Perhaps people that are improving and getting better are practicing in such a way that actually helps them? Fighting other people may be good for the sake of experience but if you aren't learning from your mistakes, you're bound to keep losing. If you don't know how to counter something or your hands don't follow what your brain tells it to do, then it won't help you at all.

I wonder what makes someone good enough to be considered "the best in the nation." They would obviously have to do something different that other people are not doing. It may be natural talent, hard work, or both. It could be previous experience from Melee, an ability to think, analyze, and adjust bad habits during play. So many different factors affect whether you can improve and get better and how fast you are doing so.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
There are lots of really good players that happen to be naturally talented and many good players that practiced their brains out in order to get there. Which is more important when it comes to Brawl? The mindset, ability to practice, and suddenly get better? How do players that barely go to any tournaments and can't travel are also somehow able to be really good? Why do other players that go to many tournaments still can't seem to get any better?

How do you even compare something like that? Perhaps people that are improving and getting better are practicing in such a way that actually helps them? Fighting other people may be good for the sake of experience but if you aren't learning from your mistakes, you're bound to keep losing. If you don't know how to counter something or your hands don't follow what your brain tells it to do, then it won't help you at all.

I wonder what makes someone good enough to be considered "the best in the nation." They would obviously have to do something different that other people are not doing. It may be natural talent, hard work, or both. It could be previous experience from Melee, an ability to think, analyze, and adjust bad habits during play. So many different factors affect whether you can improve and get better and how fast you are doing so.
smash is pretty simple u just gotta take your opponents stocks before he takes yours. so if u want to be the best in the world u have to find the best way to do that.

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
I still dont think NC sucks >.>

places that you hear nothing about are places that suck

we at least have a few noticeable names

we arent amazing of course

but we by no means suck.

in fact i would say our brawl scene heavily out ways our melee scene

pp of course carries everyone but without him

yay would be the best

he got last place at Rom3 ( a melee regional)

Our unranked players made top 17 at a brawl regional with more attendance ( stock got 17th at seige, TKO 17th,) Not to mention got kadaj 7th, and mekos 25th

our second best ( stingers) beat one of the best WC mks.

that would be like lozr or yay beating Zhu or something. Which i cant see

Not trying to turn this into a melee vs brawl

but we def have potential.

and do not suck.
It was a national, not a regional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom